carat
color
clarity

Something old and something new from Whiteflash

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Something old...

The first time I flew across the country to visit my husband after he moved, he met me at the airport with a surprise. You can just see a hint of green in the bride (which I wasn't - yet!) bear's left ear. 4mm chrome diopside studs - I imagine I'd been talking about wanting some.

1610767179265.png

In the many years since, those studs have come with me... On every vacation, to every first day at a new job, to every frightening vet visit. They're my sweet and unassuming little lucky charms.

1610767331345.png

Late last year, as I was cleaning them, I noticed that one stone was very loose. A little massaging and it slid right out of its mount, smooth and silent as can be - thank goodness I hadn't been wearing them!!

I emailed WF within the hour. I wanted a decent amount of visible white metal between the green and my skin, and Liza recommended against bezelling such soft stones, so we went with eight-prong baby martinis. My husband asked me how much this reset was going to run. I told him. He observed that it was several times what he'd bought them for originally. I stared at him. He shrugged, "well, it's a lot less than your Starbucks habit costs us". The maturing and curing of romance.

WF's photos - logo removed per SMTB policy. They're bright splashes of green on the ears :mrgreen:

8-Prong-Martini-Basket-Studs-by-Whiteflash_59773_61374_a.JPG

8-Prong-Martini-Basket-Studs-by-Whiteflash_59773_61374_g.png

The box that I picked up at FedEx was much bulkier than I was expecting. My first thought - "Oh! They've sent me a calendar!". And I spent the drive home wondering how I'd missed the announcement that they were printing them again... I loved the calendars! I can't say I gave much - any - thought to why a calendar would require this much extra space.

It wasn't a calendar. It was much more special. A beautiful ceramic trinket box with a bejewelled butterfly handle - Butterflies was my first custom design with WF. And a card of well-wishes from people I've known for a full third of my life now. Two unexpected, lovely delights!! :love:

Yssie_WF_Butterflies_1.png

Yssie_WF_Butterflies_2.png

Yssie_WF_Butterflies_3.png

I wore my 2020 WF loot for date night last night. Date night in a house that doubles as a petting zoo never goes according to plan; I wasn't able to get any photos of their renewed debut. So I'll post an old earshot instead, and let's all pretend that my hair is still this thick and this black. :bigsmile:

1610769609313.png

Last edited:

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I adore the earrings, they are beautiful and vibrant...but more than that I just love the history behind them. You are a wonderful story teller!!

RockOnReen

Shiny_Rock
What a great story and, as always, lovely photos! I just love your posts, Yssie!

Elise_k

Rough_Rock
I LOVE everything about this post! So adorable <3

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
Love them and the story behind them!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Something new...

I've always hated necklaces. And scarves. And turtlenecks. And ties. Good grief those grammar school ties. Anything tight 'round the front of my neck.

Early in 2020 I decided that I needed a marvellous strand of akoya pearls. I got the strand of my daydreams in the middle of the year from @molinePDG, and it was enough pearls for exactly two and a half bracelets.

I had the bracelets made. Two of of the thirteen pearls left over went to a friend. I kept two aside as spares. And for the remining nine... I kept coming back to Tiffany's Elsa Peretti sprinkle necklaces - easy, carefree, casual.

But I really have always hated necklaces! It's the one type of jewellery that's never tempted me. And I'm the sort of person who'd be sporting a diamond navel ring if my piercing wasn't a lost cause - if restraint in bling is a virtue then I'm comfortable bereft of it! I figured "more time" would betray this obviously fickle sidebar... So I gave it "more time", and yet "more time". By the end of the year I'd been sitting on the project for six months - which is probably five and a half months longer than I ever sit on projects - with no changes of heart. Okay, I'll take the the (bludgeoning) hint.

I was still tempted to cut every corner imaginable as I assumed this thing would be a curiosity that I'd never actually wear... But the pearls wouldn't let me, and my beloved PS friends agreed with the pearls. The bezels had to be perfect - well, WF's bezels are perfect. The stations had to be perfectly arranged, asymmetric but symmetrically weighted - and WF's bench knows my tastes. The pearls had to be perfectly set; Liza noted that they've had problems using stock endcaps in the past, so now they hand-make each finding for every pearl.

I really couldn't ask for a finer finish :love: WF's reputation is so well-earned! 36" long, 18k 1.7mm rose gold chain, with nine round white akoya (8-8.5mm) and six ACA melee stations (2x 0.05ct, 2x 0.07ct, and 2x 0.10ct). Logos removed per PS policy, again.

Semi-Custom-20123-Diamond-and-Pearl-Station-Necklace-in-18k-Rose-Gold-by-Whiteflash_a.jpg

Semi-Custom-20123-Diamond-and-Pearl-Station-Necklace-in-18k-Rose-Gold-by-Whiteflash_g.png

Semi-Custom-20123-Diamond-and-Pearl-Station-Necklace-in-18k-Rose-Gold-by-Whiteflash_a3 (1).jpg

This is my first necklace. It'll probably be my last, and I love it all the more for how unique it is in my jewellery box. Easy, carefree, and casual. And it's long enough that it doesn't feel like a necklace at all! The pearls have strong pink overtone and the rose gold is wonderful next to them, and the diamonds (bezelled in rose gold to stay as invisible as possible) add exactly the touches of sparkle that I'd hoped for ::)

Yssie_Necklace_Halved.png

Necklace_Hand.png

Necklace_Loose.png

I managed one bling pic before the crittery usurped date night!!

Yssie_WF_necklace_shorter copy.png

Last edited:

lissyflo

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Both are spot-on perfect, but I’d expect nothing less!

Your earrings are amazing, both the colour and new setting. But the sprinkle is out of this world perfect: the pearls, metal colour and arrangement all just sing together in unison. Elegant (and looks stunning with your dress) but I bet it would look equally good with jeans and a t-shirt.

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Divine! Your necklace speaks so clearly of your style - unique, elegant, effortlessy chic, tastefully asymmetrical, and so, SO luxe. The pink of the pearls scattered amongst the rose gold is to die for! :kiss2:

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am just in awe. The colour of the diopside is so vibrant & I LOVE the story behind them. They look gorgeous in their new homes & I hope you can find a few minutes to show us them in your ear.

The necklace...... wow! :kiss2: You are so assertive of what you do & don't like, so i'm glad you took your time with these beautiful pearls because you nailed it. They are perfect for a fancy night out & look stunning, without making you feel like you're being strangled!

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very unique and personal, thanks for sharing!

DK :kiss2:

Snowdrop13

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gosh, love both pieces but that necklace! Just perfect in every way. Those gemmy akoyas are really something else.

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow! First of all the new jewelry pieces are scrumptious. Love the station necklace!! I love them! Will you also wear it shorter/doubled?
Secondly, you are beautiful!!
What a fab haul!!

blingthing

Shiny_Rock
A lovely story, the earrings are so vibrant. The necklace is absolutely stunning, wear both in great health and happiness!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love the earrings and the necklace @yssie and you wear them so well. Wear in good health and blingy joy. XO.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous to all! The earrings are so special and look fabulous in their new settings. How wonderful to have such a sentimental set of earrings. I love the pearl and diamond necklace; you managed to turn a 'choking' set of pearls into a diamond and pearl masterpiece! I hope you are able to wear it in peace and happiness. Don't be surprised to find others making such a thing now - you are a trendsetter!!

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Of course I adore both of your latest projects, @yssie! :love: :love:

Necklaces look really good on you--please do add more pieces to your collection for all of us to see! ::)

And kudos to WF once again! :appl:

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Everything turned out beautiful! I love the "I stared at him", and no surprise, he gave up on his point...too funny!
Whiteflash is a lovely company!

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Both your earrings and necklace were so beautifully executed! I love the way the pearls are arranged in not your typical fashion!

Mcgregor

Shiny_Rock
I love, love, love your necklace! Pearls and diamonds are so classy together. Wear them in good health.

bling_dream19

Ideal_Rock
Wow! I love the earrings, the reset and the story and the coffee habit! And those pearls are so luxurious with the sprinkles of diamonds and the rose gold is just beautiful on you. I love the length of necklace on you. I've tried to wear a long necklace but have never been able to tolerate it but you're making me want to try again lol. Beautiful storytelling from a beautiful person and congratulations on your stunning jewels!

Polabowla

Brilliant_Rock
Love both stories & pieces of jewelry (ok and the teddy bear!)
Also the butterfly box from wf is beautiful!

Dmndsr4evr11

Brilliant_Rock
Something old...

The first time I flew across the country to visit my husband after he moved, he met me at the airport with a surprise. You can just see a hint of green in the bride (which I wasn't - yet!) bear's left ear. 4mm chrome diopside studs - I imagine I'd been talking about wanting some.

1610767179265.png

In the many years since, those studs have come with me... On every vacation, to every first day at a new job, to every frightening vet visit. They're my sweet and unassuming little lucky charms.

1610767331345.png

Late last year, as I was cleaning them, I noticed that one stone was very loose. A little massaging and it slid right out of its mount, smooth and silent as can be - thank goodness I hadn't been wearing them!!

I emailed WF within the hour. I wanted a decent amount of visible white metal between the green and my skin, and Liza recommended against bezelling such soft stones, so we went with eight-prong baby martinis. My husband asked me how much this reset was going to run. I told him. He observed that it was several times what he'd bought them for originally. I stared at him. He shrugged, "well, it's a lot less than your Starbucks habit costs us". The maturing and curing of romance.

WF's photos - logo removed per SMTB policy. They're bright splashes of green on the ears :mrgreen:

8-Prong-Martini-Basket-Studs-by-Whiteflash_59773_61374_a.JPG

8-Prong-Martini-Basket-Studs-by-Whiteflash_59773_61374_g.png

The box that I picked up at FedEx was much bulkier than I was expecting. My first thought - "Oh! They've sent me a calendar!". And I spent the drive home wondering how I'd missed the announcement that they were printing them again... I loved the calendars! I can't say I gave much - any - thought to why a calendar would require this much extra space.

It wasn't a calendar. It was much more special. A beautiful ceramic trinket box with a bejewelled butterfly handle - Butterflies was my first custom design with WF. And a card of well-wishes from people I've known for a full third of my life now. Two unexpected, lovely delights!! :love:

Yssie_WF_Butterflies_1.png

Yssie_WF_Butterflies_2.png

Yssie_WF_Butterflies_3.png

I wore my 2020 WF loot for date night last night. Date night in a house that doubles as a petting zoo never goes according to plan; I wasn't able to get any photos of their renewed debut. So I'll post an old earshot instead, and let's all pretend that my hair is still this thick and this black. :bigsmile:

1610769609313.png

@yssie - love your post and everything about it. Congrats on your reset and your necklace. They’re beautiful!! The trinket box is so pretty, as well.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock
Oh what fun and lovely projects!

The earrings look amazing in their new settings, and the story behind them is really touching.

The pearl necklace -- wowza! I love the way you execute the asymmetrical patterns in many of your jewelry pieces and this one is no exception. The dynamic, yet casual look is sheer perfection!

I guess I'm dense in that I didn't realize WF's bench handled pearls. Gosh, you have given me ideas!!! (Darn, now my wishlist is growing!!! Pearls by the yard!!!!)

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh my, I love the stories, the gorgeous pieces which look amazing on you, and the lovely gift from Whiteflash.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results