shape
carat
color
clarity

Somebody's Gotta Buy This Piece!

victoriangurl96

Rough_Rock
I've found another avatar brooch to replace Floosie, the flying bug with wonky pearl boobies:

The new girl isn't Victorian but she is tres elegant and also from Bentley & Skinner. I want them both, but unfortunately I can't afford either of them. :boohoo:

Last edited:

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
There’s someone on here who has an avatar of a girl holding a giant fly or something buggy..I have to blur my eyes when I see her post. I don’t even know who it is! :lol:

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sells for $145k. I tell you what.. if I could I WOULD.. helloooooooooooooo gorgeous! Did the queens parcel 200 years ago get jacked?!? Momma mia...:kiss2:

Pretty spectacular, yes, but it reminds me of the propeller from a small plane.

Heck, I’m pretty sure $145 would be enough for us to buy a brand new small plane!

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Pretty spectacular, yes, but it reminds me of the propeller from a small plane.

Heck, I’m pretty sure $145 would be enough for us to buy a brand new small plane!

I meant $145k, of course…

(creeping away quietly….)

OneKuhlChic

Shiny_Rock
Oh my lawd—my heart stopped. I am sorry/not sorry I missed this.

Wait, it just relisted. It’s on the tight end for me. Damn menopause weight. Pondering.

But I just did a thing. Will post if it works out.

That ring looks like it weighs a ton!!!
Is that hair? It seems so sad to me that the family let go of it. I’m not sure I would want some random person’s hair but it’s such as sweet idea to honor someone’s memory.

Are you referring to the mourning ring?? I wondered about that too. During the Victorian times they cut hair from loved ones for mourning jewelry.

Excerpt from Country Life:
"Little plaits made from the hair of the dead, neatly woven and placed into black-rimmed lockets, brooches, and rings were usually inscribed with initials, Obit (Latin for death) and date of death."

blingmeupscotty

Brilliant_Rock
Trade

lala646

Brilliant_Rock
This could convert to make a lot of necklaces! (And can use the remaining scrap gold towards funding the conversion)

https://www.ebay.com/itm/144503359222

s-l1600 (18).jpg

It's totally charming, but also reminds me somewhat of a bunch of cocktail picks:
1650209688345.png

Which also reminds me, if this hasn't come up before, you can get blingtastic cocktail picks:
1650209807068.png

daisygrl

Brilliant_Rock
It’s @daisygrl It’s a rather unusual avatar, but I find myself very attracted to it.

Yes, it is me. I usually hate insects but bees are the only insect I would tolerate and eventually learned to love, especially after I learned about them, their dancing rituals, and their cognitive abilities to recognize people's faces...etc. I also want to raise awareness of the importance of bees, thus the pic.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yes, it is me. I usually hate insects but bees are the only insect I would tolerate and eventually learned to love, especially after I learned about them, their dancing rituals, and their cognitive abilities to recognize people's faces...etc. I also want to raise awareness of the importance of bees, thus the pic.

That’s amazing! I didn’t know they can recognize people’s faces ..I didn’t even know that was a bee in your avatar. I knew it was a bug…but not a bee. I’ll look now because I’m not afraid of them. They are very important!

daisygrl

Brilliant_Rock
That’s amazing! I didn’t know they can recognize people’s faces ..I didn’t even know that was a bee in your avatar. I knew it was a bug…but not a bee. I’ll look now because I’m not afraid of them. They are very important!

I was wondering why would someone with a nick MamaBee be afraid of the bee. :lol: But I understand as I am really not well around bugs myself. This pic resonated with me as, to me, it represented an innocent child holding desperately onto the last bee left. A child representing a beginning of life and a bee as a preserver of life. Without getting too philosophical (that ship might have sailed), I hope this explanation will decrease the repulsiveness of my avatar.

victoriangurl96

Rough_Rock
I really like this Art Nouveau bar pin. But wow, I've never seen such a huge price difference for the same item. Even with the scratch on the back of the 2nd one the price differential seems extreme to me:

Tagging @Mreader because of the first listing!

Last edited:

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I was wondering why would someone with a nick MamaBee be afraid of the bee. :lol: But I understand as I am really not well around bugs myself. This pic resonated with me as, to me, it represented an innocent child holding desperately onto the last bee left. A child representing a beginning of life and a bee as a preserver of life. Without getting too philosophical (that ship might have sailed), I hope this explanation will decrease the repulsiveness of my avatar.
Please don’t think I’m repulsed by your avatar. It’s just a fear of bugs..I’m really okay with bees. I just came back from my house in Maryland. I wish I was there so I could take pics of the many bees that live in our back yard.

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
I really like this Art Nouveau bar pin. But wow, I've never seen such a huge price difference for the same item. Even with the scratch on the back of the 2nd one the price differential seems extreme to me:

Tagging @Mreader because of the first listing!

One of those is probably off by one number and therefore a typo. I have no idea if it’s the $3000 figure or the $300 figure.

Why was I tagged though? I’m not an expert in art nouveau lol.

Edit - never mind I see it’s because it’s the New Orleans shop. whoops! Well if it’s really worth 3K somebody could get it for a steal for 300! It’s really confusing because it is as if it’s The same item with the same gram weight and everything. But one shop is in Pennsylvania and the other in Nola. I don’t get it.

Last edited:

88_star

Shiny_Rock
Trade
This could convert to make a lot of necklaces! (And can use the remaining scrap gold towards funding the conversion)

https://www.ebay.com/itm/144503359222

s-l1600 (18).jpg

It’s so funny because I’m sure these all started their lives as separate stick pins, then someone came along and decided to mesh all their favorites together into one mega brooch.

Paisley2628

Brilliant_Rock
It’s so funny because I’m sure these all started their lives as separate stick pins, then someone came along and decided to mesh all their favorites together into one mega brooch.

Yes - you are correct! These types of brooches were created with separate stick pins

victoriangurl96

Rough_Rock
One of those is probably off by one number and therefore a typo. I have no idea if it’s the $3000 figure or the $300 figure.

Why was I tagged though? I’m not an expert in art nouveau lol.

Edit - never mind I see it’s because it’s the New Orleans shop. whoops! Well if it’s really worth 3K somebody could get it for a steal for 300! It’s really confusing because it is as if it’s The same item with the same gram weight and everything. But one shop is in Pennsylvania and the other in Nola. I don’t get it.

I'm thinking the eBay shop's lower price is the much more realistic price. The prices on the New Orleans shop's web site are eye watering in general to me. But man do they have some gorgeous jewelry. That would be the first place I'd go to window shop if I ever make it to NOLA. Their store looks incredible!

Neptune

Ideal_Rock
I'm surprised that the sapphire doesn't come with any big lab report.

1650321270367.png

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
I'm surprised that the sapphire doesn't come with any big lab report.

1650321270367.png

For that kind of money? Exactly. It's very beautiful, though. And it's natural! It threw me off at first because it's a setting style for the period that you would usually see a nice lab in at first glance.

Neptune

Ideal_Rock
For that kind of money? Exactly. It's very beautiful, though. And it's natural! It threw me off at first because it's a setting style for the period that you would usually see a nice lab in at first glance.

The sapphire might be quite shallow so I wonder if the basket is enclosed...

The gold setting also reminds me of this one.

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love this ring so much!

620BF349-169A-4119-AF8B-16B2555F7DD5.jpeg

CD8BA16C-B024-4EB1-9A84-0263A5AB0BBA.jpeg

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

OneKuhlChic

Shiny_Rock
@OneKuhlChic I’m also afraid of flying or jumping insects. I was absolute terrified when the cicadas were around.

Cicada's started my fear of flying insects!!! When I was 3 y/o and visiting my grandparents a giant cicada landed on my stomach... I was paralyzed with fear - all I could do was stand there looking at it and scream for my Grandma!!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Cicada's started my fear of flying insects!!! When I was 3 y/o and visiting my grandparents a giant cicada landed on my stomach... I was paralyzed with fear - all I could do was stand there looking at it and scream for my Grandma!!

That’s horrible! I had one fly into my hair when I was in my thirties. It was screaming and couldn’t get out. An older lady was the only one brave enough to try to get it out. I was screaming and drawing a crowd of other women..sympathetic…but wouldn’t get close enough to help. The older lady slapped me on the side of my head killing it. Then she picked it out of my hair. I truly was traumatized by it.
I’m older now but know I couldn’t help a young girl even now.

OneKuhlChic

Shiny_Rock
That’s horrible! I had one fly into my hair when I was in my thirties. It was screaming and couldn’t get out. An older lady was the only one brave enough to try to get it out. I was screaming and drawing a crowd of other women..sympathetic…but wouldn’t get close enough to help. The older lady slapped me on the side of my head killing it. Then she picked it out of my hair. I truly was traumatized by it.
I’m older now but know I couldn’t help a young girl even now.

That's terrible!!! My traumatic experience was nothing compared to yours!!! :eek2:

My poor little Grandma ran out of the house and knocked it off my sun dress then killed it... Thank God it didn't kill her, the poor thing was sickly with diabetes and major cardiac issues.

Last edited:

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
Love this ring so much!

620BF349-169A-4119-AF8B-16B2555F7DD5.jpeg

CD8BA16C-B024-4EB1-9A84-0263A5AB0BBA.jpeg

That is a beautiful stone. I love her page.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
That's terrible!!! My traumatic experience was nothing compared to yours!!! :eek2:

My poor little Grandma ran out of the house and knocked it off my sun dress then killed it... Thank God it didn't kill her, the poor thing was sickly with diabetes and major cardiac issues.

Her granddaughter was in trouble..Of course she would run out to save you! :kiss2:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results