shape
carat
color
clarity

Somebody's Gotta Buy This Piece!

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
Interesting. Wonder if that’s why some vendors post as “$100” and others do something like “one hun dred doll ars”?

Exactly! I have noticed that too, or they have pictures of the numbers instead of having them typed out. Since they go through that trouble it makes me think that there is some truth to it. Probably more on smaller accounts vs a bigger company.

athenaworth

Ideal_Rock
Trade
In response to putting pricing in posts - personally, I've noticed that IG doesn't show my post if they think I'm trying to sell something. I avoid selling buzzwords and I used to use emjoi numbers. I think they've picked up on that trick though so now I'll have to think of something else, but they always seem to be faster than me. But I agree with all of you, it definitely is more helpful to have a price in a post.

Lookinagain

Ideal_Rock
Premium
In response to putting pricing in posts - personally, I've noticed that IG doesn't show my post if they think I'm trying to sell something. I avoid selling buzzwords and I used to use emjoi numbers. I think they've picked up on that trick though so now I'll have to think of something else, but they always seem to be faster than me. But I agree with all of you, it definitely is more helpful to have a price in a post.

I think that's really interesting. I know there are some IG accounts where people do post prices all the time. Are there different types of accounts? Or are I only seeing them because I "follow" that vendor?

athenaworth

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I think that's really interesting. I know there are some IG accounts where people do post prices all the time. Are there different types of accounts? Or are I only seeing them because I "follow" that vendor?

Some folks seem to be immune to the curse of the dollar sign algorithm (damn them). I don't think it's a following thing either because I've posted using dollar signs and asked my friends if I'm showing up in their feed and I'm nowhere to be found. I swear it takes a PhD to figure this stuff out.

Lookinagain

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Some folks seem to be immune to the curse of the dollar sign algorithm (damn them). I don't think it's a following thing either because I've posted using dollar signs and asked my friends if I'm showing up in their feed and I'm nowhere to be found. I swear it takes a PhD to figure this stuff out.

that just doesn't seem right to me. either you are allowed to sell on IG or you are not. Something sounds fishy.

lala646

Brilliant_Rock
Anyone looking for some nice amethyst studs? Great price point.
s-l1600.png

athenaworth

Ideal_Rock
Trade
that just doesn't seem right to me. either you are allowed to sell on IG or you are not. Something sounds fishy.

I didn't say you're not allowed to sell on IG; IG suppresses posts if they see anything related to selling in the text of the post. Though I've also noticed that the IG algorithm pics up on the term "DM" now too, so even saying "DM for price" will possibly suppress a post.

Lookinagain

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I didn't say you're not allowed to sell on IG; IG suppresses posts if they see anything related to selling in the text of the post. Though I've also noticed that the IG algorithm pics up on the term "DM" now too, so even saying "DM for price" will possibly suppress a post.

I understand, but it seems to me by suppressing indications of selling they don't like it for some reason. And I guess I feel that it should either be okay to sell, or not be okay to sell. Not to allow it, but yet at the same time suppress it.

JV36912

Brilliant_Rock
Last edited:

athenaworth

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I understand, but it seems to me by suppressing indications of selling they don't like it for some reason. And I guess I feel that it should either be okay to sell, or not be okay to sell. Not to allow it, but yet at the same time suppress it.

It's pretty frustrating. It's been like this ever since FB bought IG.

JV36912

Brilliant_Rock

I love this ::Sigh:: I have such a soft spot for halos :kiss2:

Ok yall, I was communicating with this seller today and she sells on multiple platforms where items are sometimes offered at better prices (I'm guessing bc there are less fees involved). In any case, she's got the same ring listed on Etsy . Some one save me from myself! (And share lots of pictures if you do!!) :

Eli22

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Wonky old beauty looking for a home! Enamel? Check! OEC? Check! Tons of character? Check! Size 8.
a5dea50fa1ccdc024799ddd805c691da.jpg

You find the coolest things, @lala646 ! I've been meaning to ask - how did you find the Kwiat earrings on PA? There was no mention of the brand on the listing or paperwork even though the photos showed it!

lala646

Brilliant_Rock
You find the coolest things, @lala646 ! I've been meaning to ask - how did you find the Kwiat earrings on PA? There was no mention of the brand on the listing or paperwork even though the photos showed it!

I just happened to look closely at the pictures, because they looked to be of higher quality than a lot of the pieces they list, and lo and behold saw the Kwiat brand. Then I went to Kwiat's site and saw the pieces are still being sold, and that the PA price was redonk in comparison, and there you have it!

Eli22

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I just happened to look closely at the pictures, because they looked to be of higher quality than a lot of the pieces they list, and lo and behold saw the Kwiat brand. Then I went to Kwiat's site and saw the pieces are still being sold, and that the PA price was redonk in comparison, and there you have it!

So in love with the earrings, so thank you for your eagle eyes (and for releasing them into the universe ;-) ) !!!

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’ve been hesitant to share this here because I’ve noticed a certain IG seller seems to acquire pieces I’ve shared here, of course at quite a mark up. I shouldn’t care, but I really want a PS’er to scoop this amazing band so it goes to someone who will appreciate it for the treasure it is:

JV36912

Brilliant_Rock
I’ve been hesitant to share this here because I’ve noticed a certain IG seller seems to acquire pieces I’ve shared here, of course at quite a mark up. I shouldn’t care, but I really want a PS’er to scoop this amazing band so it goes to someone who will appreciate it for the treasure it is:

This is so beautiful! Love the cuts and sparkle of the diamonds ❤️

JV36912

Brilliant_Rock
Would someone kindly do me a solid and buy these earrings so I don't have to drool over them? OEC's, sugarloaf emerald cabs, just the right amount of presence on the ears. I'm in :kiss2: :kiss2: :kiss2: .
bd89d00393a73d07de913ac55c52303b.jpg

How gorgeous are these! What a neat find!

lala646

Brilliant_Rock

I definitely have a bit of hesitance to share listings sometimes too. But that ring is a beaut!

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I definitely have a bit of hesitance to share listings sometimes too. But that ring is a beaut!

Glad I’m not the only one! Idk, I just feel like people post here to help other antique and vintage lovers to find special things or a great deal. I really hope someone buys this, I considered it but….vet bills await :(

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium

That ring is sleek! I love it :love:
You have a great eye!

As for the rest of what you said - what a coincidence and if it truly is, have you picked your powerball numbers yet?
Otherwise and probably more realistically - how lame of them. :peeping tom emoji:
But your skill at this makes you a legend of sorts! :lol:

lala646

Brilliant_Rock

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ah, @Rfisher you are too kind. I just post things I like and it seems like a lot of other people share the vision, problem is having the eye and not the bank account to go with it!

Mrsz1ppy

Brilliant_Rock
Ah, @Rfisher you are too kind. I just post things I like and it seems like a lot of other people share the vision, problem is having the eye and not the bank account to go with it!

I really appreciate your posts. You do have a great eye! I can’t buy everything sadly but it sure is fun to look.

Mrsz1ppy

Brilliant_Rock
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results