shape
carat
color
clarity

Spring Is in the Air, Show Me The (OEC) Buttercups!

bunnycat

Ideal_Rock
Hello everyone! I've been taking a little bling break since late last year but wanted to share my recent little reset project.

A couple of years ago I bought little pair of .40tw OECs off DB (I think they may have been from Mara) and set them in to YG buttercup settings as a daily wear YG pair of earrings. I thought I was just going to leave them as they were, done deal. Cute earrings. I'm happy. But eventually a ring I had with an OEC in it became too damaged to be worth repair and so I scrapped the setting and kept the stone, a cute little ~.38 Old Mine cut. Of course, it took no time at all for the idea of finding a mate for it to surface and I casually hunted eBay and DB on occasion but couldn't quite bring myself to pull the trigger on anything.

Then, I saw this little stone listed by a lady (not sure if she posts here) called Pinkbow that was looked about the right size. The poor stone sat and sat and no one bought it. The price went down and I said "well...I know I can find SOME use for it, even if it won't match". So I bought it. And it was a pretty good match! One stone is a little bigger than the other, but it's ok since they are on my ears, not my hand!

Still, the new stones sat and sat without me doing anything for months. I guess I feared having to start again with new settings, which I didn't want to do. Finally, I said "do it or sell!" and so I took them to my jeweler and he said it would be no problem to move the new stones over to the same buttercup setting that I love for these (and very economically too!), despite the stones being .5mm or so larger.

So now I present to you my new .80tw OEC upgrades. I've worn them every day for the last week! Super love them! I'm sorry I forgot to take pre setting pic of them. How quickly we forget protocols when on a break!

oecclose80b.jpg

oecclose80d.jpg

oecclose80c.jpg

oecclose80e.jpg

RLP, with my (also new) 2nd hole studs (a V-day gift from Mr Bcat) that are about .2 or .25tw. I can't remember which.
rlpoec80.jpg

On the ear:
closeoec80.jpg

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
They are absolutely beautiful bastetcat, I love them! You did a great job finding a match, the stones go so well with each other. And how wonderful that you were able to re-use settings you had, yay for a good jeweler! :appl: They look so pretty on the ear, congrats and enjoy!

bunnycat

Ideal_Rock
junebug17|1395852034|3641723 said:
They are absolutely beautiful bastetcat, I love them! You did a great job finding a match, the stones go so well with each other. And how wonderful that you were able to re-use settings you had, yay for a good jeweler! :appl: They look so pretty on the ear, congrats and enjoy!

Thank you Junebug! I've missed your kind words in my long absence! :wavey:

baby nurse

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Those are just lovely, bastetcat :love: :love: ! I really enjoy seeing yellow gold. It makes me want to get a set of these!

kathley

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
They are beautiful and look lovely on you! Now, I would love to have a pair as well :love:

bunnycat

Ideal_Rock
Thank you Kathley and babynurse! Who am I to enable??? ;))

Did you reset your stone Kathley? You avatar picture is fabulous!

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh I missed you b cat!

These are beautiful!

bunnycat

Ideal_Rock
Niel|1395858885|3641790 said:
Oh I missed you b cat!

These are beautiful!

ericad|1395860877|3641810 said:
LOVE!!!!!! :love:

Thank you guys! I missed y'all too!

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love me some buttercups!!!!

bunnycat

Ideal_Rock
AprilBaby|1395861287|3641815 said:
I love me some buttercups!!!!

I know! They have a fun, dainty, vintage appeal....but that doesn't stop me from liking my martini settings, and my 8 prongs either! :love: I'm an earring fan! I may even submit to a third hole if I can get over the horror of the last years very slow healing process for the second set. (I was allergic to the piercing studs and it took me 3 months to figure it out...)

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ooh, my new favorite earrings! :love: Gorgeous!!!
Wear them in health and happiness Bastetcat. :appl:

lovefordiamonds

Shiny_Rock
Very pretty!! congratulations! :appl:

kathley

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
bastetcat|1395855886|3641769 said:
Thank you Kathley and babynurse! Who am I to enable??? ;))

Did you reset your stone Kathley? You avatar picture is fabulous!

Yes, I just reset it into a Verragio I had my eye on for some time. [URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/the-forum-engagement-ring-folder-eye-candy.5429/page-289']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/the-forum-engagement-ring-folder-eye-candy.5429/page-289[/URL]

Now I am trying to find the perfect eternity ring to go with it! Thank you for noticing! 8)

bunnycat

Ideal_Rock
thank you mIssy and lovefordiamonds!

Kathley- I'm going to go check your pics out!

armywife13

Ideal_Rock
They are beautiful! I absolutely adore buttercup settings!

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
What a fabulous way to celebrate spring!! They are gorgeous and IMO, just the perfect size for your ears!! I love the YG buttercup setting!!

And nice to see you again!

lioness

Brilliant_Rock
beautiful!!

kalomeli

Shiny_Rock
They're just lovely!! :love: :love: I love the buttercup style!

bunnycat

Ideal_Rock
Thank you armywife, enerchi, kalomeli and lioness! :wavey:

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
they have a real "presence" on your ear that I absolutely think is :love: :appl:

bunnycat

Ideal_Rock
movie zombie|1395933329|3642285 said:
they have a real "presence" on your ear that I absolutely think is :love: :appl:

Thank you MZ!!! I'm wearing them again today! :love: :love: :love:

Loves Vintage

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Bastetcat - You're my earring inspiration!! I even wrote to you a while back about your 8 prongs: https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/8-prong-earring-ladies.197356/ Goodness, I love your new earrings too! I've always loved the setting. Are they stock settings??? Do they feel different/move around more than the 8 prong? I still have not set mine, nor have I gotten my ears pierced, haha. What do you think it was about the piercing settings that caused the allergic reaction? I keep meaning to drive up to a piercing place to get mine done, and hope to avoid the problems I've had in the past with piercings, but haven't gotten around to it yet.

Anyway, lovely earrings, and thanks for being my inspiration!! :wavey:

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
:appl: :appl: super cute on your ears!!

bunnycat

Ideal_Rock
test post...having trouble posting more than a lone or two. will try again later....

misskittycat

Brilliant_Rock
They have such a cute vintage vibe! Very sweet, and the ear shots look great!

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh I love these! :love:

bunnycat

Ideal_Rock
Thank you Catmom and misskittycat!

LV- I tried to answer last night but my window kept crashing. Let me try again.

bunnycat

Ideal_Rock
Loves Vintage|1395955891|3642520 said:
Bastetcat - You're my earring inspiration!! I even wrote to you a while back about your 8 prongs: https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/8-prong-earring-ladies.197356/ Goodness, I love your new earrings too! I've always loved the setting. Are they stock settings??? Do they feel different/move around more than the 8 prong? I still have not set mine, nor have I gotten my ears pierced, haha. What do you think it was about the piercing settings that caused the allergic reaction? I keep meaning to drive up to a piercing place to get mine done, and hope to avoid the problems I've had in the past with piercings, but haven't gotten around to it yet.

Anyway, lovely earrings, and thanks for being my inspiration!! :wavey:

They are stock settings (Stuller) just as the 8 prong ones are. If I were choosing settings for a first pair of studs, I'd go with the 8 prong. They sit a little lower.They don't move around. The buttercups don't move around either, but over a certain stone size they look a little odd. I think these at 4.5 is pushing the edge of the envelope.

It turns out I am allergic to titanium. So even though the piercing studs were medical grade, my ears wouldn't really heal up right. They weren't infected, but also not healing so I switched to 14k YG and took a few extra months to heal them up. Now they are fine.

What problems have you had in the past?

Marina87

Rough_Rock
These earrings look great on you! Stunning!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results