clarity

Specific Gravity of Grade B Jadeite

ChaiK

Brilliant_Rock
Made up my mind. Not buying.

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have to laugh @ChaiK I swear they stand in that same spot for all the outside videos!!!!

I'd be curious if it does! Do keep us updated! I've always wondered if her more high end stuff goes as fast.

$2360 - uneveness of colour though

47045907_2192016720859074_8420165375286575104_n.jpg

$4338 So much water and 5mm but again slightly uneven colour

46952957_2191729824221097_2908586246949306368_n.jpg

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Made up my mind. Not buying.

I didn't feel you had enough passion towards it! You need to be excited if you're going to drop that kind of money imo!

Hehe I need to go shopping to get ingredients for Char Kway Teo and Chinese soup.

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade
The cheaper one that sold leans too blue in photos to be imperial imho.

The other chaik passed on with cloud means there are white patches within which are not always captured on camera.

ChaiK

Brilliant_Rock
@mellowyellowgirl

the picture above - more than 20K:eek2:

This one. There is a crack :cry2: All going along nicely. Then she said avoid. Cracked. Is bad luck. My mum said that too.
cracked ring.jpg

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
If the vendor is telling you not to buy you probably shouldn't buy!!!!

Where is it out of curiosity? Did she check and find it?

Bummer about the $20K one. hehe always $$$$ when no price! It is so pretty!!!!!

You'll find one soon enough! She posts so many a day!

*huggles my dear*

ChaiK

Brilliant_Rock
If the vendor is telling you not to buy you probably shouldn't buy!!!!

Where is it out of curiosity? Did she check and find it?

Bummer about the $20K one. hehe always $$$$ when no price! It is so pretty!!!!!

You'll find one soon enough! She posts so many a day!

*huggles my dear*

Thank you.

ChaiK

Brilliant_Rock
The cheaper one that sold leans too blue in photos to be imperial imho.

The other chaik passed on with cloud means there are white patches within which are not always captured on camera.

Ok, I don't feel too bad about losing out on the other one now. Thanks. Still searching. Am on a ban but bought a pair of jadeite studs. I really have to stop.

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ok, I don't feel too bad about losing out on the other one now. Thanks. Still searching. Am on a ban but bought a pair of jadeite studs. I really have to stop.

Pic!!!!!!!!

ChaiK

Brilliant_Rock
I feel terrible. But here they are. 8.2 mm long 6.8 mm wide 3.3 mm high.

I made her give me measurements of the cab only. So those are the measurements of the cab only.

Jadeite studs.jpg

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hehe I saw those and thought they were gorgeous! Haha you buying them is validation I have good taste! I also liked a few other things but I sat down and added all my spending so far this year with a calculator....yeah....not good! :lol::devil:

ChaiK

Brilliant_Rock
K, maybe return the earrings. Just stick to cab and three buddhas.......I hate myself today for waffling on the purchases. I must wear these blinders so I focus on the ultimate goal.

Last edited:

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
K, maybe return the earrings. Just stick to cab and three buddhas.......I hate myself today for waffling on the purchases. I must wear these blinders so I focus on the ultimate goal.

There there! Enjoy what you buy! No need to feel bad about it!

I think we all get distracted sometimes. I showed up in Singapore for a holiday and went home with a pink sapphire and light lavender beads. Totally not what I set out to buy (was only supposed to buy cheap rose gold earrings, didn't even buy any in the end) but I wear them heaps and they are a good addition to my stash.

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Still prefer loose cabs then you can see and inspect flaws so you know what you are getting.

I am off to Mogok tomorrow. Will also stop by the Mandalay jade market again, this time with my jeweller, on the return leg :)

ChaiK

Brilliant_Rock
Still prefer loose cabs then you can see and inspect flaws so you know what you are getting.

I am off to Mogok tomorrow. Will also stop by the Mandalay jade market again, this time with my jeweller, on the return leg :)

Yes. I did consider one of her loose cabs. But her loose ones are always pricey.

Oh, post pics of the market, please if you can. Always so interesting and full of colour.

Please, can you ask your jeweller, is it ok to throw jade away? I have really ugly ones. I could not possibly give them away. Really not very good jade. I want to bin them.

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Why not take it to those salvation army 2nd hand charity stores for them to resell?

Ok, not a work trip this time doo should have more time for photos.

Yes. Even in Myanmar, loose stones sell pricier than set ones. The latter are used to hide flaws and very often they just look better and richer in saturation/tone after setting.

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
127F8883-9961-42C1-A85B-993997F03B67.jpeg Not as translucent? But it glows? Is this good? Not buying just commenting.

ChaiK

Brilliant_Rock
Yellow bits of sapphire in setting. I think possibly irradiated sapphires. I missed a huge one yesterday:cry2:

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
If I buy I would buy a loose cab, don’t want to pay for the setting. :lol-2:
She has a few huge rings today, actually she has new stock like everyday...

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Her cabs are slim pickings and not as nice as the set stone usually.

One could yank the stone out and repurpose the setting.

I just don't have any access to jade where I am. The stuff is priced 3-5 times above FB stock.

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
Her cabs are slim pickings and not as nice as the set stone usually.

One could yank the stone out and repurpose the setting.

I just don't have any access to jade where I am. The stuff is priced 3-5 times above FB stock.

I hear you regarding prices. Someone did mention though when set it hides the flaws better and the stone will look better in a setting. Although not really my problem yet I am not looking for one.:mrgreen:

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I hear you regarding prices. Someone did mention though when set it hides the flaws better and the stone will look better in a setting. Although not really my problem yet I am not looking for one.:mrgreen:

I'm certain that's the case but I think quite a few of us don't have the fabulous access that other PSers have and there is no Crafted by Infinity or Whiteflash for jade so we kinda have to make the best of the situation.

I think for me at some point I settle and acknowledge that I can't get what others can for the same money. I saved $2000 AUD on my ring which is a miracle already. It was (even when set) superior to one that was quoted at $4000 AUD to me last year (the setting was probably worth a bit more on this one in all fairness but the stone was more olive and had no glow).

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yellow bits of sapphire in setting. I think possibly irradiated sapphires. I missed a huge one yesterday:cry2:

Aww you got a pic? There is an element of meant to be to these things as well!

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
I'm certain that's the case but I think quite a few of us don't have the fabulous access that other PSers have and there is no Crafted by Infinity or Whiteflash for jade so we kinda have to make the best of the situation.

I think for me at some point I settle and acknowledge that I can't get what others can for the same money. I saved $2000 AUD on my ring which is a miracle already. It was (even when set) superior to one that was quoted at $4000 AUD to me last year (the setting was probably worth a bit more on this one in all fairness but the stone was more olive and had no glow).

We can make a shopping trip to Asia but I feel like we’ll be like lambs to the slaughter...:lol:

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
We can make a shopping trip to Asia but I feel like we’ll be like lambs to the slaughter...:lol:

Hehe all I managed on my Singapore trip by way of jade was a string of very light lavender beads that PSers said were too light to be dyed (as in why bother) so likely A grade. Bargained my big bottom off and paid $400. I love them though and they look lavender enough in real life!!!

Actually I'm proud of those because Jasmine sells no such things at that price and they were big beads.

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
On another note you ladies reckon she'll ever have a dangly hair piece again?

I'm committed to that now! Pink Bandit said he likes my hair in bun and reckons it'll be fun with dangly bits. We back each other up on our bad ideas! :lol:

43518104_2117314214995992_5797254200811323392_n.jpg

ChaiK

Brilliant_Rock

Noooo....we would be so bad for each other. I am terrible. I keep getting distracted. My list:

1. huge huge cab. (am now thinking of 2...)

2. 3 buddhas (but I have just seen a yellow monkey....)

3. A pair of high quality green green green bangles (but I love the 1300 one @Lovinggems .....)

And along the way, I keep buying things not on the list even when I am on a ban. I am now looking at spinels to go with the jadeite studs I bought.....

Oh and I lost this yesterday (big, high and green :cry2::cry2::cry2::cry2::cry2::cry2:) Now nothing ever will match up to this, ever again :boohoo::cry2::cry2::cry2:.

She posted this at 2:46 am. I got up at 6 am. I texted her, messaged her whatever her and no reply and at 12 noon she replies to say sold.

Am so going to ban and focus on other stuff.
The one jade.jpg

Last edited:

pwsg07

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I don't know. She said this was good value and very very translucent. She said it was icy. I don't understand but I bought. How bad is that?

I have never owned or seen icy jade. This icy jade trend, it started and is super expensive. I don't know what icy means. But she kept saying icy icy no grey no cloud a lot of water is perfect and buy and she said USD1300. I got this feeling she got excited because she likes icy herself. So I was so confused I bought. Fingers crossed is nice.

She said this was way nicer and much much better quality than the lace I bought.

And Mellow, don't worry about the lace. It will come around again. It should.

Icy means transparency

Glassy is the best. I think icy is the second best transparency. But I have no idea how they grade the transparency

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My ring arrived!!!! I'll post the details here as this seems to be our latest jade thread.

I love it!!!! It's not fine grained (far from it, quite speckly) but it is undeniably lavender and not grey at all. Lovely colour and good polish. Cost was sub $1000 so for this budget I think I did very well. The huge dome is quite a treat!

Her sizing however continues to be the pits. I asked for 16.5mm to fit my ring finger and it only fits my middle finger so once again poor lil sis cannot wear it which is annoying. I was super careful about size instructions this time but I think they just don't get it. Not going to say anything though since it fits the middle finger nicely and at this point I'm convinced they operate under a different scale or something.

Ring is well made and tiny diamonds are actually very sparkly. The rose gold is also very rosy and on par with the rose gold tone from Whiteflash and Jeff Davies which I'm very pleased with. Their earrings RG tends to be more on the yellow side.

Hehe that's my full review!

Indoor lowlight
20181203_092723.jpg

Outdoors in shade

20181203_092744.jpg

Close up so you can see texture and speckly bits

20181203_092833.jpg

In the sun

20181203_092756.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results