shape
carat
color
clarity

so much for asking for input prior to purchase here!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

herky1

Rough_Rock
If you are the one who called and reserved the .50 G SI1 ACA pair I posted here last night for your upgrade you suck. I would only have wanted them if they were eye clean at under a foot anyway. I guess everyone has a different definition of eye clean.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Herky,
I am sorry to read that your stones were snatched. This is quite common on PS starting around last year or so, I noticed. This is why I normally recommend to prospective buyers to contact the vendor to put the diamonds on hold whiile thinking about the diamonds. Most vendors do not charge a thing for this service (but some do, like GOG). There are many lurkers waiting in the waters watching the bait. When they see the green light that the bait is good, they snap it up right under the noses of those posting here for reviews.

surfgirl

Ideal_Rock
Wow, I''m surprised people here would do that. Not cool at all.

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/22/2007 3:46:26 PM
Author: surfgirl

I don''t think it''s usually people "here" if you know what I mean. Since you can read the boards without registering if I had to guess I think it''s mostly lurkers who do this.

Bad lurkers!!!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, I'm surprised people here would do that. Not cool at all.
I agree it's not polite to behave that way. I guess they think it's a virtual world and nobody would know who did it anyway. The regular PS'ers would not do such things. My bet is the unregistered lurkers too.

SuLi

Shiny_Rock
Wow! I''m sorry about your experience. I hope that you find a better pair soon!

Regular Guy

Ideal_Rock
Only a caveman would do it.

Still, fool me once...as Chrono would say...

woobug02

Ideal_Rock
OH MY GOOODNESS that is TERRIBLE!!! I would say 99.9 % of the people here would never do that
7.gif
SOOOO SORRY!! I have posted many items and never experienced something like that.... AGAIN so sorry
emotion-18.gif

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
I'm sorry. We have to find you an even better pair! Definitely keep the next ones on hold.

(Just had a thought - you don't know for sure it was a PSer, do you? Coulda just been an unfortunate coincidence?)

Iceman

Brilliant_Rock
Lets also think in these terms.

The vendors on Pricescope post diamonds that are not in their store yet. They are posting from cutters around the world.

Those lists are open to all of us. I go and order from this list all day without knowing if I snatched one from somebody working on one here or not.

So it could have been from one of the 35,000 jewelers in the United States that got on the cutters list and needed that stone.

Lets hope it went that way and not the other :)

What I have found is that there is always another deal around the corner.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Iceman,
I would normally agree with you but this stone is an ACA - it is Whiteflash''s signature stone which is an in-house diamond and not sold on a virtual database to other vendors, so this isn''t the case.

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/22/2007 4:46:02 PM
Author: Iceman
Lets also think in these terms.

The vendors on Pricescope post diamonds that are not in their store yet. They are posting from cutters around the world.

Those lists are open to all of us. I go and order from this list all day without knowing if I snatched one from somebody working on one here or not.

So it could have been from one of the 35,000 jewelers in the United States that got on the cutters list and needed that stone.
Corey, given that these are ACA stones (meaning WF owned and not brokered), it''s unlikely that they were on a list nad pulled by another jeweler.

That said, though........it''s entirely possible that these were snagged by someone having NOTHING to do with Pricescope. Whiteflash''s website gets incredible traffic, and someone looking for stones in that range (which are quite popular, by the way) could have easily submitted an online order.

This happened when I was e-ring shopping almost 4 years ago - I had called to talk with one of the reps at WF about a stone, and another of those reps was processing an actual order for the stone from an online sale. They had to tell me later that evening that the stone had been sold.

I think it''s rash to assume that someone from PS jumped on these after seeing your post. The world is much bigger than PS, and it''s very possible someone else had been considering these when you were and perhaps made a purchase decision more rapidly.

As suggested, though, in the future, you should put them on hold yourself before posting the link here. That''s one sure way to know they are truly available to you.

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/22/2007 3:40:56 PM
Author: Chrono
Herky,
I am sorry to read that your stones were snatched. This is quite common on PS starting around last year or so, I noticed. This is why I normally recommend to prospective buyers to contact the vendor to put the diamonds on hold whiile thinking about the diamonds. Most vendors do not charge a thing for this service (but some do, like GOG).

SERIOUSLY? GOG charges for this now?
23.gif

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Iceman

Brilliant_Rock
Sorry , I didnt read the ACA part
7.gif

So lets say I was talking in general on the subject :)

herky1

Rough_Rock
Well they are ACA so I think that clears up any 35,000 vendor talk. I think the fact that they are upgrading previous ACA diamonds tells me they might be into diamonds so just might at least lurk here. WF is looking for me but the prospects are at least an SI2 or I in color in th ACA. Tough enough to find one much less 2 that match
7.gif
. They tell me it''s unlikely they will list any more ACA before my deadline (anniversary). WF also said this is happening quite a bit and named pricescope specifically. So it might just be dumb luck for all these people to post diamonds for input on pricescope to have others grab them while they wait for feedback. If these wern''t a surprise gift I would have called right then and reserved but by the time I was done reading bedtime stories it was too late and I called right away today to check if they were eyeclean then WF called back later and said reserved last night. WF was very helpful so this in no way is their fault at all. So if what are you looking for is tough to find reserve it then bring it here for input not the other way around.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/22/2007 5:41:31 PM
Author: herky1
Well they are ACA so I think that clears up any 35,000 vendor talk. I think the fact that they are upgrading previous ACA diamonds tells me they might be into diamonds so just might at least lurk here. WF is looking for me but the prospects are at least an SI2 or I in color in th ACA. Tough enough to find one much less 2 that match
7.gif
. They tell me it''s unlikely they will list any more ACA before my deadline (anniversary). WF also said this is happening quite a bit and named pricescope specifically. So it might just be dumb luck for all these people to post diamonds for input on pricescope to have others grab them while they wait for feedback. If these wern''t a surprise gift I would have called right then and reserved but by the time I was done reading bedtime stories it was too late and I called right away today to check if they were eyeclean then WF called back later and said reserved last night. WF was very helpful so this in no way is their fault at all. So if what are you looking for is tough to find reserve it then bring it here for input not the other way around.
Upgrading to me would mean they know diamonds and knew what to look for, found a pair that matched, and didn''t mess around calling. No ones fault really, I would have, and have done the same thing.

I''m sorry you lost the pair, but as of the 17th, you had two pairs that were perfectly matched, not sure why you didn''t pick one of those...

I think it''s a bit harsh to just lash out at whomever though, because we really don''t know the whole story. I picked a pair once, they were ok''d and I had already wired the money when it was discovered one had sold. It happens.

p.s. There ARE other vendors who might be able to find what you''re looking for.

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/22/2007 4:57:24 PM
Alj,
It''s true. I just replied to another poster who had his stone snatched too. His was a GOG stone and when I told him about reserving it, he said that GOG''s policy requires a refundable $500 deposit.
https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/just-started-shopping-spec-help-please.62582/
http://www.goodoldgold.com/About/Policies/
Who knew?

I''m wondering if that''s a recent change? Maybe not, but it''s odd that I don''t recall anyone mentioning this in the past about GOG, and I didn''t know that was their policy when we were shopping or else I wouldn''t have even considered them.

If it is true, that''s a shame. I remember how uncertain it felt being a first-time purchaser (I was doing the stone selection) and needing a bit of reassurance.

Had that been the policy at my vendor, it''s unlikely I''d have purchased online. I can see where of policy of that nature could adversely affect sales.

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Bummer, hopefully a newbie will read your post and reserve stones next time so that it doesn''t happen to them. I''ve definitely noticed an increase in stones been snatched since my time here started about 1.5 years ago.

Rhino

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 5/22/2007 6:00:37 PM
Author: aljdewey

Date: 5/22/2007 4:57:24 PM
Alj,
It's true. I just replied to another poster who had his stone snatched too. His was a GOG stone and when I told him about reserving it, he said that GOG's policy requires a refundable $500 deposit.
https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/just-started-shopping-spec-help-please.62582/
http://www.goodoldgold.com/About/Policies/
Who knew?

I'm wondering if that's a recent change? Maybe not, but it's odd that I don't recall anyone mentioning this in the past about GOG, and I didn't know that was their policy when we were shopping or else I wouldn't have even considered them.

If it is true, that's a shame. I remember how uncertain it felt being a first-time purchaser (I was doing the stone selection) and needing a bit of reassurance.

Had that been the policy at my vendor, it's unlikely I'd have purchased online. I can see where of policy of that nature could adversely affect sales.
And good thing I caught this before any rumors spread further. Always safe to ask the source to make sure, but to be clear... There is no charge to reserve a diamond on the GOG website. When a client is checking out with a diamond he has the option to put down a fully refundable deposit but that is not necessary to pull the stone off the net and put it on hold.

Peace,
Jonathan

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks for clearing that up Jonathan.
1.gif

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/22/2007 6:28:04 PM
Author: FireGoddess
1.gif

ditto!!

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/22/2007 7:03:33 PM
Author: mrssalvo

Date: 5/22/2007 6:28:04 PM
Author: FireGoddess
1.gif

ditto!!
Thritto. And I apologize if my previous post (in other thread) led to the confusion. I honestly couldn''t remember putting money down to hold the stone, but I did remember something about 500 dollars, so... I should have looked it up before commenting.
5.gif

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Herky, it seems like I warned someone the other day about putting stones mentioned here on hold! Truly, the diamonds are on a public web-site, and whoever pays first gets the stones. I happened to notice yesterday, I think, that there were about 40 registered members online, and there were almost 1000 lurkers on at the same time! Basically, there are a lot of people reading and learning about diamonds and sometimes people get stone recommendations by reading the threads. I hate it that it happened to you, but I have learned that desirable diamonds (especially pairs) often are grabbed up quickly.

And as for GOG, Jon only wanted money wired before sending it by UPS to my house.
2.gif
I'd imagine that is standard.

(ETA: I think it would be nice if those who put the incorrect info about GOG would go back and correct their posts in the event someone read only the beginning of the thread and did not read down to Jon's correction.)

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/22/2007 7:21:24 PM
Author: diamondseeker2006

(ETA: I think it would be nice if those who put the incorrect info about GOG would go back and correct their posts in the event someone read only the beginning of the thread and did not read down to Jon''s correction.)
I put this link in there ds, thanks, good suggestion.

Hammurabi

Rough_Rock
Date: 5/22/2007 7:21:24 PM
Author: diamondseeker2006
Herky, it seems like I warned someone the other day about putting stones mentioned here on hold! Truly, the diamonds are on a public web-site, and whoever pays first gets the stones. I happened to notice yesterday, I think, that there were about 40 registered members online, and there were almost 1000 lurkers on at the same time! Basically, there are a lot of people reading and learning about diamonds and sometimes people get stone recommendations by reading the threads. I hate it that it happened to you, but I have learned that desirable diamonds (especially pairs) often are grabbed up quickly.

And as for GOG, Jon only wanted money wired before sending it by UPS to my house.
2.gif
I''d imagine that is standard.

(ETA: I think it would be nice if those who put the incorrect info about GOG would go back and correct their posts in the event someone read only the beginning of the thread and did not read down to Jon''s correction.)
hi herky,

sorry about your stones, i agree with dimondseeker about putting it on hold first next time before you post. This exact same thing happened to me, and i guess this is a public forum and i really cant blame anyone. (btw, I got another pair of beautiful earrings anyway!)

this sucks, but hey, there must be something better around the corner!

Good luck!

herky1

Rough_Rock
Diamondseeker yes I know that was last night late that I saw your comments and the first thing today I called to reserve them. I as hoping to use WF because of the ACA and the upgrade policy since they are surpirse gift and I''m not sure what size etc. she may want. It was my opinion that the .50 was a good starting point for everyday type wear. I posted this here because so many people here have helped me learn a great deal. If it wasn''t for some of the comments I heard from WF then I would have chalked it up to dumb luck. Happening all too often these days according to them so be careful with stones you think you want. Reserve first post second!

snlee

Ideal_Rock
That definitely sucks! But I think we can all learn a very important lesson. Since this is a public forum, it''s best to reserve your stones first then post. And I''m sure you can find another great pair of ACA diamonds. I think going with WF ACA''s are a great choice. It''s nice to know that you can trade them in for larger diamonds. I''m not sure if you have your heart set on getting that size or spending X amount of money but I''d like to just say that for me, .50 is a little too big for everyday wear. Don''t get me wrong, I''d LOVE to get 1 ctw diamond studs but I don''t think I''d wear them daily. I have a pair of ACA studs that are .35 each and I think they are perfect! Anyways, my point is to keep on looking and if you go below the .50 carat mark, it''s ok. Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results