carat
color
clarity

Specific Gravity of Grade B Jadeite

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh dear @ChaiK

Can you track the parcel? Mine had tracking and was signature only.

On another note the pendant is beautiful and the cab on top is green!!!!!

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade
:cry2::cry2:The other two green pendants were sent out on 19 Jan. This one on 24 Jan.

Sick with worry. There has been a recent hike in crimes around my area. Not very normal.

I have never in all my time of buying jewellery, ever lost one through the post. Except for a pair of bangles earlier on.

And last week, we were almost burgled. A video of the burglars that were captured on camera showed them discussed returning again when my daughter would be in alone. It left me terrified, that they would know so much about us, when we would be in, etc.

And, I have noticed on my profile on Pricescope, some odd photocopy flyer person is following me.

These are bad times.

Omg please be careful and my best wishes to you and your family too on this. They send EMS. Get the tracking number and check online.

Duyen

Rough_Rock
Hello everybody,
Ok, now that I am back from Borneo and fully recovered from the jetlag I can post an update of the bangle I bought from shop 2.
First, let me clarify that contrary to some personal preferences in this thread, my priorities were color first and then translucency, this first jade big buy being a way to relate myself to my birth country - sweet memories of my mother wearing her apple green jade bangle as a full part of her body.
As a summary, you were absolutely right @ChaiK, this bangle was so highly priced because of its color, a vivid green that fills me with happiness as soon as I catch a glimpse of it. It is translucent, but on the glutinous rice side.

Here are the pictures :
> bangle alone, indoor with natural light conditions, on a bright though cloudy day :
EDF7E0FA-D21F-4C57-8B20-7D93F57863FB.jpeg 76623321-63D8-436A-BEA6-0EB71EC2A8F0.jpeg

> bangle worn on hand, same lighting conditions as above :
0B610D53-14E7-49E6-89EC-C45E8921B97E.jpeg 2FC09BED-BED8-49E2-ABEF-75C719909DEB.jpeg

> bangle worn, indoor with natural light conditions, on a more cloudy gloomy day :
01EA6C81-BC69-44CE-90C1-CC57418D56DA.jpeg C03785CE-3A6B-4793-A3AD-50864C1EEC93.jpeg

Sorry I cannot take any proper picture showing its translucency. But I hope that the ones I post here show you how the green is vivid and lively, slightly changing colors depending on the light conditions, the green being even greener as can be, when under incandescent bulb lights. I guess that this is only possible thanks to its translucency.

All in all, if you are after colored jade, go for real real, even exaggerated tone of the color you are after, because the color in real life will be some tones lighter than the pictures they post in their WeChat feed.
Here below as a reminder, the picture they used on WeChat :
05563F61-DB9D-4CD6-9DB9-AC027A5B8AD7.jpeg

I am so happy this was the option I chose - and I cannot thank you enough@ChaiK for your detailed feedback and help on this, some weeks ago.

Duyen

Rough_Rock
Thank you. Let’s see.

OMG
Please, keep us informed.
I hope everything goes well, and that this is only mere delay from postal services.

suzanne2

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Oh Chaik, It's awful that you are afraid. I've noticed you are posting less and I'm guessing that's why. I'm sad, because I really enjoy your laughter. As an aside, how do you know who is following you on PS? I looked, and all I could see was those that I follow (only one, Phoenix, cause I luv her...). I'd actually forgotten there was such a feature.
Anyway, your pendant is neat, all of the carving looks so delicate. I'm sure the others will show up soon, if not then Main lady will have to refund, no? Plus, f**k those evil burglers. I hope they go to jail forever. Me, I live in Texas, the land of big dogs and big guns...no fear here. :dance: Come visit. I've already asked Seaglow, now I need to include ALL of my PS friends.

suzanne2

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Hello everybody,
Ok, now that I am back from Borneo and fully recovered from the jetlag I can post an update of the bangle I bought from shop 2.
First, let me clarify that contrary to some personal preferences in this thread, my priorities were color first and then translucency, this first jade big buy being a way to relate myself to my birth country - sweet memories of my mother wearing her apple green jade bangle as a full part of her body.
As a summary, you were absolutely right @ChaiK, this bangle was so highly priced because of its color, a vivid green that fills me with happiness as soon as I catch a glimpse of it. It is translucent, but on the glutinous rice side.

Here are the pictures :
> bangle alone, indoor with natural light conditions, on a bright though cloudy day :
EDF7E0FA-D21F-4C57-8B20-7D93F57863FB.jpeg 76623321-63D8-436A-BEA6-0EB71EC2A8F0.jpeg

> bangle worn on hand, same lighting conditions as above :
0B610D53-14E7-49E6-89EC-C45E8921B97E.jpeg 2FC09BED-BED8-49E2-ABEF-75C719909DEB.jpeg

> bangle worn, indoor with natural light conditions, on a more cloudy gloomy day :
01EA6C81-BC69-44CE-90C1-CC57418D56DA.jpeg C03785CE-3A6B-4793-A3AD-50864C1EEC93.jpeg

Sorry I cannot take any proper picture showing its translucency. But I hope that the ones I post here show you how the green is vivid and lively, slightly changing colors depending on the light conditions, the green being even greener as can be, when under incandescent bulb lights. I guess that this is only possible thanks to its translucency.

All in all, if you are after colored jade, go for real real, even exaggerated tone of the color you are after, because the color in real life will be some tones lighter than the pictures they post in their WeChat feed.
Here below as a reminder, the picture they used on WeChat :
05563F61-DB9D-4CD6-9DB9-AC027A5B8AD7.jpeg

I am so happy this was the option I chose - and I cannot thank you enough@ChaiK for your detailed feedback and help on this, some weeks ago.

Isn't it funny how each of us choose different styles? It's as if there are millions of us...:lol: I adore that color! It's my holy grail color, in a clear cab. It's gorgeous! Congratulations!!!

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Omg @ChaiK that's terrible. Hope everything works out.

@suzanne2 you live where Whiteflash is!!!! I'm jelly! I live in a rough looking street but the people have a heart of gold. The bloke across the road sees EVERYTHING!

Once my son asked me to punch him in the stomach on the front lawn to demonstrate his tough belly (6yo with abs) and I was like "Umm not with all the neighbours on their front porches kiddo"

@Duyen it's beautiful!!!! Omg the colour is divine!!!!! I was going to buy a cheap but after that colour I think I'll just peace out and not bother with a bangle at all if it's going to be insipid.

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Bought this pair of muna green cabs. Slightly larger than 10x8x4mm. Wonder if my 2 big cabs bought in Myanmar are the same material. Same open happy green as grain. Will know when I get them.

Ok I'm halting all future purchases. Can get them when I visit Jieyang.

Screenshot_2019-01-28-20-49-28.png Screenshot_2019-01-28-20-51-56.png Screenshot_2019-01-28-20-45-39.png Screenshot_2019-01-28-20-50-00.png Screenshot_2019-01-28-20-48-51.png Screenshot_2019-01-28-20-45-51.png

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Tried to do a collage but obviously different cameras and light sources.

Pretty stoked with the pair. There was a similar but slightly smaller by samee seller a week or 2 ago that I wanted but the buyer said she discussed it first so fine, I passed on it and remarked to the seller a bigger pair next time for me pls. This appeared tonight and was really slightly bigger than the old pair. From same rough, recently cut, different part, supposedly better in quality too. Same price as the old pair after some nego since I've bought several items from the same seller time and time again :D

If they are really the same mine and close enough in colour and texture, it'd be a nice suite to have. Earrings, ring and pendant! Without paying a matching suite's premium!

190129_001914_COLLAGE-1.jpg

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Oh Chaik, It's awful that you are afraid. I've noticed you are posting less and I'm guessing that's why. I'm sad, because I really enjoy your laughter. As an aside, how do you know who is following you on PS? I looked, and all I could see was those that I follow (only one, Phoenix, cause I luv her...). I'd actually forgotten there was such a feature.
Anyway, your pendant is neat, all of the carving looks so delicate. I'm sure the others will show up soon, if not then Main lady will have to refund, no? Plus, f**k those evil burglers. I hope they go to jail forever. Me, I live in Texas, the land of big dogs and big guns...no fear here. :dance: Come visit. I've already asked Seaglow, now I need to include ALL of my PS friends.

I need to visit you and my old college friend who married an American, has 2 kids and lives in Texas!

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade

@suzanne2 you live where Whiteflash is!!!! I'm jelly! I live in a rough looking street but the people have a heart of gold. The bloke across the road sees EVERYTHING!

Once my son asked me to punch him in the stomach on the front lawn to demonstrate his tough belly (6yo with abs) and I was like "Umm not with all the neighbours on their front porches kiddo"

@Duyen it's beautiful!!!! Omg the colour is divine!!!!! I was going to buy a cheap but after that colour I think I'll just peace out and not bother with a bangle at all if it's going to be insipid.

Mellow, get that one big really green expensive item! You will never. Ever. Regret buying that. Never.

Plenty of small stuff you likely will. You can get small stuff anytime but not good big green things that are running scarce!

ChaiK

Brilliant_Rock

Thank you, Suzanne. Anytime you are in London, do come round.

I just checked my profile and it said I had a follower called flatratephotocopier. So I clicked on ignore and now, upon checking, I can see that he/she is no longer a member. After the attempted burglary.

Anyhow, we have a new alarm system that pulls out all the bells and whistles and I hope it will make everything better. It is the alarm system by Verisure. Not sure if it is good but we did shop around for one. And we thought it looked the best. Fingers crossed.

I hope the pendants arrive in the next few days. Will post pictures then.

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade

I just checked my profile and it said I had a follower called flatratephotocopier. So I clicked on ignore and now, upon checking, I can see that he/she is no longer a member. After the attempted burglary.

Anyhow, we have a new alarm system that pulls out all the bells and whistles and I hope it will make everything better. It is the alarm system by Verisure. Not sure if it is good but we did shop around for one. And we thought it looked the best. Fingers crossed.

EMS tracking https://www.ems.post/en/global-network/tracking

Duyen

Rough_Rock

Thank you @mellowyellowgirl !
I share the same advice as Burmezedaze’s : do not go for second best even if this is to help you bide your time, stay focus and dedicate the full budget to the one and only bangle that you crave for.
I am trying to apply this recommendation onto my next purchases too : if I want something, I now try and resist the temptation to buy anything because it is cheap, though not quite what I am after.
Regarding pendants for example, I am going big and thick and really really nice color and then translucency - and I know that this is my own and personal choice.
Thanks to reading this thread, I managed to be clear about my priorities. At least for the first big buys.
Surely thereafter, I may diversify with translucency first.

Duyen

Rough_Rock

OMG it sounds so creepy, this story about a burglar lurking online at your posts with the hope of striking at the « right » moment !!

suzanne2

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I want a follower!!! LOL
Burmese, bring it on!! You would need to narrow down the addresses, it takes 12 hours to drive across Texas lol. Mellow, we could visit WF every day!
OMG, that sounds so ENGLISH! Thank you! Wouldn't you be surprised if I showed up??!! :eek-2::eek-2: :eek2::eek2: :lol-2:

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I want a follower!!! LOL
Burmese, bring it on!! You would need to narrow down the addresses, it takes 12 hours to drive across Texas lol. Mellow, we could visit WF every day!

OMG, that sounds so ENGLISH! Thank you! Wouldn't you be surprised if I showed up??!! :eek-2::eek-2: :eek2::eek2: :lol-2:

Lol she's somewhere in Houston when I last checked.

ChaiK

Brilliant_Rock
I want a follower!!! LOL

Nope. We keep the house very tidy. Just in case. We all hang out in one terrible huge room at the back. Everything else is super pristine, just in case someone shows up. My husband has this idea that it would be super embarrassing for someone we know to show up suddenly and we look like we are living in a sty (which we do, but it is all contained in one room). My mother-in-law had this habit of doing that, just to check on me. So nowadays, even if she does not come round anymore, I am super regimental.:roll2: I play this game well. The only problem is, you would need some sort of code or something before I approve your entry. Am so wary and cautious nowadays.

I checked on EMS. It looks like it is still in Coventry. Am calling them tomorrow.

I hope things improve. I am so anxious nowadays. I am not in the mood to even enjoy my gems or show them.

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Mellow, get that one big really green expensive item! You will never. Ever. Regret buying that. Never.

Plenty of small stuff you likely will. You can get small stuff anytime but not good big green things that are running scarce!

I'm totes taking your advice so extending my ban until end of Feb.

I'm aiming for 2 things this year. One will be the cab. Ideally around $2500 usd. I've been keeping track of prices and already know I'm going to have to sacrifice something.

The only thing I can't help myself on are crazy earrings!!!!! I wear a different pair every day so they are totally justifiable.

@ChaiK oh you poor thing. It's a terrible feeling to feel unsafe in your own home.

My home looks like a hurricane went through it! The front yard alone is full of junk!

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Added a different scenery pendant tonight. This is icy green in parts with snowflakes. Seller claims muna jadeite.

Screenshot_20190129-230119_Facebook.jpg 20190129_230531.jpg Screenshot_20190129-225513_Facebook.jpg 20190129_230540.jpg Screenshot_20190129-225029_Facebook.jpg

ChaiK

Brilliant_Rock
Oh, I just saw that. She was on LS. :kiss2:

And haha, the seller kept speaking dialect. I understood! My dialect. Good to hear it spoken.

He said if he sold it to you at that price, he would be beaten to death by...his wife? He didn't say.

Oh. Fierce. But he made me laugh. First time I laughed these few weeks.

Last edited:

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade
9B8E5A96-34EB-4E12-9EF4-D6329EEC5B2B.jpeg Some old pieces of Jadeite, do I need to fix it? thank you

They are utility jadeite, not of high value. I would leave them as they are. If getting them repolished is cheap in your country, maybe that will do.

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade

And haha, the seller kept speaking dialect. I understood! My dialect. Good to hear it spoken.

They say their dialect has influences of min nan yu (Hokkien as it is known in Taiwan). Haha.

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade
@ChaiK Do your sceneries from YY come with collection certificates by the carver? 3 of the ones I've bought on LS will come with them.

ChaiK

Brilliant_Rock
@ChaiK Do your sceneries from YY come with collection certificates by the carver? 3 of the ones I've bought on LS will come with them.

The first one that arrived yesterday came with it.

The other two yet to arrive. I don't know why but they are still stuck in Coventry customs. And that is how I lost a pair of bangles. At customs, someone stole it and the UK post office was supposed to investigate. To date, I have not heard from the post office regarding the investigation of those lost /stolen items. An unimportant petty crime so I suppose it gets swept under the carpet since insurers will pay out.

Last edited:

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade
The first one that arrived yesterday came with it.

The other two yet to arrive. I don't know why but they are still stuck in Coventry customs. And that is how I lost a pair of bangles. At customs, someone stole it and the UK post office was supposed to investigate. To date, I have not heard from the post office regarding the investigation of those lost /stolen items. An unimportant petty crime so I suppose it gets swept under the carpet since insurers will pay out.

Could I see the cert pls? Curious to see what they issue from YY.

Are you able to call Coventry to check? My first EMS parcel was weird. Address everything written correctly but they said unsuccessful delivery. I called up local post to check. They are unable to divulge address written to me so they claimed. So I countered with ME giving you the ADDRESS. Otherwise if like you said address is wrong you can attempt delivery 20x and it's to the wrong address. Note that photo from YY shows all correctly written. Obviously they didn't even bother calling the phone numbers on the form. That got sorted out in the end.

So it may well be a system glitch or data error.

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade

He said if he sold it to you at that price, he would be beaten to death by...his wife? He didn't say.

Oh. Fierce. But he made me laugh. First time I laughed these few weeks.

They exaggerate a lot :) quite drama but good fun. Of course they still profit. Since the rough doesn't just yield 1 item. But it's which item to sell that covers rough cost plus workmanship and gives you the profit. Then the rest they can sell without stress and without maxing profit.

Or they take a loss when they overpaid a piece of rough and it doesn't yield well, too cracky or doesn't hold colour. Then they sulk but it's part of the trade. Overall still make. Otherwise why still be in this business.

ChaiK

Brilliant_Rock
I stuck it all in the safe at the bank. Sorry. Just did that this morning And we have a brilliant alarm. Installed today. All very iron clad. Including the car. Has a steel bar across it. All today. I am terrified:knockout:.

But the other two, when they come, immediately I will post cert.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results