carat
color
clarity

Somebody's Gotta Buy This Stone!

NKOTB

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Chrono|1439908298|3915994 said:
Sorry for being off-topic but has anyone noticed that Barry is tweaking his pictures these days? He never used to do this but perhaps he feels the need to do so now with other vendors doing the same brightness amplification. I also used to be able to "read" Brad's pictures accurately but the last few stones turned out very unlike his pictures which resulted in 100% returns.
He got a new camera a while ago and the pictures changed after that. He mentioned it in one of his newsletters.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
NKOTB,
Thanks for the update! I guess I missed that in the newsletter.

iLander

Ideal_Rock
Wait- there's a newsletter? :confused:

S

SparkliesLuver

Very pretty pink spinel! This deserves a great home.
5.8 x 5.8 x 4.0 mm
$475

Also, watch the video for the 2.10ct garnet right next to it - wow!
7.8 x 4.8 mm for $375

http://www.stevorocks.com/

9192535_a.jpg

9877647_a.jpg

drruby

Shiny_Rock
depth is way off IMO

you get way over normal range when you divide the depth into the width

it should be 55-65% or it's considered miscut

my opinion on first stone in thread

I guess this is a thread for lots of stones

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
iLander|1439945909|3916221 said:
Wait- there's a newsletter? :confused:

Barry sends out a lengthy newsletter from time to time, about upcoming stones for sale, and brush on work and home fronts etc...

DK :))

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
drruby|1441039643|3921655 said:
depth is way off IMO

:wall: :wall: :wall:

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
depth is way off IMO

You might consider yourself a ruby expert, but you certainly appear to know very little about other colored stones and precision cutting. Take a minute, read some threads and you might just learn something. :))

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
SparkliesLuver|1441033047|3921598 said:
5.8 x 5.8 x 4.0 mm
$475

7.8 x 4.8 mm for $375

Very nice stones. I absolutely love the cut of that garnet. What a beauty!

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I know this might be a long shot, but does anyone remember who was looking for a pink sapphire a few weeks ago on the thread? The search function isn't working for me right now.

Whoever you are, if you are reading this here's one you might like from an eBay vendor that comes with a free GIA report and allows returns. I haven't personally dealt with this vendor, so I can't speak to that, but there are videos and photos of the GIA report, which at least points towards some honesty :) Just wanted to let you know if you are still on the hunt for one!

Stats: 1.03 unheated GIA sapphire, oval cut.

Here's a pic:
$_12.jpg

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ABSOLUTELY-...NK-SAPPHIRE-/221867305717?hash=item33a8526af5

_lovesvintage_

Brilliant_Rock
SparkliesLuver|1441033047|3921598 said:
5.8 x 5.8 x 4.0 mm
$475

7.8 x 4.8 mm for $375

SparkliesLuver, thanks for introducing me to this vendor! I checked his website out and ended up buying the spess garnet b/c I have been wanting a red/orange spess after missing out on the one that Gene had recently. So big thanks to you again!

S

SparkliesLuver

You're welcome, lovesvintage! :) Happy to help out. Steve is a great guy! Oh, and don't forget to post lots of pictures when you get it. :naughty:

S

SparkliesLuver

I feel like I don't often see nice purple spinels, so I had to post this one. Plus, I'm usually a sucker for square-step designs. Hope this finds a good PS home soon!

2.20cts
7.18 × 7.17 × 4.93mm
Untreated
Almost eye clean
$900
http://www.torraca.net/projects/spin1054/

spin1054_h.jpg

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
SparkliesLuver|1441201183|3922591 said:
I feel like I don't often see nice purple spinels, so I had to post this one. Plus, I'm usually a sucker for square-step designs. Hope this finds a good PS home soon!

2.20cts
7.18 × 7.17 × 4.93mm
Untreated
Almost eye clean
$900
http://www.torraca.net/projects/spin1054/

That looks beautiful. I hope someone gets that and truly loves it.

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hathalove is selling this gorgeous blue tourmaline. I am surprised that it has not sold yet, but I think that's because lately, things are getting buried on LT so quickly. 1 ct, Afghani teal tourmaline precision cut by Gene. Dimensions 6.45x4.93x3.84mm. Cut corner rectangle. $360. It really is beautiful:

http://loupetroop.com/listings/loose-stones-colored-gemstone/teal-tourmaline-cut-by-gene

How do I know? I sold it to her a few years back. If anyone is looking for a stunning, well saturated and extremely well cut teal tourmaline that will not break the bank, this is it!

hathalove_s_tourm_pre.jpg

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So for those of you who don't know her, Christiane Morin is another excellent cutter from Canada. Chris Auletta often sells stones cut by Christiane and this one looks to be a stunner (I've heard via the grapevine this one is beautiful). This is what Chris says about it:

"This is a gorgeous Pink. In daylight, it is a deep pink, with an orange flash. This stone does shift to Orange in some lighting but NO BROWN" It is Brazilian and eye clean. You'd have to ask about treatment (I imagine its untreated otherwise he would've specified). $400 buys you this gorgeous, 3.15 ct, 8.25mm fancy square cut stone.

http://loupetroop.com/listings/loose-stones-colored-gemstone/stunning-3ct-plus-pink-orange-brazilian-tourmaline-precision-cut

christian_e_tourm_pre.jpg

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
minousbijoux|1441389957|3923641 said:
So for those of you who don't know her, Christiane Morin is another excellent cutter from Canada. Chris Auletta often sells stones cut by Christiane and this one looks to be a stunner (I've heard via the grapevine this one is beautiful). This is what Chris says about it:

"This is a gorgeous Pink. In daylight, it is a deep pink, with an orange flash. This stone does shift to Orange in some lighting but NO BROWN" It is Brazilian and eye clean. You'd have to ask about treatment (I imagine its untreated otherwise he would've specified). $400 buys you this gorgeous, 3.15 ct, 8.25mm fancy square cut stone.

http://loupetroop.com/listings/loose-stones-colored-gemstone/stunning-3ct-plus-pink-orange-brazilian-tourmaline-precision-cut

I was thinking of posting this one as well! Glad someone else posted it. The stone is truly gorgeous looking (based on pics).

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous pink tourmaline! Thanks for posting.

arabella

Shiny_Rock
I've been admiring that pink tourmaline! If I hadn't just bought a pink, I would have snatched that one up. Someone get it! :angel:

lilmosun

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Another fan of Christiane's faceting work...highly recommended.

Speaking of favorites...someone needs to save me from buying this one on DB:

vickygigitourm.jpg

2.38 ct. green blue tourmaline pear. (10.2 x 7.7 mm). Faceted by Dan Lynch. Eye clean and untreated. This stone is amazing! It has open color and a lot of blue in it. I will throw in a blue tourmaline baguette. The baguette would make a beautiful pendant bale or other project stone. $575

http://www.diamondbistro.com/category/238/Tourmaline/listings/44387/238-ct-Green-Blue-Tourmaline-Pear-Precision.html

I bought my first ring off LT from her and probably owe half of my CS collection to the seller. Her stones always look better IRL and descriptions are very accurate. And when she says amazing, I know it will be. I know that she is selling items that she meant to keep (and she is very picky - in a good way haha). If I didn't already buy some things, this would be gone. Someone please buy so I can stop sitting here trying to talk myself out of it :)

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
lovedogs|1441046577|3921730 said:
depth is way off IMO

:wall: :wall: :wall:

It's okay; I guess he likes stones with gaping windows.

picante27

Shiny_Rock
minousbijoux|1441227086|3922798 said:
Hathalove is selling this gorgeous blue tourmaline. I am surprised that it has not sold yet, but I think that's because lately, things are getting buried on LT so quickly. 1 ct, Afghani teal tourmaline precision cut by Gene. Dimensions 6.45x4.93x3.84mm. Cut corner rectangle. $360. It really is beautiful:

http://loupetroop.com/listings/loose-stones-colored-gemstone/teal-tourmaline-cut-by-gene

How do I know? I sold it to her a few years back. If anyone is looking for a stunning, well saturated and extremely well cut teal tourmaline that will not break the bank, this is it!

I just purchased this tourmaline!!! :dance: I'm excited to see it in person. Now I have to decide what to do with it, I'm thinking maybe an east to west set pendant???

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
picante27|1442349281|3928115 said:

I just purchased this tourmaline!!! :dance: I'm excited to see it in person. Now I have to decide what to do with it, I'm thinking maybe an east to west set pendant???

I'm glad someone on PS got it...now I'll get to see more pics. Hand shots please. :love:

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I sincerely doubt you will regret this - or, a better way of saying it is that I think you will be really pleased!

austinj

Shiny_Rock
I discovered this ring after following a thread on Rocky Talky, and I am obsessed! I think it would make such a lovely engagement ring for someone! I wish I could buy it. Ok so I can't post a link because my phone is having a special day.. But I will write what it says about the ring. It is from Love Affair Diamonds.

Vendor says: This ring has everything! Incredible color in the beautiful asscher cut 1.87 untreated pink spinel ( impeccably cut by J.L. White Fine Gems) set in a stunning platinum vintage inspired halo and trapezoid diamond setting from Martin Flyer.
This setting alone retails for over $8K! This ring would make a gorgeous right hand ring, or unconventional engagement ring. It's beautiful in every way. Size 6, sizable.

Price: 4,995$

_34427.jpg

Rockinruby

Ideal_Rock

Yay! Glad a PSer got it. Can't wait to see more pics once it arrives! It's a beautiful stone! :appl:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results