carat
color
clarity

Songs that make you...cringe

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

We've had a few song threads lately. I heard a song today that made me cringe...it always has. Any music evoke this kind of reaction for you? Immediately turn off or change the station (while driving?).

Am I allowed to post this? Will I get sued if I post a song I dislike? :cheeky::lol:

cheers--Sharon

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
There's some song where an androgynous repeats over and over again "I'm giving up on you." I cannot get to the dial fast enough on that one!!!

Bill used to hate one with a lyric that included "thataway"... Maybe "I like it thataway"? Drove him CRAZY!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Total Eclipse of the Heart. EGAD!

cheers--Sharon

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
There's some song where an androgynous repeats over and over again "I'm giving up on you." I cannot get to the dial fast enough on that one!!!

Bill used to hate one with a lyric that included "thataway"... Maybe "I like it thataway"? Drove him CRAZY!

I want it that way? Backstreet Boys??

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Singers with raspy voices.....eeek! Makes my ears hurt.
Joe Cocker, Kim Carnes, Macy Gray.....etc

OreoRosies86

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh god there's that one song but Train every time I hear it I want to scream. "Tell meeeee did you sail across the suuuunnnnn..."

Bron357

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh no, two of my favourite songs! Jupiter by Train and Say Something by Great big World :lol-2::lol-2:
My peeve is Love Shack.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lady In Red by Chris De Burgh, I just find it extremely cheesy!

DK :sick:

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
There is a Suzanne Vega song that doesn't make me cringe but it irritates the heck out of me. I don't know the name; I'll have to ask my DH and get back to you. She keeps repeating something like (ignore my spelling) du, du, du, du . . .

Tonks

Brilliant_Rock
There is a Suzanne Vega song that doesn't make me cringe but it irritates the heck out of me. I don't know the name; I'll have to ask my DH and get back to you. She keeps repeating something like (ignore my spelling) du, du, du, du . . .

Tom’s Diner!!! I love that song! (But in small doses).

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
There was a song that the radio wouldn't let go of... maybe a couple of years ago... only line I remember is "can't feel my face when I'm with you but I love it". I remember that because I remember hearing it, and being confident I'd misheard, and looking it up, and no, I hadn't misheard :eek-2:

Everything about it is just so thoroughly strange. Why can he not feel his face when he's with this person? And why is that a good thing? How did the songwriter even come up with this sentiment!?

I remember having the same reaction to the Twilight books. I made it through about a third of the first one. Wait, he's freezing cold... no-one who's ever actually had sex could possibly view that as a turn on...

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Haha, The Wknd--he's comparing being drunk with being with this person, kind of like being drunk in love a la Beyonce.

telephone89

Ideal_Rock
Premium
There was a song that the radio wouldn't let go of... maybe a couple of years ago... only line I remember is "can't feel my face when I'm with you but I love it". I remember that because I remember hearing it, and being confident I'd misheard, and looking it up, and no, I hadn't misheard :eek-2:

Everything about it is just so thoroughly strange. Why can he not feel his face when he's with this person? And why is that a good thing? How did the songwriter even come up with this sentiment!?

I remember having the same reaction to the Twilight books. I made it through about a third of the first one. Wait, he's freezing cold... no-one who's ever actually had sex could possibly view that as a turn on...
They do a lot of coke together is what I gathered lol.

I can't stand anything cardi B. Her voice is like nails on a chalkboard for me. Also in general, all of the mumble rappers. Can't understand what they say anyways lol.

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Haha, The Wknd--he's comparing being drunk with being with this person, kind of like being drunk in love a la Beyonce.

Sadly, its about his well known drug use and addiction/love for the high. At the time it was a hit, I was in the middle of getting a family member intensive treatment for substance abuse and was stunned when I found out what the song was about: :(

"And I know she'll be the death of me, at least we'll both be numb,
and she'll always get the best of me, the worst is yet to come
But at least we'll both be beautiful and stay forever young,
This I know, yeah, this I know"

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Tom’s Diner!!! I love that song! (But in small doses).

Thanks Tonks. I used to hear it so often it just became annoying.

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That duet with Janet Jackson & Luther Vandross. I think it's 'The Beat Things In Life Are Free'? The whole things makes me want to puke, but the bit in between verses where he says "yeah, Janet" and she replies with "ooh, Luuu-ther...." :shock:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Haha love this thread @canuk-gal.

"Muskrat Love"
:knockout:

But I LOVE the band America. Just not this song.

And LOL this song my dh hates but I sort of enjoy it and cannot help tapping to the beat when it is played. "Loving you" by Minnie Riperton.
I know it's sort of an annoying song but I love it. :lol::lol::lol: IDK it's just a catchy tune IMO.:whistle:

House Cat

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Anything by Gwen Steffani.

Anything by Sublime.

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Celine Dion, I appreciate she can sing but can't stand her music.

DH listens to classic rock and to me AC/DC sounds like someone singing while straining on the toilet.

sledge

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Anything by Nickelback.

Haha, I have to say Nickelback has to be one of the most hated bands in America. I'm not sure why really. I like some of their songs and think there are WAY WORSE bands. But their force of haters is quite strong.

One of my buddies can't stand them. So like any good buddy I quite frequently send him playlists of their songs. :whistle: And when he gets all pissy about it, I am quick to remind him about one of their particular lyrics, "you look so much cuter with something in your mouth". :lol-2: :P2 :lol:

Duck & cover. Sledge 1, buddy 0. Rinse & repeat.

Some of the worst....

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Any song by The Tubes and Devo.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Any song by The Tubes and Devo.

I was stuck in a whiteout snow storm today on the freeway----Crack that Whip is what I wanted to do!!! (we wasn't going no where....):mrgreen2::x2

JPie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Haha, I have to say Nickelback has to be one of the most hated bands in America. I'm not sure why really. I like some of their songs and think there are WAY WORSE bands. But their force of haters is quite strong.

A lot of people must've loved them if they had so many hit songs, though their haters sure are vocal!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

LOLS peeps.

My DH can't stand Jar of Hearts. Must admit that one wasn't on my radar....LOL

cheers--Sharon

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results