shape
carat
color
clarity

So... my 40 year old husband is having heart surgery

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

dbgaap

Brilliant_Rock
Dee*Jay

I''m checking in and so very glad to see huuby''s surgery went well yesterday and he''s home and resting comfortably.
I bet you are feeling such relief!!!

Whew!!
Hope you enjoy some bonding time now and he has a quick & full recovery.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Dee*Jay,
How''s your hubby feeling today??

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Better now that he''s home--thanks for asking! That unexpected overnight stay in the hospital was miserable for him, but now that he''s home he''s doing pretty good. Too bad we live in a four story townhouse though; the stairs are a bit of a pain (literally!) at the moment!

dbgaap

Brilliant_Rock
Just curious- does he seem to be taking this in stride (like it''s just no big deal?) or did he ever get a little nervous about the whole thing?
My hubby is so tough but when he is sick, oooh look out, he needs Nurse Nancy there by his side all day.
19.gif

snlee

Ideal_Rock
Dee*Jay, so glad to hear everything went well! Hope your hubby has a smooth recovery!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/1/2006 3:10:32 PM
Author: dbgaap
Just curious- does he seem to be taking this in stride (like it''s just no big deal?) or did he ever get a little nervous about the whole thing?

My hubby is so tough but when he is sick, oooh look out, he needs Nurse Nancy there by his side all day.

19.gif

Totally in stride--too much so in my opinion! He even fell asleep yesterday morning in the waiting room while he was waiting for them to come and get him prepped for surgery. I would have been (WAS -- LOL!) a nervous wreck, but he dozed right off. And he said the procedure itself wasn''t that bad at all (he even watched some of it on the TV monitor and asked some questions -- just the though of that makes me queasy!) but that the staying perfectly still afterwards and having to spend the night in the hospital unexpectedly were much worse. He''s been more upset over bad colds than this whole thing, go figure... !

dbgaap

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/1/2006 3:29:28 PM
Author: Dee*Jay

Date: 7/1/2006 3:10:32 PM
Author: dbgaap

19.gif

Totally in stride--too much so in my opinion! He even fell asleep yesterday morning in the waiting room while he was waiting for them to come and get him prepped for surgery. I would have been (WAS -- LOL!) a nervous wreck, but he dozed right off. And he said the procedure itself wasn''t that bad at all (he even watched some of it on the TV monitor and asked some questions -- just the though of that makes me queasy!) but that the staying perfectly still afterwards and having to spend the night in the hospital unexpectedly were much worse. He''s been more upset over bad colds than this whole thing, go figure... !

? You are kidding! I personally would have been scared to death to have the procedure, and I''d be nervous on behalf of hubby if he had the procedure.

Well! I guess it''s good! He''s a tough-it-out guy.
Glad it''s all behind you now!

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
Dee Jay I have been out of town but I am glad to see that your husband''s heart procedure went well and that he is home recuperating!

Capitol Bill

Shiny_Rock
Hey Dee*Jay,

I just returned from vacation and happened to catch this thread. I hope your husband is feeling better.

My Dad and his cardiology/electrophysiology group were the ones who "invented" the ablation procedure. It is but one of my Dad''s many accomplishments over an exceptional career in this field (and he''s still working on more!). His work has resulted in improving the quality of life for countless people. Thanks for indulging me in a moment of gushing pride!

Bill Scherlag

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Bill - MANY MANY thanks to your dad!

Happy hubby is home and doing well. He has one helluva bruise (about the size of a frizbee) on his groin/upper thigh area (I guess from bleeding under the skin from the 4 punctures in his veins/arteries), but other than that and a slight soreness he's fine. He's actually looking forward to going for a run early next week--can you belive it?

IrishAngel7982

Brilliant_Rock
I''m glad everything went well DeeJay! Your husband has great spirits...good guy. =) Keep him grounded until he''s perfect again!
1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results