shape
carat
color
clarity

Specific Gravity of Grade B Jadeite

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade
That's a lot of variation in the green but still lovely. It looks older jadeite than biggie. But biggie gives more feels.

ChaiK

Brilliant_Rock
@ChaiK and Seaglow can I pick your brains?

Did either of you buy this style of earrings with the chain? I am worried the chain won't hold the weight of the earring. They look fantastic but the thin chain and heavy carving worries me. The fish are on a chain too but they are much lighter!

20190114_181339.jpg [/QUOTE]

Mine does not have the chain and measures 35 mm in length for the lace part only. It is attached directly ot the hooks.

Seaglow

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Would you say the big one is your favourite then @Seaglow? I think I am a bit of a sucker for a smooth green! They are all beautiful (the bargain bin one is fabulous for the price!!!!!!) but I like the new one best, especially in the indoors natural light pic. It's so even and looks perfectly emulsified! I really like that aspect of it!

@ChaiK and Seaglow can I pick your brains?

Did either of you buy this style of earrings with the chain? I am worried the chain won't hold the weight of the earring. They look fantastic but the thin chain and heavy carving worries me. The fish are on a chain too but they are much lighter!

20190114_181339.jpg

I like the boldness of the bigger one and the character. I guess from watching all the Ruyi and Yanxi episodes and other Chinese period dramas where everything is big and elaborate. Lol. But it really depends on taste. Smaller one has subtle elegance and many actually prefer the darker color. If I make a poll with 2 pendants side by side irl, it will be most likely be split results.

On the lace, the chain holds. I bought one and gifted it to someone and it’s fine so far.

Seaglow

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
That's a lot of variation in the green but still lovely. It looks older jadeite than biggie. But biggie gives more feels.

The material switches color! It can be glowing with secondary yellow then shows a deeper green, then a lot of blue component on other lighting. I think gummy ones will have more chances of even color.

ChaiK

Brilliant_Rock
The material switches color! It can be glowing with secondary yellow then shows a deeper green, then a lot of blue component on other lighting. I think gummy ones will have more chances of even color.

This is why I love jade. It changes in different lighting. It is a different change from the crystalline gems such as rubies or sapphires when light hits it. The change can be ethereal one moment, to a pulsing green or maybe like it has clouds running across it, as if it is alive.

Of course I love ALL gems. I just happen to be in a jadeite moment for now.

Last edited:

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Speaking of switching colours I finally found a light that makes my lavender ring look bad.

Direct sunlight during sunset. Omg it was a hideous yellowing purple shade from the yellow sunbeams. Looked terrible!

Seaglow

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
This is why I love jade. It changes in different lighting. It is a different change from the crystalline gems such as rubies or sapphires when light hits it. The change can be ethereal one moment, to a pulsing green or maybe like it has clouds running across it, as if it is alive.

Of course I love ALL gems. I just happen to be in a jadeite moment for now.

It would be nice to have an even, glassy very bright green with no mottling but I guess these are all turned to cabs or the finer qualities a blank tablet.

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Random fact guys but Story of Yanxi Palace and Ruyi's Royal Love in the Palace were ranked 1 and 3 respectively in terms of online views for 2018 out of all the chinese dramas shown online in 2018.

I know people who didn't give two hoots about jade who went looking for jade (some real, some fake) after these series. Haha wonder if they have seen a mini boom in jade.

Seaglow

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
There is another Korean series “The Legend of the Blue Sea” that has a jadeite bangle as a focal point in the story.

On a different thought, hasn't anyone noticed that the diamond and gemstone specs and gold weight are not described in the postings like they’re there to support the main stone (jadeite)? And people basically just ask about the jade and never these things?

ChaiK

Brilliant_Rock
There is another Korean series “The Legend of the Blue Sea” that has a jadeite bangle as a focal point in the story.

On a different thought, hasn't anyone noticed that the diamond and gemstone specs and gold weight are not described in the postings like they’re there to support the main stone (jadeite)? And people basically just ask about the jade and never these things?

Yes. You must ask. I almost bought a purple cab but they told me it was zircon and metal. They sent 5 messages saying zircon and metal. They even typed these two words in English! I always confirm now. Close shave.

Last edited:

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I was a twit at first and got confused as to why some of the rings were super cheap but the "gold" looked a little "white" to me! Then I realised it was not gold :oops:

I look at the 18K and diamond symbol now but will check before I buy, if I ever buy again!

I do wonder what kind of sapphires they use. There are bright pink ones on my earrings. Hehe probably treated to death or something!

Seaglow

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I was a twit at first and got confused as to why some of the rings were super cheap but the "gold" looked a little "white" to me! Then I realised it was not gold :oops:

I look at the 18K and diamond symbol now but will check before I buy, if I ever buy again!

I do wonder what kind of sapphires they use. There are bright pink ones on my earrings. Hehe probably treated to death or something!

The temporary settings are quite common and occur a lot in Myanmar and the Thai border towns as well. The melees can be Burmese. For higher priced set items, it is usually diamonds, sapphires, and 18K gold but despite these materials, no specs mentioned. On my bin pendant, the diamonds were super small....they should not cost much as Chinese factories cut them.

I noticed the YY agents are a bit categorized. Bangles, Hetian, Stones in temporary settings, Stone lots, Finished goods.....but the agents mix the items a bit on their pages so finished goods pages can have items in temp setting and vice versa.

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Or buy the items in temp settings or loose and have them set.

Seaglow

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Or buy the items in temp settings or loose and have them set.

The temp settings look Burmese to me, do you think these are cabs from Myanmar and not cut by Chinese factories? I mean of course they can repolish or buy only the settings to highlight a lot but maybe also finer Burmese-cut materials?

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade
The temp settings look Burmese to me, do you think these are cabs from Myanmar and not cut by Chinese factories? I mean of course they can repolish or buy only the settings to highlight a lot but maybe also finer Burmese-cut materials?
Several of the descriptions say friend from Burma/Mandalay cabs.

So yes.

ChaiK

Brilliant_Rock
Opinion time. Does this look spinach green to you?
My biggest fear is to have dead seaweed pendant. One giant dead seaweed jelly. :knockout:
Translucent Spinach green pendant.jpg

Reactions: AV_

Seaglow

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
My biggest fear is to have dead seaweed pendant. One giant dead seaweed jelly. :knockout:
Might turn very dull in some lights.

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade

Floating green on ice can be like seaweed lol

Sorry doesn't look its worth whatever price it is.

ChaiK

Brilliant_Rock
Floating green on ice can be like seaweed lol

Sorry doesn't look its worth whatever price it is.

K. Listen to you.

I just am drawn to these glass ones with blue. Problem is, get it wrong and it will be awful.

But if I get it right, it looks wonderful, like that double headed dragon I bought from J. Very dreamy looking.

Reactions: AV_

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade
No night livestreams these 2 days :(

I'm still hankering after the 2 green scenery pendants, but the broadcaster reckons they are sold elsewhere by now. C'est la vie.

prs

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Oh, ChaiK, my mouth won't shut!! Wow, I have excellent taste. :eek-2:
You're not kidding!!! I was looking forward to calling you "The Dragon Lady" but I guess we'll just have to wait. :mrgreen2:

prs

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Ladies, a little help please. I came across this necklace over the weekend, it is GIA certified A grade. The cabochons are so translucent it looks like they have huge windows, for other gems this would be very bad, but I'm thinking that for jade it's very good. Am I right? Also would these cabs be described as icy, or glassy, or watery? :))

Icy Jade Necklace.jpg

ChaiK

Brilliant_Rock
@prs , I cannot see very well but I think these are highly icy.

Or maybe it is glassy.

Glassy would be very clear.

I once saw a description on YY's shop stating high ice low glass.

Last edited:

ChaiK

Brilliant_Rock
This is glassy

Screenshot_20190114-201128_WeChat.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results