shape
carat
color
clarity

Spinel RHR

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Once upon a time I was pleasantly surprised by a beautiful engagement ring.

36.gif
My husband picked the ring out and left it on the table for me in a restaurant.Naturally I said yes and proudly wore the ering with a ring guard and diamond anniversary band for our first 15 years of marriage.The original ering had a .15 ct diamond with .06 ct diamond accents.The ring guard had two .03 ct diamonds.

Two summers ago we both got new wedding rings and I got a new diamond but since the original ering meant so much to me I wanted to find another way to wear them.

About a year ago I had the center diamond and the diamonds out of the ring guard put in to a heart pendant.I have been looking for awhile for gemstone to put in the original ering then wear as a RHR.

A few weeks ago I ordered this cobalt blue spinel from Dan Stair at Custom Gemstones.The stone is a .79 ct and shifts color from blue to purple depending on the light. The jeweler put some diamonds back in the ring guard, added a new head and here is the finished ring.

http://www.shaneco.com/catalog/prod...arrings&Page|1=30&Sort=&isDyorRecordSet=false

mcspinel3.gif

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
On my finger.

mcspinel1.gif

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Profile shot

spinelprofile.gif

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ohhhh, so pretty!!!! And how sentimental that it''s your original setting!!
30.gif

I just picked up a new blue spinel from Dan, and I am so happy with it!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Profile shot 2

spinealprofile2.gif

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks Lauren! I can''t wait to see what you do with your new spinel. This is my first stone from him but certainly not the last. It is so sparkly!

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
What an awesome way to re-use a setting, looks fabulous :)

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks Deelight. I thought of having the ring guard removed and put a new shank on the back but that was more expensive than getting 2 diamonds put back in the ring. The ring guard was $120 and we paid $10 a month on it and it was my first Christmas present from my husband so I decided I wanted to keep it with the ering.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Beeeeeeeautiful and I love that you are using the ring.

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
It''s lovely Marcyc! I love that it''s your original ering! That spinel is such a fantastic color--Dan the Man strikes again!

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/8/2008 12:01:04 PM
Author: marcyc
Thanks Deelight. I thought of having the ring guard removed and put a new shank on the back but that was more expensive than getting 2 diamonds put back in the ring. The ring guard was $120 and we paid $10 a month on it and it was my first Christmas present from my husband so I decided I wanted to keep it with the ering.

Awww thats so sweet :), I love the sentimentality of it all :)

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Fine job Marcy!

cheers--Sharon

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love your story Marcy
30.gif
Your ring is gorgeous and I bet that spinel really sparkles!!!!!! I am going to have to get one from Dan one of these days
36.gif
I am so glad that you are happy with it.

Linda

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
Marcyc--do you have more pics? I bet she sparkles like mad in the sun!!

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very pretty! I am glad that you got to use your original engagement setting in such a sentimental and lovely way!

MMT

Ideal_Rock
Very pretty, how great that you kept your original setting
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

bling addict

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful ring Marcy!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

And a wonderful way to reuse your original e-ring!
36.gif

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous! There''s something special about those original pieces of jewelry, isn''t there? I recently had my original wedding set resized, and got a new stone for it, and I''m wearing it again after 20 long years. It just feels sooooo right on my hand.

Enjoy your ring. I know you are. And, thanks for sharing with us. My original wedding set would still be in my drawer if not for PS, so I know that stories like yours inspire others. Thanks.
36.gif

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Thanks Skippy.I am pretty sentimental when it comes to Marty so I know I’ll enjoy wearing the ring again.

Coati, I really like the spinel.I saw it dark blue, light blue, teal and purple today.Dan ROCKS!

Deelight, don’t tell anyone I am sentimental – it might ruin my reputation.

Thanks, Sharon.The jeweler did a nice job putting it all back together for me.

Linda, I am glad you like my ring.I hope to buy from Dan again sometime and I hope you get something from him too.

Coati, we had mostly cloudy skies today – I am hoping for some sun to get some pictures of it in sunlight.I will post them when I get them.

Thank you Cushioncutnut.When I first upgraded my ering I knew I would eventually do something with it instead of just leaving it in my jewelry box.

Thank you MMT.I had no option than to keep my original ering because I wouldn’t want to upgrade where we bought it.At first I was going to swap off and still wear it but my ideal cut diamond won that battle.

Thank you Bling Addict.I am happy to have it on my hand again.

Fly Girl, PS gives me more ideas than I should have.I will have to go find photos of your original wedding set.I know what you mean about it feeling right to be wearing it again.

PrincessDijon

Brilliant_Rock
Marcy-

What a touching story! Great spinel to go along with it too!

36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you Princess Dijon.

Fly Girl; is your original ring the one with the green diamond? It very pretty. I couldn''t respond to it for some reason so I hope you see this here.

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/8/2008 10:15:06 PM
Thank you Princess Dijon.

Fly Girl; is your original ring the one with the green diamond? It very pretty. I couldn't respond to it for some reason so I hope you see this here.
You are sweet, Marcy. I posted my original rings on this page. Link I think part of the reason I like that green diamond ring is because it was small and simple, like my original.
1.gif

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Fly Girl, I love your upgraded ring.
1.gif
It is very pretty and classic and that is wonderful you are enjoying wearing it again! I love that you used your original diamond on your aquamarine pendant (which is lovely too BTW). I tend to like smaller jewelry. I wanted a 5mm stone for this ring and think I would have liked that size a little bit better but I am very pleased with this stone. Here is the link to my pendant that I had remade from the diamonds in my original ering.

LostSapphire

Ideal_Rock
I love to hear the story behind your new ring! How romantic!

LS

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks, Lost Sapphire.

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/8/2008 10:30:16 PM
Fly Girl, I love your upgraded ring.
1.gif
It is very pretty and classic and that is wonderful you are enjoying wearing it again! I love that you used your original diamond on your aquamarine pendant (which is lovely too BTW). I tend to like smaller jewelry. I wanted a 5mm stone for this ring and think I would have liked that size a little bit better but I am very pleased with this stone. Here is the link to my pendant that I had remade from the diamonds in my original ering.
I remember your story about the heart pendant. Such a pretty piece, and I bet you are still enjoying wearing that as well.

I love the blue spinel in your ring. That stone is still plenty small enough to keep the ring wearable. I think that is why I love smaller jewelry pieces as well. Smaller pieces are easier to wear, and when I can wear them more I can enjoy them more.

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
Wow Marcy it''s gorgeous! You have some really pretty rings!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Fly Girl, I do treasure the heart pendant and wear it frequently.I agree small pieces are more wearable.I love seeing large stones and pieces but they aren’t my style.

Thanks, Kelli.I do love rings and earrings the best.

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Marcy that is so sweet! How many rings do you have in total lady? You must have a million!

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
What a cute story, I love your ring and I love the meaning behind it.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results