carat
color
clarity

Specific Gravity of Grade B Jadeite

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade
When it knocks 2x in the same night???

IMG-2d876e211282382805d648aeb1434f9b-V.jpg IMG-c0dbf2cccd10679eca79c0186cda322f-V.jpg IMG-b9d8c60bedf1086d824eedc0806ef714-V.jpg

Duyen

Rough_Rock
Also got this blue hulu. Very different colour from what I've seen. I will send it to the local lab to test when I get it.

IMG-fbd91ea9c4db01be94e9c4d0c4f7337f-V.jpg IMG-2851f5904c9094bdb9bb0c8758ab6b1c-V.jpg IMG-33faca01de6e5535f1a7be23c2f7ccac-V.jpg

@Burmesedaze,
It was so fun to meet you there !
You are such an expert buyer, I am so impressed !
Unlike you, I was so focus on my google translate, itself, struggling to understand what the ladies were saying, that I did not have time enough to print screen my buys :wall:
Next time, I will do better ;)2

Seaglow

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
@Burmesedaze,
It was so fun to meet you there !
You are such an expert buyer, I am so impressed !
Unlike you, I was so focus on my google translate, itself, struggling to understand what the ladies were saying, that I did not have time enough to print screen my buys :wall:
Next time, I will do better ;)2

I was watching. I told @Burmesedaze for sure you’re on PS. Lol.

Seaglow

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Really, you have guessed it too @Seaglow ?
I would do a very very very bad James Bond girl re the discretion and confidentiality :oops2:

I had to rely on @Burmesedaze’s skills. But this batch nicely-priced for the goods offered.

Last edited:

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade
It was Seaglow that alerted me to you hahaha. Very good sleuthing work. Tonight was a rare one with very on the ball sellers and decent goods and prices. My jewellers also bidded for the items earlier in English.

Ok back to packing my luggage!

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade
It's ok, the Wechat person will send you the photos of the items you bought and the cards. But I bought so much and for various people like Seaglow and my jewellers, I need the screenshots for my sanity haha

Seaglow

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I also love ruyis. The rounded ones. Here’s what Burmesedaze bidder for me. I really wanted to check those dark blues.

Got an icy red orange butterfly and blue peonies.

2AA790D9-F42D-4B36-B640-677A88C8B2AB.jpeg DADF5F20-2152-4479-9548-59AC48549365.jpeg

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Duyen what did you buy?

@Seaglow LOVE those butterfly wings!!! Are you getting them to set it or you will do it with your own people?

@Burmesedaze I see a necklace!!! Can't wait to see it on you!

Duyen

Rough_Rock
It was Seaglow that alerted me to you hahaha. Very good sleuthing work. Tonight was a rare one with very on the ball sellers and decent goods and prices. My jewellers also bidded for the items earlier in English.

Ok back to packing my luggage!

@Seaglow you are amazing for having guessed so accurately !
@Burmesedaze good luck with your luggage packing. Have a safe trip back.

Duyen

Rough_Rock
@Duyen what did you buy?

@Seaglow LOVE those butterfly wings!!! Are you getting them to set it or you will do it with your own people?

@mellowyellowgirl I bought two green Ruyi. I will post their pictures here as soon as I get them.
I felt quite relieved when Burmesedaze told me that I had made good buys so far.
It has been since a couple of weeks since I had had my eyes on YY’s Ruyi, so I guess that I was ready today to pull the trigger, at correct price ranges.
You should join us, it is real fun !

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@mellowyellowgirl I bought two green Ruyi. I will post their pictures here as soon as I get them.
I felt quite relieved when Burmesedaze told me that I had made good buys so far.
It has been since a couple of weeks since I had had my eyes on YY’s Ruyi, so I guess that I was ready today to pull the trigger, at correct price ranges.
You should join us, it is real fun !

Haha nooooo I have to abstain until end of January for my fictional baby remember?

Also how are you guys setting these things? The thought of getting them set stresses me out!

Seaglow

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
@Duyen what did you buy?

Not sure yet. I have no use at the moment but thought it will make a good component for a future project. It’s a nice icy material.

There are also small blues that I will get if Burmesedaze finds them small. These are the colors of the blues if you flash a light on them. The dark blues are quite rare. Too few and far in between and also small. No bangles, no large carvings...the larger ones usually tend to be lighter or has a stronger green or gray modifier.

07E95013-2B57-4B12-9A7D-E3CC0DEE00A2.jpeg FFA8768B-8606-421A-B2E3-694C1232469F.jpeg

Duyen

Rough_Rock
Hi ladies,
What do you think of this bangle, at YY ?
0220D2D2-3A67-4DB1-9D48-9527C25C1482.png

0479E5C0-ED4E-49D0-BE5F-2E57CD8F2FFC.png

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The colour looks a bit insipid to me @Duyen but it does seem to have translucency.

Duyen

Rough_Rock
@mellowyellowgirl
I was wondering the same about the color.
But at 14500 RMB, I thought that it can be a very good value for money re the combo translucency / color.
Don’t you think so ?

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@mellowyellowgirl
I was wondering the same about the color.
But at 14500 RMB, I thought that it can be a very good value for money re the combo translucency / color.
Don’t you think so ?

I would personally sacrifice translucency for colour in a bangle but that's just me though!

I also worry that if their pics are showing this in the best light already, will it look even more insipid in real life?

A few weeks ago you guys vetoed a green cab ring for me, that looked dull in one of the vids I posted. I didn't bother posting other vids but some of the other vids made it look so bright and vibrant.

I'd worry if it was looking a little flat in these pics, will it look even more flat in real life. Can you ask for more pics?

Off topic:

I treated myself to a new Dyson fan (the child took ours when he was born as he runs ridiculously hot)! Now from $650 down to $315 AUD I think I did very well! SOOO HOT RIGHT NOW!!!!!! Trying to keep aircon off to save the polar bears.

Duyen

Rough_Rock
I would personally sacrifice translucency for colour in a bangle but that's just me though!

I also worry that if their pics are showing this in the best light already, will it look even more insipid in real life?

A few weeks ago you guys vetoed a green cab ring for me, that looked dull in one of the vids I posted. I didn't bother posting other vids but some of the other vids made it look so bright and vibrant.

I'd worry if it was looking a little flat in these pics, will it look even more flat in real life. Can you ask for more pics?

Off topic:

I treated myself to a new Dyson fan (the child took ours when he was born as he runs ridiculously hot)! Now from $650 down to $315 AUD I think I did very well! SOOO HOT RIGHT NOW!!!!!! Trying to keep aircon off to save the polar bears.

@mellowyellowgirl, you are right, I need to calm down and get focused on what my dream bangle should look like. Obviously, it will have a more vivid green than this one.
When I asked the shop 2 owner whether the color of that bangle was vivid enough, she merely answered « the video shows it as in real life », and sent me again the close up picture showing little grains on it (she obviously dislikes grainy jade).
I guess that this is the clearest « no » that she could afford.
Anyways, thank you Mellowyellowgirl for advice, I sincerely appreciate it.

Yeaaaah Dyson fans are super great !! Did you buy the telescopic round one or the oval ?

Duyen

Rough_Rock
@Duyen what did you buy?

Ok, I canceled the buys at the end.

Let me show the pictures :
• First ruyi, the one that attracted my eyes as soon as I connected to the livestream (I wanted a big apple green one), size 35.7x23.5x2.2mm, negotiated price 2000 RMB :
37499747-CAF1-40EB-B1C9-0BA86EB2B2A6.jpeg

I changed my mind afterward due to the surface looking grainy or badly polished, with something not « wow », and the very small thickness.

• second ruyi, I bought it because the price was a bargain to me, size 22.6x14.7x2.8mm, negotiated price 300 RMB :
6845CD5B-57A3-40E0-88F6-2AFC50E3A292.jpeg
I canceled this one too, saying to myself that I need to stay focus on my big big ruyi, instead of buying small second bests.

A consolation : this gives me good excuses to connect to the next FB livestream sessions :twisted2::wink2:

Attachments

• 1C1561FC-4DC6-4E78-9D30-D78C29981106.jpeg
    1C1561FC-4DC6-4E78-9D30-D78C29981106.jpeg
    195.5 KB · Views: 20

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love the color, and translucency. It kind of glows.
Is the oval shape what you are after ?

I'm not too fussed about shapes. Given the tight budget I think that's one of the things I can't fuss about.

Glad I bought a bunch of earrings! Aud tanked not soon after! More reason to go on a no buy.

I love the colour of your first ruyi but yes what is up with that polish. Are you sure it's not just dirty?

@Burmesedaze I'm going to count your #jadenobuy streak!!!!

ChaiK

Brilliant_Rock
Ok, I canceled the buys at the end.

Let me show the pictures :
• First ruyi, the one that attracted my eyes as soon as I connected to the livestream (I wanted a big apple green one), size 35.7x23.5x2.2mm, negotiated price 2000 RMB :
37499747-CAF1-40EB-B1C9-0BA86EB2B2A6.jpeg

I changed my mind afterward due to the surface looking grainy or badly polished, with something not « wow », and the very small thickness.

• second ruyi, I bought it because the price was a bargain to me, size 22.6x14.7x2.8mm, negotiated price 300 RMB :
6845CD5B-57A3-40E0-88F6-2AFC50E3A292.jpeg
I canceled this one too, saying to myself that I need to stay focus on my big big ruyi, instead of buying small second bests.

A consolation : this gives me good excuses to connect to the next FB livestream sessions :twisted2::wink2:

Maybe the grainy surface is because these are unpolished? She polishes them after you buy them. Takes a while. Results can be very fine after she polishes and waxes them. Depends. You can ask her about the polish and wax before you commit.

Still skiing.....

ChaiK

Brilliant_Rock
Hi ladies,
What do you think of this bangle, at YY ?
0220D2D2-3A67-4DB1-9D48-9527C25C1482.png

0479E5C0-ED4E-49D0-BE5F-2E57CD8F2FFC.png

Number 3 has bangles too. More than 10 000 rmb, but they look finer and icier. I have seen a batch of icy ones with floating flowers @ number 3. All too huge for me. But at 30 000 rmb, they do look good. I prefer colour and translucency and fine texture though. I am at the moment not a floating flower person.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results