shape
carat
color
clarity

Specific Gravity of Grade B Jadeite

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like the ring too, and think you should pull the trigger if it's still around after your ban is lifted. I question the need to save money for a HOUSE for 6yo. You should train him to become a rainmaker instead, so he can make enough to get his house on his own. My future kids can forget about getting freebies as opposed to working hard for themselves.

He's an amazing baby and he has no idea I want to buy him a house (probably won't tell him until he's 30). It is his goal in life right now to get into a really good school, make lots of money and buy mummy those big expensive jewels she tells him she can't afford.

He always says: When I'm grown up mummy I will give you all my money so you can buy the biggest, greenest, shiniest rocks (boy has expensive taste!) while I eat lollies and watch TV :lol:

It is my goal to leave him with a roof over his head whether he needs it or not (only child, love of my life).

Hmm I think timing is bad. I don't want to mess around with buying during Lunar New Year since it's holiday season. At any rate I really worked out what I want/am looking for! Will be awesome if that ring is still available in a fortnight!

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade
+1 for JY. Nice cabbage to display :)

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Don't get me started on the cabbages......I am cabbage mad but cannot buy. She not taking PayPal :cry2:

I'm happy with bank transfers. PayPal charges obscene rates on my end. higher than credit card rates for USD.

I think accumulate and transfer 1 time might be worth it for bank tt?

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Ok since I have trips that are $$$ soon, no buy starts now. Today is day 2 :razz:

Maybe 1 item a month only. To keep relations warm with LS folks.

ChaiK

Brilliant_Rock
Ok since I have trips that are $$$ soon, no buy starts now. Today is day 2 :razz:

Maybe 1 item a month only. To keep relations warm with LS folks.

K. A bit contradictory and I a bit confused - no buy but buy one item a month, but ok. Just don't buy!

ChaiK

Brilliant_Rock
I'm happy with bank transfers. PayPal charges obscene rates on my end. higher than credit card rates for USD.

I think accumulate and transfer 1 time might be worth it for bank tt?

But she is always wanting payment now, on the spot. And that reminds me, I should have around
1000 Rmb extra left over after all that setting. So I wait until all items arrive, then calculate left over, then buy.

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Like buy 1 good item a month so they know me and will entertain me in JY haha

I still have a few pieces waiting to be set. In the queue in factory.

Duyen

Rough_Rock
He's an amazing baby and he has no idea I want to buy him a house (probably won't tell him until he's 30). It is his goal in life right now to get into a really good school, make lots of money and buy mummy those big expensive jewels she tells him she can't afford.

He always says: When I'm grown up mummy I will give you all my money so you can buy the biggest, greenest, shiniest rocks (boy has expensive taste!) while I eat lollies and watch TV :lol:

It is my goal to leave him with a roof over his head whether he needs it or not (only child, love of my life).

Hmm I think timing is bad. I don't want to mess around with buying during Lunar New Year since it's holiday season. At any rate I really worked out what I want/am looking for! Will be awesome if that ring is still available in a fortnight!

I love how much you love your kid @mellowyellowgirl !

You are right not to buy now IMHO : searching for your treasured jewel should be considered as a pleasure in itself, with its highs and lows.
Plus if you take your time, you will have more benchmark in mind and will be able to more easily assess whether the value for money is good enough or not.
And you will then be able to pull the trigger more serenely.
For such an amount of money, you would not want to regret having bought too hastily.
Again, this only is my personal opinion about this.

Duyen

Rough_Rock
But she is always wanting payment now, on the spot. And that reminds me, I should have around
1000 Rmb extra left over after all that setting. So I wait until all items arrive, then calculate left over, then buy.

As per my little experience, what they accept you to accumulate and transfer one time is for Livestream buys.
For WeChat buys they are like chasing us for the payment, repeating « pay first, served first ». This has been observed on all my WeChat buys, whatever the amount.

Duyen

Rough_Rock
Don't get me started on the cabbages......I am cabbage mad but cannot buy. She not taking PayPal :cry2:

Has anyone ever used xe.com or TransferWise, as an alternative to PayPal ?
Trustpilot has very positive feedbacks on both of them, and they are known for being super competitive vs PayPal, not to mention traditional banks.
I am having 2 LS pending items, and will certainly use either of these solutions as a new way of payment.

Duyen

Rough_Rock
ASK FOR DISCOUNT

May I kindly ask you one very candid question @Burmesedaze : How much discount have you managed to grab from YY WeChat goods ?
I know that in their LS, we can bargain and get some fantastic deals, but had personal experience that this is not really applicable to their WeChat shops. Again, this might be because I am so desperately bad at bargaining :cry2:

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade
She offered me 1 scenery at discounted rate same as what was offered to another buyer. Main number. Probably around 10%.

Rest I bought on LS :)

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade
As per my little experience, what they accept you to accumulate and transfer one time is for Livestream buys.
For WeChat buys they are like chasing us for the payment, repeating « pay first, served first ». This has been observed on all my WeChat buys, whatever the amount.

Hmm. I think I paid for my red when it was sent to the factory. So like 2 or 3 days after I said ok. But it's a fairly small amount. I think they need assurance.

Duyen

Rough_Rock
She offered me 1 scenery at discounted rate same as what was offered to another buyer. Main number. Probably around 10%.

Rest I bought on LS :)

So the price was displayed in their WeChat feed at, say, 100, and you managed to bargain it with main number, and pay it for 90 ?
Or is it some other goods that she had under her sleeves and can show when asked, not part of the WeChat feed ?

Last edited:

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I'm not really pushy. I ask nicely. Skye sends me photos of her goods time to time. Probably some are up on wechat. I hate using wechat to scroll.

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade
It also depends on their cost and markup. There's no hard science to this.

End of discussion on discounts.

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I've been wearing this a lot. Even when I don't, it's on my dresser table and I reach out to do this ever so often to view the floating greens.

20190203_201358.jpg 20190203_201412.jpg

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Do you guys reckon their yellow diamond melee are irradiated?

I can't be bothered asking them since the language barrier is too big but I am not sure how I feel about irradiated melee.

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Possible. Just ask them not to use if that bothers you.

AV_

Ideal_Rock
I understand that synthetic diamonds are mainly melee - the first technically possible years before single-stone sizes...

There do exist lab reports for parcels of such minute diamonds. (the first lab to report them was Japanese, not European, & I remain with the idea that they were simply closer to the relevant market - TBD)

I keep thinking that there cannot be many requests for such reports & how could they count against the flood of pinhead diamonds ,)

2c

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gang I NEED help!!! Which one???

One is 5.5 and I like it thicker....

But I think the other has better colour but costs more

20190213_120413.jpg

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Some more photos of the $15800 in a different angle

mmexport1550025023178.jpg
mmexport1550025016000.jpg

Reactions: AV_

ChaiK

Brilliant_Rock
The more expensive one

HELP ME

mmexport1549089629391.jpg

What is the height of this one?

Maybe ask them to give you daylight pictures of both together?

I like the oval one which is higher because it is brighter.
But I don’t dig the yellow sapphires in the setting.

You need to check if it is diamonds and whether setting is crooked. Plus is stone cracked? I am more careful with them after my pendant experience. Twice. But they do accept returns If fault is theirs.

ChaiK

Brilliant_Rock
See my second pendant. She says she can fix it .I have to send back. I have decided not to send back. I don't want that risk of losing it. In terms of after sales service, they will rectify their errors.
With the other icy pendant, Number 5 said it was not changeable despite the ugly hole in the middle. I went to number 1 who then intervened. When the pendant arrived, yes, it is green. There is spare change, and I am going to hound them for it. Yes, I am happy with the icy pendant.

See this. I did ask her the usual about cracks, fractures etc before buying. This was a ready set pendant. Of course setting is a different question, so she did not say. Hence check carefully. They will sell things of this quality, at prices like 18 800 RMB without a bat of an eyelid. Ok, small amount. But for some, it is not small money.

But you can complain, you can return and they will fix. To be honest, they are good in this respect. I have bought worse stuff where seller just refused to budge. Or just stated beautiful stone and then kicked up a fuss when I asked to return because it arrived with cracks (despite my asking 100000 times), like exportgems of ebay.

Pardon the fingernails. I have been using indigo on my hair.

Jade pendant 1.jpg
Jade pendant 2.jpg

Last edited:

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks so much @ChaiK

This is all very very very useful to know.

After hearing from you I'm paranoid now:cry2:

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Honestly for pricier things (18800 rmb to me IS pricey enough. It's not a few hundred us/au buckaroos), best to get the cab unset. So you know what you are getting and if any flaws are hidden or colour enhanced with backing. Mo right no wrong but you should know what you are paying money for.

My jeweller taught me the above.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results