shape
carat
color
clarity

Specific Gravity of Grade B Jadeite

Maddiewin

Shiny_Rock
@Maddiewin my weakness is weird shapes. I love fruits and flowers and cute shapes in general.

Maybe try out one or two pieces first, get used to the vendor and then see how you go and what you like.

@mellowyellowgirl Me too. I want to find a moon, stars, fishes, rabbits, animals.
How would I pay him? Does he accept PayPal, do I need to set up a certain account since I am based in U.S?

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@mellowyellowgirl Me too. I want to find a moon, stars, fishes, rabbits, animals.
How would I pay him? Does he accept PayPal, do I need to set up a certain account since I am based in U.S?

Ohhh need to brief you on this. You can ask him if he knows about PayPal but I'm not sure if he does. I've always transferred money to him directly. No recourse at all. Sounds as shady as heck but that's the risk with buying like this. He's always delivered everything as promised so absolutely nothing to complain about there on my part.

Also be mindful that you'll never be able to post anything back into China again (customs steals stuff there) so keep that in mind in regards to refunds or exchanges. I wanted to send him other stones (my own ones) to set for me but after much research I was told they'll never make it to him in China so I dropped the plan.

Can you do a direct transfer?

Correct me if I'm wrong but I've been told that your banking system in the US is not up to date and you can't just transfer money on your phone like we do? Is that true?

Anyways if you have trouble transferring online, just use transferwise (go to their website, it'll be self explanatory).

The schedule is like this:

You see an item that you like. You make an offer on it and haggle. If you agree on the price they'll write your name down and pop the item in a bag for you

Next day the vendor will send you a photo of the item. I always ask for natural light photos and ask him if there are cracks, cotton etc

If I find the item acceptable (see my apples they have cotton but I love them so this part is personal) I then pay him for the Jade

I then do up a picture file with the Jade item and instructions in Chinese on how I want it set

I send it to him, get a rough quote and if I'm happy with the quote I tell him to go ahead

After a few weeks he'll send me a CAD. I'm really easy going (vendor is more meticulous than me lol) so I'll approve the CAD and he'll get it made

When it's done he'll send through the pictures of the finished goods. I'll pay him for the setting plus postage and he mails it to me.

Obviously you'll skip all this if you're not setting with him and he can mail you the Jade after you pay for it.

Omg that was a novel!

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Don't be discouraged by having to set up a payment system to him. You'll find what works. The first time I had to pay him directly I wanted to cry cuz all his details were in Chinese and it was a freaking nightmare.

But it was worth it and was super easy once I finished setting it up. And I love everything I bought so it was worth it!

Maddiewin

Shiny_Rock
Ohhh need to brief you on this. You can ask him if he knows about PayPal but I'm not sure if he does. I've always transferred money to him directly. No recourse at all. Sounds as shady as heck but that's the risk with buying like this. He's always delivered everything as promised so absolutely nothing to complain about there on my part.

Also be mindful that you'll never be able to post anything back into China again (customs steals stuff there) so keep that in mind in regards to refunds or exchanges. I wanted to send him other stones (my own ones) to set for me but after much research I was told they'll never make it to him in China so I dropped the plan.

Can you do a direct transfer?

Correct me if I'm wrong but I've been told that your banking system in the US is not up to date and you can't just transfer money on your phone like we do? Is that true?

Anyways if you have trouble transferring online, just use transferwise (go to their website, it'll be self explanatory).

The schedule is like this:

You see an item that you like. You make an offer on it and haggle. If you agree on the price they'll write your name down and pop the item in a bag for you

Next day the vendor will send you a photo of the item. I always ask for natural light photos and ask him if there are cracks, cotton etc

If I find the item acceptable (see my apples they have cotton but I love them so this part is personal) I then pay him for the Jade

I then do up a picture file with the Jade item and instructions in Chinese on how I want it set

I send it to him, get a rough quote and if I'm happy with the quote I tell him to go ahead

After a few weeks he'll send me a CAD. I'm really easy going (vendor is more meticulous than me lol) so I'll approve the CAD and he'll get it made

When it's done he'll send through the pictures of the finished goods. I'll pay him for the setting plus postage and he mails it to me.

Obviously you'll skip all this if you're not setting with him and he can mail you the Jade after you pay for it.

Omg that was a novel!

I love that it was a novel!!! Thank you, thank you for taking the time to write it. I know me and other appreciate all the tips. I watched today for a bit on my phone and he had a ladybug. I thought of you too. Well it looked like a tiny ladybug to me. I wanted it but I was too slow in typing. I need to figure out how to watch and have google translate out at the same time.

I saw him putting items in a bag and writing a name on it like you mentioned. He has so much stuff that my eyeballs was bugging out.

ChaiK

Brilliant_Rock
You enter show. You say 掃。
This means he gives you a wide view of what he has for you to see.

You like something, you say 花看看。 Let's see flower. Or xxx看看。 One time I was rushing so I said Hulu. English. He will pick it up.

You then ask 見光看。 He will put it on plain light for you to see.

Ask 紋裂棉? You are asking lines cracks clouds on jadeite? He will show you where they are and tell you his opinion.

尺寸? You ask for measurements。

多少? You are asking how much.

You like, he will quote a price. Say 請漏。 or just 漏。 With big smiley. This means discount please. Try to bargain down whatever price quoted.

Ask him 價格寫下, 我聽不懂。You are saying to write down price because you don't understand. You can counter offer here.

If you like price, you say 收。 And you type the number 1 to complete sale.

After show, he will send pictures. Ask him send daylight pictures. If you don't like, at this point you can cancel. Don't feel pressured to buy.

After that, you pay
I use Union pay. Via TransferWise

Then the setting begins. You say. 要鑲嵌。 And then that is another set of instructions. When you get there, just ask again

Of course there will be variables to the above. Like there are two flowers. If you say you don't understand Chinese, people watching are helpful. And 輝哥is also very understanding. His workmanship on the setting of the items is very good. When I have time, I can show you what I mean.

My brains are all skiied out on the black slopes, so hopefully, I am coherent. I think most importantly, you say 掃。 This way, you can exit and not waste time. Just note that he can have several vendors on one show, so you can always leave it on, work and check if next vendor is on. And you 掃again. I am always zipping off because I do tell him in advance what I want. He will inform via messenger. I cannot sit through entire shows. No time. That's why my purchases are more haphazard. No flowers for rings. And I want a big puffy heart or cherry blossoms like @mellowyellowgirl but I probably miss them all. I think also I am impatient or these thing weren't just meant to be. Oh. And make mistakes on the way because I am in a hurry. I have a pair of pea pods. Not sure how or why or what to do with them. But I love anyway. Few dollars of fun. It's ok. Probably turn them into earring studs.

To be honest, right after you say you don't understand Chinese, people do step in to help out, so you may not even need these tips.

Maddiewin

Shiny_Rock
You enter show. You say 掃。
This means he gives you a wide view of what he has for you to see.

You like something, you say 花看看。 Let's see flower. Or xxx看看。 One time I was rushing so I said Hulu. English. He will pick it up.

You then ask 見光看。 He will put it on plain light for you to see.

Ask 紋裂棉? You are asking lines cracks clouds on jadeite? He will show you where they are and tell you his opinion.

尺寸? You ask for measurements。

多少? You are asking how much.

You like, he will quote a price. Say 請漏。 or just 漏。 With big smiley. This means discount please. Try to bargain down whatever price quoted.

Ask him 價格寫下, 我聽不懂。You are saying to write down price because you don't understand. You can counter offer here.

If you like price, you say 收。 And you type the number 1 to complete sale.

After show, he will send pictures. Ask him send daylight pictures. If you don't like, at this point you can cancel. Don't feel pressured to buy.

After that, you pay

Then the setting begins. You say. 要鑲嵌。 And then that is another set of instructions. When you get there, just ask again

Of course there will be variables to the above. Like there are two flowers. If you say you don't understand Chinese, people watching are helpful. And 輝哥is also very understanding. His workmanship on the setting of the items is very good. When I have time, I can show you what I mean.

My brains are all skiied out on the black slopes, so hopefully, I am coherent. I think most importantly, you say 掃。 This way, you can exit and not waste time. Just note that he can have several vendors on one show, so you can always leave it on, work and check if next vendor is on. And you 掃again. I am always zipping off because I do tell him in advance what I want. He will inform via messenger. I cannot sit through entire shows. No time. That's why my purchases are more haphazard. No flowers for rings. And I want a big puffy heart or cherry blossoms like @mellowyellowgirl but I probably miss them all. I think also I am impatient or these thing weren't just meant to be. Oh. And make mistakes on the way because I am in a hurry. I have a pair of pea pods. Not sure how or why or what to do with them. But I love anyway. Few dollars of fun. It's ok. Probably turn them into earring studs.

To be honest, right after you say you don't understand Chinese, people do step in to help out, so you may not even need these tips.

@ChaiK thank you thank you for the dictionary!!!! So much appreciated. You were very coherent...My hubby is amazed by all the kindness. He is supportive of my hobbies. Hehheheheh. I have watched twice but always came in towards the end like the last 20 minutes. I finally figured out that he goes on around 5 or 6 am my time. I am gonna try to see if he is on at 5 am since I have to call into work at that time.

I have always wanted to try skiing but too scared. Every time I wanted to go skiing, somehow someone I know would end up with something broken. I take it as a sign I am not suppose to go. Maybe one day, I will start on the bunny slopes8)8)

Maddiewin

Shiny_Rock
Dear Jadeite Experts,

what does ”18.5 Wai” refer to in Ice Seed Jade Jadeite Bracelet 18.5 Wai A (Renaissance)?

冰種翡翠玉鐲 18.5圍 A貨(復興) google translated from Kathy Jade. She has a section from #16 to #19. I am looking at her site to learn about jadeite bangles.

thank you all

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
Dear Jadeite Experts,

what does ”18.5 Wai” refer to in Ice Seed Jade Jadeite Bracelet 18.5 Wai A (Renaissance)?

冰種翡翠玉鐲 18.5圍 A貨(復興) google translated from Kathy Jade. She has a section from #16 to #19. I am looking at her site to learn about jadeite bangles.

thank you all

No idea but the inner diameter in cm is always stated. Suggest you refer to the cm measurements instead of the terminology used

Eg
冰種飄藍花翡翠玉鐲 18.7圍 A貨 (復興)
主題:翡翠玉鐲(18.7圍)
尺寸:內徑約5.65~5.8 cm版寬1.3cm 厚約0.8cm
種地:冰種
產地:緬甸回卡礦區
重量:約62.8g
顏色:飄藍花
特色:玉件溫潤,白底飄藍花

Inner diameter is 5.65~5.8 cm

Last edited:

Snowdrop13

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’ve spotted a “starter” bangle (meaning I like the colour and it’s not too $$$$$) on eBay, which has a certificate. Does this look legit or should it be avoided?

D4016706-06B7-4951-B840-591F10581FED.jpeg

Maddiewin

Shiny_Rock
No idea but the inner diameter in cm is always stated. Suggest you refer to the cm measurements instead of the terminology used

Eg
冰種飄藍花翡翠玉鐲 18.7圍 A貨 (復興)
主題:翡翠玉鐲(18.7圍)
尺寸:內徑約5.65~5.8 cm版寬1.3cm 厚約0.8cm
種地:冰種
產地:緬甸回卡礦區
重量:約62.8g
顏色:飄藍花
特色:玉件溫潤,白底飄藍花

Inner diameter is 5.65~5.8 cm

@icy_jade whew thank you for clarifying. I thought I was missing something. I will definitely look at the inner diameter. She has some really nice bangles for $$$. A girl can dream

ChaiK

Brilliant_Rock
I’ve spotted a “starter” bangle (meaning I like the colour and it’s not too $$$$$) on eBay, which has a certificate. Does this look legit or should it be avoided?

D4016706-06B7-4951-B840-591F10581FED.jpeg

I don't know from a certificate like this. Sometimes, the fakes can be obvious; sometimes, the fakes are very good and real looking. Just don't overpay into the thousands or more than 500 usd if you are not sure. I have jadeite that come with certificates like that and then I get them checked out elsewhere in another lab. I have never had mine tested other than A grade but that does not mean this one is legit.

Jasmine has this today at 313 usd (size 58 mm) although I won't buy from J at all because of her very high prices: she is fond of over-charging. J is ok if you only speak English. She does sell legit jade and it still won't be Mason Kay prices. J is good with photos and will honestly tell you about stone lines etc. You can ask her to shine a light on it to see how bad the lines are. J is very responsive and will show you honest daylight pictures.

This one, @mellowyellowgirl pointed out.

1578303312388.png

Caveat: it may not exist at all. Could just be a strategy for you to ask and then she will show you another one at a much higher price. J can be like this at times. Sold out goods which do not exist, at good prices so she can sell you something else at a higher made up price. You feel like these bangles are selling so fast you had better buy one too. Not true. Avoid that. Telling you like how it was for me when I bought from J. All my bangles are from years ago and have not been bought from J. J is not great, not bad either. Just pricing issues. This bangle here seems a reasonable price.

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I agree with @ChaiK's assessment of J. And ditto on the "it's sold out" strategy.

I did overpay with J but the transactions were easy and all in English. She also sent plenty of pictures and videos and whilst the goods were overpriced, they were as stated.

If you don't want to spend time on Livestream, time trying to make sense of google translate, time trying to make google translate make sense so that the vendor knows what you're talking about, then you may want to pay the premium for J. There definitely is a premium! It is not a Mason Kay premium but there is a premium.

I will say after you google translate a few times and set up a payment system it is a piece of cake! The vendor gets used to you too so if you send nonsense he just assumes your translation is out of whack. Haha it got so easy I bought a loooooot more than I should have!

ChaiK

Brilliant_Rock
I agree with @ChaiK's assessment of J. And ditto on the "it's sold out" strategy.

I did overpay with J but the transactions were easy and all in English. She also sent plenty of pictures and videos and whilst the goods were overpriced, they were as stated.

If you don't want to spend time on Livestream, time trying to make sense of google translate, time trying to make google translate make sense so that the vendor knows what you're talking about, then you may want to pay the premium for J. There definitely is a premium! It is not a Mason Kay premium but there is a premium.

I will say after you google translate a few times and set up a payment system it is a piece of cake! The vendor gets used to you too so if you send nonsense he just assumes your translation is out of whack. Haha it got so easy I bought a loooooot more than I should have!

:lol::D:D:D:D:kiss2::kiss2::kiss2::kiss2::kiss2: Can't regret though. Jadeite is very addictive. I am on a ban but still, I find myself drawn to it. It's like chocolate. Not supposed to eat but you walk past that box......:knockout:

Just be careful of J's premium - it can be up to 2000 usd more if you really really want an item. This 2000 usd extra is based on my experience hunting down a ring with J and then seeing that same item on another seller's wechat list.

Last edited:

Snowdrop13

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't know from a certificate like this. Sometimes, the fakes can be obvious; sometimes, the fakes are very good and real looking. Just don't overpay into the thousands or more than 500 usd if you are not sure. I have jadeite that come with certificates like that and then I get them checked out elsewhere in another lab. I have never had mine tested other than A grade but that does not mean this one is legit.

Jasmine has this today at 313 usd (size 58 mm) although I won't buy from J at all because of her very high prices: she is fond of over-charging. J is ok if you only speak English. She does sell legit jade and it still won't be Mason Kay prices. J is good with photos and will honestly tell you about stone lines etc. You can ask her to shine a light on it to see how bad the lines are. J is very responsive and will show you honest daylight pictures.

This one, @mellowyellowgirl pointed out.

1578303312388.png

Caveat: it may not exist at all. Could just be a strategy for you to ask and then she will show you another one at a much higher price. J can be like this at times. Sold out goods which do not exist, at good prices so she can sell you something else at a higher made up price. You feel like these bangles are selling so fast you had better buy one too. Not true. Avoid that. Telling you like how it was for me when I bought from J. All my bangles are from years ago and have not been bought from J. J is not great, not bad either. Just pricing issues. This bangle here seems a reasonable price.

Thank you for all the advice @ChaiK and @mellowyellowgirl, you are very kind to take the time! I’ve followed that seller on FB now, I’m going to keep looking at pieces online to get my eye in if possible. Buying jade seems to be a bit of a minefield if you live in the West! Lovely bangle and good to know one can be bought for less than $1000, I’m really hoping for one with a bit of lavender in it so will wait and see if one pops up anywhere.I’ve also used Google translate for the first time ever on the certificate I posted, such a clever device!

Maddiewin

Shiny_Rock
So my dear experts I am very close to buying from recommended vendor. I am waiting for him to give me his PayPal info. Here is what I am looking at. They are little like only 9 mm long, 3 mm round
DE2CB629-4A69-479F-89C9-EDC1DAD956C7.jpeg

voce

Ideal_Rock
18.5圍 refers to circumference. Divide by 3.14, and you get 5.89, so they apparently measure circumference in decameters, not centimeters.

Maddiewin

Shiny_Rock
My dear experts, I survived the payment process and came out on the other side. Fb vendor was very patient and held my hand. Well he checked my screenshot to make sure I picked the right bank. I am going to wait til February to do the setting instead of rushing even though the settings I want are simple. I am so excited :lol::lol::kiss2::dance::lol-2::love::wavey:

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wooooohoooooo

Well done hun!!!!!

He is very very very experienced with Jade so you're in good hands. By all means get the goods tested for reassurance but I think it's an intelligent risk you've taken.

Snowdrop13

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My dear experts, I survived the payment process and came out on the other side. Fb vendor was very patient and held my hand. Well he checked my screenshot to make sure I picked the right bank. I am going to wait til February to do the setting instead of rushing even though the settings I want are simple. I am so excited :lol::lol::kiss2::dance::lol-2::love::wavey:

Can you mention which vendor? Maybe you did, and I missed it :D

ChaiK

Brilliant_Rock
Can you mention which vendor? Maybe you did, and I missed it :D

This one.

You need to friend him and get notifications of his shows.

Last edited:

Snowdrop13

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This one.

You need to friend him and get notifications of his shows.

Ah, thank you!

ChaiK

Brilliant_Rock
And this one for bangles. I have not bought from these people. I don't need to buy bangles (although I very very much WANT to buy but am on a ban).

First one:

朱爱萍

I like this one below a lot:

火豹直播—女帝珠寶

Cut and paste on FB and you should reach them two.

And there is this other third one - not a show. She comes on occasionally and has a case of bangles for sale. I cannot find her link When I do, I will post here.

And a fourth one that sells the rough to be cut out. I think this one is not reliable because you cannot exactly see what the outcome will be.

All on Facebook anyway. If you are game, you can log on and watch.

Last edited:

Snowdrop13

Ideal_Rock
Premium
And this one for bangles. I have not bought from these people. I don't need to buy bangles (although I very very much WANT to buy but am on a ban).

First one:

朱爱萍

I like this one below a lot:

火豹直播—女帝珠寶

Cut and paste on FB and you should reach them two.

And there is this other third one - not a show. She comes on occasionally and has a case of bangles for sale. I cannot find her link When I do, I will post here.

And a fourth one that sells the rough to be cut out. I think this one is not reliable because you cannot exactly see what the outcome will be.

All on Facebook anyway. If you are game, you can log on and watch.

Brilliant, off to look!

Snowdrop13

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well. I have just taken the plunge (eeeeeek) and bought a pretty pale lavender/green bangle from Jasmine. She was very responsive and polite in our chat, and the bangle wasnt too expensive (certainly a LOT less than similar ones I’m watching on eBay and Etsy- hope that doesn’t mean the quality is worse). Anyway, I’m treating it as an experiment! Hope it’s nice.

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
oooh any pics @Snowdrop13 ???

How exciting!!!!!

Did she give you info on the colour? I never bought a bangle from her but when I made enquiries she would always warn me if one had very faint colour.

Snowdrop13

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here’s one. She did tell me it was lighter in real life. I have zero expectations, really, just hoping it’s pretty. I plan to wear it in the summer, on holiday with my more pastel coloured clothing.

E23AEBE8-8254-45CF-BC31-EEB45444E630.jpeg

Maddiewin

Shiny_Rock
Wooooohoooooo

Well done hun!!!!!

He is very very very experienced with Jade so you're in good hands. By all means get the goods tested for reassurance but I think it's an intelligent risk you've taken.

@mellowyellowgirl i have been so tempted to buy more but I have been good. I am gonna make the first 4 items first and go from there. I am trying to decide if I should make 4 rings. Just something cute to gift to my sisters and my mom. Or make tiny bracelets. I was trying to describe the size to my mom. First she was like it’s tiny, then she said it will look huge. They all have tiny fingers, ring sizes in the 4 to 4.75 US.

fantapanda

Shiny_Rock
After that, you pay

Hi @ChaiK, would you mind walking through how you got the seller to provide their bank details for transfer wise? he gave me the bank name in chinese and transferwise is only recognizing english characters.

This thread has been so informative and I just took the plunge and bid on a leaf. Just trying to figure out how to wrap up the transaction now.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results