shape
carat
color
clarity

Sparkly (modern) doo dad

Tonks

Brilliant_Rock
Prompted by a conversation earlier this week with @mrs-b , I realized that I never shared my everyday necklace with y’all, and I apologize! It is worth sharing. This is reminiscent of @mrs-b ‘s sparkly doo-dad, but different (white metal, necklace, modern rounds).

This particular doo-dad was a present from my husband last Mother’s Day (yes, not this one, the one before). He picked it out and bought it so I have zero details. I was pining for a solitaire pendant at the time, and couldn’t imagine wearing anything other than what I’d been lusting after. However...I absolutely adore this pendant, and I wear it constantly. It is made with modern round brilliants, and they are fiery. It is somehow perfect for both casual wear and dressier occasions, and it looks sleek and modern. It serves as an excellent compliment to my everyday jewelry wardrobe. My husband loves the round shape in such close proximity to my CBI studs, and I admit, it looks great with them.

So, here ya go, my very own sparkly doo-dad! I do not have specifications b/c hubby did not think to ask when he purchased. It is 14k white gold, with an unknown weight of diamonds (I think there are 16 stones, but it is really hard to count as they are all of varying sizes). I would have called it cobblestone because that is what Singlestone calls their style that is similar, but perhaps “doo-dad” has a better ring to it.

Indoors:
8F964B68-F02A-4365-8A46-FCDB46E7CA4C.jpeg

Outdoors, next to one of my 1.11 G CBI studs. I would say the stones in this necklace are fairly white. This also gives you a good sense of size.
F38B2E90-F245-471B-B10C-545D7AA63F5E.jpeg

Outdoors again. You can see my Submariner in this one, but I am not wearing my rings b/c we were at the beach. This necklace, my CBI studs, and my Submariner are my dailies. Plus my wedding set if I’m not covered in sunscreen.
19EA9075-FB44-4B42-8C04-8586E1B39F5A.jpeg

Including this one so you can get a sense of scale, and also how it looks with my studs. I wouldn’t have thought so many circles around the face would be good, but it is actually super flattering.
333D9CD4-8979-4550-A660-B1E68A7A83CF.jpeg

Finally, a video!

Outdoors:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love this and it looks amazbling on you! ❤️

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I need one of these! It looks beautiful on you!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Very pretty!!

cheers--Sharon

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow! Another interesting do-dad necklace! Looks great in both forms (OEC and MRB). Its interesting a piece can be done vintage as well
as modern and both look great!

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is gorgeous, @Tonks! It certainly deserves Sparkly Doo-dad status!

And it's really pricked my interest for doing one with MRBs!

Very beautiful! Thanks for sharing. :wavey:

1ofakind

Brilliant_Rock
It is very pretty and very wearable.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love it, thanks for sharing!

DK :kiss2:

DorotheaBrooke

Brilliant_Rock
This is lovely on you! The shape and length are very flattering. And of course the sparkle is fabulous! A perfect all-around piece.

mwilliamanderson

Brilliant_Rock
I love it and I love how the diamond placement is almost symmetrical but not quite! But can we talk about your ocean view? Two of my favorite things to stare at...diamonds and ocean.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Doodadelicious ❤️❤️❤️

Sorry. Couldn’t resist. :)
But it really is!

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock
I LOVE your pendant and your whole collection! The sleek, contemporary yet still feminine feel of your necklace and earring pairing is perfection! I think we are style cousins. :kiss2:

ps: Have fun at the beach! (I'm pining for having my toes in the sand!)

Last edited:

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think a certain sort of woman appreciates and enjoys a doo-dad. There's no reason for it except for an inherent love of things pretty and sparkly. Glad to be a part of this club!

Tonks

Brilliant_Rock
I LOVE your pendant and your whole collection! The sleek, contemporary yet still feminine feel of your necklace and earring pairing is perfection! I think we are style cousins. :kiss2:

ps: Have fun at the beach! (I'm pining for having my toes in the sand!)

Omg! What a compliment, @RunningwithScissors ! I have long admired your style, so I really appreciate the kind words.

We are home from the beach now, but it was absolutely lovely. A bit strange, as we didn’t go out to any restaurants like we usually would, but lovely nonetheless.

Tonks

Brilliant_Rock
This is gorgeous, @Tonks! It certainly deserves Sparkly Doo-dad status!

And it's really pricked my interest for doing one with MRBs!

Very beautiful! Thanks for sharing. :wavey:

I would love to see one that you create with MRBs, @mrs-b ! You have the most fabulous taste, and you are so creative. I’m glad you prompted me to post this. It has really brought me a lot of joy.

I love it and I love how the diamond placement is almost symmetrical but not quite! But can we talk about your ocean view? Two of my favorite things to stare at...diamonds and ocean.

Isn’t that fun? I really like how there are different size stones as well.

Yes, that ocean view was tdf. We were at the beach last week, and I am thankful it was last week and not this week, as the NC beaches just got hit with a hurricane. I hope the damage wasn’t too bad. It was so nice to get away for a bit!

This is gorgeous!!
I actually just received @mrs-b doodad and I love it. We can be doodad cousins. :)

Oh, yay! I’m so glad you got the beautiful sparkly @mrs-b doo dad! I know you will love it!

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That’s is REALLY pretty!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results