shape
carat
color
clarity

Spinel experts, I'm looking for my first spinel

CHRISTY-DANIELLE

Ideal_Rock
I don't know, I'm outside the return window now, but wouldn't have kept this if I'd known the dimensions provided were wrong and so stone can't be recut. I'm a bit bummed.
Maybe with a good basket under it, it will look better set? It's far from ugly, just had some windowing I wanted to get corrected 20181022_110908.jpg 20181017_163201.jpg .

2Neezers

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I’m sorry to hear your stone can’t be recut. If you are unhappy with the cut, I would contact the seller and tell them the stone wasn’t the size they sold it as. I would think they would have to allow the return since the stone isn’t as they had described. If the color is exactly what you were looking for, I would consider keeping it. From what I can see in your pictures, there’s nothing about the cut that would bother me if the color was perfect. It’s a very lovely stone :love:

CHRISTY-DANIELLE

Ideal_Rock
Thank you @Mrs_Strizzle and @2Neezers for the nice comments. I was in a bit of disappointed shock when I posted that yesterday, but I feel better about it today. Jerry actually said the existing cut was very precise, just a little off on some angles. I do love the color and the stone has a lot of sparkle, especially in indirect sunlight. I think with the right setting it will be fine.
But I probably won't buy another stone thinking I can get it recut, I've learned that's not always possible. Jerry did say he could treat it like a rough and redo the whole stone, but it would lose 25 to 35% of weight and a mm off height and width.

Mrs_Strizzle

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you @Mrs_Strizzle and @2Neezers for the nice comments. I was in a bit of disappointed shock when I posted that yesterday, but I feel better about it today. Jerry actually said the existing cut was very precise, just a little off on some angles. I do love the color and the stone has a lot of sparkle, especially in indirect sunlight. I think with the right setting it will be fine.
But I probably won't buy another stone thinking I can get it recut, I've learned that's not always possible. Jerry did say he could treat it like a rough and redo the whole stone, but it would lose 25 to 35% of weight and a mm off height and width.

Keep it and set it like you were planning. Or if not, sell it to me and I will:twisted2:, because it's too gorgeous not to.

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Bummer about the recut but I’m glad you kept it because the color is beautiful (and the size ain’t bad either). :lol-2:

I still love your setting idea. Delicious! :love:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results