shape
carat
color
clarity

SS Big Blue ring has arrived

sleepyspinel

Shiny_Rock
and an east-west profile shot on my finger, further showing the open quality of the setting :)

ssblueside2.jpg

virgoruby

Shiny_Rock
Thanks for posting the profile pics. The setting does showcase your beautiful sapphire perfectly, doesn''t it.
36.gif

sleepyspinel

Shiny_Rock
Sorry it took me so long but I finally got a chance to take an outdoor photo of the ring, I was at a wedding in Hawaii and I had to bring out the big guns :naughty:

Thanks for looking!

On another note, I happened to be wearing the ring on the airplane and someone actually complimented me on it, it was really flattering :saint:

ssblueoutdoor.jpg

kelpie

Ideal_Rock
Wow, you could even say it glows! Really lovely!

Andelain

Ideal_Rock
Wow, that's beautiful!

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
SS, Lovely new pictures. Thank you for sharing!!

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
Hey, such a lovely stone & ingenious setting design to give it everything it needs to be happy.

--- Laurie

AustenNut

Brilliant_Rock
What beautiful stones! And the unique setting really sets it off well. Looking forward to seeing your next projects completed!

klewis

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful SS. I'm not at all surprised that you were complimented on the ring, it's very compliment worthy.
Can we expect a spessartite project anytime soon? :naughty:

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The stone sure makes a statement.

Psst.....I'm still waiting to see what you'll be doing with your trilliant spessartite so I can mooch some ideas off you for my trilliant chrysoberyl. :devil:

BoulderGal

Brilliant_Rock
Wow! That sapphire is to die for! :love: It just glows! I'm becoming a big fan of not-so-dark sapphires. Yours looks like the blue of the sky right before sunrise--maybe--I'm no poet! :lol:

Seriously, the stone, the setting, simply beautiful! Wear it with pride! :appl:

BoulderGal

sleepyspinel

Shiny_Rock
Thanks so much kelpie, Andelain, tourmaline_lover, JewelFreak, and AustenNut I really appreciate your kind words :)

sleepyspinel

Shiny_Rock
klewis said:
Beautiful SS. I'm not at all surprised that you were complimented on the ring, it's very compliment worthy.
Can we expect a spessartite project anytime soon? :naughty:

Thanks Klewis! Alas I have to be "responsible" and save money for an upcoming move but I certainly promise that I will share the process with you all as soon as it gets started in earnest :)

sleepyspinel

Shiny_Rock
Chrono said:
The stone sure makes a statement.

Psst.....I'm still waiting to see what you'll be doing with your trilliant spessartite so I can mooch some ideas off you for my trilliant chrysoberyl. :devil:

Awww thanks Chrono :) I am sorry to keep you all waiting on the trillion spessie, I do promise to share designs as soon as I have some, of course I would be happy to see anything you might be coming up with :naughty:

sleepyspinel

Shiny_Rock
BoulderGal said:
Wow! That sapphire is to die for! :love: It just glows! I'm becoming a big fan of not-so-dark sapphires. Yours looks like the blue of the sky right before sunrise--maybe--I'm no poet! :lol:

Seriously, the stone, the setting, simply beautiful! Wear it with pride! :appl:

BoulderGal

It's quite uncanny that you mention sunrise... the picture was taken at a Hawaiian sunrise beach wedding! I am a strong proponent of med-light toned gemstones, since they tend to not "black out" like more richly toned stones :) Thanks again for your kind words.

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
Re:

virgoruby said:
Thanks for posting the profile pics. The setting does showcase your beautiful sapphire perfectly, doesn''t it.
36.gif

Lovely setting, and the sapphire is wonderful, and I love Hawaii too. :love:

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love the sapphire, and I love all your stones. You have amazing jewelry. May I ask you who made the ring with a yellow stone on your middle finger?

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ohhh I love the new picture-it's beautiful!

sleepyspinel

Shiny_Rock
crasru said:
I love the sapphire, and I love all your stones. You have amazing jewelry. May I ask you who made the ring with a yellow stone on your middle finger?

Thanks crasru :) It's quite a compliment from someone who also has a fine collection. The ring with the yellow stone was made by Richard Krementz (http://www.richardkrementzgemstones.com/index.shtml) which was a closeout deal at Pearlman's Jewelers. It's pretty neat using platinum and 18kt yellow gold, it has a euroshank and all, very well constructed :) I think that Pearlman's still has other Krementz pieces (albeit no identical pieces).

sleepyspinel

Shiny_Rock
Re: Re:

Lovinggems said:
virgoruby said:
36.gif

Lovely setting, and the sapphire is wonderful, and I love Hawaii too. :love:

Thanks Lovinggems and Packrat, I appreciate your compliments!

Largosmom

Brilliant_Rock
Please let me add my compliments to both you and Michael for a great collaboration. Choice of stone! Wooo!....setting is strong, structural, and yet allows the stone to glow through the structure. The collection goes to show how nice men's rings can be.

+1 on the Trilliant spess.....that will make an amazing ring.

Laura

brandy_z28

Brilliant_Rock
Oh wow, yet another compliment for you and Michael! :appl: Gorgeous stone and ring!

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
sleepyspinel said:
crasru said:

Thanks crasru :) It's quite a compliment from someone who also has a fine collection. The ring with the yellow stone was made by Richard Krementz (http://www.richardkrementzgemstones.com/index.shtml) which was a closeout deal at Pearlman's Jewelers. It's pretty neat using platinum and 18kt yellow gold, it has a euroshank and all, very well constructed :) I think that Pearlman's still has other Krementz pieces (albeit no identical pieces).

Congratulations! I know that Krementz is considered a fine, top-class jeweler. It would be nice to own a ring made by him.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results