shape
carat
color
clarity

Solitaire with diamond band

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Gleam

Brilliant_Rock
Diadiva again

RB&Channel.JPG

Gleam

Brilliant_Rock
Beacon''s

resize3.jpg

Gleam

Brilliant_Rock
tmdblue''s

E-ring&eternityband%20008.jpg

Gleam

Brilliant_Rock
jcrow''s set

noon1.jpg

puravida

Shiny_Rock
Not trying to threadjack, but I''m just wondering which types of eternity bands are safe to wear with a solitaire. By "safe" I mean, which ways can the stones be set so that I wouldn''t have to worry about the eternity band sawing away at the band of the solitaire? I''ve read about some people who''ve had the solitaire settings/bands chewed into by their e-band and I just wanna do my research before I decide which eternity band to fall in love with.

Gleam

Brilliant_Rock
stephinextremis
IMG_1594new.jpg

Gleam

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/24/2010 2:40:15 PM
Author: puravida
Not trying to threadjack, but I'm just wondering which types of eternity bands are safe to wear with a solitaire. By 'safe' I mean, which ways can the stones be set so that I wouldn't have to worry about the eternity band sawing away at the band of the solitaire? I've read about some people who've had the solitaire settings/bands chewed into by their e-band and I just wanna do my research before I decide which eternity band to fall in love with.

Channel set diamond eternity bands are pretty safe as long as the metal of the e-ring and the eternity band are the same... platinum with platinum, 18K with 18K, etc.

I think shared prong eternity bands tend to be a little dangerous because the girdles of the diamonds are often exposed, and can cut into your e-ring. You can always wear a thin spacer between the e-ring and eternity ring.

Turpinm1

Rough_Rock
Ohhh.I did not think about that-the band ''eating'' into the ER.
33.gif
We will just see how it goes. I am having my Princess reset into a 2.5mm 14kt yellow gold cathedral solitaire setting. I also purchased a .5 ctw 1/2 eternity band to accompany it. Now I get to play the waiting game, but I will post pictures once they come in!

LabRatPhD

Shiny_Rock
everyone''s sets are so lovely!
30.gif

I, too, am going for a diamond band with my solitaire and am getting such great ideas from this thread!

Turpinm1 - to ditto Gleam, channel set bands will probably cause less damage than shared-prong bands. It''s interesting though, I was trying on shared-prong eternities at Tiffany and the manager told me she has yet to see damage to an e-ring when wearing a shared-prong band.
33.gif
I don''t believe her, of course, so I plan on wearing a thin spacer with mine!
3.gif

OcMrsB

Rough_Rock
love the eyecandy!!

puravida

Shiny_Rock
Its too bad that channel set eternities are one of the few settings that I don''t like. I prefer shared prong, bead set, or fishtail pave. Then again, I''m leaning towards a bezel set eternity wedding band so I should be ok.

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock
Here''s a pic of my old diamond - 2.25 ct asscher solitaire with .50 cttw asscher band:

ashset1.JPG

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock
And here''s a pic of my new set - 2.01 ct RB with 1.68 cttw eternity band:

rbset1.jpg

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
A half eternity is pretty safe because you can have the mertal part of the shank made a little wider than the diamonds, so the diamonds do not touch. Also, you can have a solitaire where the head is recessed back so the diamonds don''t touch it. Then the only worry is scratching on the chank of the e-ring, which is not so bad.

My set shows both of these features.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Forgot to attach the pic showing the recessed head of the e-ring and the slightly thicker shank on the half eternity.

DDbaby11xx.jpg

Octavia

Ideal_Rock
Here''s my solitaire with custom BGD wedding band:
P1010969.JPG

chiquitapet

Ideal_Rock
Here is my upgraded solitaire with diamond band. I don't wear this combination as much anymore though, as the shared prong diamond in the middle of the wedding ring has been eating away into the e-ring. Definitely going to get myself a channel set band one of these days.

7IMG_0311res.jpg

whitby_2773

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/25/2010 1:18:19 AM
Author: Octavia

P1010969.JPG

hi octavia :)

can you pls tell me what ctw your engagement ring is pls? and also who did the setting?

it''s lovely :)

Octavia

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/26/2010 12:33:45 PM
Author: whitby_2773

can you pls tell me what ctw your engagement ring is pls? and also who did the setting?

Hi whitby! Thank you for the kind words.
1.gif
My engagement ring is Tiffany & Co, .35ct E VS1. The wedding band is a 3/4 eternity with alternating .05 and .02 F-G BGD Signature stones (ctw is .62, I think).

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Here''s my .75 solitaire with my bezel band. In a ginormous phot.
25.gif

gdbezhandsun.jpg

whitby_2773

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/26/2010 2:21:42 PM
Date: 1/26/2010 12:33:45 PM

Author: whitby_2773

Hi whitby! Thank you for the kind words.
1.gif
My engagement ring is Tiffany & Co, .35ct E VS1. The wedding band is a 3/4 eternity with alternating .05 and .02 F-G BGD Signature stones (ctw is .62, I think).

thanks for the stats, octavia :) my engagement ring is a triple, and i have a few other diamond rings - mainly bands - but no solitaires (well, one, but that''s ear marked for a different project). i''ve been thinking about getting myself a solitaire of about this size and have been looking at various styles. yours is delightful - thank you for sharing!

Scary

Rough_Rock
Here''s my 1.24 ct solitaire with .75ct eternity band - both are 2 mm (I wanted the same thickness) and my wedding band sits perfectly flush (also a criterion). The pic was taken at night with CFL lighting so you really can''t see much sparkle. I need to do an outdoor shoot one of these days - they really do shine!

SS ring_full set.jpeg

Gleam

Brilliant_Rock
Scary, is that really 1.24? What''s your finger size? Looks giant on you! In a good way!
3.gif

chiquitapet

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/26/2010 7:41:37 PM
Author: Gleam
Scary, is that really 1.24? What''s your finger size? Looks giant on you! In a good way!
3.gif
Ditto!!

waterlilly

Brilliant_Rock
A bezel, perhaps?
37.gif

here's some shots of mine with different bands...

bezel

pave band

brilliance4me

Shiny_Rock
41.gif

Date: 1/17/2010 1:23:34 PM
Author:Turpinm1
I would like to see all of your soliataires with diamond wedding bands. Presently I have a 1.01 princess cut diamond with channel set princess cut diamonds and matching band. I attached a picture so you can get a perspective. I am considering changing my setting again
emembarrassed.gif
to a solitaire with perhaps a 3/4 eternity band. I have always been a matchy kinda girl, but I see others that ''go outside of the box'' and I very unique and I really like them. Also, would resetting my diamond into a solitaire make the stone ''pop'' more or seem bigger?

I appreciate all of your suggestions and feedback!
I know what you mean about changing the setting. Getting a wider band for mine and it is at the jeweler''s right now being reset as we speak
41.gif

I have a 1.58 cushion cut with a shared prong band that has 7 diamonds ctw .58

01272010cush36.jpg

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would say that Center Stones that have thin bands near the stone itself POP. So you could go to a plain band or just pick a band that is thinner near your center stone for that look.

That's my opinion and I hope it helps. But your set is lovely as is.
21.gif

ETA: Everyone's rings are lovely and Dreamer's ring photo shows what I mean about the band being thinner near the stone.

Natylad

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My set! Solitaire: 0.90 H&A, E, VVS2 and half eternity band: 0.25, E, VVS1.

love set 001 (2).jpg

STEPHANSON

Shiny_Rock
here is my 1st anniversary upgrade
1.48 solitaire and 2.0 eternity band

h24.jpg

S&I

Brilliant_Rock
Hi turpinm1, I think your set is lovely as-is! But if you really want to reset it, having a solitaire with a thinner band will make the stone pop more.

Here is my 1.56 RB solitaire (2mm band) with 0.75 tcw channel-set half-eternity (3.8mm band):
IMG_0692_small.JPG

And here she is with a matching plain 2mm band:
IMG_0694_small.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results