Brilliant_Rock
Premium
mellow, it looks quite mottled to me.

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
what about this one?

HUGE and a tad over budget but huge

Splotches though.....although I love my lavender and thats splotchy so....... words of wisdom please

mmexport1548910395917.jpg

mmexport1548910379015.jpg

ChaiK

Brilliant_Rock
Someone come to Australia!!! You can't visit my house cuz it's a dump and I ain't letting you near it but I'll take you to lunch and we can laugh at expensive jade in the CBD together!

I miss buying so much I don't have the heart to stop those who can @Burmesedaze

Although aren't they in a shut down right now?

That is so sweet. Who cares if house is a dump? We are only neat because we happen to have one huge room as the dump room. You are kind and clever and funny. And every time you post, it shows your kindness. So there.

ChaiK

Brilliant_Rock
what about this one?

HUGE and a tad over budget but huge

Splotches though.....although I love my lavender and thats splotchy so....... words of wisdom please

mmexport1548910395917.jpg

mmexport1548910379015.jpg

I don't know price. But is it high? For me, I am a high domed person. Must be high domed. And actually, looks like not very glowy.

And the colour streaks - I can tell you that I love colour streaks and mossy types. And streaks sometimes don't bother me, if water and glow is there. Must have a glow. Like my hulu ring. That is the glow I want. Or Burmesedaze's cabs. Really, if they have flat no glow colour, it will look like a dead chrysoprase.

I am no expert. I am also v. bad. I just see oh, high price, I better buy. Dumb way to do it. But it works 90% of the time. As @_AV who says, they must love me for being like this (plus I never return, because I love them all, defects and all). V bad. But this year, really, if not happy, I return! My new resolution. So I not buying any at the moment....

Last edited:

ChaiK

Brilliant_Rock
Guys I need help since I'm going to start my search. I'm ruining things by you guys durst before I ask for extra info.

Is this too milky in the middle?

I want a big, thick stone so I need to make sacrifices. This is within budget.

Screenshot_20190131-154357.jpg

If you see any big non spicey greens around this price please tell me! No livestream cuz I don't play on livestream.

This one looks good even if splotchy. But I am a don't mind splotchy person, if colour and high domed and got water. Price is good. Just check normal daylight pics.

Last edited:

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@ChaiK

The big one with the splotch is approx 20000 rmb

I am speaking to number 5 and she is quite nice. She didn't say in so many words but I do not think she likes the giant one. The giant one is like 22mm by 19 mm and fairly high domed! Also converts to a pendant! She doesn't sound that keen on it which makes me wary.

She sent me a cryptic message saying "You have time. Must love it. I update every day"

I am taking it as a hint! I do like it but I wonder how blotchy the blotches are. I LOVE my lavender and that is bloody blotchy but the colour is lovely.

And it's so BIG! I can't get big for my budget without sacrifice I reckon!

Arghhhhhhh *wails*

Haha I am MESSY! LIKE MESSY! I tell people I am messy and they wave me off (everyone assumes I exaggerate) then when they do come over they get a shock (I can see their shocked faces but they try to hide it). Fortunately most people I meet are very nice so no one has held it against me and my house hasn't deterred anyone from being friends (I think they understand the chaos as they get to know me)! But believe me when I say it is a DUMP!

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade
@ChaiK

I am speaking to number 5 and she is quite nice. She didn't say in so many words but I do not think she likes the giant one. The giant one is like 22mm by 19 mm and fairly high domed! Also converts to a pendant! She doesn't sound that keen on it which makes me wary.

She sent me a cryptic message saying "You have time. Must love it. I update every day"

I am taking it as a hint! I do like it but I wonder how blotchy the blotches are. I LOVE my lavender and that is bloody blotchy but the colour is lovely.

Arghhhhhhh *wails*

Haha I am MESSY! LIKE MESSY! I tell people I am messy and they wave me off (everyone assumes I exaggerate) then when they do come over they get a shock (I can see their shocked faces but they try to hide it). Fortunately most people I meet are very nice so no one has held it against me and my house hasn't deterred anyone from being friends (I think they understand the chaos as they get to know me)! But believe me when I say it is a DUMP!

Oh don't worry. I am worse. My rental apartment has 3 bedrooms, a storeroom and an uninhabited helper's room and they are all full of stuff. 1 person's stuff. Mine.

I think you should wait it out. Or task me to buy for you in JY!

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Stop buying. Come visit me. And Jieyang. Honestly, at the moment she can't take Paypal anymore and that has saved me a lot.

Mid April. JY!
Heh I was in London for hols last year and year before last. Don't know what else to do if I go again this year.

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Did you hear me???

Yes mam I did! Lol

But but but they are such good buys!

Let's see how long I last. The usual night broadcaster has gone on leave though someone else will broadcast on the interim. I like the rapport with her and she also knows my expectations. Unlikely I'd get anything unless it's something I'm dying to have.

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What are you getting for yourself in JY @Burmesedaze?

Surely you have hit all the jade goals already!

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade
She needs a huge kahuna royal purple cab one ring.

Absolutely. Plus matching earrings.

Decent glassy ring and upgrade to my earrings.

More muna greens.

Scenery pendants to rule them all.

See. Short list.

ChaiK

Brilliant_Rock
Absolutely. Plus matching earrings.

Decent glassy ring and upgrade to my earrings.

More muna greens.

Scenery pendants to rule them all.

See. Short list.

I said ONE item. Ahem.

ChaiK

Brilliant_Rock
@ChaiK

Arghhhhhhh *wails*

Number 5 really very nice and sincere. I love dealing with her. Even after the blip.

And she always has what J has, plus more, at much much better prices.

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Number 5 really very nice and sincere. I love dealing with her. Even after the blip.

And she always has what J has, plus more, at much much better prices.

Ahh let me update you! No. 5 basically nixed all the pics I posted (for good reason each time) so I will keep looking.

Hehe makes me think my judgement is suspect! I will keep looking!

There was one ring which she did approve of for its price (big domed, good size, great water, green could have been brighter though) but I reckon I will wait and spend a bit more to get one "perfect for me" ring.

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Guys cotton in jade is bad right?

On another note:

I LASTED A MONTH!!!!! WOOT!!!!!!!!

It means a lot of clouds within. Too big and not nicely spread out. Hence cotton.

But small snowflakes or some floating greens are good. Some material from certain mines are also naturally inclined as such but they should not be visually unappealing.

Some cotton within could also indicate dry parts and they may actually look more obvious over time. Don't know the chemical term but my jeweller said so. Dry parts avoid. Unattractive over long period of time and can be more white parts.

ChaiK

Brilliant_Rock
I think here is cotton jadeite. These don't do it for me.

But I do like Hetian jadeite. Like a huge piece of fat. All white very dense opaque white some with orange and brown streaks and very smooth. These I like. I don't own any hetian jade. Yet. But If I was to get, I would get a fat white bangle with streaks of brown or black or orange.

So I think it is a question of taste.

Cotton jadeite.jpg

Last edited:

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Glutinous texture so these opaque whites are normal esp since thick grain.

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Oh 1 more JY goal.

Nice expensive donut either glassy type or something poetic like this.

Screenshot_20190131-182138_WeChat.jpg

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade
More goals so perimeters are defined. But if I don't meet them all it's fine.

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Guys cotton in jade is bad right?

On another note:

I LASTED A MONTH!!!!! WOOT!!!!!!!!

Like these 2 donuts I bought. Inclusions are cotton. But nice pattern and I think this material from this mine is like that. Personal taste. I'm ok if it's like that.

Anyway I should get to see my schtuff late next week so I will know for sure. 20190121_002206.jpg 20190122_175130.jpg

prs

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
You ladies are hilarious!

Please forgive me for not liking each and every post!

ChaiK

Brilliant_Rock
Cotton jadeite.jpg

Ok. Just a thought regarding cotton.

Now, if you see picture and it looks like a piece of mucous or phlegm coughed up when ill, then the cotton is awful and you avoid.

So this pair of cotton jadeite gives me those vibes. Therefore, I would avoid. For me.

Nothing professional. Just a gut feeling and those vibes I get. Again, very bad way of buying. But I love all that I have bought, good or bad.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results