shape
carat
color
clarity

so much for asking for input prior to purchase here!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

yellowsparkles

Shiny_Rock
Date: 5/23/2007 2:28:26 AM
Author: cinnamon013
http://www.whiteflash.com/diamonds/Compare_Diamonds.aspx?idnos=292637,292634

These are a bit smaller than you''ve been looking at, but could be a real $ savings if you won''t mind going slightly smaller. I think these would be terrific for everyday wear! They are F SI1 .40~ each
I just bought .41cts (each) and I love them. I was a little concerned on the size since I tried on .55s in a store and liked that size. However, the difference between the .41 and .50 were almost double (at the time I was looking) - so the savings is worth it and the earrings still look "big enough" for me.

starshine

Shiny_Rock
I''ve debated about whether or not to post anything on this, in fear of being flamed or something... but I feel that the other side of the story does need to be told. I have been working with Celena at WF since the first of the month. I started with a set of 0.80ctw RSG studs, feeling that I would be satisfied with the size and not need to upgrade later. They were beautiful and sparkly, but within the week, I found myself wishing I''d gotten the 1ctw. I contacted WF on the last day of my 10-day viewing period to initiate the exchange process. Since I''d experienced diamond shrinkage syndrome so quickly
emembarrassed.gif
, I decided that it would be wisest to get a set of upgrade-able ACA''s. Whiteflash was nothing by gracious and understanding about my desire to exchange, and Celena immediately sent me links on her picks -- the G''s and a pair of I''s. This was May 14th. So I have been debating the past week on what would be the best choice, what diameter and color I''d be happiest with, "biggest bang for the buck", etc. When we spoke last Friday, I was still undecided so she suggested that they upload the actual photos of the diamonds to the website to help in my decision. She also recommend that I go ahead and reserve the pair that I was leaning towards so they wouldn''t sell over the weekend -- I reserved the I VS2 set because they were a bit larger in diameter and cheaper. We planned to speak again Monday am once the photos were loaded and make a decision. When we spoke this Monday am, the photos were not yet loaded, but we did determine that though the original RSG set (I''s) were pretty white face-up, I could see warmth when looking at them closely and that bothered me (evidently I am color sensitive
emwink.gif
) With that in mind, we determined that I would probably be happiest with the G''s. Celena continued to work on having the actual photos of the stones uploaded so I could decide which 2 of the 3 would be best. I didn''t think to reserve them at that point... I''m a busy mom of 3 small children, it''s hard to think clearly (and make big decisions!
emsmile.gif
) You can imagine my shock when I came browsing around Pricescope that afternoon during my childrens'' naptime and saw that you were considering the very 3 that I was deciding on! (I even wondered if someone from WF had posted it to speed up my decision making!
emsmilep.gif
It was too ironic!) So of course I called immediately to make sure they were reserved! I''m sorry for your disappointment, but it is not as though I am some person lying in wait, trying to snipe someone''s diamond choices. I hope you find a lovely set for your wife. Cheers!

herky1

Rough_Rock
I stand corrected my post only prompted her to reserve and purchase them but didn''t actually draw her attention to them. In the end I think the moral of the story is the same reserve first post second. If I had done that my mission would be complete.

starshine

Shiny_Rock
Here is a nice pair that are in your price range... F VS2
http://www.whiteflash.com/diamonds/Compare_Diamonds.aspx?idnos=21176,21177

It would run you around $4498 with platinum settings (minus 5% pricescope discount, and assuming you don''t live in Texas and have to pay sales tax.) If I could go above $3000 without hubby freaking out, I''d be getting these! Best wishes to you and your wife.
emsmile.gif
emrose.gif

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
sorry to hear that! It definitely sucks. Hopefully you''ll find some nicer ones and snap them up

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a shame, I am sorry that happened to you.

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/23/2007 11:04:33 AM
Author: starshine
I''ve debated about whether or not to post anything on this, in fear of being flamed or something... but I feel that the other side of the story does need to be told. I have been working with Celena at WF since the first of the month. I started with a set of 0.80ctw RSG studs, feeling that I would be satisfied with the size and not need to upgrade later. They were beautiful and sparkly, but within the week, I found myself wishing I''d gotten the 1ctw. I contacted WF on the last day of my 10-day viewing period to initiate the exchange process. Since I''d experienced diamond shrinkage syndrome so quickly
emembarrassed.gif
, I decided that it would be wisest to get a set of upgrade-able ACA''s. Whiteflash was nothing by gracious and understanding about my desire to exchange, and Celena immediately sent me links on her picks -- the G''s and a pair of I''s. This was May 14th. So I have been debating the past week on what would be the best choice, what diameter and color I''d be happiest with, ''biggest bang for the buck'', etc. When we spoke last Friday, I was still undecided so she suggested that they upload the actual photos of the diamonds to the website to help in my decision. She also recommend that I go ahead and reserve the pair that I was leaning towards so they wouldn''t sell over the weekend -- I reserved the I VS2 set because they were a bit larger in diameter and cheaper. We planned to speak again Monday am once the photos were loaded and make a decision. When we spoke this Monday am, the photos were not yet loaded, but we did determine that though the original RSG set (I''s) were pretty white face-up, I could see warmth when looking at them closely and that bothered me (evidently I am color sensitive
emwink.gif
) With that in mind, we determined that I would probably be happiest with the G''s. Celena continued to work on having the actual photos of the stones uploaded so I could decide which 2 of the 3 would be best. I didn''t think to reserve them at that point... I''m a busy mom of 3 small children, it''s hard to think clearly (and make big decisions!
emsmile.gif
) You can imagine my shock when I came browsing around Pricescope that afternoon during my childrens'' naptime and saw that you were considering the very 3 that I was deciding on! (I even wondered if someone from WF had posted it to speed up my decision making!
emsmilep.gif
It was too ironic!) So of course I called immediately to make sure they were reserved! I''m sorry for your disappointment, but it is not as though I am some person lying in wait, trying to snipe someone''s diamond choices. I hope you find a lovely set for your wife. Cheers!
WF has beautiful diamonds that are in high demand. This is common and nobody''s fault. People should just reserve stones that they are interested in right away so that it doesn''t happen too much.

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''m sorry for your disappointment. It happened to me too. Not very long after, I got a better matched and bigger pair that was still within my budget!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/23/2007 11:04:33 AM
Author: starshine
emembarrassed.gif
, I decided that it would be wisest to get a set of upgrade-able ACA''s. Whiteflash was nothing by gracious and understanding about my desire to exchange, and Celena immediately sent me links on her picks -- the G''s and a pair of I''s. This was May 14th. So I have been debating the past week on what would be the best choice, what diameter and color I''d be happiest with, ''biggest bang for the buck'', etc. When we spoke last Friday, I was still undecided so she suggested that they upload the actual photos of the diamonds to the website to help in my decision. She also recommend that I go ahead and reserve the pair that I was leaning towards so they wouldn''t sell over the weekend -- I reserved the I VS2 set because they were a bit larger in diameter and cheaper. We planned to speak again Monday am once the photos were loaded and make a decision. When we spoke this Monday am, the photos were not yet loaded, but we did determine that though the original RSG set (I''s) were pretty white face-up, I could see warmth when looking at them closely and that bothered me (evidently I am color sensitive
emwink.gif
emsmile.gif
emsmilep.gif
Welcome, Starshine! This is more like what I expected happened. WF probably has hundreds of people shopping for diamonds on any given day. There are only so many matched pairs at one time. There might have been 10 people considering those stones at the same time. As I said, the first one to reserve gets the stones! I looked at sevral pair and watched them go before I finally decided on the pair I really wanted. Congrats on your new earrings, and thanks for coming on here and telling the other side of the story!

So Herky, did you reserve one of the other pairs? You had a couple of other good choices!

MWG

Brilliant_Rock
Hey Starshine,

I applaud you for posting and it is an unfortunate that Herky1 was not able to get the diamonds that you wound up purchasing.
I know that when I personally, went to Whiteflash I was looking at a F color .72 ct . ACA, I wound up buying a .85 ct ACA and when I looked the next day, my first choice, the F color was sold. You must move fast, because more than one person is looking for "great diamonds" here on Pricescope.

Just my thoughts.
MWG

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Starshine, I hope you enjoy them! I''m glad to hear it wasn''t someone pouncing on Herky''s find, but a simple crossing of paths!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results