shape
carat
color
clarity

Spinel RHR

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Thank you, Neatfreak.Funny you should ask about how many rings I have.I just took a picture of all of them and will post it below.I’ve probably sold more than I have but I sold them to help fund the purchase of new rings.

Thanks LltFirecracker.I think I will treasure this ring.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here are my rings:

From back row to front.

LR - wrings, spinel, green sapphire, merelani mint garnet, diamond with sapphire accents, irradiated blue diamond

LR - Kentucky blue sapphire, amethyst, sapphire, emerald, Montana sapphire, tanzanite

LR - ruby, tanzanite, aquamarine, rhodolite, pink sapphire, aquamarine

LR - pink sapphire, spessartite, pink sapphire, garnet, pink sapphire, rhodolite

Front - multi colored garnet

mcringscoll1.gif

panda08

Brilliant_Rock
Marcy, I love your new/old ring! That''s so wonderfully sweet that you found that pretty spinel to put in your original e-ring setting
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

WOW, I am SO impressed and JEALOUS, of your ring collection!!! One of these days, you should put all of them on and take a pic
1.gif

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you Panda. I don''t know if I could get them all on at once - but it would be fun. I have definitely sold more rings than I have - I either didn''t like them anymore, decided they weren''t nice enough or I found I just wasn''t wearing them. When I had to get them all sized down for the second time I actually sold quite a few of them then to help pay to have the other ones sized.

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Marcy, what a beautiful collection. It must be fun deciding, which one to wear every day.

Linda

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you Linda. I do definitely sometimes pick what color of clothes to wear based on which ring I want to wear. I remembered I left one out of the picture but I never wear it. It is a 1/4 ct bag and round cluster ring in the shape of a star. They are badly cut stones so they look really yellow. I don''t like bags very well.

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
Yay! Thanks for posting this pic Marcyc! Sooo many colors! How many rings do you wear at time? One on each hand? Lovely rings--so many gems to choose from!

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh, Marcy - your collection pic is just amazing! Love it!!!!

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous collection!!

mochi

Ideal_Rock
WOW!! That''s one awsome collection!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful ring collection, Marcy! Thanks for sharing. Now I don''t feel so guilty about having another ring made myself.

I love you enablers!
9.gif

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This stone was difficult to photograph in the sun. Here is one with some fire.

spinelfire1.gif

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sun behind the ring.

sunbackspinel.gif

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sun reflection shot.

spinelrelfect2.gif

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Coati, my dream was to have one of every faceted gemstone but I soon found I didn’t like many of the gemstones for rings so after buying some inexpensive ones on ebay or online jewelry discount places I have since sold many of them.Of course now I realize many of them were probably bad quality stones.Yellow stones don’t look very good on my skin but I love yellow beryl and yellow sapphire.I only wear one gemstone ring a day.The multi garnet ring I never wear because it’s not my style but I love the uniqueness of it.

Lauren, thank you so much.Your ring collection is lovely too.

Thank your Tourmaline lover.I need to add rubellite to my collection.I doubt I’ll ever be able to afford a nice paraiba but I love them.

Thank you mochi.I hope to expand it a ring or two next year.

Fly Girl, I am delighted you like my collection and that you don’t feel guilty about having another ring made for yourself.Is it finished yet?Do you have a link to it?

So what other gemstone rings would I like to have?A color change garnet, a tsavorite garnet, a larger spessartitie garnet, an orange sapphire, a pad sapphire, a bicolor – maybe tourmaline or ametrine, a purple sapphire and the list goes on and on . . .I know that all of you will encourage me to continue to work on my collection.

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/9/2008 11:59:41 AM
Author: marcyc
This stone was difficult to photograph in the sun. Here is one with some fire.

Fantastic shot! Look at that fire!
30.gif

If you get a moment, could you post a close up of the green sapphire? It looks so lively. I'd love to see more of it! (I've only seen the really dark ones that we had to ID in class)

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks Coati! Here is a photo of the green sapphire I tried to adjust to the color as possible.

greensapring.gif

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Okay, that wasn't the one I adjusted - try this one. The stone is light enough it's see through like an aqua but has enough saturation it looks olive green. It is not dark at all more of a light to medium saturation.

greensapring2.gif

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Close up.

mcgrnsaphring2.gif

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The stone from the side giving a better idea of the color.

ETA: The ring is YG is that helps you see the correct color balance on your monitor.

grensappside.gif

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Love the sparkle picture of your new spinel! Green sapphire is very nice as well. Love that shade of green. I'm still working on my next ring. I'll be sure to post it when I get closer to figuring out what I want to do.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you Fly Girl. I will be anxious to see your ring when you get it figured out.

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/9/2008 5:20:58 PM

ETA: The ring is YG is that helps you see the correct color balance on your monitor.

Thanks for posting these Marcyc! I can really see the color in this shot--kind of a creamy earthy green--I like it a lot, and I think it''s perfect in yellow gold. I think this type of green sapphire would also look nice in a bold yellow gold bezel. I''ve been getting into green lately. I really want a nice peridot. ahhhh Gems! Gems!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Coati,

Date: 11/9/2008 5:32:55 PM
Author: coatimundi

Date: 11/9/2008 5:20:58 PM

Thanks for posting these Marcyc! I can really see the color in this shot--kind of a creamy earthy green--I like it a lot, and I think it's perfect in yellow gold. I think this type of green sapphire would also look nice in a bold yellow gold bezel. I've been getting into green lately. I really want a nice peridot. ahhhh Gems! Gems!
I think the side shot came out the best for the color. I really like the color. We tried the gemstone in both WG and YG and both of us immediatelly said YG. I will post shots of the earrings and pendant when I get them this week.

ETA: I agree this type of green sapphire would be awesome in a YG bezel setting.

laurel25

Brilliant_Rock
It''s lovely and what a great way to get to still wear your original e-ring! I love it!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you Laurel. I am really going to enjoy wearing my original ering again. I thought DH did "good" picking it out.

Love in Bloom

Ideal_Rock
Wow that baby sparkles! Just excellent for that setting
36.gif

stepcutnut

Ideal_Rock
I love your whole collection, esp. you new spinel ring :)

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Thanks Love in Bloom.I think it looks good in the setting.

Thank you Stepcutnut.The spinel will be one of my favorite rings.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results