shape
carat
color
clarity

Solitaire Pendant Neck shots Please!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
23.gif
Jenn, those are going to be simply AMAZING earrings. Your ears will be looking like Jessica Simpson''s with those big ol'' rocks. oh boy, I''m a stud girl and those have now been officially added to my wishlist.
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

Jennifer5973

Ideal_Rock
Both stones are I, SI2 (totally eye clean), identical dimensions down to the crown & pavillion angles... It was like they were right there waiting for me. So perfectly matched... amazing.

I chose the 3 prong martini setting in WG. I should have them next week sometime.
36.gif

ETA: I am sorry I hijacked the thread...didn't mean to! When Jelly asked, I had just gotten that pic from Denise and I gave in to temptation and posted it here!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Jenn, they look awesome!!!! Good for you whats the total carat weight??? Love the martini setting, btw!!!
30.gif

Jennifer5973

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/21/2005 9:22:21 PM
Author: kaleigh
Jenn, they look awesome!!!! Good for you whats the total carat weight??? Love the martini setting, btw!!!
30.gif
2.09 cts!
3.gif
36.gif

Patty

Ideal_Rock
Jenn, they look amazing!

They deserve their own thread!

Jennifer5973

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/21/2005 9:23:15 PM
Author: Patty
Jenn, they look amazing!

They deserve their own thread!
When I get them, you bet, woman!

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/21/2005 9:18:25 PM
Author: Jennifer5973
Both stones are I, SI2 (totally eye clean), identical dimensions down to the crown & pavillion angles... It was like they were right there waiting for me. So perfectly matched... amazing.

I chose the 3 prong martini setting in WG. I should have them next week sometime.
36.gif

ETA: I am sorry I hijacked the thread...didn't mean to! When Jelly asked, I had just gotten that pic from Denise and I gave in to temptation and posted it here!
Jenn
beautiful pair of stones.
30.gif
10.gif
3 prong martini setting are the best looking
36.gif
36.gif
.now you need to go celebrate with couple of real martinis.
2.gif
9.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
2.09 carats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Wow how did I miss that. Drinks on the house!!!!!
3.gif

Jennifer5973

Ideal_Rock
Thought this might be helpful to those trying to decide...the bezel does add to the overall size but the "floating" effect of the 3 prong basket is really nice. Tough call!
1.gif

1.56 J, SI2 in bezel and 3 prong basket.

2 settings.sidebyside.jpg

Maxine

Brilliant_Rock
I definitely prefer the 3 - prong..........will look great w/martini set studs!!!!
9.gif

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/21/2005 9:31:21 PM
Author: kaleigh
2.09 carats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Wow how did I miss that. Drinks on the house!!!!!
3.gif
Lisa
so,what time can we come over for cocktail?
9.gif
make sure you have some Grey Goose for Jenn.
2.gif

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
The three prong looks MUCH better and is more flattering to the stone. I think the bezel was a bit heavy. . .

Jennifer5973

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/21/2005 11:27:33 PM
Author: MichelleCarmen
The three prong looks MUCH better and is more flattering to the stone. I think the bezel was a bit heavy. . .
Michelle, you put your finger on what I was thinking...It is so tempting to always focus on size...how "big" we can get things to look but in this case, with this stone (a good make but not ideal), it seems like the 3 prong really makes it pop.

Bagpuss

Brilliant_Rock
I still can''t tell if the stone is fixed on the chain or not. Please put me out of my misery and tell me!
8.gif

Jennifer5973

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/22/2005 2:55:26 PM
Author: Bagpuss
I still can''t tell if the stone is fixed on the chain or not. Please put me out of my misery and tell me!
8.gif
Oops, I''m sorry!!!!! It''s fixed with "rabbit ears"--chain is attached on either side.
1.gif

Bagpuss

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks!
9.gif

Do you find it sits nicely with the stone in the middle of your neck or do you have to reposition it frequently?

I''m keen to get the three prong setting to match my earrings, but the three prong soiltaire sliders I''ve tried on (where you just thread the chain through the basket) just don''t sit properly. But then I''ve heard people complain that the fixed ones can be just as much of a pain because they are always off to one side.
38.gif

Is there any way to make a three prong setting into a ''good'' slider, I wonder?

Libster

Brilliant_Rock
Jenn,
Somehow I missed all the action! I love the new setting for the pendant and I may be in the minority, but think the stone looks bigger
11.gif

Now, you know how excited I am for you that you will have the most FABULOUS studs!! Can''t wait to see the final product and I echo the sentiment that they deserve their own therad......you will be just blinding with bling
10.gif

Jennifer5973

Ideal_Rock
I think it moves around but most of the time, it''s straight up; it does move a bit side to side. (I''ve only worn it 2X since getting it back)...I believe most pendants will move a bit... the slider, though, might be the best...In general, i find anything with a bale tends not to flip or move to much...The slider might give yoiu more more of the look of a suspended stone but with some of the set-up of the bale for stabilization.
1.gif

karenleah15

Shiny_Rock
Here is my necklace. Sorry it isn''t a neck shot. It is my insurance pic. I still haven''t figured out my new dig camara.
33.gif

916627heartnecklace.jpg

karenleah15

Shiny_Rock
It is a VS1 G .20 set in a platinum heart with a platinum chain. 16-18 inches adjustable. It is a small little diamond but I just love it. Christmas gift from hubby that he picked out all by himself. I just love that man!!

karenleah15

Shiny_Rock
I found with my necklace the chain goes through the top of the heart (kind of like a "slider" I guess?) With the chain this way the heart doesn''t flip at all. It does slide on the chain but it never flips on me.

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
that''s very pretty Karen.

jellybean

Brilliant_Rock
Here''s a closer pic of my pendant that is my original e-ring diamond. It''s tiny but it really sparkles!

100_1286.jpg

CdnBlingGal

Brilliant_Rock
Okay, i just couldn't get a clear picture of my pendant on my neck. So, this is it.

This diamond was my 'initial' diamond from form e-ring. It's .59ct, L, Si2. My uneducated Dh's first diamond purchase. I give him an "A" for effort. I will cherish this one forever.

resiznecklace.JPG

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I thought I would add my pendant to this thread
1.21 G VS1 wg three prong basket

6689.JPG

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
Oh Kaleigh! I LOVE IT!
30.gif

Wouldn't it look smashing w/ matching 3-prong martini studs??!!! OH! My ever-growing Wish List just got even longer!!!!
20.gif
2.gif
1.gif
*sigh*

Lynn

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks sweetie!!!! Methinks you need a nice pair of martini earrings!!!!! And SOON!!!!!

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
I know! I do! IdoIdoIdoIdoIdoIdoIdoIdoIdoIdoIdoIdoIdoIdoIdo....
36.gif

2.gif
1.gif
9.gif

Lynn

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks Sevens one for asking me to post my pendant. I''m happy that I can finally add to one of my favorite threads! Here''s my new baby...........AGS0 H&A, .82 ct G VS2 set in a white gold Stuller Solstice setting:

cmspend7.JPG

Bagpuss

Brilliant_Rock
Lovely. I''m gonna have to get myself one soon...............or I''ll go green with envy!
19.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results