shape
carat
color
clarity

Somebody's Gotta Buy This Stone!

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Anybody looking for a good quality cuprian? Laurie? Here's another Jeff Davis stone (he's on a PS roll lately!). A
little smaller than the previous one posted, but this looks pretty nice and not too bad a price: 1.25 ct, $545, 7.86 x 6.16 x 4.17 mm, VS from Mozambique.

7-10-12jeffcuprian2.jpg

7-10-12jeffcuprian.jpg

miraclesrule

Ideal_Rock
OMG, that Richard Wise stone is an amazing color. I would love to see it in person.

The other cuprian is nice too. I am banning myself from any more ovals at the moment. I have too many that have not been set, and I just decided that I don't like them as much as I thought I did. I really wish I would have come to this conclusion before I spent a fortune on my Mahenge, but I will get a setting that does it justice.

Now I am on the prowl for round and cushion.....just in case y'all wanted to shop for me. :)

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Not the most vividly saturated sapphire, but its unheated, very well cut, in a not that common shape, for a good price. From Weblorn, a 2.9 ct, unheated, 8.1mm square cushion Ceylon sapphire. Price is $2,990/make offer.

Edited to correct pic size.

7-10-12websapph.jpg

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I hear ya, Miracles! I'm so sick of ovals, but unfortunately, its the most practical thing to cut, so they abound. I'm starting to feel sorry for the unloved oval, but it doesn't mean I want any more! But thanks for the heads up - I'll keep it in mind when posting stones... :bigsmile:

cookies

Brilliant_Rock
miraclesrule|1341945842|3231736 said:
OMG, that Richard Wise stone is an amazing color. I would love to see it in person.

Please do take & post pictures if you see it in person! :naughty:

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Okay, is it cheating if I post a pear or teardrop shape? I love Brad's stones. This one is a 2.6 ct eye clean Burmese spinel (my favorite), 10x7.4mm. Oh, price is $585 and it looks like it hasn't sold yet...

7-10-12brad_sspinel.jpg

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
...must...stop...posting...

Okay, I promise - last one for a while. From Michael at Litnon. 2.24ct IF to VVS Afghani unheated blue green tourmaline $370.

7-10-12lit_stourm.jpg

7-10-12lit_stourm2.jpg

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
Minou, very nice cuprian from Jeff Davis, yummmm. I just bought NKOTB's blue-green tourm that was on DB! It's storming storming; when it clears up I'll take pics of that & several others I haven't gotten around to putting up yet. In fact, NKOTB's tourmaline is the first oval I've bought -- somehow I usually end up with cushions -- sort of accidental because I look for color & cut quality, then shape, & cushions happened to be the ones I fell in love with.

Brad's pink spinel is gorgeous! Even though I'm not a big pear fan. I love his stones too & he's a joy to deal with. The sapphire is nice but not saturated enough for me; like the cut, though. Cookie, the color of the cuprian from Richard Wise is blinding, wow!

--- Laurie

stargurl78

Ideal_Rock
minousbijoux|1341948874|3231774 said:
Okay, is it cheating if I post a pear or teardrop shape? I love Brad's stones. This one is a 2.6 ct eye clean Burmese spinel (my favorite), 10x7.4mm. Oh, price is $585 and it looks like it hasn't sold yet...

Can I ask who Brad is? Is he the same Brad as from the Gem Trader? If yes, I don't see this stone on their site...

erinl

Brilliant_Rock
Minou--

You and I must have similar taste! I purchased that gemtrader spinel when it popped up this month, but reluctantly returned it. It is a very pretty stone, I just knew that unless it were "the one" I wouldn't set it since I seem to have so much trouble even setting stones I am madly in love with.....

I imagine that is why it is still available, my purchase and return of it.

wordie89

Brilliant_Rock
From Litnon, a tiny, pretty, affordable demantoid. It even has a horsetail!

10 points, $35. I can see it in one of those stack rings..... I'm having way too much fun with this thread. Thanks mbijoux and all contributors :wavey:

litnon__18_pt_demantoid.jpg

iLander

Ideal_Rock
This is such a great idea for a thread. I said it before, but I'm sayin' it again! ;))

I think many of us have drooled at this Mahenge Spinel on Michael's site (Gemline/Litnon) http://www.litnon.com/index.php?page=viewgem&id=8878

But how many of us noticed that it is deeply discounted on Michael's ebay listing? http://www.ebay.com/itm/USA-Cut-Special-Quality-Mahenge-Spinel-2-68-Tanzania-GLI-/390386878831?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item5ae4df096f#ht_1473wt_1160

Down to $2800!

A bargain to be had for the enterprising, sharp-eyed PSer!

(sorry, I just watched an episode of Frasier, and it kinda rubbed off :bigsmile: )

38220.jpg

iLander

Ideal_Rock
minousbijoux|1341935196|3231632 said:
Wow, iLander, Jerry's cutting is so beautiful...

He really does an amazing job, doesn't he, MB? His photos just don't do the stones justice . . .

TristanC

Brilliant_Rock
Kenny, that 1ct stone was listed though it was under negotiation from day 1.

Asking price was actually affordable - only $300K to you. :)

I love this thread. It might actually push me off the deep end and wind up buying a few stones I have no use for just to put in a little velvet lined box and ogle at.

If people pointed out a few more high quality paraibas for decent money - that might be my first buy. Who is jeff davis?

miraclesrule

Ideal_Rock
This thread is my new "go to first" thread on PS. :appl:

jbkhere

Brilliant_Rock
stargurl78|1342113022|3232868 said:
minousbijoux said:

Oh, thank you! I was looking for a pear to fit a setting that I have and that one is gorgeous but just a tad too small. I ended up ordering this one yesterday...
http://thegemtrader.com/July12ZAmethystPage.htm
Stargurl you & I are on a similar hunt! I TOTALLY wanted that ammy :love: but its a tad too big for the setting I have. I can't wait to see pics when you get it!!

Kismet

Ideal_Rock
This kunzite from ATG is awfully pretty.

atg-kunzite.jpg

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
K: That kunzite really looks gorgeous in that photo, but have you bought from them, because I wonder if they don't pump up the color in their photos...Also, what's the price? Thx

cookies

Brilliant_Rock
minousbijoux|1342132085|3232987 said:
K: That kunzite really looks gorgeous in that photo, but have you bought from them, because I wonder if they don't pump up the color in their photos...Also, what's the price? Thx

It's $200 per carat. So 41.80 carats x $200 = $8360. Maybe if I won the lottery!

stargurl78

Ideal_Rock
jbkhere said:
Stargurl you & I are on a similar hunt! I TOTALLY wanted that ammy :love: but its a tad too big for the setting I have. I can't wait to see pics when you get it!!

Well I hope you find a pear that works for you! I currently have a light pink tourmaline in my pear setting but I have so many pink rings so I'm hoping that the ammy will work out. I'll be sure to post pics once it arrives!

Kismet

Ideal_Rock
minousbijoux|1342132085|3232987 said:

I haven't purchased from them before so I can't say how accurate their photographs are. They describe it as blueish purple though. They have a bunch of pictures of the rough and in process cutting too.

jbkhere

Brilliant_Rock
stargurl78|1342136995|3233023 said:
jbkhere said:

Well I hope you find a pear that works for you! I currently have a light pink tourmaline in my pear setting but I have so many pink rings so I'm hoping that the ammy will work out. I'll be sure to post pics once it arrives!

hhmmmm - what are you plans for your tourmaline? :Up_to_something:

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
How likely is that gorgeous kunzite to fade though? It would be a shame to spend $8K for something that is rarely worn.

stargurl78

Ideal_Rock
jbkhere said:
hhmmmm - what are you plans for your tourmaline? :Up_to_something:

If the ammy works out, I will probably sell the tourmaline on DB. What size pear are you looking for?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results