shape
carat
color
clarity

Stack of the day thread

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Mixed metal RH stack!
I’m workin’ on it! :roll2: I ordered a 2 carat OEC Moissy bezel in yellow gold for travel..When it comes I’ll post a pic on the other board..It’s very plain so I can get interesting bands to play with..I’ll wear it also for a change of pace..I need something to tide me over until I get my cluster ring!

Last edited:

CravingDiamonds

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I think the top ring overwhelms your ering and makes the stack just a big wall of ring. I really like each ring individually but the whole set doesn’t look quite right to my eye. But I also love a look where it’s not just a wall of ring so take my opinion with a big grain of salt!
BEAUTIFUL!!!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just waking up so no SOTD yet but here is my SOTD from yesterday. Waiting in the doctor's office at NYU with my dh under yucky lighting. But Bubbalah holds her own I think. Just wore her with the suisse cut band yesterday morning at NYU. I never miss a bling photo op no matter how nerve wracking the situation.:P2

bubbalahatnyu.jpeg

and when I got home I played a bit with my new french cut band. It was a very sunny day...sun has still not come up this AM but hoping for more lovely sun to shine through today despite predicted blustery temps. Haha Tommy is photobombing me though sadly his beautiful face is not in the pic. Awww.

bubbalahand2bandsdiningroom.jpg

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’m workin’ on it! :roll2: I ordered a 2 carat OEC Moissy bezel in yellow gold for travel..When it comes I’ll post a pic on the other board..It’s very plain so I can get interesting bands to play with..I’ll wear it also for a change of pace..I need something to tide me over until I get my cluster ring!

@Mamabean OMG tell your dh you "need" your birthday gift early! Do not miss out on the perfect for you cluster ring if you find it before the occasion... (Feel free to ignore me if I am overstepping!)
(((HUGS))) and happy early birthday!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
@Mamabean OMG tell your dh you "need" your birthday gift early! Do not miss out on the perfect for you cluster ring if you find it before the occasion... (Feel free to ignore me if I am overstepping!)
(((HUGS))) and happy early birthday!
You can never overstep Missy! I have to wait as painful as it is because my husband is not spontaneous and rigid in some ways..He would not be happy if I get it before he does his little thing for Christmas and my birthday. He does the same thing year after year and I just try to be patient so he can have his fun. He prints out a slip of paper with the words Mad Money on it with..I can’t remember the movie..a pic of Diane Keaton, Goldie Hawn and Bette Midler..He thinks he’s hysterical..Mad Money for jewelry..He does this twice..once for Christmas and once for my birthday two weeks later. I’ll probably be able to buy my ring after Christmas and have another gift to buy the other things after my birthday..It just depends..He does buy me a bunch of other things that he wraps up too like books he thinks I’ll like and a new calendar..He’s so funny..It’s the same things and I make a big over the top fuss over how clever he is...even though it’s the same every year..I can’t bust his bubble! :lol:

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Just waking up so no SOTD yet but here is my SOTD from yesterday. Waiting in the doctor's office at NYU with my dh under yucky lighting. But Bubbalah holds her own I think. Just wore her with the suisse cut band yesterday morning at NYU. I never miss a bling photo op no matter how nerve wracking the situation.:P2

bubbalahatnyu.jpeg

and when I got home I played a bit with my new french cut band. It was a very sunny day...sun has still not come up this AM but hoping for more lovely sun to shine through today despite predicted blustery temps. Haha Tommy is photobombing me though sadly his beautiful face is not in the pic. Awww.

bubbalahand2bandsdiningroom.jpg
Oooooh...I really love the bands together with her...:love:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You can never overstep Missy! I have to wait as painful as it is because my husband is not spontaneous and rigid in some ways..He would not be happy if I get it before he does his little thing for Christmas and my birthday. He does the same thing year after year and I just try to be patient so he can have his fun. He prints out a slip of paper with the words Mad Money on it with..I can’t remember the movie..a pic of Diane Keaton, Goldie Hawn and Bette Midler..He thinks he’s hysterical..Mad Money for jewelry..He does this twice..once for Christmas and once for my birthday two weeks later. I’ll probably be able to buy my ring after Christmas and have another gift to buy the other things after my birthday..It just depends..He does buy me a bunch of other things that he wraps up too like books he thinks I’ll like and a new calendar..He’s so funny..It’s the same things and I make a big over the top fuss over how clever he is...even though it’s the same every year..I can’t bust his bubble! :lol:

Aww I get that you don't want to spoil his fun. Is it terrible of me to suggest buying the ring (if that is the one you're truly in love with and I think we know which one I am talking about lol) ahead of time and not telling him and then when he gives you the "mad money" you "buy" it then...wink wink.

I think it's First Wives Club by the way. I love these women. Strong, smart, funny and so talented!

Oooooh...I really love the bands together with her...:love:

Thank you @Mamabean.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Aww I get that you don't want to spoil his fun. Is it terrible of me to suggest buying the ring (if that is the one you're truly in love with and I think we know which one I am talking about lol) ahead of time and not telling him and then when he gives you the "mad money" you "buy" it then...wink wink.

I think it's First Wives Club by the way. I love these women. Strong, smart, funny and so talented!

Hysterical..That’s it! He probably didn’t even think about it being about a divorce! He probably thought of me buying those things with my mad money! I’d need a lot more to buy that stuff! :lol:

He would know..I can’t lie because I always look like a deer in the headlights..I’m a dead giveaway that I’m up to something! :lol-2:

Thank you @Mamabean.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hysterical..That’s it! He probably didn’t even think about it being about a divorce! He probably thought of me buying those things with my mad money! I’d need a lot more to buy that stuff! :lol:

He would know..I can’t lie because I always look like a deer in the headlights..I’m a dead giveaway that I’m up to something! :lol-2:

LOL that's me too @Mamabean. I cannot lie to save my life
liarliar.gif

and I sure hope we never have to put that to the test ayy ayy ayy.:oops:

OK if it is meant to be it will be. Keep telling ourselves patience is a virtue.
thismuchistrue.gif

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I did buy two diamond bands this morning though ;)2..one in white gold and one in yellow gold to go with the bezel ring I just bought..I’m traditional in my jewelry and these are different than what I would normally stack..I think they would go with the bezel because they’re more modern.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I did buy two diamond bands this morning though ;)2..one in white gold and one in yellow gold to go with the bezel ring I just bought..I’m traditional in my jewelry and these are different than what I would normally stack..I think they would go with the bezel because they’re more modern.

Ooh cannot wait to see them! Confession time...I also ordered another band 2 days ago arriving today hopefully. LOL how many bands can a girl wear?
shhh1.gif

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ooh cannot wait to see them! Confession time...I also ordered another band 2 days ago arriving today hopefully. LOL how many bands can a girl wear?
shhh1.gif
I can’t stop myself either! I realize there’s no limit..but I’m speaking for myself. :twisted2:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I can’t stop myself either! I realize there’s no limit..but I’m speaking for myself. :twisted2:

Hahaha cmon @Mamabean I think we can safely say you are speaking for most of us here at PS.:oops2::P2
Hey YOLO right? Enjoy!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock

ringbling17

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I just added this to anOther thread so I figure I’ll add it here as well. Top ring is Tiffany bezet, then a vine/thorn band, next my rose cut oval and then a thin pink diamond band. All rose gold but some are 14kt and some are 18kt. I do prefer the 14kt now that I think about it.
05F3D990-DE14-4789-9032-4BE349871382.png
A55ECDBF-3CD4-4ADE-A171-3F884D022B9D.png

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
C9EE1D61-6324-4F93-B401-61F46AEEC313.jpeg
I’m convinced my ering looks so much better without the bigger eternity..Thin bands seem the way to go with it...I need lotion badly so chopped off most of my hand in the photo! :lol-2:

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I just added this to anOther thread so I figure I’ll add it here as well. Top ring is Tiffany bezet, then a vine/thorn band, next my rose cut oval and then a thin pink diamond band. All rose gold but some are 14kt and some are 18kt. I do prefer the 14kt now that I think about it.
05F3D990-DE14-4789-9032-4BE349871382.png
A55ECDBF-3CD4-4ADE-A171-3F884D022B9D.png
I love your bands..I really enjoy seeing how you stack them. I would never think to stack two different stones together in a stack but I love the way yours works! So pretty!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
shhh1.gif
When are you getting it? Would love to see it!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
When are you getting it? Would love to see it!

It was supposed to come yesterday but as with all things USPS they rarely run on scheduled time..now supposed to arrive today...we will see..sigh.
In the meantime I am just having fun with the 5 bands I now have. Just took a few pics this minute...Care to see? :whistle:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hahaha OK I think your answer will be yes to I am going to share them without waiting your reply as I have to run soon. HRH got into the act as well. LOVE that girl so much. She is the sweetest and no bling in the world could ever compare to my sweet Francesca.

bubbalahand5bands.jpg.png

bubbalahandallherbands.jpg.png

LOL believe it or not I can still bend my finger with all these rings on it but getting them off has caused serious redness and swelling of my darn knuckles. My knuckles are the bane of my existence along with my hair (losing it) and a few other things. Ahhhh the price we pay of getting older. Beats the alternative but wish we didn't have to give up so much to get older if you kwim. Luckily my sense of humor remains intact.

Last photo is blurry sorry but HRH is in it so am sharing anyway.

bubbalahandbandsandfrancesca.jpg.png

Last edited:

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow!!! I’m impressed! That’s some gorgeous wall of bling with Bubbalah the cherry on top! Haha!
Francesca is super adorable! :love:

ringbling17

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love your bands..I really enjoy seeing how you stack them. I would never think to stack two different stones together in a stack but I love the way yours works! So pretty!
Thanks! I never thought to stack them that way either. It’s different and I like that it’s not as in your face as my other diamond plus I’m not as worried about banging it up. I stopped working in the NICU so I can now wear rings. What a change to be able to wear bling at work!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks! I never thought to stack them that way either. It’s different and I like that it’s not as in your face as my other diamond plus I’m not as worried about banging it up. I stopped working in the NICU so I can now wear rings. What a change to be able to wear bling at work!
Awwwwww..Those little babies...:love:

SparkleFest

Shiny_Rock
Hi everyone! Newbie here, hope it's okay to join you. Today's stack, vintage (50's probably) oec solitaire with 2 little sidestones, Bluebird vintage wedding band with 3 teensy diamonds in the very center part and finally the vintage engraved band. All 14k yellow gold, and of course it's all about those flowers in this stack. The middle Bluebird band has a total of 4 flowers and then the final band has them going all around. I have lurked this site for ages, finally coming out to post recently.
floralbands2.JPG
floralbands.JPG

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@SparkleFest What a beautiful stack! Would love more details on each of those rings if you have them? And more pictures, obviously :sun:

SparkleFest

Shiny_Rock
Hello Alex T and those who "liked" the post. Let's see, the OEC ring, Ebay. She's a .33 VS but I forgot the color. I'd venture she's a G. The nifty thing about the little side stones on her, is one of them is actually an OEC, the other I suspect was replaced as it's not. She has a small culet and sparkles like crazy! I got the feeling when I received her that she sat in someone's jewelry box for years and years as she has very little wear.

The Bluebird band, Ebay again (I LOVE Ebay). No history, but I have a real obsession with the little flowers.

The vintage band, with the larger chased flowers, Etsy. The seller told me she purchased it in 1960, and recalls thinking it was older (?? maybe older than what they told her?), but she didn't wear it much thru the years (which is obvious because the ring is so pristine, no wear).

I'll try to get more pics soon! Thanks you all!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
@SparkleFest Your vintage bands are so pretty! I would love to see close up pics of them!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results