shape
carat
color
clarity

Something old and something new from Whiteflash

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes me want!! I would love to try on a long necklace. I think the fact that it touches clothing might be what gets me. I don't really know. We are all an idiosyncratic bunch and I love us all. Anyhoo, my coffee and sugar sister, I would love to try on this gorgeous necklace and I will bring some jewels for you!
Enjoy many date nights and feeling beautiful in this gorgeous necklace! :kiss2: :love:

Touches clothing. Hmm. I get that. I have some bracelets that I really don’t like to wear with long-sleeved shirts - especially sweaters with loose knits. We’ll find out one of these days!! :love:

@Begonia Thank you! ::)

So that dress.

Once upon a time there was this clothing store called Caché. I wasn’t allowed to shop there - the one time my mother and I went together, because that was where all the other girls in high school were buying their sophomore welcome dresses, she marched me out within the minute saying that she had more than enough money to buy me clothing that wasn’t made of vinyl and filled with holes. In her defense most everything did have cutouts in strategically unfortunate places - and I wouldn’t want my teen wearing most of what I pranced around in either.

But then-me was determined that my dress would come from the same place as everyone else’s. I was too young to drive so my friends took me on a detour before field hockey practice, and I made the fastest clothing decision of my life ("can wear bra" and "can bend over" really narrowed my options), and then we stopped by Old Navy and I bought a random T shirt for the bag and hanger and yellow sale tag and switched packaging before my dad picked me up.

Turns out I made an unexpectedly awesome choice. Even my mum thought it "wasn't terrible". And I’ve worn it so many times in the decades (ugh) since. Maybe one day I'll tell her. Probably not. She'd probably remember, and she'd definitely still scold me even if she didn't :lol:

@nala, @caf, @ac117 Thank you!! :bigsmile:

Thank you @Cerulean!! And I’d be totally flattered if you did!! :bigsmile:

Last edited:

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock
Something new...

I've always hated necklaces. And scarves. And turtlenecks. And ties. Good grief those grammar school ties. Anything tight 'round the front of my neck.

Early in 2020 I decided that I needed a marvellous strand of akoya pearls. I got the strand of my daydreams in the middle of the year from @molinePDG, and it was enough pearls for exactly two and a half bracelets.

I had the bracelets made. Two of of the thirteen pearls left over went to a friend. I kept two aside as spares. And for the remining nine... I kept coming back to Tiffany's Elsa Peretti sprinkle necklaces - easy, carefree, casual.

But I really have always hated necklaces! It's the one type of jewellery that's never tempted me. And I'm the sort of person who'd be sporting a diamond navel ring if my piercing wasn't a lost cause - if restraint in bling is a virtue then I'm comfortable bereft of it! I figured "more time" would betray this obviously fickle sidebar... So I gave it "more time", and yet "more time". By the end of the year I'd been sitting on the project for six months - which is probably five and a half months longer than I ever sit on projects - with no changes of heart. Okay, I'll take the the (bludgeoning) hint.

I was still tempted to cut every corner imaginable as I assumed this thing would be a curiosity that I'd never actually wear... But the pearls wouldn't let me, and my beloved PS friends agreed with the pearls. The bezels had to be perfect - well, WF's bezels are perfect. The stations had to be perfectly arranged, asymmetric but symmetrically weighted - and WF's bench knows my tastes. The pearls had to be perfectly set; Liza noted that they've had problems using stock endcaps in the past, so now they hand-make each finding for every pearl.

I really couldn't ask for a finer finish :love: WF's reputation is so well-earned! 36" long, 18k 1.7mm rose gold chain, with nine round white akoya (8-8.5mm) and six ACA melee stations (2x 0.05ct, 2x 0.07ct, and 2x 0.10ct). Logos removed per PS policy, again.

Semi-Custom-20123-Diamond-and-Pearl-Station-Necklace-in-18k-Rose-Gold-by-Whiteflash_a.jpg

Semi-Custom-20123-Diamond-and-Pearl-Station-Necklace-in-18k-Rose-Gold-by-Whiteflash_g.png

Semi-Custom-20123-Diamond-and-Pearl-Station-Necklace-in-18k-Rose-Gold-by-Whiteflash_a3 (1).jpg

This is my first necklace. It'll probably be my last, and I love it all the more for how unique it is in my jewellery box. Easy, carefree, and casual. And it's long enough that it doesn't feel like a necklace at all! The pearls have strong pink overtone and the rose gold is wonderful next to them, and the diamonds (bezelled in rose gold to stay as invisible as possible) add exactly the touches of sparkle that I'd hoped for ::)

Yssie_Necklace_Halved.png

Necklace_Hand.png

Necklace_Loose.png

I managed one bling pic before the crittery usurped date night!!

Yssie_WF_necklace_shorter copy.png

@yssie beautiful! And so chic!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
WF is marvellous. Have I mentioned lately that WF is marvellous? :love:

Here's what I asked for - on the left. Making an extender and adding one pearl in. And what they did on the right. Exactly what I'd wanted, and displayed exactly the same way for me to verify... WF is marvellous!!

YSSIE_WF_EDITS.png

Last edited:

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
And I got her back yesterday!! A few more pics from "work" :bigsmile: I really prefer this slightly longer length - the extender takes it from 36" to just under 40". Astonishing how much visual difference even 4" makes!

YSSIE_WF_C.png

- - - - - - - - - -

YSSIE_WF_B.png

- - - - - - - - - -

Today's outfit - station DBTY from WF with akoya from Andrew Moline, and akoya studs from Mikimoto ::)

YSSIE_WF_D.png

Last edited:

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's long enough to wrap around the wrist now!! It's was about 3" too short and 3" too long before :bigsmile:

YSSIE_WF_E.png

- - - - - - - - - -

WF_A_WHAT copy.png

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oof those mikimoto get me every time I see them. I love the length of the new necklace too!

737liz

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
And I’ve worn it so many times in the decades (ugh) since.

Um, you're casually mentioning that you fit into the same clothes as your teenage self? That is...rare. I also still HAVE clothes from high school, but they sit in the attic waiting for me to slim down. They'll be sitting there for awhile, methinks.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oof those mikimoto get me every time I see them. I love the length of the new necklace too!
OMG. Me toooooooo. But I’ll save the poetry for the Pearls forum :lol:

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Um, you're casually mentioning that you fit into the same clothes as your teenage self? That is...rare. I also still HAVE clothes from high school, but they sit in the attic waiting for me to slim down. They'll be sitting there for awhile, methinks.
I’m a #Planner, always been a #Planner, in my early years I expanded preemptively to future-proof my clothing utility :lol: :lol:

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
What great stories and jewels! “I just stared at him” hahahaha. Would love to see some critter pics too ;-)

bright ice

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@yssie that’s such a lovely, unique, timeless piece and it suits you fabulously! I absolutely adore it.

Would you please contact me via my Diamond Bistro listing in my CvB thread in Pre-Loved? I’d love your expertise opinion on something I’m considering.

Dmndsr4evr11

Brilliant_Rock
And I got her back yesterday!! A few more pics from "work" :bigsmile: I really prefer this slightly longer length - the extender takes it from 36" to just under 40". Astonishing how much visual difference even 4" makes!

YSSIE_WF_C.png

- - - - - - - - - -

YSSIE_WF_B.png

- - - - - - - - - -

Today's outfit - station DBTY from WF with akoya from Andrew Moline, and akoya studs from Mikimoto ::)

YSSIE_WF_D.png

That’s awesome! I am thinking of having an extender put on one of my 16” diamond necklaces to make it 18”. Beautiful pearls!!

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Something new...

I've always hated necklaces. And scarves. And turtlenecks. And ties. Good grief those grammar school ties. Anything tight 'round the front of my neck.

Early in 2020 I decided that I needed a marvellous strand of akoya pearls. I got the strand of my daydreams in the middle of the year from @molinePDG, and it was enough pearls for exactly two and a half bracelets.

I had the bracelets made. Two of of the thirteen pearls left over went to a friend. I kept two aside as spares. And for the remining nine... I kept coming back to Tiffany's Elsa Peretti sprinkle necklaces - easy, carefree, casual.

But I really have always hated necklaces! It's the one type of jewellery that's never tempted me. And I'm the sort of person who'd be sporting a diamond navel ring if my piercing wasn't a lost cause - if restraint in bling is a virtue then I'm comfortable bereft of it! I figured "more time" would betray this obviously fickle sidebar... So I gave it "more time", and yet "more time". By the end of the year I'd been sitting on the project for six months - which is probably five and a half months longer than I ever sit on projects - with no changes of heart. Okay, I'll take the the (bludgeoning) hint.

I was still tempted to cut every corner imaginable as I assumed this thing would be a curiosity that I'd never actually wear... But the pearls wouldn't let me, and my beloved PS friends agreed with the pearls. The bezels had to be perfect - well, WF's bezels are perfect. The stations had to be perfectly arranged, asymmetric but symmetrically weighted - and WF's bench knows my tastes. The pearls had to be perfectly set; Liza noted that they've had problems using stock endcaps in the past, so now they hand-make each finding for every pearl.

I really couldn't ask for a finer finish :love: WF's reputation is so well-earned! 36" long, 18k 1.7mm rose gold chain, with nine round white akoya (8-8.5mm) and six ACA melee stations (2x 0.05ct, 2x 0.07ct, and 2x 0.10ct). Logos removed per PS policy, again.

Semi-Custom-20123-Diamond-and-Pearl-Station-Necklace-in-18k-Rose-Gold-by-Whiteflash_a.jpg

Semi-Custom-20123-Diamond-and-Pearl-Station-Necklace-in-18k-Rose-Gold-by-Whiteflash_g.png

Semi-Custom-20123-Diamond-and-Pearl-Station-Necklace-in-18k-Rose-Gold-by-Whiteflash_a3 (1).jpg

This is my first necklace. It'll probably be my last, and I love it all the more for how unique it is in my jewellery box. Easy, carefree, and casual. And it's long enough that it doesn't feel like a necklace at all! The pearls have strong pink overtone and the rose gold is wonderful next to them, and the diamonds (bezelled in rose gold to stay as invisible as possible) add exactly the touches of sparkle that I'd hoped for ::)

Yssie_Necklace_Halved.png

Necklace_Hand.png

Necklace_Loose.png

I managed one bling pic before the crittery usurped date night!!

Yssie_WF_necklace_shorter copy.png

tut tut tut you arnnt wearing this Yssie ....
its too beautiful to be left in a drawer

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
I agree! It’s far too stunning to get no wear. Is it wrappable as a bracelet, or could WF adjust it to a multi strand bracelet for you? Or an anklet?

How do we know she isn't wearing it? ;-)

diamondyes

Brilliant_Rock
It's long enough to wrap around the wrist now!! It's was about 3" too short and 3" too long before :bigsmile:

YSSIE_WF_E.png

- - - - - - - - - -

WF_A_WHAT copy.png
I remember you saying you’re not a “necklace person” … imagine if you were! Lol! This is sensational!!

maita13

Brilliant_Rock
I’m always late to the party - perpetual tardiness is one of my signature characteristics:lol:…just wanted to say how much I admire your articulateness both in story-telling and jewelry designs, @yssie . There are only two PSers whose cogency in jewelry style and words I admire the most - @PreRaphaelite and @yssie , I wish you’d collaborate on writing a book on your (mis)adventures in jewelry collecting and the tidbits of life experiences that came along with the journey; I’d be the first (among many) to buy, read and enjoy it. As always, I ❤️ your stylistic way of jewelry and story-telling, @yssie - enjoy your fabulous bling collection in health and happiness:D:D

PreRaphaelite

Ideal_Rock
I’m always late to the party - perpetual tardiness is one of my signature characteristics:lol:…just wanted to say how much I admire your articulateness both in story-telling and jewelry designs, @yssie . There are only two PSers whose cogency in jewelry style and words I admire the most - @PreRaphaelite and @yssie , I wish you’d collaborate on writing a book on your (mis)adventures in jewelry collecting and the tidbits of life experiences that came along with the journey; I’d be the first (among many) to buy, read and enjoy it. As always, I ❤️ your stylistic way of jewelry and story-telling, @yssie - enjoy your fabulous bling collection in health and happiness:D:D

Thank you @maita13 you are so kind!

@yssie let's write a Jewel Heist novel that starts in Hong Kong and then to Calgary and then onto Cairo and then Paris and then Columbia and then New York!

PreRaphaelite

Ideal_Rock
Took me a long time to read all the replies in this thread but I'm so glad I did! @yssie your taste is exquisite and this necklace is so special - I suspect this will launch a thousand tribute wishlists - congrats on a stunning and legendary necklace!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gosh. I love PS. Where else could one possibly find this sort of group therapy? ❤️

You’re all so sweet. And so right. I’m so totally unworthy of this necklace. ;(
Would you believe that I was contemplating a coral strand just a few weeks ago? That’d be @88_star’s, @PreRaphaelite’s, @lucida818’s, @Mrsz1ppy’s, and Lang Antique’s collective influence, listed in no particular order and unbeknownst to them all. And I resisted, because of this very strand - if I won’t even wear *this* what hope does anything else have?

I do pull it out occasionally to look at it. Y’know, on the bed, or on the kitchen counter, or on the freshly folded laundry. Does that make anything better? WF’s pearl work is pristine :love:

I shall do right by this piece. I’ll wear it tomorrow, and take photos, and leave it on after I’m done taking photos. Y’all, I’m really pushing my boundaries here!! :lol:

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Oh. Wow.

Wow… And now I find myself kind of lost for words. (Is that irony or Alanis Morissette irony?)
I love reading @PreRaphaelite ‘s posts - her writing is a feast for the mind. To have someone put mine in her league is a feast for the ego :bigsmile:

Thank you. So much. :love:

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you @maita13 you are so kind!

@yssie let's write a Jewel Heist novel that starts in Hong Kong and then to Calgary and then onto Cairo and then Paris and then Columbia and then New York!
I’m in.

We’ll have to find an editor with permissive views on exclamation marks, though, I can’t help myself.

And we keep the bling in the end, right? :bigsmile:

PreRaphaelite

Ideal_Rock
And here, I had just finished restringing my old pearl necklace, and was feeling accomplished. How wrong I was. I now see the error of my ways. @yssie you are a Visionary.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
And here, I had just finished restringing my old pearl necklace, and was feeling accomplished. How wrong I was. I now see the error of my ways.
Oh. I'm sorry. Please apologize to your purse on my behalf. :twisted2:

But traditional strands are classics!! :love: Especially with all your coral strands. I love pearls and coral. I *love* pearls and coral. I redid three bracelets today and my fingers hurt!! I seem to be at an 18”ish daily limit on stringing, no hope of a second career for me there.

88_star

Shiny_Rock
Trade
You’re welcome!! I’ll even volunteer as tribute to babysit this one for you so she gets some love haha. I haven’t given up completely on coral yet but we’ll have to see!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results