shape
carat
color
clarity

#JOTW Someone please take away my debit card! (Garnet beauty)

RetroQT

Brilliant_Rock
That setting is just perfect… It looks like it cradles her! I don’t remember if you are going to wear her on your right hand….I always struggle with that myself. I wind up wearing the colored stone on my left hand with a band. Will she be a right hand ring?

I had her sized for my right but she fits comfortably on either ring finger. So I could see changing it up.

What do you think of the checkerboard cut on her? I looked through my loupe with strong backlighting and saw what looked like inclusions, but nothing drastic. I know she’s a dark stone so personally I’m not minding the checkerboard as I like how the light plays as she moves (second video especially). But I don’t know if I’ve seen anyone talking about like/dislike of the checkerboard look.

MeowMeow

Brilliant_Rock
Ooh such pretty videos!! That red! Gimmie! (Jk) ❤️

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I had her sized for my right but she fits comfortably on either ring finger. So I could see changing it up.

What do you think of the checkerboard cut on her? I looked through my loupe with strong backlighting and saw what looked like inclusions, but nothing drastic. I know she’s a dark stone so personally I’m not minding the checkerboard as I like how the light plays as she moves (second video especially). But I don’t know if I’ve seen anyone talking about like/dislike of the checkerboard look.

I really like the checkerboard look. I have a pair of stud earrings that has that cut. It’s known for its light play..

RetroQT

Brilliant_Rock
Ooh such pretty videos!! That red! Gimmie! (Jk) ❤️

I’ll put ya down for first dibs should I choose to part with her. Hahaha!

RetroQT

Brilliant_Rock
I really like the checkerboard look. I have a pair of stud earrings that has that cut. It’s known for its light play..

Good to know! It must be a CS thing and I’m such a noob regarding them. Haha!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Good to know! It must be a CS thing and I’m such a noob regarding them. Haha!

I also don‘t know much about colored stones. I just recognize the cut from my earrings..:bigsmile:

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love garnets, my daughters birthstone. They have such a deep color compared to most rubies I see. Congratulations on Scarlett, May she never be gone with the wind.

RetroQT

Brilliant_Rock
And for those that love to see rings with bands, I went with a simple gold one so as not to detract.

40E46A95-603B-4D5F-BA40-163AD669550C.jpeg 296B3846-17DF-44F8-8BCC-DBEEE972CCE4.jpeg 7DC54F42-E089-49F0-A828-90C0DCA73EAC.jpeg

RetroQT

Brilliant_Rock
@MamaBee I thought you’d like the band shots. ;-)

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock

RetroQT

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you! The band looks so pretty with Scarlett! :kiss2:

It really does! I’m actually wearing them today as my “this girl is taken” set.

RetroQT

Brilliant_Rock

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock

I've always liked that cut for colored stones. It strikes me as romantic, and reminds me of antique, leaded-glass window panes. (I have an amethyst cut that way.) Anyway, love your new ring, its striking, beautifully set and has great finger coverage! Enjoy!

RetroQT

Brilliant_Rock

RetroQT

Brilliant_Rock
I've always liked that cut for colored stones. It strikes me as romantic, and reminds me of antique, leaded-glass window panes. (I have an amethyst cut that way.) Anyway, love your new ring, its striking, beautifully set and has great finger coverage! Enjoy!

Yes. I feel that too. She seems very romantic to me. I will one day take her in to get stats on her. But for now, I’m just enjoying the nice fall vibes from her. :kiss2:

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Scarlett is a raving beauty!!! That setting is to die for and I love the gold band paired with it. You did a great job on this one!

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
First look! Walking out of the store with Scarlett on my hand.

Oh beautiful! I love the lacyness around the garnet! Don't know if you decided on a name but Lacy came to mind!!

RetroQT

Brilliant_Rock
Scarlett is a raving beauty!!! That setting is to die for and I love the gold band paired with it. You did a great job on this one!
Thank you so much!!!!

Oh beautiful! I love the lacyness around the garnet! Don't know if you decided on a name but Lacy came to mind!!

It does seem lacy, doesn’t it? I was trying to figure out a good word to describe her and that would definitely be it!

——

And woah!!! #jotw!!! So incredibly honored!

RetroQT

Brilliant_Rock
:love: love this picture
It’s a beauty!

Congrats on JOTW!!

Thanks so much! I’m having fun with her. And yes… JOTW, still in shock but grateful.

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock
I actually love deep red garnets like this and have one with a similar cut. Beautiful ring, congrats!!!

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you so much!!!!

It does seem lacy, doesn’t it? I was trying to figure out a good word to describe her and that would definitely be it!

——

And woah!!! #jotw!!! So incredibly honored!

Awesome getting JOTW!! Congratulations!!

Bravissimo

Shiny_Rock
The first thing I thought I'd was Judy, as in Judy Garland. Judy Garnet... Judy Garland... Close enough :)

I thought of this too. And it goes w/the Ruby slippers. She is stunning by the way!!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results