Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Babyblue033

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I was dying when I saw this too! Only if I hadn't emptied out my wallet recently on all kinds of things :(2

Exactly!!! I bought a mint garnet ring (no regrets there) but now I’m tapped out and this baby is stunning. I’ve been loving this color tourmaline since Gene cut them for multiple PS members. @Acinom was one of them but I can’t remember the others offhand. Just an exquisite color. Totally drool worthy. :drool:

Babyblue033

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Exactly!!! I bought a mint garnet ring (no regrets there) but now I’m tapped out and this baby is stunning. I’ve been loving this color tourmaline since Gene cut them for multiple PS members. @Acinom was one of them but I can’t remember the others offhand. Just an exquisite color. Totally drool worthy. :drool:
Ohhh mint garnet ring, which one?

Me I bought ridiculous (in a good way) synthetic stones from Jeff White and impulsively sent one of them to CvB to be set. I'm officially done with buying for a looong time :confused2:

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ohhh mint garnet ring, which one?

Me I bought ridiculous (in a good way) synthetic stones from Jeff White and impulsively sent one of them to CvB to be set. I'm officially done with buying for a looong time :confused2:

I can't wait to see that! What setting did you choose?

My mint ring: click me

Babyblue033

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I can't wait to see that! What setting did you choose?

My mint ring: click me
I don't know how I missed that, that is GORGEOUS! :eek2: Love both the stone and the setting.

I'm setting it in Isadora, same one Crystal Dreams have for her natural emerald. Had a total emerald envy when I saw that :kiss2:

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
From the Jeff White Vault Collection:
A 1.35ct unheated & untreated Madagascar ruby. $4,455 (including a 10% subscriber discount). (Reach out to Jeff via email with any interest)

I’m not really into Rubies but this one is just beautiful. :kiss2: It’s not a budget stone but it is something special.
D5B532FD-DB35-47F5-BF48-A19EF733B09C.jpeg

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
All these stones and I'm so damn tapped out :cry2::cry2::cry2::cry2::cry2:
A 1.35ct unheated & untreated Madagascar ruby. $4,455 (including a 10% subscriber discount). (Reach out to Jeff via email with any interest)

I’m not really into Rubies but this one is just beautiful. :kiss2: It’s not a budget stone but it is something special.

:kiss2: I want that! I'm too poor for it, but I sure do want it.

meely

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Loving the tourmaline and the ruby :love::love::love:. That tourmaline is honestly a dream stone for me. Perfect color.

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Loving the tourmaline and the ruby :love::love::love:. That tourmaline is honestly a dream stone for me. Perfect color.

Me too! If I had the cash for it right now, it’d be mine. :love:

z157

Rough_Rock
Yesterday, I had the pleasure of meeting Gary of Finewater Gems. He's a very nice, knowledgeable man, and showed me some incredibly beautiful stones, my favorite being this spinel. The photos don't do it justice. It looked like a shimmery, sparkly piece of candy. Just wow! I can't afford it, but if anyone is looking, here is a beauty:
s913627216465936_p405_i4_w160.jpeg

https://www.finewatergems.com/store/p405/2.40_ct_Burmese_Pink_Spinel.html

Thanks for the heads up. This was a good one for my 1st spinel. Have a 30th anniversary coming up in a few months.

chatoyancy

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

You don’t see rubies that pretty very often anymore. I love the cut.

PinkAndBlueBling

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Thanks for the heads up. This was a good one for my 1st spinel. Have a 30th anniversary coming up in a few months.
Oh, yay! I'm happy for you and can't wait to see what you have planned for this beauty!

passions4purples

Rough_Rock

This ruby is phenomenal; it glows! I usually prefer rubies on the darker purple-pink side, but this is so lovely.

voce

Ideal_Rock

Both of these are so gorgeous, but I don't have the funds for them!

MJ_Mac

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Both of these are so gorgeous, but I don't have the funds for them!

The ruby is sold. :dance:

I am very excited. I need another ruby like I need another hole in my head (as my late mother would say) but I just couldn't resist. I just happened to be looking at my email at the right time.

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium

I am very excited. I need another ruby like I need another hole in my head (as my late mother would say) but I just couldn't resist. I just happened to be looking at my email at the right time.

You bought it? Congratulations! I’m so excited a PSr got it because now your obligated to come back and share more pics of this beauty. :D:P2 It’s a freaking gorgeous color so congrats again.

natasha-cupcake

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

Too many rubies--that's so awful. Please, feel free to toss a few my way--I'd be happy to take them off your hands. I can be very helpful that way. :D

Congratulations on buying this one. It's gorgeous and it needed a home.

MJ_Mac

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Thanks @elle_71125 and @natasha-cupcake. I am very excited about this. I looked at my email about 7 minutes after I received the message from Jeff. It took me less than a minute to decide and reply. I thought for sure it would already be spoken for. It's pink toned, has silk which gives glow and is an emerald cut - all 3 which are my favourites. And it's cut by Jeff! The fact that it's unheated is a bonus. I will for sure post pictures when I get it. I have two rubies currently unset so it seems silly to get another but sometimes you just know when it's right. Years ago my jeweller brought in various unheated rubies for me to look at for a ring I was planning. There was a glowy pinkish round ruby that I have regretted not getting. I didn't want to make the same mistake twice.

Garnetgirl

Ideal_Rock
https://loupetroop.com/listings/rin...id-and-diamond-ring-agl-prestige-report;23285

3.56 Ct Russian demantoid with a baguette diamond setting for $4000? This seems like a steal, if only I had the money to spare.

Hi @voce
I think that one of the reasons for the relatively low price of this gem is its colour. The AGL report says greyish, yellowish green, so not highly saturated. Also, while horsetail inclusions are desirable, this garnet seems to have an awful lot of them. The stone would probably not be sparkly; one of the wonderful attributes of demantoids (which means diamond-like) is how sparkly they are.
I have an African demantoid with no horsetails, so definitely not in the same league as the Russian stones. However, I really love the sparkle it gives off.

voce

Ideal_Rock
@Garnetgirl you're right. The reason it's being offered at this price, is because it won't sell at a higher price. The stone doesn't look sparkly at all, just glowy, and the green is not my favorite shade either.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results