shape
carat
color
clarity

Square cushion H&A

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

onedrop

Ideal_Rock
That first picture really shows the hearts and arrows. Very nice!! Would love some hand pics.
30.gif

Edited to add: Oooohhhh, now I see the hand pics! I had to scroll to the right (duh)! Nice!!

Addlepated

Shiny_Rock
Thank you everyone for your really kind words and compliments!

I am very happy with the stone, which I got from Good Old Gold, and the setting, which I got from Copeland Jewelers in Austin. Copeland even engraved the platinum on the sized portion with a wheat pattern and milgrained (is that the right term?) the edges so that it would match.

For some reason it looks like there are a lot of specks in the stone which don''t really appear there. I''m going to clean it tomorrow morning (cause I''m too busy slobbering on it and petting it tonight) and take some more pictures in the daylight. Because really, can you ever take too many pictures? Hee!
9.gif

I just can''t get over how heavy platinum is!

Rockchick

Brilliant_Rock
36.gif
Hubba Hubba
36.gif

30.gif
That is a a beautiful ring! I love square H&A
30.gif

Addlepated

Shiny_Rock
Here are some more hand shots.
1.gif

ringdiffuse.JPG
ringwindow.JPG
ringflash1.JPG
ringflash2.JPG
ringflash3.JPG

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
9.gif
NICE!
9.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
It looks great, the stone is magnificent and I love the vintage setting appearance. Also I don''t know if you would consider this but my old ring head had heavy prongs and the last time I had work done on the head, I had the jeweler shave down the prongs so they were more delicate and showed more of the stone. I tend to prefer this and figured I''d mention it just in case...your setting looks lovely the way it is, but I''m just such a fan of showing as much of the stone as possible in any type of setting!!
1.gif

Addlepated

Shiny_Rock
Thanks for the suggestion, Mara!

For some reason the prongs look much more pronounced in the picture than they do in real life. But you''re right - they are kinda big. I may ask my jeweler to tone them down a little bit, but right now I don''t wanna give my baby up for a couple of days yet.
9.gif

Maybe in a few weeks when I''m done petting my precious.

Addlepated

Shiny_Rock
Since I went into the jeweler yesterday to get my garnet set, I decided to ask him to fiddle with the prongs on the ring for me. I asked him if he could make them smaller and possibly look like split claws. The ironic part is that the ring is ready already, but I''ve got a bunch of stuff going on and probably won''t be able to pick it up until Friday.
39.gif

Addlepated

Shiny_Rock
Here''s a before and after comparison of the prongs. I like what he did with them - they definitely look more "antiquey" now.

prongs.jpg

Two dimensional pictures really make the stone look like it''s round. It looks much more square in person!

fountainfairfax

Brilliant_Rock
I love the new prongs!!! I always admired your ring before but the prongs do make a difference! I think its great that you didn''t "settle" but knew you wanted something tweaked and did it! Good for you, wear it in great health!!!

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
i've always loved your ring addlepated, but what an improvement with the prongs!! it's the little things that can really make a difference!! it's beautiful!!
(when's the garnet going to be done?
3.gif
)

Addlepated

Shiny_Rock
Date: 2/28/2005 10:32:53 AM
Author: belle
i''ve always loved your ring addlepated, but what an improvement with the prongs!! it''s the little things that can really make a difference!! it''s beautiful!!

(when''s the garnet going to be done?
3.gif
)

Thanks Belle. Heehee, I''m anxious on the garnet too! Hopefully next week I should have it in my hot little hands. I also had a tennis bracelet that my husband had gotten sized up for me too much, so there were 6 extra 15 pointers in it. I asked the jeweler to size the bracelet down and use the diamonds for 3 pairs of studs for me and my girls.
1.gif

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
I asked the jeweler to size the bracelet down and use the diamonds for 3 pairs of studs for me and my girls
i love it!!.....so very resourceful of you!
2.gif

ps....i still miss the black widow, but you''re new avatar is great! i''m a sucker for the arrows!!
2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results