shape
carat
color
clarity

#JOTW Something pretty during a dreary time - feel free to add yours!

Natylad

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The other day I took out of the safety deposit box my necklace and bracelet set, which was a wedding gift from my parents in law and thought of taking some pictures! I love these pieces but I'm not enjoying them enough, because DH doesn't feel comfortable keeping them at the house, so they are only used at very special occasions. The bracelet is big for my wrist but i don't trust anybody sizing it down. If i ever decide to have it sized down, I'm thinking of using the gold and diamonds which will be removed, in order to have a pair of small matching earrings made. Here are a few pics: IMG_20200715_200221.jpg IMG_20200715_200207.jpg IMG_20200715_200611.jpg IMG_20200715_200709.jpg

morejewelsplease

Rough_Rock
Wanted to share my something pretty. Here's my rooftop garden all set up for a paella party last summer! I'm in Park Slope, Brooklyn. The roof deck offers a little slice of nature in the big city. IMG-2943.jpg IMG-2852.jpg IMG-2854 (1).jpg IMG-2894.jpg IMG-2747.jpg

absolutely gorgeous! I miss NY terribly and don't know when I'll be able to go back (I live in SoCal) but my whole family is in NYC) My brother and sister-in-law live in Park Slope!

Polabowla

Brilliant_Rock
The other day I took out of the safety deposit box my necklace and bracelet set, which was a wedding gift from my parents in law and thought of taking some pictures! I love these pieces but I'm not enjoying them enough, because DH doesn't feel comfortable keeping them at the house, so they are only used at very special occasions. The bracelet is big for my wrist but i don't trust anybody sizing it down. If i ever decide to have it sized down, I'm thinking of using the gold and diamonds which will be removed, in order to have a pair of small matching earrings made. Here are a few pics: IMG_20200715_200221.jpg IMG_20200715_200207.jpg IMG_20200715_200611.jpg IMG_20200715_200709.jpg

Wow that's some serious & beautiful bling! What a gift! I think earrings are such a good idea- maybe the jewler who sold it to your inlaws can make them from the bracelet, or recommend someone trustworthy?

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The other day I took out of the safety deposit box my necklace and bracelet set, which was a wedding gift from my parents in law and thought of taking some pictures! I love these pieces but I'm not enjoying them enough, because DH doesn't feel comfortable keeping them at the house, so they are only used at very special occasions. The bracelet is big for my wrist but i don't trust anybody sizing it down. If i ever decide to have it sized down, I'm thinking of using the gold and diamonds which will be removed, in order to have a pair of small matching earrings made. Here are a few pics:

Bella!

Polished1911

Shiny_Rock
I have a lot to learn about taking pictures of bling! lol. But I tried for the first time today after seeing all your beauties here. I’m not wearing jewelry at all since I’m working so much. Today I’m actually taking a day off and enjoying my ring! My neighbor thought I was crazy taking pictures of my plants! First picture my spinel is reflecting the strange webbing on my succulent, so much I almost freaked out that it fractured somehow. My phone also made my rose gold shank look yellow gold. Grrr. I really love the second pic, it captures the color very well, purple with a flash of pink, tiny hint of grey. Hope everyone is well! 4675C290-BA92-43BF-B27F-6875BE07015E.jpeg E3BAAACA-0629-4EDE-AFCF-8E15590A8255.jpeg

KaeKae

Ideal_Rock
Premium

@Natylad
These pieces are stunning!
I can see why your husband would be uncomfortable keeping them at home, but boy, oh boy, do they deserve to be worn!!! I'm sure you do that, whenever you are able.

Natylad

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Natylad
These pieces are stunning!
I can see why your husband would be uncomfortable keeping them at home, but boy, oh boy, do they deserve to be worn!!! I'm sure you do that, whenever you are able.

Thank you so much for the kind words my dear @KaeKae ! To be honest, during the last ten years that I've been married, I've only worn them four times! I guess we have to fix this!!!

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My new favourite combination for my right hand:

DK :))

EmeraldEmpress

Shiny_Rock
I love your yellow diamond ring! On your index finger! Could you give me stats on your ring, if it isn’t too much trouble??

: ) Thank you so much! This is a special ring to me, the first ever I bought for myself, 10 years ago in St. Thomas while on a fabulous girls' trip with one of my best friends. Those were the days of adventure. I hope to get back to that soon!

The ring has an appropriate quarter carat fancy yellow diamond cushion cut I believe. It's a split shank design, and I can't find the card I thought I had from the shop detailing the total carat weight. I'll take it to my local jeweler next time I'm heading there to see what exact details I can find out : )
The diamonds are good quality, that I know for sure (fancy yellow / vvs2-vs1 and the white diamonds are f-g / vvs2-vs1). The setting is 18k white and yellow gold. It's just the total carat weight I'm unsure of.

: ) Thank you so much! This is a special ring to me, the first ever I bought for myself, 10 years ago in St. Thomas while on a fabulous girls' trip with one of my best friends. Those were the days of adventure. I hope to get back to that soon!

The ring has an appropriate quarter carat fancy yellow diamond cushion cut I believe. It's a split shank design, and I can't find the card I thought I had from the shop detailing the total carat weight. I'll take it to my local jeweler next time I'm heading there to see what exact details I can find out : )
The diamonds are good quality, that I know for sure (fancy yellow / vvs2-vs1 and the white diamonds are f-g / vvs2-vs1). The setting is 18k white and yellow gold. It's just the total carat weight I'm unsure of.

It’s gorgeous! Thank you for telling me!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results