shape
carat
color
clarity

Some new goodies, Barry Bridgestock Amethyst and Gary Braun Asscher Aqua!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

mochi

Ideal_Rock
This particular bezel set from WF is nice also. But I''m not too keen on the wide band.

wfbezeljpeg.jpg

mochi

Ideal_Rock
This one is very blingy, I think it''s besel, not too sure because it soooooo shiney!

wfbezel1jpeg.jpg

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/15/2008 4:10:22 PM
Author: LaurenThePartier

Date: 12/14/2008 2:02:39 PM
Author: tourmaline_lover
Hi Lauren,
I think you have some very pretty stones there, and nice cutting. It's pretty funny because I went to Tiffany & Co this week to see the famous Legacy aquas. I suspect the aquas are a medium color (not the deep blue you see in the catalogs), and I do think the fact that they bezel them does enhance the color quite a bit. I did not see any prong set aquas at all and they had other aqua choices as well other than the legacy. Therefore, I do think that bezeling an aqua is the way to go as far as giving some more color to the stone.
Thank you, TL, my friend!

I've seen the Tiffany Aquas in person, and have always loved them. They seem much more saturated than mine, but just WAY out of my price range.

I honestly think I may just reproduce my engagement ring setting with this Aqua. It's really my favourite iteration of a bezel, although I would feel stuck in a rut.
3.gif
Lauren,
If you ever do become interested in a deeper blue aqua, Tiffany & Co is severely overpriced and marked up tremendously. I know I'm very opinionated, but they're selling their name. I believe paraibainternational has some that are identical in color and saturation to Tiffany's.

Here's one for example, and they let you make offers on their stones now. This reminded me exactly of the color and saturation of theT&Co aquas I saw, and it's affordable. The T&Co stones also had grey modifiers.

http://www.paraibainternational.com/product_info.php?product=1510

Here's one I've been eyeing forever and would be my dream aqua. The cutting isn't the best, but the color is phenomenal.

http://www.paraibainternational.com/product_info.php?product=950

I can't wait to see your aqua finished in its bezel setting. It reminds me of a light blue diamond. Very lovely and so well cut by Gary.

jess1981

Shiny_Rock
I love the color of your aqua. I prefer the lighter color aquas. It is so clean and clear with that translucent aqua color. The cut is amazing. I think it would look great as a bezel or a solitare.

What would a custom bezel setting from whiteflash cost(approx)? If that is OK to ask if not feel free to completely ignore that question.

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks, TL for those links! I''ve had time to drool over them, and of course, conspire as to how I can spend my pennies! You always seem to do that for me!
11.gif

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/16/2008 5:20:17 PM
Author: jess1981

I love the color of your aqua. I prefer the lighter color aquas. It is so clean and clear with that translucent aqua color. The cut is amazing. I think it would look great as a bezel or a solitare.

What would a custom bezel setting from whiteflash cost(approx)? If that is OK to ask if not feel free to completely ignore that question.
Hey, Jess. I actually have no idea of cost since I''ve not gotten a quote recently. I would say in WG, it''ll probably be somewhere over $1k, as I know my setting was around that price over 3 years ago.

This is a good question - does anyone else have any input?

jess1981

Shiny_Rock
I just contacted James Meyer the designer who made coati's gorgeous ring a couple days ago. He was in a similar price range for a custom bezel between $1300 and $1500 for what I wanted. I think his designs are amazing.

Something like this in white gold would be beautiful with your aqua.

http://www.jamesmeyerjewelry.com/pieces/1274.htm

Here is his homepage link

http://www.jamesmeyerjewelry.com/

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lauren, your stones are gorgeous and will be lovely in a ring.

Mochi, I love the setting you found too.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results