shape
carat
color
clarity

Split shank

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

bookworm240

Shiny_Rock
I tried on rings at a local store and found a style I really like. It is similar to sparklegirl''s at the following thread https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/split-shank-wearers.75908/

I would wear the ring as a sort of e-ring/ wedding ring in white gold. I might widen the shank. I am leaning towards a blue sapphire as the main stone. I am concerned that the white prong against the blue stone will be distracting. Any thoughts?

Could one of the angels, please either make the link clickable or past in sparklegirls'' ring???

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 8/21/2009 6:29:17 PM
Author:bookworm240
I tried on rings at a local store and found a style I really like. It is similar to sparklegirl's at the following thread https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/split-shank-wearers.75908/

I would wear the ring as a sort of e-ring/ wedding ring in white gold. I might widen the shank. I am leaning towards a blue sapphire as the main stone. I am concerned that the white prong against the blue stone will be distracting. Any thoughts?

Could one of the angels, please either make the link clickable or past in sparklegirls' ring???
made it clickable

ETA :MTG was quick on the draw double post
12.gif
by me...
ETAA: would you also put larger sidestones in it as well? I think it would look great especially the contrast of blue and white metal, but if you were going to widen with larger sidestones but put a Diamond instead, I would say it would detract from your center, however what your talking about I really like!

for those that don't want to click

Ring535792.jpg

kas baby

Brilliant_Rock

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I''d do a medium toned blue sapphire too so the contrast won''t be too stark. I think it''s going to be perfect!

ma re

Ideal_Rock
It depends on an individual stone - those dark, inky sapphires we see most often in cheap jewellery would be too dark, and the contrast would be harsh, but something more towards light in tone (medium-ish blue), with nice saturation and a lot of life (sparkle) would look great in it. And the level of distraction of prongs will depend on the craftsmanship and the skill of the stone setter as well (their shape, size, position...).

Nomsdeplume

Brilliant_Rock
I think that would look great!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results