shape
carat
color
clarity

Specific Gravity of Grade B Jadeite

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
Thank you so much Icy. I loved this drama! The best I have watched in a long time. I was addicted to it till the end. Sad it doesn’t have a another season.

There is a second series on Netflix about their daughter? Not as good as the original tho

I just finished You are my glory (so much eye candy!!!) and now looking for next series to watch

voce

Ideal_Rock
There is a second series on Netflix about their daughter? Not as good as the original tho

I just finished You are my glory (so much eye candy!!!) and now looking for next series to watch

How many episodes total on that one? I just have so much to do these days and not sure I have time to start another drama (I am a binger with not enough regard for sleep).

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
How many episodes total on that one? I just have so much to do these days and not sure I have time to start another drama (I am a binger with not enough regard for sleep).

32 but each is only 30 min.

voce

Ideal_Rock

Silvermom

Shiny_Rock

What is the name of the series about the daughter?

peacechick

Brilliant_Rock
You can find if you type Yanxi in Netflix

The original was amazing and lavish (all the embroidery!) but the sequel was really weird, I thought. No real plot and a mish mash of genres (mystery? horror?) that didn’t work.

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
The original was amazing and lavish (all the embroidery!) but the sequel was really weird, I thought. No real plot and a mish mash of genres (mystery? horror?) that didn’t work.

Agree. But just wanted to see how they were a few years later and Yingluo and the emperor had brief appearances.

I heard that quite a bit of the original plots were removed. Would be nice if they did an extended cut version of Yanxi.

prs

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
DW's search for a lavender jadeite bangle continues. =)2

Do any of you know if this cert could possibly be legitimate?

Lav Jadeite Bangle Cert.jpg

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Ooh nice colour!!!

Is there anyway you can send it to a lab in Hong Kong?

shelovesinclusions

Shiny_Rock

Those types of certificates can be hit or miss. And, even if the certificate and lab are legit, you have no guarantee the bangle actually matches the certificate it's sent with until it's in hand and you weigh the piece (unless you really trust the seller).

If the cost warrants it, Mason Kay emails results on jadeite grade testing (without a report) for $70. But returns can sometimes be a pita if it turns out to not be A grade- what is the seller's policy?

prs

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
The seller is originally from China and claims the cert is legit. He could have sent it to GIA if he wanted.

Those types of certificates can be hit or miss. And, even if the certificate and lab are legit, you have no guarantee the bangle actually matches the certificate it's sent with until it's in hand and you weigh the piece (unless you really trust the seller).

I am fully aware of the problems associated with these types of certs, but it would be great to know if this particular lab could possibly be legit before we take the five hour round trip drive to go check out the bangle in person. Here's another photo from the seller.

Lav Jadeite Bangle.jpg

Last edited:

shelovesinclusions

Shiny_Rock
The seller is originally from China and claims the cert is legit. He could have sent it to GIA if he wanted.

I am fully aware of the problems associated with these types of certs, but it would be great to know if this particular lab could possibly be legit before we take the five hour round trip drive to go check out the bangle in person. Here's another photo from the seller.
Gotcha. Yeah, I'm sorry I don't have any experience with this one. They do have the CMA mark, so it's legal and legitimate in that regard- but that unfortunately doesn't speak to how reputable or detailed it is. I read an article a while ago about the differences in Chinese labs from national to regional to university to market, and it said by the time you're looking at "market level" labs they're could be doing a review and issue the certificate. The expectation is that the further from the state level lab, the higher the chance of it not being of good authority are. It may be technically legit, but a far cry from following the procedures you'd expect from a good lab. It bothers me that there isn't a written description of color, refractive index, and density on it, which I thought the Chinese lab reports usually had.

Screenshot_20210914-140655~2.png

Am I crazy or are there some very faint green spots in the lab image? If you could get a picture to align the green spots, you could assess the similarities between the certificate and the sale pictures. I apologize for bringing this up again, but two times I felt "ripped off" with jade were when the cert and bangle were not the same piece (once with a U.S. Etsy shop and once through Carousell)- so I'm a stickler for comparing those images now. On a positive note, the image from the online query looks like the first picture you posted, and it sounds like you'll get a road trip out of it if you decide to go ahead. Good luck! It's a really pretty lavender.

Reactions: prs

ChaiK

Brilliant_Rock
Ok......

9788 is the access code.

The experiment number ends in 2081

Very lucky numbers on the cert.......it's very weird.:bigsmile:

Ask vendor to send to GIA then. If he could, why did he not?

prs

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I was hoping someone might recognize the lab. It is weird that he didn't send it to GIA in the first place. He's trying to sell in the USA with a cert nobody here knows anything about.

For sure I will tell the owner if he wants to make a sale he has to send it to GIA. He has said full refund if it doesn't check out Type "A" but who wants to go thru that baloney?

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
Cert looks super dodgy to me

voce

Ideal_Rock

I echo the sentiment the certificate is not worth very much. I checked the website, and it looks dodgy. There are sections of the website that are blank, and under the news section the last update was 2019. I don't know of any reliable Chinese labs because almost all certificates from Chinese labs seem to be from websites like this, or else the legit ones only allow you to access report results for 15 days from the date they tested it, and by the time you receive it from the vendor the report can no longer be checked online.

If she's on the hunt for a good lavender, Li Hong Jade has quite a few good ones. They seem to be reputable, and it may be more worthwhile to get a Nanyang or GIA certificate than to sort through mainland China certificates, which are definitely not friendly to overseas buyers.

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love it!!!!!! Loooooooove

I think it's gorgeous and thick and a delightful color with no grey.

But you have to like it though otherwise it doesn't matter anything I say.

Silvermom

Shiny_Rock
It has finally arrived, the budget friendly lavender bangle. I really like the light purple but I don't like the crystallized texture..hmmm what do you think

20210916_163012.jpg 20210916_163518.jpg 20210916_163411.jpg

Very pretty.

peacechick

Brilliant_Rock
I think it’s really pretty! Some variation from these vendor photos has to be expected, they made the grain finer than it actually is but I think the colour and lustre are lovely.

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
@joycece I like the colour but I also don't like the crushed ice look either.

joycece

Rough_Rock
I love it!!!!!! Loooooooove

I think it's gorgeous and thick and a delightful color with no grey.

But you have to like it though otherwise it doesn't matter anything I say.

I will wear it a few days to see if I can live with the imperfections...I'm 90% sure I will keep it but I'll be attempted to level up and buy another one soon haha

joycece

Rough_Rock
I think it’s really pretty! Some variation from these vendor photos has to be expected, they made the grain finer than it actually is but I think the colour and lustre are lovely.

Very true! I am gonna stop purchasing from live and online vendors for a while, tired from the guessing game and return is always too much trouble for me. Hopefully we can travel soon and I can fly back to Asia to shop jadenite in person

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@joycece did it look smoother on LS?

Everything looks very smooth on LS to me. I don't find the colour enhanced but the texture always looks very watery even with the super cheapies.

peacechick

Brilliant_Rock
Very true! I am gonna stop purchasing from live and online vendors for a while, tired from the guessing game and return is always too much trouble for me. Hopefully we can travel soon and I can fly back to Asia to shop jadenite in person

Maybe just see it as a placeholder until you can save up for a upgraded lavender bangle (for fine “old pit” grain and a more watery texture I think it will cost over 4k at minimum). I’m sure you will be able to sell this bangle easily when the time comes as it has a pleasing colour.

joycece

Rough_Rock
@joycece I like the colour but I also don't like the crushed ice look either.

@joycece did it look smoother on LS?

Everything looks very smooth on LS to me. I don't find the colour enhanced but the texture always looks very watery even with the super cheapies.

Yes it does look little bit smoother on LS although I kinda expected it to be worse because there's a tiny spot that would catch nails

The ring lights they use make everythings look better!

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here is another lavender for sale if you want to see how you fared price wise!

joycece

Rough_Rock
Here is another lavender for sale if you want to see how you fared price wise!

This make me feel a lotttttt better thank you for the link!! :)))

Mine also has a splash of red jadeite and very very light green tone on one side. Thickness is 11+mm feels a bit heavy on hand but I like it chubby 8)
20210917_105756.jpg 20210917_105642.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results