shape
carat
color
clarity

My custom BGD eternity band!!!

sirbenson

Shiny_Rock
I shipped off my Grace e-ring and w-band to BGD to see about getting a custom eternity band made. The problem (for lack of a better word) with the Grace set is that it is super low so MOST eternity bands did not work with my rings. They were either too high or the wrong width and almost always sat against the e-ring prongs.

My first inspiration was a Ritani single prong eternity band. But then after getting feedback on PS, I was convinced that shared rpong was the way to go. My list of wants for this eternity band were pretty long: I wanted it to have the same profile as the Grace bands (ie same rounded-ness), the same height, the same width, wanted a shared prong band and from the bird's eye view did not want to see a lot of metal (in the way of a border around the stones).

Welllllll.....I just picked up my rings yesterday and I LOVE the eternity band. I think BGD really gave me what I asked for which is a good thing because I think what they made is the only option that would have suited what I had in mind. Also, the eternity band they made for me is (in my opinion) the best match for my Grace set. I'm so pleased with it!!!!

Here are some vendor photos:

set_0.jpg
sideview_2.jpg

You can see from the side view that the eternity band is made so that it does not rub against my prongs of the e-ring. Which is exactly what I wanted because I don't want my e-ring prongs chewed up.

Here are a few hand shots. Not the greatest, I just took them with my phone but here they are:

IMG-20120303-00810.jpg
IMG-20120303-00807.jpg
IMG-20120303-00818.jpg

It is so nice to have my original rings back nice and clean and polished! The set looks amazing together and I'm really glad I went for it. I was a bit nervous to do a custom job and just give the go ahead from viewing CADs but it worked out well in my favour. I can't stop looking at my rings! They looked fabulous this morning in my hot yoga class and also fabulous at PetSmart this afternoon--haha!

The only thing that I'm worried about is having to baby my eternity band since I went for full eternity. Will I have to baby it much?

Thanks to all who provided advice to me along the way during this project. SO glad I went for it and that I went for a full eternity shared prong band. Definitely a series of good decisions :)

Thanks for looking!

Lotus99

Shiny_Rock
It looks perfect with your other rings! I'm glad you were able to get exactly what you wanted.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Very nice! I love it and I think a lot of others will want one just like it because finding a diamond band to match very low profile rings like the grace is a mega challenge.

How big are each of the diamonds in your ring?

armywife13

Ideal_Rock
They look amazing together! I love your set :love:

sirbenson

Shiny_Rock
Dreamer_D|1330827344|3140249 said:
Very nice! I love it and I think a lot of others will want one just like it because finding a diamond band to match very low profile rings like the grace is a mega challenge.

How big are each of the diamonds in your ring?

I think Brian said he may carry it as regular stock for those that want an option to go with their Grace.

The rings is made with 33x 0.025 stones (1.8 mm). I insisted that it be the same width as my 2.5mm Grace bands and I think the finished product is about that. Visually they look to be the same width and I definately wanted that look, where all three bands are the same width. Also forgot to mention the stones are F/G.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Looks like the rings turned out exactly the way you wanted them! They looks so beautiful and sparkly - I'm impressed with the way the diamond band fits with the ering! I'm sure they will get several requests for this look.

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It looks great, they did a lovely job!

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Glad it turned out so well! Will you wear all three together as your go to set?

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It turned out beautiful! Your set is amazing :love: :love:

sirbenson

Shiny_Rock
mom2boys|1330832144|3140287 said:
Glad it turned out so well! Will you wear all three together as your go to set?

Definitely! I always felt like an eternity band was needed to complete my set so I plan to wear all three together all the time :)

Thanks everyone, so glad the project turned out to be what I had in mind.

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow! What a perfect match, gorgeous!

baby monster

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So pretty! Looks very proportionate with your ER & WB. Love how little metal is seen from the top view. Any side profile shots?

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
Looks perfect together with your other rings! :appl: Well worth the wait! I'm glad they were back in time and that it all worked out so well for you, in the end.

Very very nice!!!! :appl:

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love the clean look of your set. Its just beautiful!

alene

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
It looks great and matches your other rings perfectly! Enjoy it!

lewood

Shiny_Rock
Your wedding set is so beautiful! :love: Out of curiosity, I noticed you said that your Grace setting and band are 2.5 mm? Typically, that setting is usually made to be 2 mm...did you have Brian alter the width for you? I think I like the 2.5 best!

Also, do you mind posting a picture of just your e-ring and plain band? Thanks in advance!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Very elegant. Well done!

cheers--Sharon

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, looks perfect!!! The band fits alongside your ering so well, a really beautiful set!

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous wedding set. I love how well the eternity goes with your wedding and engagement rings. Beautifully made. :appl:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It turned out great! :love: I like it a lot better with your rings than a regular shared prong band.

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
It looks fantastic! Congrats on your gorgeous new ring and your beautiful set!

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
PERFECT. A gorgeous set. Lovely proportions and everything is perfectly complementary! Congratulations!

sirbenson

Shiny_Rock
Thanks everyone :) Thanks for all the kind words!!!! :))

Here are some more pics, one of my original set without the new band, one of the e-ring with just the new band and then some more side shots:

IMG-20120304-00834.jpg

IMG-20120304-00828.jpg

IMG-20120304-00825.jpg

IMG-20120304-00843.jpg

I hope that if there are other with a Grace set that had trouble finding an eternity band that they see this post and now know there is an option for some well fitting bling to wear along side the Grace set. I loved the clean look of my Grace e-ring and w-band but always wanted some sparkle to go with it and I think the set looks great with or without the eternity band, and especially great with all three rings together.

Calexand

Rough_Rock
Ooooh! I :love: your stacking!

sirbenson

Shiny_Rock
Calexand|1330895751|3140638 said:
Ooooh! I :love: your stacking!

Isn't it terrible that it crossed me mind to possibly, maybe, just a thought, sorta, kinda, add another eternity band to the stack? :lol:

I better not tell hubby that yet, lol.

Brownie22

Rough_Rock
Your set is so beautiful :love: ! I love how proportionate all the rings are.

Snooper

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful set!

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
It's beautiful!! Worth the wait :)

woofmama

Ideal_Rock
The rings compliment each other beautifully! Such a classic look. I love it.

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Great job. I think they should have paid you! ;-) As I'm sure that design will be bringing in the :$$):

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results