shape
carat
color
clarity

Something a little different. Tension set moissanite!

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Omg, I love your ring!!! :kiss2::love: It’s absolutely beautiful!!!

And thanks for comparing it with your CBI!!! I always wondered how AVs compared with lab diamonds and holy crap, they both look stunning! :kiss2:
Yeah, it's seriously mind blowing. I don't regret my CBI for one minute, because it's amazing and it's my only e-ring (this would be an alternative or sometimes RHR, but there's only one original that I chose with my DH). I wanted the best possible stone , so no regrets. But I also want to be honest for other posters who aren't in the financial position to spend that kind of $$. I honestly have trouble finding differences (although of course there are always differences that more experienced eyes could pick up). I seriously think the AV blows every other moissy I've ever seen away.

FutureChocolateMLK

Brilliant_Rock
So.....I take it the Diamelia doesn’t hold a candle to the AV? :lol: What color is the AV again?

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So.....I take it the Diamelia doesn’t hold a candle to the AV? :lol: What color is the AV again?
Ha! I didn't even think to compare them! Too busy staring at the new ring. But yeah, that's important to look at. Off to take more pics!

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ok, a million pics later.....saying "it doesn't hold a candle" isn't fair. Diamelia is good. It's really really good....a close, but not quite as good version IMHO. Hopefully these pics show why.

20190311_194444.jpg 20190311_194418.jpg 20190311_194421.jpg 20190311_194426.jpg 20190311_194430.jpg 20190311_194444.jpg

I can't explain why I prefer the AV. I think it's depth? Something about the perfection of the arrows? Something that has the same "flavor" as my CBI. more pics coming!

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Pics comparing all 3 are especially helpful I think. There's that "spot" in the CBI (that some ppl dont like), where it's a perfect little circle. The AV has it, and the diamelia doesn't.

20190311_194619.jpg 20190311_194637.jpg 20190311_194519.jpg 20190311_194549.jpg

All these pics are in bathroom light bc it's dark here. I'll try to get pics in natrual light tomorrow! But hopefully this helps!

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Circled the "spot". This is what ppl mean about super ideals "going dark", but I see it as a signature / sign of perfect symmetry, arrows, etc. This pic shows how the CBI and AV have it (although more pronounced in the CBI), and the diamelia doesn't.)

20190311_195610.jpg

sd_flp

Brilliant_Rock
Yeah, it's seriously mind blowing. I don't regret my CBI for one minute, because it's amazing and it's my only e-ring (this would be an alternative or sometimes RHR, but there's only one original that I chose with my DH). I wanted the best possible stone , so no regrets. But I also want to be honest for other posters who aren't in the financial position to spend that kind of $$. I honestly have trouble finding differences (although of course there are always differences that more experienced eyes could pick up). I seriously think the AV blows every other moissy I've ever seen away.
AV is definitely up there. =)2 I’ll be honest, I experienced slight regret when I clicked the submit payment for the Ideal Round (it’s pricey for moissanite so I cringed), but now that I have one, I don’t regret it at all. I’m definitely going to keep my AV as a forever piece, whether it be a travel or cocktail ring. I can’t see myself ever parting with it!

Btw, looking at your Diamelia, I think it’s better quality than my Tianyu moissanite, IMO. The arrows have more definition.

FutureChocolateMLK

Brilliant_Rock
It does help, thank you!!! What I do notice is the larger culet on the Diamelia. Even though it’s a smaller stone, it’s actually a larger culet than the AV. Something I’m not a fan of. I mean, I feel like it’s a better option than StarsGem, but I feel like I could get a similar product from Tianyu. The “depth” that you describe is only something I’ve seen in precision cut Moissanite, and so far Amora Gem, AV and MoCo AGS 000 are the only ones that meet that criteria. If I’m not paying a huge premium, I might as well go with Tianyu. If I did want to jump up to premium, I’d probably skip the Diamelia and go straight to the big dogs. Am I wrong in that assessment? In your expert opinion? ;)2

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
AV is definitely up there. =)2 I’ll be honest, I experienced slight regret when I clicked the submit payment for the Ideal Round (it’s pricey for moissanite so I cringed), but now that I have one, I don’t regret it at all. I’m definitely going to keep my AV as a forever piece, whether it be a travel or cocktail ring. I can’t see myself ever parting with it!

Btw, looking at your Diamelia, I think it’s better quality than my Tianyu moissanite, IMO. The arrows have more definition.
Yeah, I think I'd rank the Chinese ones below the diamelia, and the AV above both. It's been too long since I had the old amora, but I really didn't like it. And didn't like the other "H&A" that I got from schubach that same time (2016 I think). So I can't quite fit those into any ranking, except that both were worse than the diamelia (I had all 3 and returned the others), and all worse than the AV.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It does help, thank you!!! What I do notice is the larger culet on the Diamelia. Even though it’s a smaller stone, it’s actually a larger culet than the AV. Something I’m not a fan of. I mean, I feel like it’s a better option than StarsGem, but I feel like I could get a similar product from Tianyu. The “depth” that you describe is only something I’ve seen in precision cut Moissanite, and so far Amora Gem, AV and MoCo AGS 000 are the only ones that meet that criteria. If I’m not paying a huge premium, I might as well go with Tianyu. If I did want to jump up to premium, I’d probably skip the Diamelia and go straight to the big dogs. Am I wrong in that assessment? In your expert opinion? ;)2
Maybe that's what I'm noticing? The larger culet? Haha no idea. But yeah, I agree with your assessment. I feel like either save $$ and get tianyu (which is seriously great for the price and nothing to sneeze at!), Or pay the extra for the AV. Obviously can't directly compare to Moco AGS one or the new amora, so honestly don't know which of those is best!

FutureChocolateMLK

Brilliant_Rock
Maybe that's what I'm noticing? The larger culet? Haha no idea. But yeah, I agree with your assessment. I feel like either save $$ and get tianyu (which is seriously great for the price and nothing to sneeze at!), Or pay the extra for the AV. Obviously can't directly compare to Moco AGS one or the new amora, so honestly don't know which of those is best!

Well I had a user over on WB that compared an Amora Eternity with a MoCo AGS000 directly with diamonds at like half a dozen jewelers, plus friends that were jewelers and none of them could really tell the difference between the Moissanites. So it sounds like they’re cut basically the same.

I’ve also chatted with another user that had an Amora and an AV and they’re also ridiculously similar. So I feel like they’re all in the same ballpark.

So many options!!!! I am so bad at making decisions. Could someone make it for me? Please and thank you :lol:

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well I had a user over on WB that compared an Amora Eternity with a MoCo AGS000 directly with diamonds at like half a dozen jewelers, plus friends that were jewelers and none of them could really tell the difference between the Moissanites. So it sounds like they’re cut basically the same.

I’ve also chatted with another user that had an Amora and an AV and they’re also ridiculously similar. So I feel like they’re all in the same ballpark.

So many options!!!! I am so bad at making decisions. Could someone make it for me? Please and thank you :lol:
If you can swing it, buy all 3 and return the 2 that don't "speak" to you! That's what I would have done if I wasn't planning to send the stone straight to Bruce and didn't have such insane confidence in Jonathan. Or just say "screw it" to amora bc less is rude and the company is shady IMHO.

FutureChocolateMLK

Brilliant_Rock
If you can swing it, buy all 3 and return the 2 that don't "speak" to you! That's what I would have done if I wasn't planning to send the stone straight to Bruce and didn't have such insane confidence in Jonathan. Or just say "screw it" to amora bc less is rude and the company is shady IMHO.

Bahahahaha!!!!!! The problem with Amora is they will NEVER ever get 3 matching stones in what I want. Ever. Lol. Their inventory issues are ridiculous. He also said near colorless would be a rarity moving forward, and I definitely do not want colorless. I agree with your opinion of Less too. He’s rubbed me the wrong way more than once when I read his responses online. And Jonathan doesn’t accept returns on the ideal rounds :(2 They’re considered custom. So that leaves MoCo, and they’re shady af too. :lol: And Diamelia is still an option if I wanna save a little over MoCo.

I have some thinking to do. Luckily I have lots of time to figure it out because I’m broke as a joke at the moment. :cry2:

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
LD This looks amazing on you!!!!

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Bahahahaha!!!!!! The problem with Amora is they will NEVER ever get 3 matching stones in what I want. Ever. Lol. Their inventory issues are ridiculous. He also said near colorless would be a rarity moving forward, and I definitely do not want colorless. I agree with your opinion of Less too. He’s rubbed me the wrong way more than once when I read his responses online. And Jonathan doesn’t accept returns on the ideal rounds :(2 They’re considered custom. So that leaves MoCo, and they’re shady af too. :lol: And Diamelia is still an option if I wanna save a little over MoCo.

I have some thinking to do. Luckily I have lots of time to figure it out because I’m broke as a joke at the moment. :cry2:
Wait, really?? I thought just the custom cut to order ones are final sale. I thought the precut ones were returnable. Not that I want to return , but seems crappy that you can't order to see it with your own eyes!

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

FutureChocolateMLK

Brilliant_Rock
Wait, really?? I thought just the custom cut to order ones are final sale. I thought the precut ones were returnable. Not that I want to return , but seems crappy that you can't order to see it with your own eyes!

You may be right with the stock stones, but all mine would be cut to order. I guess I could order one that’s in stock, return it, and then place a custom order. But that seems like overkill. lol!

Lykame

Brilliant_Rock
It looks absolutely amazing @lovedogs, thank you for sharing! Really love that setting, are you happy with the angles in person? It does look pretty perfect! It's also so beautiful and interesting to see the comparisons.

I personally love how symmetrical CBIs are and that central girdle reflection is so symmetrical and lovely. I think the symmetry really highlights the internal facets of a stone and give it a really inner 3D effect... Don't have another way to describe it! It's really nice that the AV has the same character in that regard. I have to admit that I have been tempted by them for something like a travel ring. Or earrings perhaps (because I am really good at losing earrings and am scared to buy diamond ones).

Don't suppose there might be a video or two or three? Also would be interested in your opinion about the stone in other lighting conditions and whether you see more subtle changes especially as you get to know it!

And finally about the cleaning! I'm sure there are other threads about this, but you have the pleasure of a beautifully exposed stone - easy to get dirty and easy to clean! Would be interested if you find the 'dirt' a different quality to the diamond. That is such a weird question ha ha. But like is it more filmy or more difficult to get off?

:kiss2:

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Seriously so gorgeous. I think if I went with a higher quality Moissanite like the AV, I wouldn’t upgrade to lab diamonds!
Honestly I feel like you wouldn't want to. I can pick out differences between the AV and the CBI more easily in daylight, but again we are talking about subtle preferences, and an 8x cost increase (for a smaller size and lower color).

I still prefer my CBI (duh), but will stick with AV moissy for all non e-ring purchases bc I just don't have the kind of $$ to buy multiple CBIs for non e-ring stuff.

And without comparing them side by side, I love everything about the AV. It doesn't feel like a "compromise" or placeholder at all.

FutureChocolateMLK

Brilliant_Rock
Honestly I feel like you wouldn't want to. I can pick out differences between the AV and the CBI more easily in daylight, but again we are talking about subtle preferences, and an 8x cost increase (for a smaller size and lower color).

I still prefer my CBI (duh), but will stick with AV moissy for all non e-ring purchases bc I just don't have the kind of $$ to buy multiple CBIs for non e-ring stuff.

And without comparing them side by side, I love everything about the AV. It doesn't feel like a "compromise" or placeholder at all.

Forgive me, but did you go with GH? I really think IJ would be fine for me. I seem to not be color sensitive and actually prefer a little warmth from the comparisons I’ve seen.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Forgive me, but did you go with GH? I really think IJ would be fine for me. I seem to not be color sensitive and actually prefer a little warmth from the comparisons I’ve seen.
Just checked and apparently I got an F-G. I thought I got the G/H, but Jon emailed and said the one I chose was overseas and they had another in stock that was like .1mm different and I said I didn't care. So I think I might have ended up with an F-G almost accidentally haha. It's SUPER white to me. But then again I love tint/warmth and honestly don't notice it in most stuff. So I would have been totally fine with IJ. I just bought the 7mm that was in stock.

FutureChocolateMLK

Brilliant_Rock
Good to know! I think I could definitely do IJ and be happy. Saving money makes me happy too, so there’s that. :lol:

I can’t get over how gorgeous your ring is!

sd_flp

Brilliant_Rock

May I ask what subtle differences you pick up between your CBI and AV moissy? Inquiring minds would love to know. :mrgreen2:

michellelynn9175, pardon me as I try not to butt in conversations, but if it helps your decision, I am also completely happy with my AV moissanite. I know lab diamonds will eventually go down, but I don't think I'd ever replace my AV with a lab diamond. It is just that good. :love:

FutureChocolateMLK

Brilliant_Rock
May I ask what subtle differences you pick up between your CBI and AV moissy? Inquiring minds would love to know. :mrgreen2:

michellelynn9175, pardon me as I try not to butt in conversations, but if it helps your decision, I am also completely happy with my AV moissanite. I know lab diamonds will eventually go down, but I don't think I'd ever replace my AV with a lab diamond. It is just that good. :love:

Heck no! No apology needed! I love it when others chime in and add their opinions and experiences. I’m all about the research! :geek2:

Thanks for your input. This makes me even more confident to go with Jonathan. Yours is a colorless isnt it?

sd_flp

Brilliant_Rock
Heck no! No apology needed! I love it when others chime in and add their opinions and experiences. I’m all about the research! :geek2:

Thanks for your input. This makes me even more confident to go with Jonathan. Yours is a colorless isnt it?
Haha! Yes, mine is colorless. Actually when I hold it up next to my Tianyu and Mona moissanites (both colorless), I can see the differences in the rough under direct lighting. My AV moissanite looks cleaner than my Chinese ones, for whatever reason. I'm not sure why...? I don't have experience with too many near colorless stones, except for my one from India which I don't think is a very good cut or color. I'm actually kinda in the same boat as you as I'm looking to get a near colorless stone but in the OEC...I'm debating on the GHI or JK color as I don't want this one to be super white.

I think the Tianyu moissanites are good bang for your buck and are great placeholders if you plan to upgrade to lab diamonds. The AV moissys, on the other hand, are permanent pieces. Jonathan really knows his stuff and it clearly shows with the cut and clarity of his moissys.

FutureChocolateMLK

Brilliant_Rock
It’s probably the precision cutting and/or polishing process. And I agree with you 1000%! If I’m upgrading one day to lab diamonds, save the money and go with Tianyu. If I’m keeping it forever, splurge on the good stuff :mrgreen2:

I wonder what my husband will have to say about this. Lol!

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

It's hard to explain, and almost impossible to get a good video of both to show, but I'll try my best. It's something about the *movement* of the facets in daylight. In the CBI, the fire rolls through all the facets super fast, and it looks like the light is almost trapped in a hall of mirrors inside the stone. In the moissy, the facets go "on/off" slower, and it's less of the fast rolling. Jonathan actually had a video on Instagram that showed this effect perfectly, and it's what convinced me that I should spring for the CBI even though the moissy was gorgeous. I'll see if I can find it and send a link.

Daylight is where the differences are more obvious. But again, the AV is amazing. It's just a different "flavor" of fire.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results