shape
carat
color
clarity

Somebody's Gotta Buy This Piece!

M

maru8888777

"Very feminine in style and colour, the enamel in shades of pinks and baby blues, accented with gold, the ring itself 18 carat gold and dates around 1830-40

The ring comprises five panels, the central panel or face of the ring being a locket, painted with a recumbant hound , probably a spaniel with his cream and tan markings, lying infront of a sky blue backdrop, framed with gold and hearts.
A dog, or hound, symbolises fidelity so this ring was probably a gift from a husband or lover, the locket probably held a lock of hair.

The ring is a size 8 and cannot be sized.

weight - 3.8g

condition - immaculate"

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Guys, you’ll have to DM for the price but I’m guessing it’s less than a million dollars if that helps anyone.

Serious note, I have never seen a ring with two old cut pears so that is pretty amazing.

9584851A-2F90-4602-89CE-1825A8291E17.jpeg

EF6DE0D2-793E-42A6-B7F2-3811FCA616FA.jpeg

Mreader

Ideal_Rock

lala646

Brilliant_Rock
Wow, you are good! I kept looking at it over and over before I finally saw the label you were talking about.

Also, I wanted to say best wishes on your recovery. I should’ve said that before! I got consumed by your sleuthing instead.

Thank you. I've been enjoying lots of nap time with our kittens while I recover. :)

lala646

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful flush set pear solitaire from Diamonds by Lauren, platinum size 6.25
s-l1600.jpg

Mrsz1ppy

Brilliant_Rock

Lookinagain

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Does anyone know why this is so dark between the stones? Is it some kind of dirt. The gold looks tarnished. I'd be interested if I could figure out what it was.

oldcutclubmember

Brilliant_Rock
Does anyone know why this is so dark between the stones? Is it some kind of dirt. The gold looks tarnished. I'd be interested if I could figure out what it was.

I think it’s tarnish, not dirt. I have gold ring with similar dark tarnished parts.

Lookinagain

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think it’s tarnish, not dirt. I have gold ring with similar dark tarnished parts.

well it's gone now. if someone here grabbed it I'd be interested to know if it's tarnish or something else and if you tried to clean it up.

Grymera

Shiny_Rock
Ok, real talk @Lookinagain and @oldcutclubmember it could very well be *both* dirt and tarnish. TRR does not clean its jewelry before sale. IMO it's super gross and really annoying but that's just something I've noticed with the pieces I've bought from them. That's why I'll take a chance on an item from them. Sometimes it looks terrible but that's because they just take the item and photograph it. I've had sooo much gunk come out from some of the items I've bought (barf). :shock:

Mrsz1ppy

Brilliant_Rock
Ok, real talk @Lookinagain and @oldcutclubmember it could very well be *both* dirt and tarnish. TRR does not clean its jewelry before sale. IMO it's super gross and really annoying but that's just something I've noticed with the pieces I've bought from them. That's why I'll take a chance on an item from them. Sometimes it looks terrible but that's because they just take the item and photograph it. I've had sooo much gunk come out from some of the items I've bought (barf). :shock:

Same. They don’t fix either. I’ve let them know melee was missing and gotten money back.

Lookinagain

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Same. They don’t fix either. I’ve let them know melee was missing and gotten money back.

Good to know. I've neve purchased from them but would have assumed that at least nothing was missing, even if the piece is dirty. Yikes.

lala646

Brilliant_Rock
Good to know. I've neve purchased from them but would have assumed that at least nothing was missing, even if the piece is dirty. Yikes.

If you look closely at their images, you can often see damage that is not mentioned in the condition notes. Sometimes it's stuff that's easily fixed, sometimes not. Sometimes the price reflects that damage, sometimes not.

Mreader

Ideal_Rock

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I agree @cloud_less and that makes it even more annoying that she is “DM for price”

At this point I don’t DM her because I figure I can’t afford anything she has.

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
I hate it when they say "DM for price". Just post it already. Why waste time on both sides if it's not in budget.

I hate it too, but I’ve seen sellers say that when they publish numbers they don’t show up in ppls feeds as often. Idk how true it is, but I’ve seen more than one seller say that. But still - it’s annoying!!

JV36912

Brilliant_Rock
I really love this piece for some reason. If I had extra funds laying around, I would have totally snapped it up (though looked into seeing if I could put it on a more simpler band):

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
I hate it too, but I’ve seen sellers say that when they publish numbers they don’t show up in ppls feeds as often. Idk how true it is, but I’ve seen more than one seller say that. But still - it’s annoying!!

Really, that's the reasoning? I pick who I follow by whether they post prices. If they don't, I don't follow. The ones I do don't seem to have any problem moving product, in fact they have trouble having enough to sell.

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
Really, that's the reasoning? I pick who I follow by whether they post prices. If they don't, I don't follow. The ones I do don't seem to have any problem moving product, in fact they have trouble having enough to sell.

Right but I follow tons of accts and some show up way more than others. I don’t pretend to know how IG algorithm works though!

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Right but I follow tons of accts and some show up way more than others. I don’t pretend to know how IG algorithm works though!

I could have swore they were saying something totally different about the $# not being included before it was claimed due to algorithms. Something that -yeah - had to do with being seen as ‘running a business’ but of course don’t have the screenshots to back that memory up or debunk it.

kgizo

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Interesting. Wonder if that’s why some vendors post as “$100” and others do something like “one hun dred doll ars”?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results