carat
color
clarity

Songs that make you...cringe

doberman

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@sledge
I love that song, but it's probably best you two broke up lol.

Sadly my contact with famous people has been limited to hockey players and figure skaters and I can't say we hung out lol.

sledge

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@sledge
I love that song, but it's probably best you two broke up lol.

Yeah, probably so. She was just crazy. But then again, crazy seems to really like me. :lol:

These songs are annoying in the fact they too accurately describe some different times in my life...

elle_chris

Ideal_Rock
Two immediately come to mind:
1. Never Gonna Give You Up - Rick Astley
2. I Would Walk 500 Miles - The Proclaimers

Gabbycat

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Anything Hootie and the Blowfish/Darius Rucker. He has THE most monotone voice I have ever heard, and I can't stand to hear him "sing".

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I agree with your hubby Missy..”Loving You” makes me cringe..When she hits the high note I have to brace myself..just awful..:sick:

sledge

Ideal_Rock
Premium

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
That duet with Janet Jackson & Luther Vandross. I think it's 'The Beat Things In Life Are Free'? The whole things makes me want to puke, but the bit in between verses where he says "yeah, Janet" and she replies with "ooh, Luuu-ther...." :shock:
:lol:

BlingObsession

Shiny_Rock
Premium
‘Every Breath You Take’ by the Police/Sting. It is just so stalker-ish. Downright creeps me out!

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@mrs-b Rick Astley was a surprise guest at a Robbie Williams concert I went to last summer. He's very famous over here in the U.K. & has been since the 80's. He does a lot of songwriting for other people & you'd be surprised at how talented he is. He has been friends with my oldest sister since college days, way before he was famous, and is just an all round good guy.

Check out 'Cry For Help' when you get a minute. His voice is fabulous :appl:

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@mrs-b Rick Astley was a surprise guest at a Robbie Williams concert I went to last summer. He's very famous over here in the U.K. & has been since the 80's. He does a lot of songwriting for other people & you'd be surprised at how talented he is. He has been friends with my oldest sister since college days, way before he was famous, and is just an all round good guy.

Yup. (but a gotta admit the rick/rolling meme is funny...)

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Yes, I agree totally with his voice being fabulous!

I've been listening to him since the 80's and the last time I listened to Cry For Help was, strangely, the night before last when I was listening to a bunch of his music. He's very well known in Australia also, very well liked, and always has been. He's a go-to for me. But his version of Uptown Funk is beyond. I LOVE it! I can't watch it without watching it 5 or 6 times. So good.

House Cat

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Anything..and I do mean anything by this guy.

This song would come on in high school and my cat would rush up to me and bite my earlobe

ABKIS

Shiny_Rock
Premium
katy perry - firework

I've walked out of stores if this song comes on. It makes me feel violent.

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lightning Striking by Lou Christie. I love the sound... and I think it would be a great pop song, but for those lyrics!

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
‘Every Breath You Take’ by the Police/Sting. It is just so stalker-ish. Downright creeps me out!

well... it IS a stalker song! and remember back in the 80's when this was a lot of people's wedding song:lol-2:

sledge

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow @House Cat, I've never heard or listened to Steelheart but I understand why your cat was so angry. Ugh.

Would agree on most the other stuff although I like the 80s hair bands like Poison and some Crue songs. Actually went to an Aerosmith concert where Crue opened for them and they had bikes, flames and hot chicks on the stage....imagine that....Girls, Girls, Girls.

One good thing about this era of music is it was more about sex, drugs and rock n roll in a happy way. Lots of modern rock seems to spin it negatively and depressing. Not condoning actions just saying the messages were happy is all. That concert was in Dallas and I'm pretty sure it would have made Cheech and Chong proud, lol.

As far as Kid Rock, he has two songs i like but I'm not his biggest fan either.

This one I like a lot because of the classic rock roots:

House Cat

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow @House Cat, I've never heard or listened to Steelheart but I understand why your cat was so angry. Ugh.

Would agree on most the other stuff although I like the 80s hair bands like Poison and some Crue songs. Actually went to an Aerosmith concert where Crue opened for them and they had bikes, flames and hot chicks on the stage....imagine that....Girls, Girls, Girls.

One good thing about this era of music is it was more about sex, drugs and rock n roll in a happy way. Lots of modern rock seems to spin it negatively and depressing. Not condoning actions just saying the messages were happy is all. That concert was in Dallas and I'm pretty sure it would have made Cheech and Chong proud, lol.

As far as Kid Rock, he has two songs i like but I'm not his biggest fan either.

This one I like a lot because of the classic rock roots:

My 13 year old son is going through an 80’s rock phase. It brings back too many memories. You’re right..lots of sex, drugs, and rock and roll. Here’s one that makes me cringe, laugh, and fits the bill!

qubitasaurus

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
@qubitasaurus -

I'll take that challenge and raise your Justin Bieber 'Baby' one Iggy Azalea "Mo Bounce'.

Possibly the least creative song of all time....which of course means that it's had almost 66 million views on Youtube.

Wow, that one is so bad it is actually funny.

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love the lush sound, but the lyrics...?

“He’s gonna pick that rose
and watch her as she grows
In his garden.

Yuck!

GlitterInMyHair

Brilliant_Rock
Let Her Go by Passenger.

I heard it at quite a few weddings when it first came out. Why??!! It's depressing AF!

"Maybe one day you'll understand why
Everything you touch surely dies"

asscherisme

Ideal_Rock
Anything with heavy dubstep. I can't stand dubstep. Anything by Chris Brown, Michael Jackson, or R. Kelly. I can't separate the music from the disgusting behavior of the artist.

There are more, but these are the first things that come to mind.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
This tread reminds me why 99.5% of the time i only listen to Bruce
My time is too precouse to listen to cr#p
5e21c18a5dceae9c29adfdeca6bdf2bc.jpg

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
His song "The River" is so powerful. I love it.

You know that was written about his sister and BIL
And they are still together :kiss2:

That's Gary's fav Bruce song if he had to pick on
That's the song, when i heard it on the radio i realized there was more to Bruce than Born in the USA and it made be explore the back catalogue
in fact the river was the first back catalogue album i brought
I had no idea what a true story teller he was

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I just avoid music I don't like, be it for the lyrics or for how it sounds.

People vary, music varies.
Clearly someone likes what I don't.
They probably don't like what I like.
No worries.
I support diversity and freedom of speech, even when IMO it is offensive.

What does make me cringe is when one of my minor guitar students brings in a song to learn that has lyrics about adult stuff that young brains are not adequately developed to exercise reason and good judgement on ... such as abortion, politics, smoking, drinking, religion, drugs, 'seks' violence, etc.
I always ask the parents whether we may work on such songs.

There is soooo much I find offensive in today's music that, once again, I'm glad I don't have kids to police and protect from the all the influences in today's world that I, as a parent, would not agree with.

Last edited:

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Fireflies, by Owl City

Human, by The Killers

So much cringing!

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
I'm Too Sexy, by Right Said Fred- it's just a crime that should never have happened.
Red Red Wine, as sung by UB40- okay the first couple of times and then, NO.
Unbreak My Heart, Toni Braxton- I don't really know why, I just don't like it.
More Human Than Human, White Zombie- just laaaame and all the kiddies thought it was so risque for the intro. and the eleventy billion yeahs he says.

Honestly there is an ocean of terrible music out there.
Turrible, turrible, muzak.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results