shape
carat
color
clarity

Spacer to protect pave donut on VC Emilya?

bem3231

Brilliant_Rock
Hi everyone...

I am currently getting my 2.7 RB reset into a Victor Canera Emilya halo a la frankie. I am in the process of finalizing my work order.

I really prefer the look of the Emilya with a pave donut as opposed to a plain donut. I am, however, getting a matching band and Victor has warned me that wearing the two together may, over time, damage the pave on my e-ring. I intend to wear them solo at times, and together at times. Like frankie, I was hoping that they would fit snug enough to keep them from touching.

I am wondering if, during the winter months when my fingers are smaller and they are more likely to touch, an ultra-thin platinum spacer would help to prevent cumulative damage? Or are there any other ideas that I could try?

Or, would I be much better off to just forego the pave on the donut even though I prefer the look of the pave donut?

For reference, here is frankie's ring, with pave donut:

[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/victor-canera-rb-halo-ring-my-forever-setting-finally.164262/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/victor-canera-rb-halo-ring-my-forever-setting-finally.164262/[/URL]

Here is susiemoo's Emilya, with plain donut:

[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/my-new-victor-canera-masterpiece-emilya-halo-meets-gog-h-a.172697/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/my-new-victor-canera-masterpiece-emilya-halo-meets-gog-h-a.172697/[/URL]

Any thoughts or feedback would be most appreciated! Thank you!

susimoo

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Bem,

Thank you for using my thread! It makes me proud to know my photographs have helped shape other PS'ers decisions. I know how much I have learned from everyone here!!!

I just wanted to pop in and say a couple of things about my ring, which is still making my heart flutter!!!

Now that it is Autumn/Winter here in Perth my ring, which was lovely and snug in the hot Perth summer is now much looser. This is due to temperature drop (obviously :bigsmile: ) plus because the ring is so fine. (Strong but fine, none the less)

You should bare that in mind. I have never worn a ring of these proportions before so I am only now realising the damage two rings, so fine, worn together could cause. I have yet to order my matching band as I do not want to hurt my VC in any way. I also do not want to wear a spacer (unless constructed by VC himself) as I fear it may "take away" from the Emilya. Indeed I think the rings are so fine to begin with, if a spacer was worn it may look like an engagement ring, wedding ring and eternity.

So currently I wear it on its own or occasionaly with a fine white gold band that I have, on days I feel I should look married. :lol:

I will decide in the next few months what to do about another band.

I will watch your decision with interest. Indeed you will probably influence me!!! :wavey:

bem3231

Brilliant_Rock
susimoo|1338353269|3205951 said:
Hi Bem,

Thank you for using my thread! It makes me proud to know my photographs have helped shape other PS'ers decisions. I know how much I have learned from everyone here!!!

I just wanted to pop in and say a couple of things about my ring, which is still making my heart flutter!!!

Now that it is Autumn/Winter here in Perth my ring, which was lovely and snug in the hot Perth summer is now much looser. This is due to temperature drop (obviously :bigsmile: ) plus because the ring is so fine. (Strong but fine, none the less)

You should bare that in mind. I have never worn a ring of these proportions before so I am only now realising the damage two rings, so fine, worn together could cause. I have yet to order my matching band as I do not want to hurt my VC in any way. I also do not want to wear a spacer (unless constructed by VC himself) as I fear it may "take away" from the Emilya. Indeed I think the rings are so fine to begin with, if a spacer was worn it may look like an engagement ring, wedding ring and eternity.

So currently I wear it on its own or occasionaly with a fine white gold band that I have, on days I feel I should look married. :lol:

I will decide in the next few months what to do about another band.

I will watch your decision with interest. Indeed you will probably influence me!!! :wavey:

Hi Susan!

Thanks so much for chiming in! And thank you for posting photos of your amazing Emilya! If it weren't for generous PSers such as yourself who take the time to post photos and a recount of their experiences it would make things so much more difficult for the many of us who are influenced by your wonderful pieces of bling!

Yes, the band and sizing issues are both holding me up. My finger size varies considerably from winter to summer, too (I just posted about this - Victor suggested an eternity band with a tiny gap that could be used for sizing, if necessary). Of course, as a lover of bling I would love to have the pave donut, however I realize that in real life this tiny ring detail probably won't be noticeable and a plain donut might be preferable. As your stunner clearly shows, the plain donut results in an equally stunning outcome!

I really don't know what to do. I wish that frankie could chime in about her experiences with her set.

Thanks again for your input, and I will absolutely keep PS updated on what direction I ultimately decide to go!

nomissjane

Shiny_Rock
princessfeedme|1338354664|3205962 said:
Have you considered commissioning a custom spacer? I saved this from LM's website and I'm sure VC can customize it to fit your ring.

custom%20spacer%20for%20pave%20donut%201.jpg

custom%20spacer%20for%20pave%20donut%202.jpg

ETA: Here's the link to the ring showing the donut http://www.artofplatinum.com/vault/cushion-cut-engagement-ring

I too am just so grateful for Frankie and Susimoo's detailed posts and photos.
I'm hoping to send my diamond over to Victor from Oz in the next couple of weeks for a reset into the stunning Emilya. I certainly wouldn't have felt comfortable about it had it not been for such detailed and informative posts, so thanks guys for taking the time to reply and help with the decisions.

I've been wondering about this idea myself as I really love the pave on the donut, but I hope to occasionally wear my wedding ring with it too.
This idea of a 'custom' spacer seems like a really good idea, I wonder what Victor might think about it. If he thinks it could work maybe he could make one for you at the same time?

bem3231

Brilliant_Rock
Have you considered commissioning a custom spacer? I saved this from LM's website and I'm sure VC can customize it to fit your ring.

ETA: Here's the link to the ring showing the donut http://www.artofplatinum.com/vault/cushion-cut-engagement-ring

Thank you so much for posting this idea - I am going to e-mail Victor about it right now!

TitanCi

Brilliant_Rock
^actually, thank YOU for posting this thread. ERD is making me setting with a pave'd donut and I also ordering the WB at the same time, so I was already worried about this too. Didn't realize most people were thinking the same thing. Now I know! :wavey:

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The pave donut is pretty, but for practicality's sake, and for durability, I would go with a plain donut like Susiemoo. Like you said, it won't be that noticeable IRL. And it will be much easier to wear a band next to it. Good luck with your decision!

nomissjane

Shiny_Rock
bem3231|1338389614|3206114 said:

Thank you so much for posting this idea - I am going to e-mail Victor about it right now!

Hey Bem,
I'm going to be watching here with interest. Can you let us know what victor thinks?

bem3231

Brilliant_Rock
nomissjane|1338414650|3206360 said:

Hey Bem,
I'm going to be watching here with interest. Can you let us know what victor thinks?

Yes, I can update! Victor said:

"Yes, that type of ring spacer would mitigate the damage. It curves around the donut and it evens the wear along the whole length of the shank of the ring. It would need to be custom made to your ring though."

I have asked for a quote. I'll let everyone know what I decide!

Another crazy idea that I had was getting one side of the donut done in pave, and one side plain - so I still get some bling, but can still safely wear a band. Does this sound ridiculous?

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
bem3231|1338423867|3206451 said:
Another crazy idea that I had was getting one side of the donut done in pave, and one side plain - so I still get some bling, but can still safely wear a band. Does this sound ridiculous?

I'm not the most anal PSer around here, but that would go against my base instincts.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
TravelingGal|1338424035|3206453 said:

I'm not the most anal PSer around here, but that would go against my base instincts.

Me too. I couldn't handle that. I would just get no pave on the donut.

princessfeedme

Shiny_Rock
nomissjane|1338414650|3206360 said:

Hey Bem,

Yes, I can update! Victor said:

"Yes, that type of ring spacer would mitigate the damage. It curves around the donut and it evens the wear along the whole length of the shank of the ring. It would need to be custom made to your ring though."

I have asked for a quote. I'll let everyone know what I decide!

Oh how I exciting that VC can do it!!! I can't wait to see what you decide. :appl: However, I vote against the half/half idea...makes me think of Two Face in Batman. No bueno :lol:

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
TravelingGal|1338424035|3206453 said:

Yeah, I'd say no to that. Plus then the one side of the ring that is constantly next to the wedding band will get all the wear and tear, and the other side will look much newer.

bem3231

Brilliant_Rock
Okay - I've totally abandoned any thoughts of a one-sided pave donut. Thank you for talking some sense into me. I'm sure Victor would have talked me out of it anyways!

I think I'm going to see what the quote comes back at for the custom spacer and take it from there... I"ll keep everyone updated!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results