shape
carat
color
clarity

Stack of the day thread

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy It may still show up. I’ve had that happen a few times. The packages weren’t scanned..It eventually got delivered..and both FedEx and usps didn’t even know they got delivered!

Thanks @Mamabean. I hope so. The weird thing is that the Post Office looked for it and told the seller they now consider it lost. She offered to refund my money now or wait a few more days just in case it does show so I opted to wait till next week. I would rather have the ring than the money but thought it weird the post office said they now consider it lost.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks @Mamabean. I hope so. The weird thing is that the Post Office looked for it and told the seller they now consider it lost. She offered to refund my money now or wait a few more days just in case it does show so I opted to wait till next week. I would rather have the ring than the money but thought it weird the post office said they now consider it lost.
The post office said that..so strange. It didn’t have tracking? My post office said it may turn up and to give it time..It did turn up and the tracking number was “broken”..I had to tell them I received it. Sending magic dust to you that it will turn up..

caf

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Missy - Well poop! That is bad news. I saw in the NIRDI post that it was a frenchie too. I hate when you are looking forward to something like this and it goes awry. Just leaves a bad taste in your mouth thinking someone out there might have taken it.

I agree with your two scenarios. And sometimes things do get lost for a bit and then found. (In fact, you have just reminded me that UPS dropped off a package for someone else at my house and they live around the block. So I am going to harness up a dog and walk on over there and deliver their package.) It really seems odd that it wasn't scanned at her PO. Did she get a receipt? At mine they scan on intake. So you pay, they scan. It is scanned in the system in front of you and you get a receipt. But that doesn't help you. I hope they find it. Sounds like a nice seller too.

My suggestion - pet a kitty, bask in Bubbelah's glow and maybe get some ice cream? I'll be keeping my fingers crossed they find it.

C

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy It may still show up. I’ve had that happen a few times. The packages weren’t scanned..It eventually got delivered..and both FedEx and usps didn’t even know they got delivered!

Missy - Well poop! That is bad news. I saw in the NIRDI post that it was a frenchie too. I hate when you are looking forward to something like this and it goes awry. Just leaves a bad taste in your mouth thinking someone out there might have taken it.

I agree with your two scenarios. And sometimes things do get lost for a bit and then found. (In fact, you have just reminded me that UPS dropped off a package for someone else at my house and they live around the block. So I am going to harness up a dog and walk on over there and deliver their package.) It really seems odd that it wasn't scanned at her PO. Did she get a receipt? At mine they scan on intake. So you pay, they scan. It is scanned in the system in front of you and you get a receipt. But that doesn't help you. I hope they find it. Sounds like a nice seller too.

My suggestion - pet a kitty, bask in Bubbelah's glow and maybe get some ice cream? I'll be keeping my fingers crossed they find it.

C

Thanks @Mamabean and @caf! I am feeling more zen about the whole thing. We will see what happens. The seller handed it to her postman and did not drop it at the post office so that is why it wasn't scanned at the post office immediately. In fact after the seller spoke with her postman (long time trusted postman) about this and he went back to the post office to find out what happened to it he was informed about a new policy being instituted soon. The postal delivery people will soon have scanners in the postal trucks so all packages could be delivered at point of reception. At least some positive changes right? I am guessing there are more than a couple of complaints about items going missing for them to be instituting this new policy. Not sure if it is country wide or just a local thing but it's an improvement for sure.

Thanks for all your good wishes. As I wrote I am feeling much more at peace with the whole thing. It is only a band and thank goodness it isn't Bubbalah that is lost. Makes me rethink sending her anywhere for resetting yanno? I know it is uncommon for things to go missing but still gives me pause (haha or as HRH Francesca likes to meow paws:lol:) about sending my valuable bling anywhere long distance where I cannot hand deliver it myself.:!:

And to make this thread relevant (sorry for the stack jack :whistle::P2) my stack of the moment (not of the day because we are heading out to the beach and I am taking Bubbalah and not all these bands but just for fun):
4 bands top to bottom: Engraved platinum band (vintage), rose gold pink diamond band (Leibish), suisse cut platinum band (vintage), and french cut sapphire band (vintage). Kitty in photo is Sir Tommy. He's our mocha leopard. Fierce.:bigsmile:

stackingbandsandtommy.jpg

OK another shameless Bubbalah shot. I cannot help myself.:P2 How I am wearing her today. Bubbalah and platinum suisse cut band.

bubbalahcrispfacets.jpg.png

And @caf will do. Hugging a kitty (and basking in Bubbalah's glow) right now.:kiss2:

@twang07 TDF gorgeous. Love your setting and stone so much and that minimal stack just works. Dreamy.:love:

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks @Mamabean and @caf! I am feeling more zen about the whole thing. We will see what happens. The seller handed it to her postman and did not drop it at the post office so that is why it wasn't scanned at the post office immediately. In fact after the seller spoke with her postman (long time trusted postman) about this and he went back to the post office to find out what happened to it he was informed about a new policy being instituted soon. The postal delivery people will soon have scanners in the postal trucks so all packages could be delivered at point of reception. At least some positive changes right? I am guessing there are more than a couple of complaints about items going missing for them to be instituting this new policy. Not sure if it is country wide or just a local thing but it's an improvement for sure.

Thanks for all your good wishes. As I wrote I am feeling much more at peace with the whole thing. It is only a band and thank goodness it isn't Bubbalah that is lost. Makes me rethink sending her anywhere for resetting yanno? I know it is uncommon for things to go missing but still gives me pause (haha or as HRH Francesca likes to meow paws:lol:) about sending my valuable bling anywhere long distance where I cannot hand deliver it myself.:!:

And to make this thread relevant (sorry for the stack jack :whistle::P2) my stack of the moment (not of the day because we are heading out to the beach and I am taking Bubbalah and not all these bands but just for fun):
4 bands top to bottom: Engraved platinum band (vintage), rose gold pink diamond band (Leibish), suisse cut platinum band (vintage), and french cut sapphire band (vintage). Kitty in photo is Sir Tommy. He's our mocha leopard. Fierce.:bigsmile:

OK another shameless Bubbalah shot. I cannot help myself.:P2 How I am wearing her today. Bubbalah and platinum suisse cut band.

And @caf will do. Hugging a kitty (and basking in Bubbalah's glow) right now.:kiss2:

@twang07 TDF gorgeous. Love your setting and stone so much and that minimal stack just works. Dreamy.:love:
I’m happy you’re feeling better about it..I love your Suisse cut band with Bubbalah..:lickout:

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I am putting either a French..Suisse or baguette ba
I think I've probably shared this iteration before but maaan the sun shine and freshly cleaned just makes me wanna share my "minimal" stacked set again.

D0521D7F-5F87-422F-ADB8-F83ECC9FF2EB.jpeg
I LOVE everything about your ring..I used to have a yellow gold setting when I first got married. I’ve since changed it over to 18k white gold and I love it..but when I see your ring with your stone in that gold setting I just love it..Yours is one of my very favorites..

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock

Bubbalah makes me happy to see her..I can’t even imagine what she does for you..I also need a Bella fix @Austina I’m never going to upgrade my ering and I would have to do that to get a juicy OEC because my husband wouldn’t understand and I think make him feel bad. I am going to need help getting one for my right hand that’s a combo of OEC in a push up bra setting of some sort so I can get good finger coverage..I’m thinking an OEC in a flower daisy cluster..so the diamonds are smaller but still give me finger coverage...and I always loved flower clusters rings..I’ll definitely need @JPie to help me! I don’t have to have an OEC diamond cluster this time..but it would be great to get both in the same ring..Sorry to do a thread jack.. but all your rings make me drool over here! I’m going to start looking after Christmas after I see what I plan on spending..It’s not going to be huge budget but I think enough to get me the few things I want..:love:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Bubbalah makes me happy to see her..I can’t even imagine what she does for you..I also need a Bella fix @Austina I’m never going to upgrade my ering and I would have to do that to get a juicy OEC because my husband wouldn’t understand and I think make him feel bad. I am going to need help getting one for my right hand that’s a combo of OEC in a push up bra setting of some sort so I can get good finger coverage..I’m thinking an OEC in a flower daisy cluster..so the diamonds are smaller but still give me finger coverage...and I always loved flower clusters rings..I’ll definitely need @JPie to help me! I don’t have to have an OEC diamond cluster this time..but it would be great to get both in the same ring..Sorry to do a thread jack.. but all your rings make me drool over here! I’m going to start looking after Christmas after I see what I plan on spending..It’s not going to be huge budget but I think enough to get me the few things I want..:love:

@Mamabean contact me when you have time...we just arrived to the beach house and are going cycling but when I get back I will check...

https://loupetroop.com/account/listings/21556

twang07

Shiny_Rock
@Mamabean you're far too kind!! Thank you so much. I know the struggle I was very nervous about YG! I very much imagined WG my entire life. But I will stare adoringly at your beautiful collection!

@missy aww thank you! Bubbalah is the stuff of dreams :kiss2: plz continue to grace my eyeballs with her.

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Mamabean you're far too kind!! Thank you so much. I know the struggle I was very nervous about YG! I very much imagined WG my entire life. But I will stare adoringly at your beautiful collection!

I absolutely love your set. The diamond, the warm yellow gold, just everything :love:

JPie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Mamabean let me know when you're ready! :dance:

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
@Mamabean let me know when you're ready! :dance:
As soon as Christmas and my birthday passes I’ll know what I have to spend. My birthday is the first week in January so I want to be able to look but I don’t want to rush into anything unless it hits me square in the forehead with a love dart! Do you know the diameter of your rings? I’m warning you..I’m picky! Hahaha!

JPie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
As soon as Christmas and my birthday passes I’ll know what I have to spend. My birthday is the first week in January so I want to be able to look but I don’t want to rush into anything unless it hits me square in the forehead with a love dart! Do you know the diameter of your rings? I’m warning you..I’m picky! Hahaha!

What a great birthday present to look forward to!

My OEC cluster is ~12.7mm and the rose cut one is 14.5mm.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
What a great birthday present to look forward to!

My OEC cluster is ~12.7mm and the rose cut one is 14.5mm.
Wow they’re big! I’m going to have to go through threads to see if I can find the different sizes and get an idea..I know I want a bezel but I’m not sure about if all the stones around the center should be bezeled..just the center stone...or all of them..See? :lol:

JPie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow they’re big! I’m going to have to go through threads to see if I can find the different sizes and get an idea..I know I want a bezel but I’m not sure about if all the stones around the center should be bezeled..just the center stone...or all of them..See? :lol:

DSS is real, even with cluster rings! Here's a comparison of the three that I have.
  • Ring finger is size 5.5, with 11mm cluster
  • Middle finger is a loose 6.5, 12.7mm cluster
  • Index finger is a 6.25 ring squished onto a size 7 finger, 14.5mm cluster
https://www.instagram.com/p/Bn7eKIIHgxP/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
DSS is real, even with cluster rings! Here's a comparison of the three that I have.
  • Ring finger is size 5.5, with 11mm cluster
  • Middle finger is a loose 6.5, 12.7mm cluster
  • Index finger is a 6.25 ring squished onto a size 7 finger, 14.5mm cluster
https://www.instagram.com/p/Bn7eKIIHgxP/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link
Thank you! I LOVE all your rings but the middle one from Lang’s is my favorite.I think that size would be good for me because I would have to get a 6.5 to be able to wear it on both hands. My left ring finger is smaller than my right..Are they gold or platinum? I would like it to be bright and light so higher color like yours..:love:

JPie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you! I LOVE all your rings but the middle one from Lang’s is my favorite.I think that size would be good for me because I would have to get a 6.5 to be able to wear it on both hands. My left ring finger is smaller than my right..Are they gold or platinum? I would like it to be bright and light so higher color like yours..:love:

That one's my favorite too. The diamonds are set in platinum and the shank is gold.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
That one's my favorite too. The diamonds are set in platinum and the shank is gold.
Sooooo gorgeous! I love the color..or lack of color!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
My wedding stack today because I’m wearing pink..haha..I think I shouldn’t wear my BG eternity with my engagement ring because it competes with my er...and I’ve been neglecting my other bands..so I’m wearing my eternity on my right hand and stacking my bands again on the left hand. I like this stack and I haven’t worn them in a while. I always take crummy pics but I’m sure you guys are use to it by now..:lol-2:
936198B7-0BAB-4CE1-9291-1853221DA747.jpeg

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Today’s stack - seriously I can’t wear any stack that’s not mixed metals! :lol-2::lol-2:
D8BB9E15-250E-4BD0-A264-2A493194D7EC.jpeg
Love those bands together..I really like the width if them..

I realize I like mixed metals too but not with my engagement ring..I need to think of something..gasp

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Not sure what I think about this yet.
001.JPG
I like it! Very pretty! I’m pretty impressed you can fit four rings on your finger!
Your nails are great fun!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
001.JPG

I like it! Very pretty! I’m pretty impressed you can fit four rings on your finger!
Your nails are great fun!

Oooh I like it a lot! Very pretty, and I love your nails too :kiss2:

Oh my gosh yes those nails are TDF adorable. LOVE. I think the stack is fun but I would prefer (since you are asking) less rings stacked up. Your ER is gorgeous and I think too many bands detract. But of course as with all things bling there is no universal right answer and if you love it you can certainly rock it with confidence and rock it well. :appl:

foxinsox

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love those bands together..I really like the width if them..

I realize I like mixed metals too but not with my engagement ring..I need to think of something..gasp
Mixed metal RH stack!

foxinsox

Ideal_Rock
Premium
001.JPG
I think the top ring overwhelms your ering and makes the stack just a big wall of ring. I really like each ring individually but the whole set doesn’t look quite right to my eye. But I also love a look where it’s not just a wall of ring so take my opinion with a big grain of salt!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results