shape
carat
color
clarity

Specific Gravity of Grade B Jadeite

ChaiK

Brilliant_Rock
Lovely! Must pop by to see next time I’m in the area

I don't know though, if they are good. Never bought from them. I avoid retail, like I said.

Maddiewin

Shiny_Rock
Update to all my sisters/brothers that have helped me on my quest for jade.

My journey started in 2019. The recommended buyer I got my flower jade from is sweet. I knew there will be lag time, all the sisters that had purchased have mentioned this. In the end, the flower jade purchased in January was sent elsewhere to be set in June. Once it got there, it is no longer his responsibility. It arrived safely. Due to one reason or another, the item will hopefully be here in November. I will post pics as soon as it arrives.

I am not discouraged from buying live, I just found another way that worked for me. Here is my latest purchase and design with help from @the_threcia_trove (IG). 5DC5BFA1-8449-4466-8FF5-2269AE92A456.jpeg 5F684E61-3AF2-4E52-8EC7-B74EA7794C37.jpeg

prs

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Reviving this thread because I'm hoping for some advice from our jadeite experts. @ChaiK @mellowyellowgirl @Burmesedaze

Despite reading this entire thread at least twice, and looking at hundreds of stones on-line, I'm still a complete novice. Jade is so hard to master, I'm not sure I'll ever get there!

Anyway we just came across these lavender jadeite beads at a store where they know absolutely nothing about jade. They look pretty good to me, lots more color, and far more translucent than DW's existing lavender jadeite necklace. If Type A the price would be a bargain. Almost too good to be true!

I would be very grateful if you could comment if you think there's any chance they might be Type A.

Lavender Jade Necklace 1.jpg Lavender Jade Necklace 3.jpg Lavender Jade Necklace 4.jpg

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Reviving this thread because I'm hoping for some advice from our jadeite experts. @ChaiK @mellowyellowgirl @Burmesedaze

Despite reading this entire thread at least twice, and looking at hundreds of stones on-line, I'm still a complete novice. Jade is so hard to master, I'm not sure I'll ever get there!

Anyway we just came across these lavender jadeite beads at a store where they know absolutely nothing about jade. They look pretty good to me, lots more color, and far more translucent than DW's existing lavender jadeite necklace. If Type A the price would be a bargain. Almost too good to be true!

I would be very grateful if you could comment if you think there's any chance they might be Type A.

Lavender Jade Necklace 1.jpg Lavender Jade Necklace 3.jpg Lavender Jade Necklace 4.jpg

Sorry but too clean, too even, too intense to be Type A.

If the material were like that and A, beads would not be the top consideration to produce and sell.

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Unfortunately I think it's fake @prs

I've seen some amazing green beads (probably worth millions) but even at a glance these don't really even look like Jade.

Are they stone like in real life?

Reactions: prs

ChaiK

Brilliant_Rock
Shine a LED light on them. If they fluoresce a strange blue, then they are not real.

Having said that, the fakes are very good these days and a new type of polymer means they won't glow.

I have seen lavender beads in this colour and ice quality but they are worth millions. Not just an internet picture; I have seen them at an auction house and they are amazing. I would hesitate to pay for it without the cert.

In your picture, I cannot see inclusions or crystal formation clearly

Even with inclusions, the fakes are so good, they are now made to feature inclusions such that it is hard to tell. And clouds/cotton in real jadeite looks like the corrosion of polymer in fake jadeite, hence it is again difficult to differentiate unless you have the certificate.

Maybe ask the owner to send it off to GIA and you can pay for it to be sent off? They may lie that they have sent it off just to make a few quick hundred dollars and you will find yourself chasing them for a cert that is never going to happen, which is even more frustrating. If it is a physical shop, you could pay by Visa for the cert and then dispute it if they don't revert.

Last edited:

prs

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Sorry but too clean, too even, too intense to be Type A.

If the material were like that and A, beads would not be the top consideration to produce and sell.

Unfortunately I think it's fake @prs

I've seen some amazing green beads (probably worth millions) but even at a glance these don't really even look like Jade.

Are they stone like in real life?

Shine a LED light on them. If they fluoresce a strange blue, then they are not real.

Having said that, the fakes are very good these days and a new type of polymer means they won't glow.

I have seen lavender beads in this colour and ice quality but they are worth millions. Not just an internet picture; I have seen them at an auction house and they are amazing. I would hesitate to pay for it without the cert.

In your picture, I cannot see inclusions or crystal formation clearly

Even with inclusions, the fakes are so good, they are now made to feature inclusions such that it is hard to tell. And clouds/cotton in real jadeite looks like the corrosion of polymer in fake jadeite, hence it is again difficult to differentiate unless you have the certificate.

Maybe ask the owner to send it off to GIA and you can pay for it to be sent off? They may lie that they have sent it off just to make a few quick hundred dollars and you will find yourself chasing them for a cert that is never going to happen, which is even more frustrating. If it is a physical shop, you could pay by Visa for the cert and then dispute it if they don't revert.

@Burmesedaze @mellowyellowgirl @ChaiK Thank you so much for your replies!

Your wise words made me overcome my wishful thinking and do a more thorough research job. Unfortunately it turns out we are not on the cusp of buying a million dollar jadeite necklace for pennies. :cry2: :lol-2:

I am 99% certain the beads are chalcedony, you can buy almost identical strands on Etsy for about $100. :eek2:

ChaiK

Brilliant_Rock
Ooooh, if it is undyed chalcedony, they are lovely! :kiss2::kiss2::kiss2::kiss2::kiss2::kiss2:

prs

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Ooooh, if it is undyed chalcedony, they are lovely! :kiss2::kiss2::kiss2::kiss2::kiss2::kiss2:

Dyed for sure, if they weren't dyed every girl would want one! :lol-2:

We were able to acquire some lavender jadeite at auction just before the lockdown. Not very high quality, but typical of what's available in the US market. FWIW hinged bangles are a whole lot less expensive than complete rounds. Maybe a good alternative for those not looking to spend $5K on a bangle.

At least this purchase scratched the jade itch until things get back to normal.

Lavender Jadeite Set 1.jpg

Lavender Jadeite Ring 8.01ct 3.jpg

This is the not quite so good side of the bangle. =)2

Lavender Jadeite Bangle 55.5mm 2 (2).jpg

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you so much for sharing @prs !!!!

I'm officially in a buying ban now so relish in looking at other's purchases!!!

Have you acquired any other Jade over the years? Please show us if you have!!!!!

Jade is a terrible habit. Once you start, it's very difficult to stop.

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Dyed for sure, if they weren't dyed every girl would want one! :lol-2:

We were able to acquire some lavender jadeite at auction just before the lockdown. Not very high quality, but typical of what's available in the US market. FWIW hinged bangles are a whole lot less expensive than complete rounds. Maybe a good alternative for those not looking to spend $5K on a bangle.

At least this purchase scratched the jade itch until things get back to normal.

Lavender Jadeite Set 1.jpg

Lavender Jadeite Ring 8.01ct 3.jpg

This is the not quite so good side of the bangle. =)2

Lavender Jadeite Bangle 55.5mm 2 (2).jpg

Hinged bangles usually hide flaws or cracks/fractures. Just so you know.

Resale value will be lower than whole bangles, all things being equal.

ChaiK

Brilliant_Rock
Lovely light purple. I love jadeite and enjoy them as they are.

Don't worry about value or hinged. It is what you enjoy that matters most. Value is of course a bonus, but jewellery holds so much sentimental value that when I look at a piece of mine, it is attached to those memories and moments, and hence I treasure my pieces.

For example, when I actively bought on Live FB jade shows, I can remember how I bought each piece and the hilarious moments I had shared with people I bought them with, and it makes me smile at how new I was to the whole thing, and how much I have learned about jadeite and the people I have met along the way.

Last edited:

prs

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Thank you so much for sharing @prs !!!!

I'm officially in a buying ban now so relish in looking at other's purchases!!!

Have you acquired any other Jade over the years? Please show us if you have!!!!!

Jade is a terrible habit. Once you start, it's very difficult to stop.

OK mellow, but we don't have anything with the depth of color of your gorgeous pieces.

I think I've previously posted photos of DW's 14mm lavender jadeite necklace.

Lavender Jade Necklace 7.jpg

She also has a 13mm black nephrite jadeite and yellow gold necklace, originally sold by Gump's Department store in San Francisco. You won't find much water in these beads, but they do glow very nicely! =)2

Black Jade Bead Necklace 2.jpg

Black Jade Bead Necklace 4.jpg

DW also has a green jadeite bead necklace and bracelet, but declined to let me take photos today as she wasn't wearing an appropriate outfit. Her outfit looked fine to me, but what do I know. :lol-2: Photos coming soon, hopefully!

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love love love the lavender necklaces @prs @ChaiK

Omg I have serious necklace envy. I only have a "squint and imagine it's slightly lavender necklace" that I bought in Singapore but it's super comfortable to wear.

I'll take a pic of it when I next wear it. I loved it at first and thought it was sort of lavenderish enough but then I bought all this lavender stuff that made it very obvious it was barely lavender!!! Nevertheless I would rather have it than not!

prs

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I love your black nephrite with gold beads. It does produce an amazing green glow effect when you wear it in some light!

Whilst we wait for your green beads, some of mine......

166817285_354444302551778_3264435119545452968_n.jpg

Wow, now that's some real colour!!! :kiss2::kiss2::kiss2::kiss2::kiss2::kiss2:

ChaiK

Brilliant_Rock
Wow, now that's some real colour!!! :kiss2::kiss2::kiss2::kiss2::kiss2::kiss2:

Ohhh, I am waiting for my green beads too. I just bought a load from YY. Lovely prices, full of green colour. She is getting them certified and when they come, I will show you here.

I think to a certain extent, what she can provide in terms of pictures and videos is down to the vendors she deals with. I found that this second time around was a much better experience.

Perhaps because I understand what I want now....plus I have been binge-watching Chinese dramas, the latest one being The Rise of the Phoenixes. Jadeite is terrible. Very very addictive. I ended up with so many very green beads:bigsmile:.

I want to make like that:
164902740_132562608798846_4009686940719580790_n.png

AJadecent Angle

Rough_Rock
So cute! I once saw a set of bunnies, all colours of jadeite. Let me dig it up.

1617100864947.png

Funny enough I've seen something similar to that as well, but it's all the Chinese zodiac animals :lol:
Probably costed alot as well since it was in Manhattan Chinatown.

prs

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I want to make like that:
164902740_132562608798846_4009686940719580790_n.png

@ChaiK when your greens come in we want to see a photo of you exactly like that! :)

In the meantime here are DW's greens. I'm sure the colour is poor compared to the greens you will get from YY, but DW loves them, and that's what counts! First her graduated 8-11mm necklace

Green Jadeite Necklace 3.jpg

Green Jadeite Necklace 5.jpg

Green Jadeite Necklace 7.jpg

Lastly her 10mm stretch bracelet complete with a little carved Buddha. Just amazing how the beads take on more water as the light changes! :)

Green Jadeite Stretch Bracelet 4.jpg

Green Jadeite Stretch Bracelet 5.jpg

Green Jadeite Stretch Bracelet 6.jpg

femmemannequin

Rough_Rock

My journey started in 2019. The recommended buyer I got my flower jade from is sweet. I knew there will be lag time, all the sisters that had purchased have mentioned this. In the end, the flower jade purchased in January was sent elsewhere to be set in June. Once it got there, it is no longer his responsibility. It arrived safely. Due to one reason or another, the item will hopefully be here in November. I will post pics as soon as it arrives.

I am not discouraged from buying live, I just found another way that worked for me. Here is my latest purchase and design with help from @the_threcia_trove (IG). 5DC5BFA1-8449-4466-8FF5-2269AE92A456.jpeg 5F684E61-3AF2-4E52-8EC7-B74EA7794C37.jpeg

adorable, i love it! quite icy!

jadeitecat

Rough_Rock

@Maddiewin how long did this customization take?

voce

Ideal_Rock
I came across this Etsy shop in my search for jade there and I wonder if there prices are good or if they're on the expensive side. Some of the pieces are definitely drool-worthy to me...but...I definitely do not trust myself to know jade enough to buy good jade. Would appreciate feedback from others.

voce

Ideal_Rock
What are you looking for in particular @voce ?

Well, their bangles are probably too small for me and I don't wear earrings, so I was considering this pendant and stove of their icy leaf carving pendants. There's so many, however, that I get anxiety trying to pick one.

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well, their bangles are probably too small for me and I don't wear earrings, so I was considering this pendant and stove of their icy leaf carving pendants. There's so many, however, that I get anxiety trying to pick one.

I've never bought from this person but I feel like you can get better color for the price.

Try look at this lady as well. Prices are in hkd.

Or Yokdee who I've bought from.

voce

Ideal_Rock

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
@ChaiK @icy_jade @Burmesedaze @mellowyellowgirl is icy black jadeite really a thing? Here it's called "crow type" jadeite, and I'm really attracted to it for some reason. My go-to neutrals in clothing agree gray and black.

Yes of course.

“Because consumers traditionally associate jadeite with the color green, it surprises some people to learn that it comes in other colors as well—lavender, red, orange, yellow, brown, white, black, and gray.”

04AEE306-26D9-4707-92DA-BA2E94AA587A.jpeg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results