shape
carat
color
clarity

So who bought the silver topaz from Barry

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Barrett

Ideal_Rock
Hey loriken..why don''t you send that SILVER TOPAZ to GIA or AGL and get it certified..what will they send you back.....a silver topaz??? Will it say that on the report??? Wait... I sent a SILVER TOPAZ to get CERTIFIED but they sent it back graded as a colorless topaz. Oh..wait GIA and AGL must be wrong. How can you argue against GIA or AGL. You have to follow the guidelines set by these labs..that is what they are there for. Almost all gems are bought and sold with reports from these institutions..they are pretty much the end all be all of gems..what they say goes. Why don''t you call GIA in carlsbad on Monday and ask for a comprehensive report on silver topaz and see what they say.

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/3/2009 10:33:50 PM
Author: amethystguy
Hey loriken..why don''t you send that SILVER TOPAZ to GIA or AGL and get it certified..what will they send you back.....a silver topaz??? Will it say that on the report??? Wait... I sent a SILVER TOPAZ to get CERTIFIED but they sent it back graded as a colorless topaz. Oh..wait GIA and AGL must be wrong. How can you argue against GIA or AGL. You have to follow the guidelines set by these labs..that is what they are there for. Almost all gems are bought and sold with reports from these institutions..they are pretty much the end all be all of gems..what they say goes. Why don''t you call GIA in carlsbad on Monday and ask for a comprehensive report on silver topaz and see what they say.

33.gif

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
AMGUY- I really think we should just move on. Marketing name is just that, and I'm sure Barry was upfront and honest in his pricing and information on the stone, we here really love Barry's cutting style and when there is a unique gem color on his site, we/I like to inquire about it.

LamborghiniGirl

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Ok, so I am a bit tired and I tried sifting through this thread to find the answer to the title-- but all I found was discussion about the name ''silver topaz''. So... who bought it? Was the answer even mentioned in this thread?

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/3/2009 10:44:22 PM
Author: LamborghiniGirl
Ok, so I am a bit tired and I tried sifting through this thread to find the answer to the title-- but all I found was discussion about the name 'silver topaz'. So... who bought it? Was the answer even mentioned in this thread?
no one yet, but Lori bought one that was not posted on Barry's site

LamborghiniGirl

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Date: 7/3/2009 10:45:22 PM
Author: D&T
Date: 7/3/2009 10:44:22 PM

Author: LamborghiniGirl

Ok, so I am a bit tired and I tried sifting through this thread to find the answer to the title-- but all I found was discussion about the name ''silver topaz''. So... who bought it? Was the answer even mentioned in this thread?
no one yet, but Lori bought one that was not posted on Barry''s site

Thanks for the recap
2.gif

loriken214

Ideal_Rock
FRANKLY SCARLETT, I DON''T GIVE A DA@#!

Lori

Babyblue033

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

GoEnglish_com_BeatADeadHorse.gif

Selkie

Ideal_Rock
b>Author:[/b] amethystguy
Hey loriken..why don't you send that SILVER TOPAZ to GIA or AGL and get it certified..what will they send you back.....a silver topaz??? Will it say that on the report??? Wait... I sent a SILVER TOPAZ to get CERTIFIED but they sent it back graded as a colorless topaz. Oh..wait GIA and AGL must be wrong. How can you argue against GIA or AGL. You have to follow the guidelines set by these labs..that is what they are there for. Almost all gems are bought and sold with reports from these institutions..they are pretty much the end all be all of gems..what they say goes. Why don't you call GIA in carlsbad on Monday and ask for a comprehensive report on silver topaz and see what they say.
[/quote]

Given the nature of this site, and that fact that the regulars here are pretty smart, educated, and fully capable of doing our own research, your attitude is really off-putting. We're all perfectly capable of using google, or emailing the vendor and asking him what, exactly a silver topaz is. You seem to have made it your personal "crusade" to tear the scales from our eyes and open us up to the deceptive nature of the term in a rather rude, condescending, and pedantic series of posts. It's NOT NECESSARY. WE know it's a marketing term. You made your point, stop hammering it into the ground.

Barrett

Ideal_Rock

Please re-read TL's and chronos post
Just trying to add some info and "substance
9.gif
" to this post..I feel i have backed up all my statements with facts..this is a forum for discussion and debate. Permitted definitions foe gemstones are regulated through the International Association of Jewelry, Silverwares, Diamonds, Pearls and Stones; call the CIBJO.
In the United States, the Federal Trade Commission tries to regulate the industry and protect the consumers. They offer several guides for consumers and dealers.
ok, the federal trade commision federal statutes say
"§ 23.23 Misuse of the words "ruby," "sapphire," "emerald," "topaz," "stone," "birthstone," "gemstone," etc.

(a) It is unfair or deceptive to use the unqualified words "ruby," "sapphire," "emerald," "topaz," or the name of any other precious or semi-precious stone to describe any product that is not in fact a natural stone of the type or of the color described"[endquote] That is section 23.23 (a)

and they also say undereir federal guideline statutes

"§ 23.2 Misleading illustrations

It is unfair or deceptive to use, as part of any advertisement, packaging material, label, or other sales promotion matter, any visual representation, picture, televised or computer image, illustration, diagram, or other depiction which, either alone or in conjunction with any accompanying words or phrases, misrepresents the type, kind, grade, quality, quantity, metallic content, size, weight, cut, color, character, treatment, substance, durability, serviceability, origin, preparation, production, manufacture, distribution, or any other material aspect of an industry product".[endquote] According to there guidelines even the use of a marketing name not recognized by FTC is a misrepresentation of the item at hand and is punishable by law.

This includes all those crappy ebay sellers who do this type thing day in and day out. You can file a lawsuit against the use of a "fake" or misleading gem or gem name or the federal trade commision can too. So according to the FTC it is against the law to "false advertise" a gemstone name treatment not disclosed or not approved by them.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Pardon me, but I do not see discussion and debate in your posts. I see that you don''t like the term silver topaz, I''ve seen that for the last 4 pages, and even through the insults and all of the other off-putting remarks you''ve made.

simplysplendid

Brilliant_Rock
Quoting Shakespeare:

"What''s in a name? That which we call a rose
By any other name would smell as sweet."

Enjoy your sparkly Lori..

Ali

Shiny_Rock
Enough

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results