shape
carat
color
clarity

Specific Gravity of Grade B Jadeite

Maddiewin

Shiny_Rock
@mellowyellowgirl, no Chinese here except “hello, thank you and I love you”...will use google translate for sure. I am excited :)

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@mellowyellowgirl, no Chinese here except “hello, thank you and I love you”...will use google translate for sure. I am excited :)

Ooh I just have to warn you there are a loooot of Buddhas to sit through. Just have a glance and see if there is anything you like.

I always warn them that I don't speak Chinese and cannot understand anything they are saying. I also always have Google translate open in another window handy.

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
Ooh I just have to warn you there are a loooot of Buddhas to sit through. Just have a glance and see if there is anything you like.

I always warn them that I don't speak Chinese and cannot understand anything they are saying. I also always have Google translate open in another window handy.

Do you have to sit through the entire video? or can you just ask for specific things?

I don’t think I have the patience to sit through the entire video...

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Do you have to sit through the entire video? or can you just ask for specific things?

I have it on while I'm cooking or on the yoga ball (opened on mute next to my tv shows while I'm exercising).

You can ask him to find you stuff but sometimes by sitting around you run into things that appeal to you.

Usually as soon as you glance at the video for the first 3 mins you'll see all the stock. If they're all Buddhas I just close it and wait until they change sellers.

If you tell him what you like he'll message you to tell you "on there are flowers today" or "lots of green good today"

I still think you need to keep an eye out for the things you want specifically. I've never seen a heart I like as much as mine again.

I passed on some green bows and never saw them again.

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
@mellowyellowgirl

hmm... I only want bangle... Or a really nice imperial green cab... Does he usually have such things?

Is there a specific time to log on and see the video?

Sorry so many questions. Total noob at this live sale thing.

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@mellowyellowgirl

hmm... I only want bangle... Or a really nice imperial green cab... Does he usually have such things?

For those I would message him directly and get him to source them for you.

I've never seen him sell bangles but he can source cabs.

Livestream it's for the more cheap and cheerful stuff so I wouldn't bother logging in if those are the only things you want.

ChaiK

Brilliant_Rock
@mellowyellowgirl

Maybe ask him? I got my purple cab this way. I asked him. Not through the shows.

Maddiewin

Shiny_Rock
I think I will use google translate to get him to add me. I used English earlier. Thank thank you for advice. It is so hard to buy jade in the U.S. for a noob like me, especially when all the family are giggling at me. They Looooove Diamonds over here. I can’t get them to budge. I keep saying colored stones and jade is the way to go, buy before it’s too expensive and you can always buy a diamond later. They just laugh...:cry:

Maddiewin

Shiny_Rock
@mellowyellowgirl, I am IN!!! I can see it live. Do I communicate through comment box if I like something or do I direct message him?. I forgot to ask you guys. Hahahah

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
For those I would message him directly and get him to source them for you.

I've never seen him sell bangles but he can source cabs.

Livestream it's for the more cheap and cheerful stuff so I wouldn't bother logging in if those are the only things you want.

Maybe ask him? I got my purple cab this way. I asked him. Not through the shows.

Thanks ladies.

Ok I will ask for bangle. I wear a bangle 24/7 so I always feel like it’s most bang for my buck.
F0B6AAF6-11AA-45C1-8C25-80ADD99B116C.jpeg

this cab? Wow. Very nice!! Did he also set for you?

ChaiK

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks ladies.

Ok I will ask for bangle. I wear a bangle 24/7 so I always feel like it’s most bang for my buck.
F0B6AAF6-11AA-45C1-8C25-80ADD99B116C.jpeg

this cab? Wow. Very nice!! Did he also set for you?

Yes. Another 10k RMB for setting. Marquis diamonds. Big big diamonds one 18k white gold and he designed the layout to minimise costs. How not to like this guy?:kiss2:

Last edited:

Maddiewin

Shiny_Rock
So I went to local Asian jewelry stores today in my neck of the woods. I tried to ask where the bangles came from...answer was HK and who knows where it came from before that from. They all don’t have papers and said who does that? Not too friendly

Maddiewin

Shiny_Rock
My dear jade experts, is there a difference in river jade versus mountain jade? Which one is more preferred?

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
So I went to local Asian jewelry stores today in my neck of the woods. I tried to ask where the bangles came from...answer was HK and who knows where it came from before that from. They all don’t have papers and said who does that? Not too friendly

But they are right you know... most sellers won’t know which mine they are from. If it’s jadeite it should be Burmese anyway.

And Hong Kong as perhaps HK has the largest Jewellery shows in the world (in March and Sep) and many buyers and sellers converge in HK.

I think certs from reliable labs though are really important. My jeweller showed me a jadeite ring sold by a nice jewellery store that was actually type B+C jade. Beautifully designed with gemstones, 18k gold and everything so really cannot tell just based on how nice the jade looks or who sells it. Must have cert.

That said, many jadeite sellers I know sell based on reputation and may not have cert unless requested by client. Which I can understand as cert costs Xx dollars and if the jade item is quite cheap than it doesn’t make sense to make a cert if the cert costs like 20% the price of the jade item.

My dear jade experts, is there a difference in river jade versus mountain jade? Which one is more preferred?

River jade has better grain/texture. @Burmesedaze explained before but I can’t find the post.

ChaiK

Brilliant_Rock
Water jade is supposed to be finer in grain. However, I feel all.jadeite is beautiful. The minute the vendor says Muna jadeite, expect a premium.

My personal reaction is to not buy because of the water jadeite Muna jadeite tag. These are Muna pieces. Some are very green of course. View attachment 728110 mmexport1577522237278.jpg mmexport1577522109636.jpg mmexport1577522418918.jpg

Actual pictures Vs vendor pieces. This particular vendor. I no longer buy from.

mmexport1564757831329.jpg mmexport1560778561899.jpg

Muna jadeite has a soft glow to it. It also has snowflake inclusions. Muna jadeite is now extinct. So vendors like to use the name Muna to compare pieces. Or to try and wrangle a premium. Not worth it.

Beautiful jadeite is beautiful jadeite. I own these pieces, bar the green cab ring. I can tell you that my other pieces give me equal, if not more joy. And I do appreciate fine jadeite. You don't need to nod to water jade to be considered wise.

I won't pay for the tag Muna or river or water jadeite. I will pay for beautiful jadeite. I particularly love icy glutinous jadeite. Full of colour and glow with water. You can scroll through and see the pieces on this thread. Not water but equally green, glowy and beautiful.

This isn't Muna or water or river jadeite. But so green and lovely at 2000 RMB. Regret not buying it at the man's Facebook show. No time to dig and post other pictures. Others may have a different view, though. It's subjective.

received_2460543237359182.jpeg

Last edited:

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just to chime in this is what they call glutinous jade. It is a bit cheaper but I find it a bargain for anyone who wants greener at a lower price tag (ME!!!). It is not bone dry but not wet like the water jade examples posted.

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
Glutinous jade is 冰糯种?

Maddiewin

Shiny_Rock
But they are right you know... most sellers won’t know which mine they are from. If it’s jadeite it should be Burmese anyway.

And Hong Kong as perhaps HK has the largest Jewellery shows in the world (in March and Sep) and many buyers and sellers converge in HK.

I think certs from reliable labs though are really important. My jeweller showed me a jadeite ring sold by a nice jewellery store that was actually type B+C jade. Beautifully designed with gemstones, 18k gold and everything so really cannot tell just based on how nice the jade looks or who sells it. Must have cert.

That said, many jadeite sellers I know sell based on reputation and may not have cert unless requested by client. Which I can understand as cert costs Xx dollars and if the jade item is quite cheap than it doesn’t make sense to make a cert if the cert costs like 20% the price of the jade item.

River jade has better grain/texture. @Burmesedaze explained before but I can’t find the post.

@icy_jade hehehe clearly you can see how much of newbie I am by my questions. the lady was so mean when I asked. I told her I was trying to learn and she screamed “look, look, look all you want”. Didn’t try to explain anything. Maybe the store having half off price stickers should have been a warning, but it was a store with the most jade or jade looking items in the market I visited. I ran away. The 2nd store only wanted to sell me jade jewelry set in gold. I was told by a nice man that the jewelers in the area doesn’t know any different between good vs bad jade only here to sell, that there is a store that sell fake goods and he no longer buy jade to sell bc there is no interest. I wished I took pictures of his jade bangles but I was taking my mom around.

Maddiewin

Shiny_Rock
Just to chime in this is what they call glutinous jade. It is a bit cheaper but I find it a bargain for anyone who wants greener at a lower price tag (ME!!!). It is not bone dry but not wet like the water jade examples posted.

received_2601383213261524.jpeg

received_2472036366450835.jpeg

received_1524442957698653.jpeg

@mellowyellowgirl these are beautiful. I would buy them too...hehehe....I need to figure out what calls to me. I told @Burmesedaze that I like the green bluish floral or moss on green bangles, but the more I look the more I want everything. My list expanded from bangle to cab to flowers to fishes:)

Maddiewin

Shiny_Rock
Water jade is supposed to be finer in grain. However, I feel all.jadeite is beautiful. The minute the vendor says Muna jadeite, expect a premium.

My personal reaction is to not buy because of the water jadeite Muna jadeite tag. These are Muna pieces. Some are very green of course. View attachment 728110 mmexport1577522237278.jpg mmexport1577522109636.jpg mmexport1577522418918.jpg

Actual pictures Vs vendor pieces. This particular vendor. I no longer buy from.

mmexport1564757831329.jpg mmexport1560778561899.jpg

Muna jadeite has a soft glow to it. It also has snowflake inclusions. Muna jadeite is now extinct. So vendors like to use the name Muna to compare pieces. Or to try and wrangle a premium. Not worth it.

Beautiful jadeite is beautiful jadeite. I own these pieces, bar the green cab ring. I can tell you that my other pieces give me equal, if not more joy. And I do appreciate fine jadeite. You don't need to nod to water jade to be considered wise.

I won't pay for the tag Muna or river or water jadeite. I will pay for beautiful jadeite. I particularly love icy glutinous jadeite. Full of colour and glow with water. You can scroll through and see the pieces on this thread. Not water but equally green, glowy and beautiful.

This isn't Muna or water or river jadeite. But so green and lovely at 2000 RMB. Regret not buying it at the man's Facebook show. No time to dig and post other pictures. Others may have a different view, though. It's subjective.

received_2460543237359182.jpeg

@ChaiK thank you for pointing out that Muna jade is extinct. I do like the glow but I also liked the last jadeite you posted. I was mentioning to @mellowyellowgirl how I need to figure out what is calling to me since i want to buy everything. I wish I can see jade irl to get a better feel. I learned the difference between dry vs water from @icy_jade pictures. But I know I am not biased bc I like lavender jade too. also the stores I went to only sold diamonds, no colored stones. No interest in the area I was told.

Maddiewin

Shiny_Rock
@ChaiK thank you for pointing out that Muna jade is extinct. I do like the glow but I also liked the last jadeite you posted. I was mentioning to @mellowyellowgirl how I need to figure out what is calling to me since i want to buy everything. I wish I can see jade irl to get a better feel. I learned the difference between dry vs water from @icy_jade pictures. But I know I am not biased bc I like lavender jade too. also the stores I went to only sold diamonds, no colored stones. No interest in the area I was told.

I mean I am not biased toward dry vs wet jade since I feel like they are all beautiful but I now have a better feel what is dry and wet based on looking at pictures.

ChaiK

Brilliant_Rock
@icy_jade hehehe clearly you can see how much of newbie I am by my questions. the lady was so mean when I asked. I told her I was trying to learn and she screamed “look, look, look all you want”. Didn’t try to explain anything. Maybe the store having half off price stickers should have been a warning, but it was a store with the most jade or jade looking items in the market I visited. I ran away. The 2nd store only wanted to sell me jade jewelry set in gold. I was told by a nice man that the jewelers in the area doesn’t know any different between good vs bad jade only here to sell, that there is a store that sell fake goods and he no longer buy jade to sell bc there is no interest. I wished I took pictures of his jade bangles but I was taking my mom around.

Awww, no, their loss then. Never mind.

Take your time. Don't rush. Even on the live shows. If you have agreed on an item but you don't want it, you could later on, after the show, cancel on it. No big deal.

And. Haha. Every item seemed to be screaming for me when I first started buying. I cannot fathom still how I have ended up with the items I have. I wanted a flower ring like @mellowyellowgirl. Really really really wanted. But none reasonable came my way. Every time I logged on, it was fish. Phoenix. Eagle. Donuts. Rabbits. Leaves.

Zero flowers; maybe it is fated in some way. 玉有緣份。

Last edited:

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Maddiewin my weakness is weird shapes. I love fruits and flowers and cute shapes in general.

Maybe try out one or two pieces first, get used to the vendor and then see how you go and what you like.

ChaiK

Brilliant_Rock

Sorry sporadic replies. Can't see what I am posting and am not at desk.

You enter the show and you say 掃。

The commentator will then sweep the stock, as in show you everything. Then you can already decide to stay or go.

冰糯玉 when I have time I let you see. I think that Wriston ring I love is 冰糯。

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
Sorry sporadic replies. Can't see what I am posting and am not at desk.

You enter the show and you say 掃。

The commentator will then sweep the stock, as in show you everything. Then you can already decide to stay or go.

冰糯玉 when I have time I let you see. I think that Wriston ring I love is 冰糯。

Ah that tip is useful thanks!

I know what is 冰糯种 I’m not sure the translation used by you and mellowy. I read Chinese articles about jade so all the terms I know are in Chinese... is there some translation guide? Like icy is 冰, glassy is 玻璃, etc...

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results