shape
carat
color
clarity

Specific Gravity of Grade B Jadeite

prs

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
DW and I have had an unrequited green jadeite urge for almost three years now, ever since we started reading this thread. @ChaiK it's all your fault. ;)2 It has been so difficult to score PS worthy jade in the US market. 95% of the material is not certed and almost certainly treated, whilst the remaining 5% Type A is usually poor quality and way over priced.

However on a trip to the Coast this weekend we may have gotten lucky. My hours of absorbing all the jade wisdom here on PS might have finally paid off. :)We usually take a few moments to check out the local jewelers on our holiday trips, but hardly ever find anything. This time we found a family jeweler who actually had a small display of jadeite items. As we got talking it turned out he and his wife were both jadeite fans and very knowledgeable. After we spent some time looking at, and discussing the items on display he told us he had just got in a piece of Imperial jadeite from a lapidary friend of his. It had come out of an estate a couple of years ago and had a Type A GIA cert. He was in the process of designing a setting for it, but if we were interested would be willing to sell it loose. It turned out we were very interested.

It may not be quite up to the standard of some of the fabulous jadeite cabochons you guys have, but by American standards it seems pretty good. It's only 3.12ct and doesn't have a high dome, but it has a gorgeous green glow, and at 11.8x8.7x3.5 it has a terrific spread. =)2

3.12ct Green Jadeite Cabochon 1.jpg

3.12ct Green Jadeite Cabochon 5.jpg

Here it is already starting to make friends in its new family. :mrgreen2:

3.12ct Green Jadeite Cabochon 7.jpg

The stone will soon go to DKJ to be set into a ring, and DW would very much appreciate setting ideas from our jadeite experts. :wavey:

Last edited:

Sydneyphoenix

Shiny_Rock
DW and I have had an unrequited green jadeite urge for almost three years now, ever since we started reading this thread. @ChaiK it's all your fault. ;)2 It has been so difficult to score PS worthy jade in the US market. 95% of the material is not certed and almost certainly treated, whilst the remaining 5% Type A is usually poor quality and way over priced.

However on a trip to the Coast this weekend we may have gotten lucky. My hours of absorbing all the jade wisdom here on PS might have finally paid off. :)We usually take a few moments to check out the local jewelers on our holiday trips, but hardly ever find anything. This time we found a family jeweler who actually had a small display of jadeite items. As we got talking it turned out he and his wife were both jadeite fans and very knowledgeable. After we spent some time looking at, and discussing the items on display he told us he had just got in a piece of Imperial jadeite from a lapidary friend of his. It had come out of an estate a couple of years ago and had a Type A GIA cert. He was in the process of designing a setting for it, but if we were interested would be willing to sell it loose. It turned out we were very interested.

It may not be quite up to the standard of some of the fabulous jadeite cabochons you guys have, but by American standards it seems pretty good. It's only 3.12ct and doesn't have a high dome, but it has a gorgeous green glow, and at 11.8x8.7x3.5 it has a terrific spread. =)2

The stone will soon go to DKJ to be set into a ring, and DW would very much appreciate setting ideas from our jadeite experts. :wavey:

Would love to find out how setting goes, I have 2.59ct with colour similar to this, and eyeing another stone of better quality!

7AD5E164-6A7D-446F-B89A-36215A318ECC.jpeg BEA65F3B-04F6-439F-B7F5-D9C62CD358DF.jpeg BC81FF06-011B-420D-9D78-BA6F560CD9DD.jpeg

Silvermom

Shiny_Rock

Ooooo this is lovely. I have a cabochon that looks like this but I set it as a pendant. I imagine if I had this one I would set it with a halo of diamonds around it.

Reactions: prs

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
A halo goes with everything @prs

@voce re pendant: There looks like enough space for you to put a bail on there. The challenge would be what necklace can carry the weight of that piece!

Silvermom

Shiny_Rock

For reference here is how I set my lavender cabochon with a halo of diamonds.

fullsizeoutput_2d99.jpeg

Silvermom

Shiny_Rock
@prs, lovely cab! I am so busy with work and was passing by when I saw your post.

Some eye candy:

1624012832992.png

ChaiK! Your bangles are so beautiful! What a pair you have there.

Last edited:

ChaiK

Brilliant_Rock
ChaiK! Your bangles are so beautiful! What a pair you have there.

Yes. :D. Thank you. And @mellowyellowgirl is so bad she has made me want to buy more bangles.

@prs, I would blame all this on her:lol:. It truly wasn't me.

@Silvermom , I have been watching Blooms at Ruyi Pavillion. I think the chemistry between Ju Jingyi and Zhang Zhe Han is fantastic.

There is also another short movie to watch: 宫锁沉香 with 周冬雨 and 陈晓 as the leads. Beautiful movie apart from one blip in the middle which did not seem to fit in with the story, the part where the lead actress goes to a physician and he does something odd with a load of puppets.

Last edited:

Silvermom

Shiny_Rock
Yes. :D. Thank you. And @mellowyellowgirl is so bad she has made me want to buy more bangles.

@Silvermom , I have been watching Blooms at Ruyi Pavillion. I think the chemistry between Ju Jingyi and Zhang Zhe Han is fantastic.

There is also another short movie to watch: 宫锁沉香 with 周冬雨 and 陈晓 as the leads. Beautiful movie apart from one blip in the middle which did not seem to fit in with the story, the part where the lead actress goes to a physician and he does something odd with a load of puppets.

ChaiK, I have to say they are definitely EYE CANDY!!!!! LOL....I know what you mean about Mellow. When I read her posts I really want to get more, more, more. Although I have to say, it is a good thing you listened to Mellow because she gave you good advice. Your lavender and green bangles look very similar to mine until I had an accident with the lavender and had to do a repair job. LOVE LOOKING AT YOUR PAIR.
Do you ever wear them on the same hand together?

I am right now watching The Emperors Coroner. I love the main lead girl. She is ADORBS. Will watch Blooms when I am done with the Coroner movie. Thanks so much for the suggestion.

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
I am right now watching The Emperors Coroner. I love the main lead girl. She is ADORBS. Will watch Blooms when I am done with the Coroner movie. Thanks so much for the suggestion.

I finished the Imperial Coroner and just started Guardian. Anyone watched that? I think I’ll do a historical drama after Guardian but haven’t decided which one. Or maybe a Korean show…

Silvermom

Shiny_Rock
Did you lik
I finished the Imperial Coroner and just started Guardian. Anyone watched that? I think I’ll do a historical drama after Guardian but haven’t decided which one. Or maybe a Korean show…

Did you like the ending of Coroner icy? Hoping for a good ending.

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
It's quite good considering the low budget CGI etc. The two main leads are rather charismatic.

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
Did you lik

Did you like the ending of Coroner icy? Hoping for a good ending.

HE (happy ending) but I felt they squeezed a bit too much into the last episode so there wasn’t much on the “ever after” part which I prefer... like making a 5-10 min segment of their lives afterwards as a detective couple would have been great fan service. Also, didn’t quite get why they revealed who the mastermind was without much suspense… but overall still very good show considering the budget, etc.

The Guardian (Chinese: 镇魂; pinyin: Zhèn Hún) opening theme song is SO GOOD. And in English! I’m hooked…

voce

Ideal_Rock
I started watching the Legend of Fei. I'm glad it's a happy ending for the main characters, and while there's not that much jewelry, it's a feast for my eyes with the fight choreography and colors.

Silvermom

Shiny_Rock
All you Jadies are so great to know cos not only do I get Jade tips but also great movie suggestions. Thanks for sharing this with me..

Silvermom

Shiny_Rock
So, I'm really interested in this carved pendant. But how would you even wear it? I don't see a bail, would they have to drill a hole somewhere?
il_794xN.2015769588_b651.jpg
il_794xN.2063359889_abdp.jpg

If you don't want to drill a hole in this you could ask the jeweler to make a frame around it with the bail attached. This is such a pretty piece.

Silvermom

Shiny_Rock
Chaik's beauties inspired me to take a look at my two bangles. Her green bangle could be my green bangles twin. My lavender bangle used to look like hers until the big accident. I still cringe when I think about it.
fullsizeoutput_3145.jpeg

Silvermom

Shiny_Rock

Just finished Blooms of Ruyi Pavillion. IT WAS SO GOOD! So I did a marathon and did it in a few days. I so enjoyed this drama. Thank you for the suggestion.

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock

I found this post, the last 3 photos are the buyer's own, the first few are the seller's.
So that's why I see a lot of dark hands, they can adjust the definition category and it makes the bangle's structure looks better than in real life, and it makes the hands look darker.

I'm watching Goodbye My Princess, it's one of the better Chinese TV series drama, I'm prepared for the tragic ending.

ChaiK

Brilliant_Rock

I found this post, the last 3 photos are the buyer's own, the first few are the seller's.
So that's why I see a lot of dark hands, they can adjust the definition category and it makes the bangle's structure looks better than in real life, and it makes the hands look darker.

I'm watching Goodbye My Princess, it's one of the better Chinese TV series drama, I'm prepared for the tragic ending.

Yes. This is why I avoid the water hype. Did you read the post?

It cost the buyer 6 figure rmb!

Vendor's photo:

1625040343598.png 1625040362838.png

Buyer's pics:

1625040386913.png

The Chinese wechat vendors that I like to buy from would pull tricks like that. And when you ask too many questions, they don't reply and up their prices, as if Jadeite was in great demand. I always step away if they don't reply.

And these wechat guys would demand no returns. Number 8, one of the WeChat sellers, went as far as to tell me no videos and no returns. No videos because the vendor's goods are in high demand. No returns because in Hong Kong, they are too busy to process returns. No further pictures, no buy. They like to give out blurred pictures / videos or touch them up.

I am a good buyer. The last time I bought a load of beads from her, I tipped her too. But these guys have no qualms about selling you tat for extortionate prices. You do need to beware of the tricks they love to pull.

The last two, the purple and the green, I bought from the instalady. Better prices (well, the wechat seller wants 120 000 rmb for a purple like the one I just got from instalady and I paid less than half that sum) and lots of pictures. Very candid replies. Although I would still be wary.

I think @joycece posted about this type once. She did say vendor pictures were fabulous and then the texture in real light does not quite match the price quoted. I mean, 6 figure rmb price for a lousy white grey!

Last edited:

ChaiK

Brilliant_Rock
You recommended her previously.

YC

Brilliant_Rock

@ChaiK , how do her products compare with her photos and videos, in terms of colour and "water"? I have been eyeing her products but have not bought anything yet.

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock

Oh her! Yeah but her bangles are always so small sigh

ChaiK

Brilliant_Rock
@YC , I have put her pictures and my pictures so you can compare.

Her picture of the one I just bought from her:

1625059505338.png

My picture below:

1625059567729.png

The purple oval her picture:

1625059642998.png

The purple, my picture below:

1625059919515.png

I asked her about a blue transparent one and she gave me a more realistic picture and a video (she sent 5 pictures and a video in total, no attitude involved):

I did ask if it was grey but she asked me to look at the picture and decide. I did not buy this one. It was not expensive. I just decided I prefer colour after all.

For the green and purple above, she had a lot to tell me about these bangles. She could confirm the purple is very purple and it is, and the green has no grey bits and it does not. For this one below, she had not much to say apart from look at the video and the picture.

1625060182824.png

1625060252531.png

Last edited:

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
Yes. This is why I avoid the water hype. Did you read the post?

It cost the buyer 6 figure rmb!

Vendor's photo:

1625040343598.png 1625040362838.png

Buyer's pics:

1625040386913.png

The Chinese wechat vendors that I like to buy from would pull tricks like that. And when you ask too many questions, they don't reply and up their prices, as if Jadeite was in great demand. I always step away if they don't reply.

And these wechat guys would demand no returns. Number 8, one of the WeChat sellers, went as far as to tell me no videos and no returns. No videos because the vendor's goods are in high demand. No returns because in Hong Kong, they are too busy to process returns. No further pictures, no buy. They like to give out blurred pictures / videos or touch them up.

I am a good buyer. The last time I bought a load of beads from her, I tipped her too. But these guys have no qualms about selling you tat for extortionate prices. You do need to beware of the tricks they love to pull.

The last two, the purple and the green, I bought from the instalady. Better prices (well, the wechat seller wants 120 000 rmb for a purple like the one I just got from instalady and I paid less than half that sum) and lots of pictures. Very candid replies. Although I would still be wary.

I think @joycece posted about this type once. She did say vendor pictures were fabulous and then the texture in real light does not quite match the price quoted. I mean, 6 figure rmb price for a lousy white grey!

I had a look at the photos again and wow the texture is so different from the vendor's photos, only one part has decent texture, definitely not worth nearly 200k rmb. One good thing though these ladies can return within the review period (24 to 48 hrs usually) because they live within the country so the loss is not too bad, maybe insurance and postage. I've read always use a third party platform to pay for extra protection.

For the HK sellers I think most of them are resellers so who knows how many times these bangles have exchanged hands, or they just repost photos and haven't even seen the actual bangle.

I think because of the long postage time selling to overseas buyers mean most won't accept returns.

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh her! Yeah but her bangles are always so small sigh

I'm fascinated by the fact that she can fit into ANY size!!! I think it's her hand in the pictures and she has a hand shot for all of them.

She's like a bangle wearing champ.

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
I'm fascinated by the fact that she can fit into ANY size!!! I think it's her hand in the pictures and she has a hand shot for all of them.

She's like a bangle wearing champ.

She makes a 54 look big. Like BIG. Cannot imagine how petite she must be. Ok I can as I know people like that in real life. So jelly.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results