shape
carat
color
clarity

Somebody's Gotta Buy This Piece!

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
I can’t use F&F because my husband is adamant I don’t attach our debit card. My credit card is attached to PayPal.

I didn't realize that you had to put a debit with PP; you put your bank account. And I thought you needed your bank acct in order to get payouts. Are you saying you only have your cc and nothing else? If so how do you get $ transferred to you?
If you pay F&F, the buyer pays a fee, I know this because I had to pay it when I bought my emerald cut. I was really shocked to be honest.

Did you pay with a cc? If so a fee is charged. But if you do it with your bank or debit, there shouldn't be a fee. I have paid with FF many times with no fees. For a bigger purchase I did use my cc and paid the 3%.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
@Mreader When I sell something I pay a fee and the cost of the check they mail to me. I only have a credit card attached for protection. The check doesn’t much though. I don’t remember how much it is. So by the time I factor in the shipping, fee, and the check..a chunk is gone..depending on how much the item was.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
If you pay F&F, the buyer pays a fee, I know this because I had to pay it when I bought my emerald cut. I was really shocked to be honest.

I didn’t know that!

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Mreader, I did use my credit card but I have used it in the past and don’t recall there being a fee for purchases.

ETA: I just realized I almost never pay F&F so maybe that’s why it was such a surprise, I just figured it would be the same no matter where the money comes from.

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
I have not had issues using F&F, no fees as either the sender or receiver. I used my checking account when sending F&F money Sunday.

Lookinagain

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I just bought something using F & F a few days ago and did not pay a fee. I attached my bank account so it could be debited, but then removed it immediately after so it wouldn't be sitting there. I wasn't able to remove the one credit card attached to Paypal and still keep the account open. I would have liked to do that and just add one in when needed, but that wasn't allowed.

Lookinagain

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I can’t use F&F because my husband is adamant I don’t attach our debit card. My credit card is attached to PayPal.

why not open a separate bank account and just keep a small amount of money in it to keep it open and to use for Paypal? You may be able to do that and avoid a service charge if you have an automatic deposit put in every month. I do that for an extra account I have as a joint account with my daughter so I could get money to her in a travel emergency. I have $25 a month put in it just to avoid the service fee.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
why not open a separate bank account and just keep a small amount of money in it to keep it open and to use for Paypal? You may be able to do that and avoid a service charge if you have an automatic deposit put in every month. I do that for an extra account I have as a joint account with my daughter so I could get money to her in a travel emergency. I have $25 a month put in it just to avoid the service fee.

That’s a really good idea..I have thought of doing that..I don’t sell that much but I do plan on thinning the herd so it can add up.

lala646

Brilliant_Rock
If anyone is looking for a LOT of finger coverage, this ring delivers. Hard to tell much from the images, but they do offer returns. Bonus: original ring box!
s-l1600.jpg

Eli22

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Do you have them yet?? Can we see them? Do you love them?? Squeee!
giphy.gif

Hahahaha pressure! I was finally able to try them on since I’ve been away…

I LOVE THEM! They are the sparkliest, prettiest things! I think I love them more in the box/on display than on my ears at this time. Nothing quite like earrings like this to point how asymmetrical you are :lol:
4D8630F5-D87E-475D-9216-9AF4FCFC2A11.jpeg 534581CC-4B13-49FE-A0DC-E0FE12ED8F67.jpeg

lala646

Brilliant_Rock
Hahahaha pressure! I was finally able to try them on since I’ve been away…

I LOVE THEM! They are the sparkliest, prettiest things! I think I love them more in the box/on display than on my ears at this time. Nothing quite like earrings like this to point how asymmetrical you are :lol:
4D8630F5-D87E-475D-9216-9AF4FCFC2A11.jpeg 534581CC-4B13-49FE-A0DC-E0FE12ED8F67.jpeg

They look gorgeous, and so wonderful on your ears!! I'm so happy you like them!

Also, ears are weird, right? My DH never wants to believe me when I tell him mine are super wonky and uneven. So it's not just you!

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Mreader are you in Manhattan? I imagine she has a connection or a few who allow her to rifle through the scrap piles. Probably charges her scrap plus a little… I’d love to do that too!

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
@Mreader are you in Manhattan? I imagine she has a connection or a few who allow her to rifle through the scrap piles. Probably charges her scrap plus a little… I’d love to do that too!

No not in NYC. But that’s what I was wondering whether ordinary people can just do that sort of thing or as a trade member she has some sort of connection with people who deal with scrap. I can’t believe the types of things that some people send to melt!

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Mreader, I don’t think the scrap piles are limited to only dealers although I haven’t gone myself.

Eli22

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
They look gorgeous, and so wonderful on your ears!! I'm so happy you like them!

Also, ears are weird, right? My DH never wants to believe me when I tell him mine are super wonky and uneven. So it's not just you!

Thank you so much again for pointing me in the right direction, I am very happy with them!

Lol yes re: ears. I think I was getting fitted for eyeglasses once when the tech said something to the effect of “oh- there’s nothing wrong with the glasses, one of your ears is higher than the other!” :lol:

cloud_less

Shiny_Rock
This vendor doesn’t have much information in their listings - so a lot is assumed
49D18CC0-9696-4216-B02A-53B3825B9D0A.jpeg

They also have a pair of turquoise/old cut earrings and a sapphire navette ring that give me the feels.

If hoarding truly kept me happy - I’d be asking them about a package deal :lol:
After much more info tho!!!!

I ended up getting this! super cute!! (will update with photos)
PS. personal experience with the seller was okay but not great. Hard to get any information about the item out of them. Especially won't recommend if you are in the states as I inevitably got into a dispute with dhl despite outlining the import HTS and what not.

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would be very tempted..but I really have too many bands now that I don’t know what to do with..I would want to know I could sell some I don’t wear. Now that PayPal reduced the amount you can sell to $600..I don’t know how to sell the ones I don’t reach for since my husband told me not to do it through Paypal..or credit card. I waited too long..I don’t have receipts for a lot of them. How do you prove you’re selling at a loss? I guess the ones you bought using PayPal in the last two years would count as a receipt..They don’t let you go back before 2021 though..

And @YadaYadaYada I suspect that this tax will be delayed another year. Hopefully.

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just seeing this on IG so not sure if it’s still available. Great price on a sapphire eternity if you’re a small size.

256036EC-8045-4F84-A3CA-ED5F2F7C915C.jpeg

Eli22

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I love her account and especially the sister account “tales from the junk pile”. I want to know how to find whatever gold place she goes to to rifle. Is that a normal thing?

Thanks for giving me yet another IG account to stalk…er…follow :lol:

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That’s a really good idea..I have thought of doing that..I don’t sell that much but I do plan on thinning the herd so it can add up.

When I used to buy a lot from EBay, tha’ts what I did. I had an account where I had a separate card, and only used that for PP purchases. I didn’t keep a lot of money in it either, so if it ever did get hacked, I wouldn’t have lost much.

CaseyLouLou

Brilliant_Rock
I love this but I just don’t wear white gold. It’s 5.4g and only $299. No returns though. The stones could be replaced. It’s a nice design.

lala646

Brilliant_Rock
I love her account and especially the sister account “tales from the junk pile”. I want to know how to find whatever gold place she goes to to rifle. Is that a normal thing?

Ok, I don't know whether to love you or hate you for giving me a new obsession! I'm recovering from surgery, so I've got a lot of time on my hands right now, lol! I read through every one of her posts, and I want to go scrounge through the junk pile with her so badly. She's going to Manhattan Gold & Silver, and far as I can tell it's trade only, but I don't know how that's determined. How do I get into the trade so I can go to the junk pile on my lunch hours???

lala646

Brilliant_Rock
Friends, I'm not sure what to think about this one. It's a bit of a Frankenstein, but could be gorgeous IRL? Could also be a very good deal if as nice as billed. Seller accepts returns and has excellent feedback (and seems like a hoot). Any 6.5's out there willing to take a little gamble?
s-l500.jpg

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
Ok, I don't know whether to love you or hate you for giving me a new obsession! I'm recovering from surgery, so I've got a lot of time on my hands right now, lol! I read through every one of her posts, and I want to go scrounge through the junk pile with her so badly. She's going to Manhattan Gold & Silver, and far as I can tell it's trade only, but I don't know how that's determined. How do I get into the trade so I can go to the junk pile on my lunch hours???

How did you figure out where the junk pile was?!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results