shape
carat
color
clarity

Sold!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
I'm keeping MY stone :) I spent about 4 hours today, saw the best that was to be seen here... the only thing that was equal to my stone was a 2.56 carat round from tiffanys that was $66k. And it wasn't better. The scint/fire was equal. The tiff diamond was more uniform under the table where as mine has a variety of types of scint from the tiniest of pinfire to the broadest of broadfire (and everything in between hehehe) Apparently my stone really rocks. I'll just have to get over the quirks. one jeweler who looked at it under a microscope said that he'd *never* seen a stone with such ideal symmetry before and that the cut was beyond excellent. I saw a 2.4 carat ideal round that was almost as good and a 2.04 carat ben bridge signature something or other ($37k) with 8 extra pavillion facets and while that had ENORMOUS scint/fire it was all small and extremely uniform which however lovely would be boring to me after a few minutes. After walks in the park and grocery store with my stone I was really starting to love its unique beauty, but after seeing it face to face with the best stones I could find in Portland, I have to say that generally it was at least as good, was almost as good in *even* scint and was superior in variety of scint by bushels. So yeah, I'm totally sold. Two jewelers told me I should keep the one I have rather than pay more for one of theirs because they were honestly impressed with it. None of the jewelers could find the inclusions... even with the loupe and the GIA cert... And when I think about the moonlight rainbows I get, yeah it's done, I'm done, I'm off the market, I'm getting married to my rock :) Yay me!!!

Now, I have to design the setting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :) :)
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Oh and she has a name... Gemini :) For her split personality! lol Gem -n- I hehehe

cbOMC43.jpg

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

I''m so glad you are keeping it. it sure did look special from the pics you were taking. can''t wait to see how you decide to set it....

congrats...

BlueKeet

Shiny_Rock
Ahhh! Congratulations. I''ve checked a few times to see if you had made a decision yet. Great choice. You couldn''t return it after naming it anyway!

SuzyQZ

Brilliant_Rock
I''m so happy you finally found "the one"!
30.gif

It''s a big relief and weight off your shoulders, I''m sure!! No looking back, no second guessing, no regrets!

Now the fun starts... Designing your setting! Yeah!
36.gif

Whatever you decide, it will only enhance the beauty of that fine diamond!!

Congratulations!!!!

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

I''m so glad you checked it against other stones. Now you''ll have no doubts. I KNOW that would give me peace of mind.
36.gif

As far as settings go...I like it set North South. Just like in the photo above. But you said at one point that you''d like it E/W, didn''t you?

Find some settings and post them. We''ll all comment!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yay, Cehra!!!
36.gif
I am really happy for you to have made a decision....I know well what a relief it is! Can''t wait to see your setting choices! My stone came today so I am off to look at settings tomorrow!

isaku5

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations, Cehra!!!! That''s wonderful news!!
36.gif
36.gif

Now for the setting....

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/7/2006 7:44:28 PM
Author: Stone Hunter
CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

I''m so glad you checked it against other stones. Now you''ll have no doubts. I KNOW that would give me peace of mind.
36.gif

As far as settings go...I like it set North South. Just like in the photo above. But you said at one point that you''d like it E/W, didn''t you?

I was going to set it EW mostly because I thought it would be out of the way and not catching on stuff but I like the way it looks better NS now also... it does take me back to my original desire to have an oval... but this isn''t oval, it has ''shoulders'' and it certainly doesn''t have an oval facet pattern! lol I call it an OMB. Not an OMC LOL It says in the GIA cert - old mine brilliant... hehehe... anyway what I loved about ovals was how they sit on the hand... I''m still working on the design... it''s going to be totally unusual for sure LOL I don''t know if I can explain it well... if I try I''m sure I''ll get crickets or even ''ewww''s LOL

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Congrats! Look forward to seeing what you put it in.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yay Cehra!!! Congratulations!!!! It sure is gorgeous, and I can''t wait to see how you set it. Yipee!!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
30.gif

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
oh wow~! such great news!! i am SOOO happy you''ve decided to marry this diamond! who can blame you for taking the time and making sure this was the best one for you!
36.gif

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/7/2006 7:51:12 PM
Author: diamondseeker2006
Yay, Cehra!!!
36.gif
I am really happy for you to have made a decision....I know well what a relief it is! Can''t wait to see your setting choices! My stone came today so I am off to look at settings tomorrow!
Yay!!!! I saw some absolutely gorgeous settings today... my favorite would have been for a round diamond and it was graduated in size from probably .15 down to tiny on all 3 sides with four meaty prongs also covered on 3 sides each with diamonds lol I know that''s a little off from what you''re looking for lol!

Have you narrowed down what you want to see?

widget

Ideal_Rock
Hooray, Cehrabehra!!!!!!!!!!
36.gif

Whew! Your quest for the perfect OMC has been an adventure for all of us!!! I''m just thrilled for you...

The stone looks positively stunning. OMC''s are truly one of my favorite cuts, even though the only ones I''ve seen have been mis-shapen and cattywompus. Yours must be SO incredible in real life!!
30.gif

Now don''t get TOO creative and innovative on the mounting!!! LOL...or I''ll come and get you! (JK
2.gif
) Can you at least share what ''mood'' you''re thinking of? I''m so in love with that east/west ring we were all admiring recently...I''ve forgotten whose it was...

OOOOOOHHHH, I''m so excited for you!!
3.gif

widget

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh Cehra I''m so happy for you! Isn''t it a great feeling to reach "peace" with your diamond?!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 9/7/2006 7:57:53 PM
Author: Cehrabehra

Date: 9/7/2006 7:51:12 PM
Yay, Cehra!!!
36.gif
Yay!!!! I saw some absolutely gorgeous settings today... my favorite would have been for a round diamond and it was graduated in size from probably .15 down to tiny on all 3 sides with four meaty prongs also covered on 3 sides each with diamonds lol I know that''s a little off from what you''re looking for lol!

Have you narrowed down what you want to see?
Cehra, I''m so overwhelmed with settings that I''m probably going to get a plain solitaire with diamond w-band. I just don''t see one that I LOVE enough to pay $2000-4000 or so for yet. I just love my diamond and want it to be the center of attention, so that''s another reason I''m leaning toward simple and elegant. I saw some quality solitaire settings last week, so I know it is possible to get those in better quality than the generic tiffany''s. But I may go to one more jeweler tomorrow, so there''s always the possibility that I could find something unexpected!

upgrading mama

Brilliant_Rock
yeah!!!!

It'' gorgeous, and I am glad you are keeping it!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
congrats, it''s a stunning stone. I can''t wait to see how it set it, you have such wonderful taste. Your ring will surely be exquisite.

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/7/2006 8:15:36 PM
Author: widget
Hooray, Cehrabehra!!!!!!!!!!
36.gif

Whew! Your quest for the perfect OMC has been an adventure for all of us!!! I''m just thrilled for you...

The stone looks positively stunning. OMC''s are truly one of my favorite cuts, even though the only ones I''ve seen have been mis-shapen and cattywompus. Yours must be SO incredible in real life!!
30.gif

Now don''t get TOO creative and innovative on the mounting!!! LOL...or I''ll come and get you! (JK
2.gif
) Can you at least share what ''mood'' you''re thinking of? I''m so in love with that east/west ring we were all admiring recently...I''ve forgotten whose it was...

OOOOOOHHHH, I''m so excited for you!!
3.gif

widget
Thanks widget :) There''s no cattywompus in this stone! It is listed as VG/VG for pol sym but that''s the highest they can go for that cut... from what I was told today they''re both actually above that and I saw many people today scratching their heads.... the antique guy I went to was really wowed, had never seen an OMC with a faceted girdle! lmao!

I don''t know what you mean about coming to get me if I get too creative LOL Is it an inside joke I''m missing? I''ve decided against setting it EW... This is the closest I can come to explaining it... picture this, with the stone set to girdle depth, and like a giant bridge or veil over a super high polished finish underneath so that when you look from the sides you see the shadows of the swirls and the rainbows from under the stone (yes my stone "loses" rainbows through the bottom too depending on the angle!) so it will be 9.5mm at the widest point and taper down to a band that is 4-6mm depending on which direction I go with the designs there... also, the ring is going to be square (much more comfortable) so the flat surface under the stones will really be like a flat mirror (think like a signet ring - I''ll post that pic next) but the top will be rounded like in this picture. Lots of filligree and millgrain and random melee diamonds sprinkled around on the veil tucked into swirls and scrolls.

beadsetfiligree.jpg

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Okay this is seriously exaggerated but roughly this will be under the veil... in white metal, all of it in white metal. Though I think I will do white gold to give it that *slightly* yellow, aged veil look that will match my J diamond :)

is that too creative? Hey I have stone that is new meets old... hehehe... modern tech ring with old fashioned romantic touches. BTW the shank will be lots of custom hand engraving etc and there''s a couple surprises you guys will just have to wait for ;-)

5203a.jpg

mia15

Shiny_Rock
Yay!!! I was wondering how it would turn out! Congratulations, and I wish the two of you many years of happiness, of course! As a fellow OEC/OMC lover, I can''t wait to see how you set it.

Widget, I''ve been thinking about that E/W ring, too. (Hint, hint, Cehra...)

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/7/2006 11:26:58 PM
Author: emeraldlover
Yay!!! I was wondering how it would turn out! Congratulations, and I wish the two of you many years of happiness, of course! As a fellow OEC/OMC lover, I can''t wait to see how you set it.

Widget, I''ve been thinking about that E/W ring, too. (Hint, hint, Cehra...)
I am not sure the one - the one with the green stone? Yeah I was actually thinking of something very similiar all along but I have so many wants for the ring that I had to branch out... I really wanted a very simple cage... a girdle bezel with a V front and back and split shanks that went up to the girdle... maybe curving the V into a U like the golden gate bridge LOL Okay quick, someone photoshop a diamond on top of the GGB LMAO!! I like filligree though and millgrain and didn''t really want pave all over... I want engraving instead.

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/7/2006 7:42:32 PM
Author: SuzyQZ
I''m so happy you finally found ''the one''!
30.gif

It''s a big relief and weight off your shoulders, I''m sure!! No looking back, no second guessing, no regrets!

Now the fun starts... Designing your setting! Yeah!
36.gif

Whatever you decide, it will only enhance the beauty of that fine diamond!!

Congratulations!!!!
yes, well suzy, your input on that max brilliance thread has been a major inspiration... I don''t think I can have a diamond without it being over a highly reflective surface now... other details have changed but that I attribute entirely to you! Thank you!!

mia15

Shiny_Rock
I think the stone had blue/green flourescence? Set by Leon Mege? Well, I won''t have time to devote to my search until January or so, but it''s in my top 3 right now, that''s for sure!

Have you decided on who is going to make the ring?

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am so happy for you that you decided to keep it, I absolutely LOVE your stone! I look forward to seeing your finished piece!

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/7/2006 7:44:28 PM
Author: Stone Hunter
CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

If I''d gotten a round there are a ton of settings I *love* that I could post and go over... but this stone is just so weird, it needs something really special... not that the other settings aren''t special, but they fit a round shape, and some fit a square shape etc. like that asscher setting I saw today, if I was getting an asscher whoosh into that setting it would go! I don''t think my swirls will be *quite* as free form as the ring above... I haven''t decided how symmetrical of a look I want... and I might have diamonds instead (like those old gothic leaded glass windows) or something... we''ll wait and see what the designer comes up with :) I know I want it loose and lacy but lace can be swirly or geometric of sorts...

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/7/2006 7:57:22 PM
Author: jcrow
oh wow~! such great news!! i am SOOO happy you''ve decided to marry this diamond! who can blame you for taking the time and making sure this was the best one for you!
36.gif
haha thanks :) in usual fashion I had to beat the decision making process to death! funny though, this stone was *calling* to me. I maybe had looked at BN once but just at rounds I think or I don''t remember... and was working with someone else and taking a journey down a path that I was hopeful about and just to kill time thought I''d look at BN and this stone just stuck out its foot and tripped me and I tried to get the other vendor to get it because I really wanted to work with them but BN had a lock on it so I had to make a choice and really there was no choice because this stone was calling bad. I had to see it. I switched gears on a dime, bought it boom! sight unseen (you all know BN gives nada squat but the cert) and thought it was weirdly beautiful at first but then I thought no way could it have been that cheap... for 2.71 carats? I kept looking for something to be wrong, tried to have every doubt possible... I figure if it can stand next to a 66k tiffany VVS1 G 2.56 carat and look just as good if not better, who am I kidding? LMAO! BTW it kicked Lucida''s a$$
31.gif

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/7/2006 8:34:23 PM
Author: Dee*Jay
Oh Cehra I''m so happy for you! Isn''t it a great feeling to reach ''peace'' with your diamond?!
yes, I feel like I had to doubt it from every angle just like I did my husband!!! lmao!!! Once I decided he was the guy there was no looking back and I am still in love :) I''m sure this stone and ring that represent our marriage will never cause me another moment''s doubt :)

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/7/2006 8:38:54 PM

Cehra, I''m so overwhelmed with settings that I''m probably going to get a plain solitaire with diamond w-band. I just don''t see one that I LOVE enough to pay $2000-4000 or so for yet. I just love my diamond and want it to be the center of attention, so that''s another reason I''m leaning toward simple and elegant. I saw some quality solitaire settings last week, so I know it is possible to get those in better quality than the generic tiffany''s. But I may go to one more jeweler tomorrow, so there''s always the possibility that I could find something unexpected!
what about going the custom route for you? Do you have elements that you really want? I bet you could get *exactly* what you want since you tend to like simpler stuff for just about 1k or maybe 1.5 just because plat has gone up lol

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/7/2006 11:46:36 PM
Author: emeraldlover
I think the stone had blue/green flourescence? Set by Leon Mege? Well, I won''t have time to devote to my search until January or so, but it''s in my top 3 right now, that''s for sure!

Have you decided on who is going to make the ring?
I don''t know if I know what stone you''re talking about???

I''m pretty sure i''ve chosen green lake http://www.greenlakejewelry.com ... they''re in seattle and I can drive up there for sessions and I can keep all of my ideas logged on their website... I found them on this site but not many have used them... I''m curious if there are any issues with them I don''t know about because they really seem awesome! This is the ring I saw where I ''discovered'' them. https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/my-new-ring-custom-from-greenlake-jewelry-works.45126/=

and

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/review-of-greenlake-jewelry-works-custom-experience.47387/=

they have a guarantee you''ll love it guarantee... :) anyone hear anything bad about them? I love the work they have on their site...

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/7/2006 11:49:35 PM
Author: Diamond*Dana
I am so happy for you that you decided to keep it, I absolutely LOVE your stone! I look forward to seeing your finished piece!
omg someone loves my stone!! oh that tickles me! after loving so many stones that belonged to others, I didn''t know if anyone would ever love my wierd little stone ROFL!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results