shape
carat
color
clarity

Spinel Help!

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
I right click the picture and hit save picture. Then use Microsoft word to edit the picture. There you can enlarge, flip the stone and de-saturate the color. I can enlarge the picture when viewing, but not when saving. I am not the most computer savvy person though.

Ah ok am usually using the phone (iPhone) or sometimes iPad so need to figure out how to play with the pics I guess... thanks!

qubitasaurus

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I bought it at a fair from a Burmese exhibitor and I don’t think they have a website. I haven’t check to be honest.

The certificate that came with is a Burmese one as well.

I will definitely turn the stone upside down and really scrutinise the next time I get a stone! I have learned from here that it’s ok to have inclusions in a stone but I should be aware of them and the pricing should reflect that too.

Yeah that sounds like a super steep learning curve, as stones bought at fairs typically can't be returned, and the lighting near the booths is going to skew your perception of them.

Excited to see your emerald now =)2.

voce

Ideal_Rock
If your jeweler didn't inspect the stone carefully for fractures and such to tell you about the risks with setting this stone, I think they're not doing their job. I've had stones set by a jeweller in Toronto and stones set by Ivyandrosevintage whom I have contacted on Etsy, and of course, by Cecile Raley Designs. Any jeweller worth their salt would inspect the stone before they agree to set it, and would inform you of such a fracture if it was there, BEFORE they set it.

I'm inclined to distrust your jeweller, rather than the vendor of the stone itself, simply because your jeweller did not inspect and disclose this issue to you before they set it. Of course, they're not going to own up to this, but if I were you, I would not use that jeweller again.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results