shape
carat
color
clarity

Some new goodies, Barry Bridgestock Amethyst and Gary Braun Asscher Aqua!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
I just had a charged camera, and thought I would share.

First up is my Barry Bridgestock Amethyst that he cut to go into an LOGR Legacy.

original.aspx

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
In the setting.

original.aspx

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
On my hand. . .

original.aspx

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
One more of the amethyst!

original.aspx

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
My 2.9 ct. Asscher Aqua from Gary Braun!

original.aspx

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Sitting in the LOGR setting.

original.aspx

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Again.

original.aspx

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
By itself.

original.aspx

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
With my beloved e-ring.

original.aspx

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
And, the last pic!

original.aspx

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock

And now, because of the lighter coluor, I'm thinking of bezeling that aqua. What do you guys think?

bebe

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/14/2008 1:24:26 PM
Author: LaurenThePartier
And now, because of the lighter coluor, I''m thinking of bezeling that aqua. What do you guys think?
Lauren, what would a bezel do or not do because it is a lighter color?
Trying to learn something here! Beautiful stone - I want one.

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock

Date: 12/14/2008 1:30:12 PM
Author: bebe

Date: 12/14/2008 1:24:26 PM
And now, because of the lighter coluor, I''m thinking of bezeling that aqua. What do you guys think?
Lauren, what would a bezel do or not do because it is a lighter color?
Trying to learn something here! Beautiful stone - I want one.

The theory is that it should darken it up, and hopefully have the same effect that bezeling had on my Asscher. As you can see in the white gold setting, the colour is somewhat washed out. I was thinking of just doing a solitaire, but because it''s so light I''m wondering if it would just get lost.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Lauren,
I think you have some very pretty stones there, and nice cutting. It''s pretty funny because I went to Tiffany & Co this week to see the famous Legacy aquas. I suspect the aquas are a medium color (not the deep blue you see in the catalogs), and I do think the fact that they bezel them does enhance the color quite a bit. I did not see any prong set aquas at all and they had other aqua choices as well other than the legacy. Therefore, I do think that bezeling an aqua is the way to go as far as giving some more color to the stone.

mochi

Ideal_Rock
Those are two beautiful stones, Lauren!! How do you like the asscher aqua? You do such a wonderful job photographing your gems, they are lovely!

I am going toward bezel for my aqua. There was a post of a picture that I save that I''m really leaning toward. This will be a project for next year and I will be using WF.

mochi

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/14/2008 1:18:53 PM

On my hand. . .

original.aspx
I love how the purple pops with the white gold. It really makes the stone stand out. Are you going to put it in that setting? What are the stats on that stone if I may ask?..

ETA: I just read that you had this cut to fit the LOGR setting... I was so excited looking at your pictures that I just skimmed right through it..sorry!!!

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful rings. I take it that the amethyst completes your gorgeous ring rainbow? Can we get a new photo of them all?

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
Nice stones Lauren! That amethyst looks like it goes violet! Very cool color!

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
GORGEOUS Lauren!! The amethyst looks amazing in the setting, and that aqua is exquisite!!! I love the idea of bezeling that baby!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
They''re both BEAUTIFUL, Lauren! I love how the amethyst "pops" in that setting. I also agree that the aqua seems a little washed out in that setting.

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lauren your Amethyst in the LOGR setting is phenomenal. I''ve been looking for a purple sapphire to do the same thing. Seeing yours now and the colour combination, I''m convinced - it honestly looks stunning.

As for the Aqua, I totaly agree that it needs a bezel. It doesn''t stand out in the LOGR setting and a beautiful stone like that needs to. As you say, it''ll darken the look and the contrast will be lovely. I don''t think you wear yellow gold do you? If you do, how about a yellow gold bezel - or perhaps bezel set with channel set diamonds so it''s got a white/yellow contrast? I''ve got an EC Aqua in a yellow and white gold setting (with prongs not bezel) if you want to get an idea? Let me know and I''ll post up a piccie.

You have such exquisite taste that I''m sure whatever you decide will be stunning.

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/14/2008 2:02:39 PM
Author: tourmaline_lover
Hi Lauren,
I think you have some very pretty stones there, and nice cutting. It''s pretty funny because I went to Tiffany & Co this week to see the famous Legacy aquas. I suspect the aquas are a medium color (not the deep blue you see in the catalogs), and I do think the fact that they bezel them does enhance the color quite a bit. I did not see any prong set aquas at all and they had other aqua choices as well other than the legacy. Therefore, I do think that bezeling an aqua is the way to go as far as giving some more color to the stone.
Thank you, TL, my friend!

I''ve seen the Tiffany Aquas in person, and have always loved them. They seem much more saturated than mine, but just WAY out of my price range.

I honestly think I may just reproduce my engagement ring setting with this Aqua. It''s really my favourite iteration of a bezel, although I would feel stuck in a rut.
3.gif

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/14/2008 2:46:24 PM
Author: mochi
Those are two beautiful stones, Lauren!! How do you like the asscher aqua? You do such a wonderful job photographing your gems, they are lovely!

I am going toward bezel for my aqua. There was a post of a picture that I save that I''m really leaning toward. This will be a project for next year and I will be using WF.
Mochi, thanks so much!

Ohhhh, could you please post the pic of the bezel you had saved? I''m severely leaning toward reproducing my e-ring setting, but I am also loving Coati''s gorgeous setting, so wondering if it might look nice in something like that?

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/14/2008 3:13:38 PM
Author: Fly Girl
Beautiful rings. I take it that the amethyst completes your gorgeous ring rainbow? Can we get a new photo of them all?
Thanks, Fly Girl!

I promise, once I get the amethyst set, I''ll post an updated rainbow pic again. My husband just rolls his eyes when I stand in front of my dresser trying to pick out which sweater to wear based on which ring I want to wear that day.
9.gif

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thank you, Erika, Andi, and Michelle!
30.gif

LovingDiamonds, thank you! I hadn't thought about yellow gold, just because I wear so little of it. But, it might actually be a nice contrast with the aqua. Hmmmm, I'm going to have to sit on this aqua for a long time. I love it too much to just put it in a haphazardly thought out setting.

mochi

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/15/2008 4:11:41 PM

Mochi, thanks so much!

Ohhhh, could you please post the pic of the bezel you had saved? I''m severely leaning toward reproducing my e-ring setting, but I am also loving Coati''s gorgeous setting, so wondering if it might look nice in something like that?
Lauren!! I''m so excited for you (and for me
36.gif
). I''m so looking forward to seeing your end result of the aqua.

This is the setting I''m 99.9% sure of for mine. I don''t know whose''s ring it it but I think it''s just stunning!!
30.gif
30.gif

bezeljpeg.jpg

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock

Date: 12/15/2008 5:37:19 PM

Date: 12/15/2008 4:11:41 PM

I am going toward bezel for my aqua. There was a post of a picture that I save that I'm really leaning toward. This will be a project for next year and I will be using WF.
Mochi, thanks so much!

Ohhhh, could you please post the pic of the bezel you had saved? I'm severely leaning toward reproducing my e-ring setting, but I am also loving Coati's gorgeous setting, so wondering if it might look nice in something like that?
Lauren!! I'm so excited for you (and for me
36.gif
). I'm so looking forward to seeing your end result of the aqua.

This is the setting I'm 99.9% sure of for mine. I don't know whose's ring it it but I think it's just stunning!!
30.gif
30.gif

OK, that ring is stunning, and very close to the direction I was thinking of going. Bezeled, beveled, slightly rounded shank with a tiny bit of thickness to the bezel.

What's funny about that is Katie kind of gives me a heads-up when someone requests a setting simialr to my engagement ring, and she pointed me to this one a while back! Did you find this setting on WF's site?

mochi

Ideal_Rock
oops...double entry..

mochi

Ideal_Rock
I found this on PS on the right side where all the different pictures are in the gallery... I saw it just a few days ago infact. I see your rings on there all the time!LOL!!

It does look like yours, doesn't it?? I also love Coati's ring. It's just such a classy look. Are you thinking of yellow gold? I'm still not sure which way to go with the color of the gold. I must look at different aqua settings, I guess.

But isn't this exciting???

ETA: it's the WF showcase gallery... it's on there again.
36.gif

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/15/2008 7:49:36 PM
I found this on PS on the right side where all the different pictures are in the gallery... I saw it just a few days ago infact. I see your rings on there all the time!LOL!!

It does look like yours, doesn''t it?? I also love Coati''s ring. It''s just such a classy look. Are you thinking of yellow gold? I''m still not sure which way to go with the color of the gold. I must look at different aqua settings, I guess.

But isn''t this exciting???

ETA: it''s the WF showcase gallery... it''s on there again.
36.gif
I just found it! Thanks, Mochi!!!!!

I think I''m going to stick with white gold since that''s what all of my other jewelry is in . . . but, yeah, I''ll probably go through 15 iterations of settings because I''m so indecisive.

Have you gotten a quote from WF on that setting yet? Your Aqua is right around 8 mm, right?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results