shape
carat
color
clarity

Specific Gravity of Grade B Jadeite

joycece

Rough_Rock
Maybe just see it as a placeholder until you can save up for a upgraded lavender bangle (for fine “old pit” grain and a more watery texture I think it will cost over 4k at minimum). I’m sure you will be able to sell this bangle easily when the time comes as it has a pleasing colour.

Which chanel do you usually sell ur jewelry? I post some of mine on Facebook market place but don't get a lot of inquiries...sometimes I just sell the gold items to those "cash for gold" places

peacechick

Brilliant_Rock
Which chanel do you usually sell ur jewelry? I post some of mine on Facebook market place but don't get a lot of inquiries...sometimes I just sell the gold items to those "cash for gold" places

When I lived in Canada, I usually sold my jewelry on my city’s Kijiji/Craigslist. What’s more active depends on your city. Kijiji was very active in Vancouver but Craigslist was the fastmoving one in Montreal. I have sold rings and jade but nothing of more value than a few hundred dollars. And obviously safety is paramount so I always met buyers outside my condo building which has security cameras. Now I’m in Singapore, I would most likely use Carousell which is our local online marketplace.

For your jade bangle, maybe Loupetroop or Etsy/eBay? Something with more seller protection. And when you do want to sell it is worth getting a certificate to prove it is Grade A.

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Lovinggems I was just about to go in and ask if anything was looking at anything beautiful!!!

Second and third are my favorites!!!!!! Like Fourth too but you know me and colour!

Which one are you eyeing?

ChaiK

Brilliant_Rock
I like the first and second ones. Please can you share which seller?

Thank you.

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
@mellowyellowgirl I think some may not be available anymore, the 49 is the fifth bangle, my favourite, the cotton inside looks like an ice storm. Not sure which other one I like best but these are on my shortlist within budget. There are other really great ones but over budget and don't think I can sleep while waiting for the parcel if it costs too much more.

@ChaiK please note I haven't bought from this seller but she's on my shortlist. I've bought from the seller with the fifth and sixth bangle. Buying from China direct to overseas = no returns, making payment can be a pain. Do you have an email address? You have tiny hands under 50 can still buy really great looking bangles at better prices.

ChaiK

Brilliant_Rock
My ID on Loupetroop is ChaiK.

Thank you so much.

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Lovinggems are you buying one???? Haha I'm so excited for you!!!!

I'm all broke now so I'm just twitching for someone to buy something so I can perve!

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
@mellowyellowgirl I want one! What do you think of these? Some like these or steak of green on opaque background, which is cheaper. Although I already have an opaque light lavender.
@ChaiK sent to Loupetroop. Really want to see your next purchase, wonder what else is missing from your beautiful collection.
Photo_1632735691371.jpg

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Lovinggems get any of these!!!! I know you love a tight texture and I remember you returned one with the super watery texture because it wasn't the right color. I think your heart is in this smooth texture so go for it!!!

Maybe more towards green or clear since you have lavender already?

I absolutely adore the 3rd and 4th pic and if that is indeed the color it'll look amazing!!!!!

I'm not overly fond of the second one. I would go more colour like 3/4 or more fully clear. It feels neither here nor there?

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
@mellowyellowgirl the one I returned for reference.
The second one (top right) is the most expensive so I might discount that one. The third one (bottom left) is not as watery but a nice colour, fourth one has 1/3 of a bangle with less nice texture but it's the largest at 54.

Attachments

• Photo_1632739404951.jpg
    Photo_1632739404951.jpg
    95.4 KB · Views: 21

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Lovinggems if the rest are a 53 I think you can do them comfortably too. Heck even my 52 is fine with soap and it's a thick one (16mm band) so it feels even smaller.

How watery do you need? Where are you on a scale of water vs colour?

In those pics I'd say 3/4 are neck and neck!!!

Omg I love this!!!! And even better it's not my money!!!!

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
@mellowyellowgirl I haven't bought anything yet, but I think you've bought 2 or 3 since I start posting this year so you're definitely ahead lol. Ok forgot I bought a pendant! But no bangles.
I love this one the most out of your collection, also love your sister's bangle.
If it's watery I want it to glow, else not much point in foregoing colour.

ChaiK

Brilliant_Rock
@Lovinggems

Thank you so much.

I been setting stuff. No more jadeite for me. I been good.

And deciding whether a subscription to Viki Rakuten is worth it......They have Lovers of the Red Sky going on at the moment........

I might unleash my binge-watching demon if I did subscribe and that would be v. bad as I have a workload as high as Mount Everest.

I like this very much. But alas, alack:bigsmile:, it is not to be. It is 35万 人民币.

1632744511018.png

Consoling myself instead and wearing the red spinel that Wriston did up for me.

1632744897741.png

and taking ugly shots of the opal that I am trying to set.

1632744975771.png

Last edited:

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
@ChaiK I have a subscription to viki they have a lot of Korean dramas, but I don't really watch Korean ones. Might not be a good idea to subscribe if you have a lot of work, you need to sleep haha.
Please do post your new jewelry when you have time.
Yeap I noticed that bangle too, that's something I like as well, but saw the price range in the description.

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Omg I'm on the treadmill right now watching Romance of the Tiger and the Rose on Viki. It is freaking hilarious if you guys want a laugh. Nothing deep but so much fun!

@Lovinggems I tend to go through phases. For better or worse I go on these kicks where I must get everything that I want and I go absolutely mental. It's finally subsided now with the Tiger green and Spring.

I came out of this with everything I wanted (haha and a few things I didn't need) so I'm pretty happy.

A non grey lavender, a very green, a spring and a fatty bangle! Done!

ChaiK

Brilliant_Rock
Omg I'm on the treadmill right now watching Romance of the Tiger and the Rose on Viki. It is freaking hilarious if you guys want a laugh. Nothing deep but so much fun!

@Lovinggems I tend to go through phases. For better or worse I go on these kicks where I must get everything that I want and I go absolutely mental. It's finally subsided now with the Tiger green and Spring.

I came out of this with everything I wanted (haha and a few things I didn't need) so I'm pretty happy.

A non grey lavender, a very green, a spring and a fatty bangle! Done!

Me too. Not on the treadmill but Tiger and Rose. I got sick of waiting for Lovers of the Red Sky.

Except that I keep fast-forwarding so I don't understand half of it.

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Me too. Not on the treadmill but Tiger and Rose. I got sick of waiting for Lovers of the Red Sky.

Except that I keep fast-forwarding so I don't understand half of it.

Haha you'll catch on eventually. I'm watching it for the lead girl. I think she's adorable!

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm scrolling through my WeChat Jade adventures and this made me laugh. This was Spring. I asked for an ugly video and they sent me this lol

My friend was like: Stop saying ugly and ask for a "realistic" video!

Screenshot_20210927-234141.png

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Lovinggems are you into blueish colours?

This one has a rather nice texture

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks @icy_jade !!!! You champ!!!!

Purple color is so pretty (no dreaded grey in sight)!!!!! Proper lavender!!!

Whoa!!! That green must be tiny cuz for purple isn't a large size by any means!!!

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
Thanks @icy_jade !!!! You champ!!!!

Purple color is so pretty (no dreaded grey in sight)!!!!! Proper lavender!!!

Whoa!!! That green must be tiny cuz for purple isn't a large size by any means!!!

Ya now u understand why the bangles in his store never held any interest for me. Too small and not the type I like.

But but… I got these! A family of 4 goldfishes!

So cute right?

E521B57F-0A30-4326-A8C5-855CDB89E19F.jpeg 66F84C34-ECC0-421D-B76E-53D0A8649493.jpeg

Last edited:

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
@mellowyellowgirl I found a bangle I liked but it's 6.5mm princess, the seller thinks I should downgrade looks and go for a more normal sized bangle, maybe she thinks it's not good value. Other than thin it has all the qualities I want. I cannot get a similar one in a normal size unless I pay at least 3 times the price. WechatIMG63.jpeg WechatIMG64.jpeg
Here're photos of me and my 6.5mm computer wire, my bangle is 12.2mm wide.
What do you think?

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Lovinggems

Arrghhhh omg that's hard.........

Can you afford to pay 3x the price? If you can, I would pay it for the sake of thickness and hardiness of the bangle.

If you definitely can't and will never want to pay 3x the price, go for it! Get it! You will need to be super careful with it though!!! Because at 6.5 it has no other thickness to compensate if it takes a knock from something!

What you don't want to do is to buy it and then realise you could/would have spent more money.

It's a really tough one!

You know my bright green? It's a 56mm size. I really didn't want a 56mm but it fits and after thinking it through I didn't want to wait around for a smaller size.

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
@Lovinggems

Arrghhhh omg that's hard.........

Can you afford to pay 3x the price? If you can, I would pay it for the sake of thickness and hardiness of the bangle.

If you definitely can't and will never want to pay 3x the price, go for it! Get it! You will need to be super careful with it though!!! Because at 6.5 it has no other thickness to compensate if it takes a knock from something!

What you don't want to do is to buy it and then realise you could/would have spent more money.

It's a really tough one!

You know my bright green? It's a 56mm size. I really didn't want a 56mm but it fits and after thinking it through I didn't want to wait around for a smaller size.
Thanks @mellowyellowgirl, only if I win lottery I'll spend 3 times the amount. The max is 25% more than the current bangle I'm eyeing. What do you think of this one? I thought this one has colour so not as boring. Photo_1634525943157.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results