shape
carat
color
clarity

Songs that make you...cringe

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Celine Dion, I appreciate she can sing but can't stand her music.

DH listens to classic rock and to me AC/DC sounds like someone singing while straining on the toilet.

LOL! I just might watch her performance on DWTS tonight---my DH will be glued :)

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Haha love this thread @canuk-gal.

"Muskrat Love"
:knockout:

But I LOVE the band America. Just not this song.

And LOL this song my dh hates but I sort of enjoy it and cannot help tapping to the beat when it is played. "Loving you" by Minnie Riperton.
I know it's sort of an annoying song but I love it. :lol::lol::lol: IDK it's just a catchy tune IMO.:whistle:

I knew I liked your DH Missy!!! lol ;-)

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

sledge

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Last Kiss by Pearl Jam....like the song, but vocally -- ugh, they are all over the place. Of course, that said this is a cover song and the original vocals were of similar (crap) quality.

Pretty sure my morning shower karoake fans (fiancee, weiner dog and choc lab) would say I sing it much better than Pearl Jam or the Cavaliers. :P2

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lady In Red by Chris De Burgh, I just find it extremely cheesy!

DK :sick:

YES!! I do okay until the end when he whispers, "I love you..." *puke* LOL

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I can't stand any song where the vocalist does too many runs... or the exact same run at the end of each line. I don't know why I can't think of any right now - maybe I've blocked them all out? ;-) LOL

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
"You're Beautiful" (James Blunt)... I was okay with it the first 30 times I heard it, but I just can't take it now. I really don't care for his voice.

"Don't Worry, Be Happy" (Bobby McFerrin) makes me nauseas... literally a visceral reaction for me when I hear it.

Anything by Nickelback... especially dislike "Photograph" ...I mean, if you can't think of a word to rhyme with another, don't just use the same damn word again (huge pet peeve of mine).

sledge

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ugh. It's a total pressure to have sex song.

@sledge, I had forgotten about My Humps (my lovely lady lumps). Although I have to admit that I enjoyed the Alanis Morissette spoof of it...

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Speaking of spoof's.....

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Last Kiss by Pearl Jam....like the song, but vocally -- ugh, they are all over the place. Of course, that said this is a cover song and the original vocals were of similar (crap) quality.

Pretty sure my morning shower karoake fans (fiancee, weiner dog and choc lab) would say I sing it much better than Pearl Jam or the Cavaliers. :P2

No Nickelback in your shower repertoire? Please ask the pooches!!!

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Some of the bands/singers/songs named above I actually like (in small doses). "All About That Bass". Nickelback. Joe Cocker at times. But I have extremely eclectic taste. All I can say is that if these are the worst you can come up with you haven't spent as much time in the car with someone my daughter's age (26) listening to the rap music of her generation. I hear rap (no melody) then screeching (so-called hip-hop) with unintelligible lyrics, no melody, dreadful voices. There is rarely anything good on the radio. Lately I find myself hoping that "Havana" will come on. :))

AGBF

sledge

Ideal_Rock
Premium
No Nickelback in your shower repertoire? Please ask the pooches!!!

LOL, I manage to sneak a NB song in every once in a while. I have one of those cool shower speakers so I perform most mornings. This morning I was running late so everyone got jipped, or they were thankful. I'm going with the first. ;)2

After a long hard weekend, this was Monday's choice of poison. Kind of surprised as it's usually way more diversified. I normally jump all over the genre map.

Last edited:

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Anything by Maroon 5 makes me cringe. Something about the voice of the lead singer. My ears say ouch.

I love "Wake Up Call", but when I first heard it I had no idea what any of the members of "Maroon 5" looked like and had certainly never seen the dreadful music video that goes with it. What I imagined was a black man finding a black woman and a much bigger black man in his bed. (Adam Levine sounded black to me.) I didn't imagine tawdry sex; I imagined love, jealousy, and pure revenge. I wondered if the man who entered had shot his lover as well as the man with whom she was cheating. I loved the song immediately. I do not like any other Maroon 5 songs.

AGBF

Last edited:

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love David Bowie's music, but his lyrics are...whaaa???

"I wandered into town
Just like a sacred cow
Visions of swastikas in my head
Plans for everyone
You're in the way of my life."

I mean, seriously??

Mind you, I'll never forget talking about The Wall by Pink Floyd with my father after I went to their concert years ago, and him asking me to hum a few bars. I told him it wasn't that sort of song, but he insisted. When I started off with a helicopter impersonation, he said "Never mind."

Mandy, by Barry Manilow which was a re-make of Brandy by Scott English. For those of us familiar with the original, it was like nails down a chalk board every time he sang "Oh Mandy..."

That stupid pina colada song. That pair deserved each other.

Anything by the Indigo Girls. Those women are so INTENSE. Like - seriously ladies - go get some help and cheer up a little!

Anything by Kanye West or any rapper who's part of a 'clan'.

Madonna.

On the other hand, here's the video I'm crushing on right now. This dude is SO cool....

qubitasaurus

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
One direction's "what makes you beautiful" drives me a bit nuts, the lyrics are a logical contradiction

"Right now I'm looking at you and I can't believe
You don't know, oh oh
You don't know you're beautiful, oh oh
That's what makes you beautiful"

Justin Bieber also has one where he just repeatedy says 'baby' which always makes me feel a bit out of touch, I dont understand why people like it.

"And I was like baby, baby, baby oh
Like baby, baby, baby no
Like baby, baby, baby oh
I thought you'd always be mine (mine)
Baby, baby, baby oh
Like baby, baby, baby no
Like baby, baby, baby ooh
I thought you'd always be mine"

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@qubitasaurus -

I'll take that challenge and raise your Justin Bieber 'Baby' one Iggy Azalea "Mo Bounce'.

Possibly the least creative song of all time....which of course means that it's had almost 66 million views on Youtube.

sledge

Ideal_Rock
Premium
While there are certain things about the video that is nice, I'm not really sure rather to laugh or cry when I hear this one....

doberman

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ugh. "I kissed a girl" but basically anything by Katie Perry. I can't stand her autotuned voice. As a singer she has very nice breasts.

sledge

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ugh. "I kissed a girl" but basically anything by Katie Perry. I can't stand her autotuned voice. As a singer she has very nice breasts.

Agree on the voice. Ugh.

What really cracked me up was the breast comments. Reminded me of this, which will probably make others cringe as well so it seemed inappropriately appropriate. ;)2 :lol-2:

doberman

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Agree on the voice. Ugh.

What really cracked me up was the breast comments. Reminded me of this, which will probably make others cringe as well so it seemed inappropriately appropriate. ;)2 :lol-2:

Lol. Who is this guy? Rodney Carrington? I never heard of him but I don't know country music at all. It only plays in my husband's car.

sledge

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lol. Who is this guy? Rodney Carrington? I never heard of him but I don't know country music at all. It only plays in my husband's car.

He's a comedian that does some song spoofs like the previous.

FYI, if easily offended, don't listen...

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Anything by Journey... so so so overplayed on oldster or roadrock radio..

sledge

Ideal_Rock
Premium
If you like Rodney, you might enjoy Ron White too.

Speaking of country....many people know the name, but not all realize Toby Keith did some concerts for our soldiers. One of the songs got recorded as a bonus track...

sledge

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Anything by Journey... so so so overplayed on oldster or roadrock radio..

I don't listen to Journey much, but I do like a few of their songs. I used to like Don't Stop Believin' up until a few years back. I was probably one of the few that hadn't seen The Sopranos and decided to binge watch and figure out what all the hoopla was about.

First it was a phenomenal series IMO. But the ending used the Journey song to end it all. In so many ways, the ending scene was perfect. It also caused irritation. Sadly, not long after I saw this, the main actor, James Gandolfini, died in real life.

doberman

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't listen to Journey much, but I do like a few of their songs. I used to like Don't Stop Believin' up until a few years back. I was probably one of the few that hadn't seen The Sopranos and decided to binge watch and figure out what all the hoopla was about.

First it was a phenomenal series IMO. But the ending used the Journey song to end it all. In so many ways, the ending scene was perfect. It also caused irritation. Sadly, not long after I saw this, the main actor, James Gandolfini, died in real life.

As a true citizen of NJ I was heartbroken after it went off the air and I loved James Gandolfini. He lived right down the road from me for a few years. You haven't lived until you've seen Tony Soprano walking down the street in a bandana headwrap with a child on his shoulders.

When I was young I worked at a place that was frequented by the local goodfellas. They all had nicknames. I went out with them a few times after work to another restaurant. I was a good kid who had no interest in Peruvian marching powder and they were all perfect gentlemen. It was an education.

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Toby Keith's Get Drunk and be Somebody irritates me terribly. I like much of his music but a few of his songs are just too much. (Loved seeing him in person a few weeks ago!)

Talking like rapping in country. Anything that talks about having to drink/drug to matter or be any good. Anything that glorifies rape. (I don't remember the names. There were several I heard around school. Disgusting!)

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium
“I engjoy being a girl”, which is from an old musical “the Flower Drum Song”. The lyrics give me toothaches in all my teeth at once.
“He Hit Me”, from the 1960’S. Sung by a group called The Crystals. I can’t believe that Carole King co-wrote it. Thankfully, most of the radio stations in Philadelphia would not play it. The opening line is “He hit me and it felt like a kiss.”

Last edited:

sledge

Ideal_Rock
Premium
As a true citizen of NJ I was heartbroken after it went off the air and I loved James Gandolfini. He lived right down the road from me for a few years. You haven't lived until you've seen Tony Soprano walking down the street in a bandana headwrap with a child on his shoulders.

When I was young I worked at a place that was frequented by the local goodfellas. They all had nicknames. I went out with them a few times after work to another restaurant. I was a good kid who had no interest in Peruvian marching powder and they were all perfect gentlemen. It was an education.

I'm a little envious. Would have loved to bumped into James.

I've rubbed elbows with some other music greats. Garth Brooks, Trisha Yearwood and The Eagles. Met and hung with a few NFL players and movie stars as well.

A buddy is married to the sister of Steven Tyler's wife. He hung with him at the Super Bowl game in a suite a few years back. Love me some Aerosmith so I was always hoping for an invite. It never happened before his crazy wife went off the rails, lol.

Back on songs, I like this one but it used to enrage a girl I dated years ago. Like zero to pissed off immediately. Granted lyrics are horrible but beat was good.

Guess what song I played when she annoyed me? :whistle:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results