color
clarity

Somebody's Gotta Buy This Stone!

MAC-W

Brilliant_Rock
JewelFreak|1341497915|3228892 said:
Yahoo, Mac! Post pics if you buy it, please -- and plans for it. :appl:

--- Laurie

I promise I'll post lots of picture if I get it.

I'm thinking 3 three stone with a rose gold centre - Whatcha reckon? Good plan? what proportions should the side stones be?

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yay!!! :appl: :appl: :appl:

This is exactly why we want a thread like this! Keep 'em coming!

y2kitty

Brilliant_Rock
Talk me out of that sapphire....I can afford it...but if my car breaks I will be riding the bus with a really awesome sapphire...lol

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi HKK:

If you really want to be talked out of it, start a thread LOL! I would have a bunch of questions about it first. While it has a lot of promise, I do think you should start a thread and see what you get. =)

Justin_Cutter

Brilliant_Rock
herekittykitty|1341577234|3229394 said:
Talk me out of that sapphire....I can afford it...but if my car breaks I will be riding the bus with a really awesome sapphire...lol

Something I ask myself every time I am contemplating a big purchase is..... "Can I afford to replace it if it breaks or if I lose it"
Sometimes I follow that rule and sometimes I don't lol but its worth a ponder.

I understand tho! If I was in the market for a sapphire that size I would have bought it the moment I saw it! I am so curious about the origin... not that it matters in sapphire that pretty and at that price but I would love to know. I suspect Sri Lanka but every origin has its surprises.

It really is an incredible deal!!! Believe me I have thought about buying it. :love:
~Justin

colorluvr

Brilliant_Rock
Chrono|1341489932|3228844 said:
Jereni|1341349887|3228087 said:
I've been stalking this Merelani Mint Garnet for weeks (Clear Cut Gems). Since it hasn't gone anywhere, I'm guessing it's overpriced for its size? I'm still learning though.

Just in case anyone falls in love: 1.52ct, $1550

That is very expensive!

I agree, I have a Roger Dery precision cut 1.77ct elongated hexagon merelani mint garnet that is gorgeous and it wasn't that much.

wordie89

Brilliant_Rock
This is a nice orange spess in a shape reminiscent of art deco.... 1.6 ct, $336. Slightly included as you can see but I like this color... mar-08-spess-ii.gif

wordie89

Brilliant_Rock
aquamarine_osiris.jpg

Even though the medium blues are popular in aquamarine (and often heated to get that shade) I also like the green blue aquamarines. This one is from Osiris and is huge, 16 cts. Don't have price on it.

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks for the pics! If you could, try and have all the info when posting as otherwise its hard for people to know whether the stone fits the thread, which is to showcase stones that have the right combination of being unique/rare, high quality (great saturation and hue) and well cut at what we think is an excellent price point - so much so that it feels like, well, someone has to buy it! Please include the vendor, the stats and the price so that it is evident to us all what a good deal it is. Thanks...

Now I need help! Tan has a stone that I've been trying to add here, but for the life of me I can't seem to capture an image in order to list. So with apologies, I am breaking the rule of no links ( :oops: :o ) in order to post the stone, which seems to have good color and a great price point. If someone can add the photo(s) that would be great!

1.86 oval Tanzanian Color shift (blue to purple) Sapphire. Cutting is not bad with decent crown height, but it looks like it has some kind of fracture - if the fracture doesn't impact the structural integrity of the stone, for $99, its a good buy:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1-86ct-WoW-Very-Good-Oval-Color-Shift-Blue-Sapphire-/251099611176?pt=Loose_Gemstones_1&hash=item3a76b40028#ht_2603wt_958

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
Here it is, Minou.

sapphire_minou.jpg

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
Not the greatest picture, but good sized stone. From Constantin Wild, listed as Paraiba -- origin Nigeria. 5.43 ct., 11 x 9 mm. No other info & no price -- do you suppose that means it's free?

nigeria.jpg

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks, Jewel! Man, I'd love to know the price on that cuprian! Constantin Wild? There's a seller I haven't heard about. Is there a website where we can oggle?

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Somebody's gotta buy this diamond.
It's probably not too expensive.
If you buy it please send it to me for a photoshoot. :cheeky: :cheeky: :cheeky: I promise I'll send it back. :wavey:

http://www.fancydiamonds.net/view_diamonds/9033.htm

1.02 ct Fancy Intense Pink from the 2011 Argyle Tender Auction.
Strong Blue Fluorescence too. :love:

screen_shot_2012-07-07_at_11.png

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
kenny|1341730399|3230394 said:

Kenny, you're right - Someone's Gotta Get This Stone! at what can only be a bargain price of what, $1 mil? More?

You've heard it here from our FCD expert - If anyone can afford it, then buy it !

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
Oh, that is beautiful, Kenny. Since it's not too expensive, why don't YOU buy it & give us more pics of it? :appl: :appl:

Constantin Wild website: http://www.gemstone.de, Minou. It annoys me when vendors provide so little info on their sites. Anyway, he has some beauties. Never have dealt with him so know nothing about him. I'd sure like to know how many zillions that stone is too.

--- Laurie

pinkjewel

Ideal_Rock
If you buy it please send it to me for a photoshoot. :cheeky: :cheeky: :cheeky: I promise I'll send it back. :wavey:

I've been watching that stone,too. Sigh-what a beauty!!! :love: :love: :love:
Waaay,out of my my budget,but would love to know how much that gem is going for!

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't dare even call to ASK the price.

screen_shot_2012-07-08_at_10.png

wordie89

Brilliant_Rock
That's gorgeous! Where's my lotto ticket??

wordie89

Brilliant_Rock
The color is intense... it looks a little like a holiday shop ring my son gave me when he was little! (I still have it :twirl: )

Here is a beautiful purple spinel from Art Cut Gems. It's 1.58 ct and asking $179. Nice addition to a spinel collection or if you're looking for purple stones.

art_cut_gems_1.jpg

pinkjewel

Ideal_Rock

OMG-it's listed as SOLD today. Wonder who bought it?????? OK-Kenny, was it you?? :naughty:

erinl

Brilliant_Rock
Minous,

I was in negotiations on that chrysoberyl when you posted the info in this thread. I ended up purchasing it. It was much more than I expected to ever pay for a chrysoberyl, but I have been looking for one since Feb of last year. I received it today and it is even better in person! I took a quick shot with my phone today while driving, please excuse my grotty hands and lack of a manicure :sick:

chrysoberyl709.jpg

GliderPoss

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ahhh that chrysoberyl is to die for!!!! :love: :love: Lovely huge size too. Yum....

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Erini! I am so happy to hear that you were the smart one that went after that stone! There are times when we gem lovers find a stone with stellar color, and times you get a stone because of excellent cutting, but ever so often, in certain rare instances, you find a prize that has THE color and stellar cutting and rises to a whole other level - I think of these as collector stones and know - just know them when I see them. Your neon chrysoberyl looks like it rises to that level.

I hope we didn't complicate anything for you by posting it at that awkward time!

So you'll be owing us a real photoshoot, right? Also CADs and the usual fun stuff, heh heh. Oh, and one more thing, don't you own a Mahenge spinel that you will be setting? :naughty:

wordie89

Brilliant_Rock
What a lovely sparkly stone! Congrats!
I can't get good pics with my camera phone...that's rather a decent shot.

iLander

Ideal_Rock
I love this thread, MB! :wavey: We've needed one like this for a long time.

Here's a stone that Jerry cut for me, but then he and I both decided it was too light in color for me;

http://www.gemartservices.com/for-sale.html the pink tourmaline near the bottom. He did the same cut and polish on my tourm (which is fuchsia) and it's an amazing cut. The sparkle is unreal.

If someone is looking for a pink stone, this is a gobsmacker in real life, better than the photo.

tou005.jpg

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, iLander, Jerry's cutting is so beautiful...

erinl

Brilliant_Rock
Minou:

No worries--if anything, it made me trust my hunch on that stone and pull the trigger instead of watching it sell and kicking myself!

For all those chrysoberyl seekers, there is another chrysoberyl listed by Jeff Davis on ebay:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/4-05ct-PRECISION-CUT-NEON-CHRYSOBERYL-MADAGASCAR-WATCH-VIDEO-/370627084052?_trksid=p5197.m1992&_trkparms=aid%3D111000%26algo%3DREC.CURRENT%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D14%26meid%3D512318940468780788%26pid%3D100015%26prg%3D1006%26rk%3D1%26

I'm not sure how this one compares to the one I just purchased. I would also ask what the dimensions are; mine was slightly different and this stone looks much too elongated to be nearly square. I would also check that the pictures posted are actually of the listed stone.

cookies

Brilliant_Rock
Someone please buy this gorgeous purple cuprian tourmaline from Richard Wise! The price is not shown, but I asked back in 2010, and it was around $9000 or $9500. There is a 25% sale at the moment for all of his gemstones and jewelry. But I still couldn't afford it.

12.5 x 11.1mm
8.14ct
http://rwwise.com/products/id%7C951

richard_wise_purple_cuprian_tourmaline.jpg

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
pinkjewel|1341845067|3230991 said:
OMG-it's listed as SOLD today. Wonder who bought it?????? OK-Kenny, was it you?? :naughty:

OMG! I WISH!
I ain't got THAT kind of $$$$. ;(

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results